EcoClean the Sewer & Drain Specialist

Founded 2004 • With Angi since March 2008

EcoClean is the premier family owned and operated sewer & drain specialist. We can handle everything from a clogged kitchen sink to a broken City sewer main. EcoClean prides its self on customer service and dedicated technicians. Call us for all your sewer and drain cleaning. inspection or repair

A Service Provider's profile image

4.1

drain cleaning (32)sewer cleaning (21)plumbers (12)drain pipe installation (7)septic tank service (2)

09/26/2020

Raymond L.

Technician arrived over 1 hour after the time given by office. Did not know the job specs that were given when appointment was set up. Had to return to shop as tech did not come prepared. When settling bill tech said $350. We explained that we should not have to pay road time for shop run. He called office and came back and said the cost was $350, taking the shop run off the cost. We stated that was the same cost. Tech said it was $75 for the shop run making the bill $425, so minus the $75 the bill was now $350. The cleaning of one pipe with no blockage should not be $425. Tech wore mask 2 out of the 3 times we conversed but the mask was not CDC approved, which means the customer isn’t protected. I think EcoClean needs to improve its communication with clients and needs to improve field tech and office communications.

Description of Work
Clean out cellar floor drain after another vendor installed waterproofing on the perimeter of cellar addition.

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/26/2020

I'm sorry you feel this way. Please note that, from phone and GPS records, our tech contacted you at 7:44 to state that he was on the way & arrived at 8:20 due to traffic. That isn't the 8:00 am time slot scheduled but not an hour late. When you scheduled you mentioned a local basement water proofing company referred you after doing work on your addition. I asked if it was a perimeter drain needing cleaning as this referring company works with perimeter drains often. You stated no, it was a short section of pipe that drains the addition. Therefore I scheduled our tech to cable a drain line. I quoted $250 to $350 because, from the description, I could not tell if it was an interior or exterior drain line. That cost covers cleaning a drain line up to 100' & up to two hours. The techs always have the proper equipment to clean these types of lines stocked on their vans. When he arrived on site he found that it was, in fact, a perimeter drain that needed cleaning. This requires another piece of equipment not regularly stocked on each van, & is why I asked the question when the job was scheduled. It is not that the tech was not prepared as we asked the question when scheduling the job. The tech needed to run back to our shop in order to grab that equipment. That piece of equipment is also $350 for up to two hours and $150 an hour thereafter. Per our GPS, our tech's total time from initial dispatch from our shop to return was 2 hours 52 minutes. He charged an additional 1/2 hour (or $75.00) due to additional time involved. Because you were upset about the additional fee I authorized the tech to remove it in good faith. We have provided our techs with CDC recommended PPE. I did check with our tech and it sounds as if he was wearing a neck gaiter rather than our provided PPE that day. You also mentioned that he wore the mask 2 out of the 3 times you spoke. I am sure the 3rd time was an oversight but have discussed that with him as well as making sure to wear the proper PPE.

02/01/2020

Daniel and Michelle C.

Awesome Their technician was extremely patient, knowledgeable. He explained what he was doing as he performed his task.

Description of Work
Clogged main sewer drain

Work Completed On 01/30/2020

11/05/2018

Brian L.

Didn’t hire them no different than all of them, just want your money and they don’t know

Description of Work
Drain issue

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

[Member Name Removed]- We have no record of your name or address in our system. We specialize in sewer and drain cleaning and do not perform any plumbing or heating work, therefore if you had a drain issue we could definitely take care of it. Since we have no record of you, or your address, what did we do or not do for you to give us our first bad review?

09/25/2018

Melissa T.

We called late on a Saturday not sure what the problem with our toilet was beyond the classic “it won’t flush the water down.” Tamara was able to walk me through the troubleshooting process to determine if they were the right company to help me, in other words was my issue drain related or more of a toilet hardware/plumbing issue. Once we determined it was the drain she was able to give me an estimate and get someone to come out. Less than an hour later the technician called to let me know he was on the way. Once he arrived he did some more troubleshooting and quickly determined what was causing the issue and resolved it. There was no mess, in fact he left the bathroom cleaner than he found it. Total cost came in under the estimate and now my toilet works better than it ever has. Thank you Ecoclean for your prompt and professional service.

Description of Work
Toilet Drain Clogged

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

07/26/2017

Edward B.

Called on a Saturday and he turned the truck around to drive 20 minutes back to our house to help us out. Could have charged more too, but he didn't.

Description of Work
Needed my sewer line cleared. It was a difficult job and they were great.

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

03/02/2017

Dan D.

A snake was used to clear a root obstruction in the pipe and the problem was fixed in less than 30 minutes. The service was fine but the fee was outrageous!

