Upright Building Services

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2008

2061 Hallowell Rd .

Litchfield, ME 04350

“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanship. We build trust by caring about your every detail and accomplishing the project by going the extra mile.” Additional email: ubs04350@hotmail.com...

4.4

roofing (51)drywall (16)decks & porches (13)handyman (12)door installation (11)flooring (11)interior painting (10)woodworking (10)window replacement (10)general contractors (10)siding companies (7)home remodeling (6)

11/14/2020

He admitted that plumbing really wasn't his specialty and he recommended someone else.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Two faucets installed

CATEGORY handyman service,plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/14/2020

Potential client called and we discussed his needs. Small plumbing repairs is not what I am set up for. Thank You In Christ.

09/21/2020

I contacted Fred through his Facebook page after finding him here on Angies list. He gave me an hourly quote of $55 per man hour (I assumed he was going to bring a novice helper as well and get me for $110 per actual hour while giving the helper $20 an hour). I asked him if he could give me a flat rate quote and I never heard back from him. Not even a polite "I don't give quotes or flat rate prici...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gutter, drywall repair, painting

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service,interior painters

COST $1,000,000

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/21/2020

Mr. Ellwell, Sir Thank you for your opinion. For me to defend myself would be boastful. There is a Truth that lives inside our exchange. Please read all the reviews. Show me where there is another review like yours. My complete apologies for not responding with in your percep of a timeline. Your assessment of my business is unfounded and slanders my business name. This could be seen by some as lia...

09/11/2020

Fred did a great job on our house! This was the second time we've had Upright work on our home, and we were just as pleased as the first time. To start, our front door was extremely drafty. Fred essentially rebuilt the frame, installed our new door and storm doors, and he also used spray foam insulation to ensure that no air would be leaving or entering the house. The frame was tricky to repair be...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front door & storm door replacement, repair the front door frame, new trim in living room, new flooring in living room.

CATEGORY flooring contractor,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/11/2020

12/11/2019

Fine. Fred did a great job. I will be looking for his help again in the spring.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General repairs and some carpentry

CATEGORY handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/11/2019

The member had me reattach a light where it had pulled free from the garage wall. Then I replaced a really rotted piece of Fascia. Then fixed a bench that the arm rest legs had fallen apart.

12/11/2019

Extremely well! Fred tracked down and explained the causes of the rot, took apart the rotted areas, and removed the inadequate flashing, which was one of the major causes. He then replaced rotted trim and beadboard, designed and installed proper flashing and roofing, and painted what needed it. In all, an excellent job!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Runoff from our large roof onto a porch roof below had been rotting cedar shingles, trim, and beadboard under roof shingles. Determining the causes of the rot was not easy and the repair was complicated.

CATEGORY decks,handyman service,roofing,siding,woodworking,house painters,sunrooms

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/11/2019

Thank you for the kind words it took a couple days to really figure it out. But found a few issues and rectified the problems. Also installed poly boards where extreme weather damage was apparant.

07/16/2019

He was very thorough. Price was fair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof leak repair and sealing around a chimney.

CATEGORY handyman service,roofing,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/15/2019

Thank You for the nice review. The work was straight forward. pulled the shingles around the chimney boot cleans as and pulled the boot. Installed ice and water flashing and shingles with a lot of geocel caulking .

06/21/2019

Fred came to my house just in time before a rain storm to board up a window another contractor broke and abandoned the job. Did not know how to price the rest of the job and wanted to work on an hourly basis.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Scrape, prime, reglaze porch single pane stationary windows.

CATEGORY roofing,replacement windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/21/2019

Actually very busy at this time. Most of the Windows are in very rough shape. Will probably need more than paint. Putting up the boards was to help. Didn't expect a poor review for helping. Sorry?? May God fill you with His peace through Christ Jesus.amen

04/20/2019

Upright took on a difficult job repairing an old plaster ceiling on about 75% of a whole floor and wrapped it all up in about a week and a half. Work was excellent; the repaired areas look better than they ever have.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ceiling Repair

CATEGORY drywall,remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/20/2019

3rd floor In Portland was ok with Hammond delivering with a boom truck. Glad that the Lord was leading. The work went as planned. Grateful the boss likes the work.

03/11/2019

Upright Building Services did all work as quoted, on-time, and in a thoroughly professional manner. I intend to use their services again in the future and would recommend the same to others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Several home repairs including door installations, siding repair and installation, and various other repairs.

CATEGORY contractors,decks,handyman service,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,woodworking,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/25/2019

Thank you for the kind word. This work went well to see some of the progress please check the Upright Building Services Facebook page.

11/23/2018

He was very pleasant and professional with excellent communication during the project. He gave us a very reasonable quote and we signed a contract to proceed. The work was done ahead of schedule and it all looked very good when he was done. We plan on hiring him again for future projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired him to repair a couple ceilings, and to upgrade a room with all new Sheetrock.

CATEGORY drywall,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/23/2018

Thank you for the kind words. This job was sheetrock and painting. The home owner showed us what he wanted and with thanks be to the Lord for a friend like John Ryan for his great help. We accomplished the work.

Bath, kitchen & basement remodels, decks, new siding, sheetrock, painting, built in cabinets, hardwood floors, porches, new & replacement windows, doors, garages, maintenence free exteriors, rot repair, full renovations, excavation, designs, foundations, framing, new home construction, interior trim, ceramic tile, sunrooms, additions, blown in insulation, attic access installations, gutters, interior & exterior painting & custom trim.

Asbestos removals.