Arctic Roofing General Contractors

Founded 2018 • With Angi since March 2018

Arctic Roofing General Contractors specializes in asphalt shingle roof replacement for residential and light commercial structures. We feel we build a better roof! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide,

roofing (23)siding companies (1)

11/14/2020

Brian W.

The folks arrived on time, worked extremely hard, were very safety cautious, preventively protected the entire home from any damage, cleaned up extremely well, and left in one day! Roof looks great. I am extremely pleased and Norm is very customer focused. Just SUPAH as we say in Maine!

Description of Work
Full tear off asphalt roof replacement.

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

10/18/2020

Tom W.

I highly recommend Arctic Roofing to anyone who needs roof work. Estimate within 1 day. Contact by Mr. Dickerson with a quote within three days. Both roofs done in ONE day with all waste picked up and put in the dumpster for pick-up. Arctic's crew are professional installers to top it off..

Description of Work
Removed old shingles, inspected underlayment, applied a full layer of ice and water shield, new drip edge and rake edge, ridge vent, cap etc. on house and barn.

Work Completed On 10/18/2020

09/15/2020

Raymond A.

The work crew did a fantastic job. Totally professional workers who completed the project as scheduled by Norm Dickinson. Polite, and respectful people with a visible dedicated work ethic. Cleaned up meticulously. Would highly recommend them and already have.

Description of Work
Replaced asphalt roof

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

08/11/2020

Celeste B.

I was very pleased with Mr.Dickerson and his men... Norm is a very good communicator and was patient and thorough in his explanations and answers to all my questions. His crew was timely given the roadwork that held them up a bit...and they all worked well together and were fast...and thorough also. The job was done neatly and they were finished and gone by supper.... The cost was very reasonable for the size of this job ...and the age and condition of the old roof. Im so happy with the results and the experience of working with Norm..he is a down to earth professional. Hes a true people person and was very good with answering all forms of communication and speaking with in person....in the future, should we be in need of more help, Ill be calling on Norm Dickerson at Arctic Roofing.

Description of Work
Roofing repair

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

05/22/2020

John K.

Excellent, Norm is very professional person, he has always been on top of things, always on time making it happen, you can definitely depend on him getting things done,

Description of Work
Replaced a commercial roof up in Damariscotta Maine

Work Completed On 09/15/2019

05/20/2020

Andrew and Melissa W.

It took some time for someone to come out to do an estimate, but he never got back in touch with me to tell me the estimate. I called several times and was told I would have the estimate at the end of the day, but I was never contacted. I can understand if they are busy, but it’s been a month and I haven’t heard a thing, not even an apology on the phone. I won’t be doing any business with this company.

Description of Work
Replacing roof

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

I sincerely apologize for not getting back to you in a timely fashion; the employee we had visit your house ended up quitting work and left us blindsided us as to the issues he left unfinished, including your proposal. He won't return our calls either, and had personally told me that he had sent you a proposal and that you declined the work. Obviously we believe you over him, but that was the reason we did not follow up. We have also had a sharp increase in the number of requests we have fielded this spring. We have hired to fill this gap, but are still catching up with proposal requests.

04/30/2020

Mark B.

Arctic Roofing was a great company to work with. The owner, Norm, went out to my camp within a few days after I contacted him and provided a detailed quote with several options. He also provided overhead photos of my damaged roof taken by a drone. We agreed on a price and the job was completed promptly. I highly recommend Arctic Roofing to anybody in need of a roofing company.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

02/14/2020

Scott H.

Norm and his crew were just great, exceeded our expectations. Super professional from start to finish. Norm promptly came out and surveyed both structures, took HD drone video and photos, and drew up a competitive professional contract. The crew was super courteous and extremely experienced. They completed both jobs, full tear off and replacement roofing jobs, in the heart of winter and did a fantastic job both on the roof and with the clean up. Best contractor experience I've had, hands down.. I will be recommending Norm and his crew to all of my friends and family, and now to you.

Description of Work
Asphalt shingle roof - complete replacement on both home and cabin.

Work Completed On 02/14/2020

Review for Arctic Roofing General Contractors  - 561 Main St, Lewiston, ME - 38387380

01/09/2020

Ann F.