Description of Work
The main sewer pipe was draining slowly.

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 02/04/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the price of our Saturday emergency service. We did let you know over the phone that dispatching someone to remedy sewage backing up into your basement would cost $450, and reminded you of this on the jobsite. Please give us a call if you would like us to explain in depth each of the line items on your bill. These charges cover our fully outfitted and insured service vans with all equipment and an experienced technician! Greg, Owner (207) 310-8429

01/03/2017

Constance M.

I give them all A's they did a great job. They were nice and did exactly what they said they were. They were very efficient.

Description of Work
They did drain cleaning and general plumbing work.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

06/14/2016

Bruce A.

It could not have gone any better. He was pretty sure of what the problem was and had it fixed in less than 30 minutes. PERFECT!!!

Description of Work
Used a "Roto Rooter" type snake device to clear our kitchen sink and dishwasher drain outlet pipes. They had been slow to drain and were finally completely backed up. They were able to come by in the afternoon, even though they were loaded with work to do. I had already paid them $450 for a Angie's List special that included the use of a pipe camera. The guy who was doing the work said he probably would not need to use it. He was right so they refunded me half of what I had paid. Try to find that honesty nowadays.

Work Completed On 05/31/2016

12/31/2015

Bernadette P.

On Saturday afternoon 10/31/15 I headed down to my cellar to do laundry and found all of it flooded, approximately 4.5 inches deep. I logged onto my computer and obtained the provider?s name from Angie?s List. I called, and the owner, Greg Goan, answered immediately. He said he?d have a tech at my place as soon as the tech was done with the previous job. The tech, Keith, called a few minutes later. I told him about the situation and gave him my address. He arrived about an hour later. He took a look at the cellar and went to get his equipment. After quite a bit of work he got it to drain partway (about three inches), and indicated that he was running into a something that wouldn?t clear, despite using his biggest bit, a four inch bit. Per request, I told him the year the house was built (1947). He indicated that the lateral was probably Orangeberg. I said yes, it was, and told him about the sewer back up that had been on the disclosure paperwork when I was purchasing the house, and informed him that there had been a partial repair only because the roadway had been under moratorium at the time. Keith indicated that typically Orangeberg pipe collapses on itself when it fails. He tried to clear the pipe with a smaller (two inch) bit. He told me that his bit came back covered with clay, and that means that there?s a break in the pipe. He used a pressure bag, but could not get any further drainage. Keith diagnosed, with equipment, a break that landed right in the sidewalk ? 35 feet out from the house; he marked it with fluorescent paint. We discussed what needed to be done. He informed me that a sidewalk permit will be required to make the repair. He?ll provide the info to the owner, and the owner will prepare a quote. He indicated that because I have no real ?flow? I?m considered in an emergency situation ? he only suggested washing my hands. I discussed the pending natural gas baseboard heater installation on Monday afternoon and asked if that presented any safety issues. He said he couldn?t think of any. After he left, the cellar drained completely; I informed owner Greg Goan of this but told him that I wanted to move forward with a permanent repair.

Description of Work
Eco-Clean cleared a sewer backup in my basement. Keith spent a lot of time working to get the cellar to drain. Despite the fact that I have a “fixer upper” he very courteously brought his equipment in and out via the back door (it is closer to the cellar entrance) in order to minimize tracking dirty water through my front entrance. It was Halloween, and he worked late on a evening that he quite probably wanted to spend with his young children.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/31/2015

12/15/2015

Mary W.

I moved into a new home, and a week later the sewer line became completely blocked. The plumbing system stopped draining on a Sunday night (of course). Water was backing up into the washer and started coming out of various other points in the basement. Obviously the situation needed emergency service. I called Ecoclean and they got right back to me. Within an hour the technician, Keith, arrived at my house. He diagnosed the problem immediately and got right to work. He was very professional and helpful and showed me every step of the process. He explained the pricing structure and what would probably be needed. He completed his work quickly and efficiently. It turned out that years of crud had built up in the lines when the former owner lived there. I had called Ecoclean after finding them here on Angie's List and seeing they had a 10% off coupon for members. When Keith was taking my payment, I totally forgot about this due to the stress of the whole situation. I didn't remember the coupon until the next morning, but the office kindly agreed to credit me the amount of the coupon anyway. Keith also gave me instructions on how to avoid future problems. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Declogged blocked sewer lines.

Work Completed On 12/13/2015

10/01/2015

Kevin B.

It went well. The tech provided a video emailed to me of the survey and suggested next steps. The only negative was that I have an original cast iron outlet and the cap factured when being removed requiring a replacement cap and the tech did not check the seal of the replacement so when I flushed my toilet, a significant amount of water leaked from the cap onto my washing machine. I was able to tighten the cap myself to solve the issue.

Description of Work
Surveyed the lines from the house to the septic tank, checked the tank, and the seepage bed.

Category plumbing, septic tank, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 04/01/2015

[Member Name Removed], we are sorry the cap was not tightened down appropriately the first time. We are glad you were able to tighten the cap easily and that it remedied the issue. The technician will be notified to make sure to double check the clean out caps in the future. Thank You.

04/21/2015

Bridget S.

Service took about an hour. Very professional. The technician explained everything he was doing and had my basement drained quickly.

Description of Work
After a night of heavy rain, there was at least 6 inches of water in my basement. Ecoclean cleared my storm trap, cleared the line.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 04/21/2015

(removed member name), thank you for reviewing us on Angie's list. We are always happy to be able to help our customers and remedy their drain line problems. We will be submitting an estimate to you shortly for removing your rotten storm trap which appears to have caused your issues. Looking forward to working with you again in the near future.

10/11/2014

Corey G.

Keith showed up on time, and was very knowledgeable and very thorough in his assessment and recommendations. We really needed to understand the system before we can move forward wit bother home improvement projects. Kevin's identification of this system and his recommendations will create a great path forward.

Description of Work
We had another company try to snake our drainage system, but could not do it. we called EcoClean and they came out, snaked the line, provided detailed information about the system and gave recommendations for a comprehensive solution.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/10/2014

09/15/2014

Jerry L.

I am so happy with these guys. We had sewage back up in our basement (yes the worst stuff you can imagine) and we needed someone immediately. I called a different provider on this list at 9:30 am and waited until 3:00pm and got not even a callback. I came back to Angie's list and found EcoClean. I called them at 3:15 and they were at my house by 4:00. They opened up the clean outs, diagnosed the problem and performed some cleanup. Everything was fixed by 5:00. I am very impressed with the immediate response I received and highly recommend them. Also, I thought it was a good price.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot backed up sewage in basement.

Work Completed On 09/15/2014

We are glad we could help. Best of luck.

07/22/2014

COLLEEN R.

The service was exceptional! They came w/in 24 hours, albeit it was not an emergency, contacted me before their arrival, & did exactly what was needed. I am very happy w/ the services provided & feel that the company is very professional & Keith was courteous, informative, & knowledgable. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Provider searched my lines w/ camera, refitted my drain cap, & cleaned out drains.

Work Completed On 07/22/2014

12/21/2013

Joan K.

He was prompt, courteous, and did a very good job. The previous year they did a video study of the sewer line after there was some leakage. They took care of everything.

Description of Work
They checked and cleaned the line from house to sewer.

Work Completed On 09/10/2013

STUART O.

They did a good job and our drains are working just fine now.

Description of Work
They cleaned out some clogged drains for us. It was the upstairs kitchen drain, which fed directly into the 1/2 bath downstairs. The whole piping system was clogged with hair. It took them about a 1/2 day to clean it out. They used a snake to pull the clogs out.

Work Completed On 07/01/2013

Constance M.

It turned out fine. He was a very nice guy, very professional. We're very satisfied.

Description of Work
They cleaned our sewer drain. Our sewer had stopped draining - it was from our house to the main sewer line. Roots had grown into the pipe. He also treated it so that the roots wouldn't come back - he treated it on the inside and outside. They come back every few years to re-treat the pipes - we're now on a plan.

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/06/2013

Julie P.

It took about an hour. They identified the problems and gave us tips on how to keep it running efficiently. They did a good job for us.

Description of Work
They cleaned out the drain in the sewer. They came out the same day we called them.

Work Completed On 10/01/2013

Michael D.

Both times the people that came out, were very friendly and helpful. They diagnosed the problem and fixed it quickly.

Description of Work
They unclogged a pipe to our septic tank and helped us replace that pipe. The second time we called them, it was due to sewage pump not working. We had to call them after hours. We had 2 techs the first time, and the second time, one of them came back.

Category plumbing, septic tank, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/06/2013

Sandrea K.

They did a fine job. It took them less than 5 minutes - it was very quick! They sent one tech.

Description of Work
I had a plugged up toilet that they unclogged. It was afterhours and on a weekend.

Work Completed On 09/01/2013

11/27/2013

Theodore W.

It was a positive and expensive job but they did a good job with it. They actually contracted the digging part out but they took care of all the permits and other things and it was done in a day. I would recommend them to anybody. Right now, it’s still working. Of all the estimates I got, they were the least expensive. They showed up when they said they were gonna come.

Description of Work
I used EcoClean the Sewer & Drain Specialist to install a new sewer line.

Category drain pipe