I was thoroughly satisfied with the work that Arctic Roofing did on my home. From my initial interaction to completion of the roof, Norm and his crew were extremely professional and responsive. Norm inspected my roof using drone photography and provided a prompt and accurate estimate. The work done by his professional crew was superb. One of the things I was most impressed by was the level of outstanding customer service I received which is not always typical in working with contractors. I highly recommend Arctic Roofing.

Description of Work
Replaced asphalt shingle roof section

Work Completed On 03/13/2020

10/12/2019

Sarah F.

Great, very professional and work was done on time!

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

08/13/2019

Chuck B.

Perfectly. Contractor and crew were all extremely polite, fast working, and cleaned up extremely well. Very good people to work with. They took special care to match the garage shingles to the house shingles.

Description of Work
Garage roof replacement

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

08/06/2019

Jim A.

Every step of the process went smooth, Norm was very responsive to any questions I had. Overall very pleased with Arctic Roofing.

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

07/29/2019

Cody D.

Norm and his crew were great. I love 45 min away so Norm was very prompt with showing up, taking photos with his drone to give a full scope of work needed, and also advising on different tiers of shingles. We decided on a great combo of things. His crew started when he said they would and were done in two days. Everything was cleaned up and it looks beautiful. I HIGHLY recommend Norm. His accuracy for estimating is dead on, and he was the lowest price out of all my quotes which ranged from $6800-$14,000 for the same roof. I never go for the lowest price person but after talking with Norm and reading countless other reviews I was convinced it wasn't going to be a nightmare, and I was right!!

Description of Work
Complete Roof Tear off and Replacement

Work Completed On 07/24/2019

Review for Arctic Roofing General Contractors  - 561 Main St, Lewiston, ME - 38011627

04/24/2019

Clair W.

Our experience with Norm and his crew was incredible. What struck me most was the level of responsiveness and the commitment to professionalism. We were thrilled how thorough the installation process was and impressed that Norm supplied us with photos during installation that shows we were getting what we paid for.

Description of Work
Installation of a new roof

Work Completed On 03/25/2019

10/29/2018

Roger F.

great team - courteous, punctual, professional. they fixed a roof leak for my parents andwere super helpful. the only reason I did not rank the work itself is it was just this weekend and we don't know if it fixed the leak, but even if it did not we would still have Arctic come back out. very reasonable price, easy to work with and quick turn around. highly recommend.

Description of Work
roof leak near chimney.

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

08/21/2018

Lise G.

Very well, no issues. Pleased with results.

Description of Work
Re-roof of shed

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

07/31/2018

Bert S.

Excellent. Rich enthusiastically performed the job I requested, plus inspected my roof, fixed several potential leaks in the shingles, and crimpled my drip edge to prevent future wind damage. I certainly would hire him again.

Description of Work
Roof leak repairs and sealing around chimney.

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

07/23/2018

Mike B.

Everything was wonderful. They were very prompt and we are very pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
They replaced a roof.

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

07/18/2018

Stacey D.

I was really, really happy. They also followed up with me after the work was completed -- to rate my satisfaction and ensure I was happy with the work.

Description of Work
They assessed what work needed to be done, offered a proposal (at a reasonable price), and repaired my roof.

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

07/18/2018

David O.

It went fabulously! They were here early and worked efficiently to get the job done in less than two days.

Description of Work
They did my roof.

Work Completed On 01/09/2018

06/28/2018

Caroline B.

It went good! They were response in a timely fashion, weather permitting. Norm Dickinson was a great help to figure out all the details in the beginning process. Rich was a joy with his bright and cheery personality. The garage roof was done well, stripped one day and installed with shingles following. I also needed all new aluminum trim around the roof and windows. That was quite a big endeavor and I am very happy with the outcome. A metal roof was installed on my shed that came out well. Rich repaired around my chimney. They picked up daily debris and the clean up was done in an orderly fashion. They brought remnants and all the waste to the location where it was needed to be disposed of. All the work turned out with a good final outcome. The whole crew were very polite and hardworking. Thank you Arctic, I am pleased with your work and would recommend you to others.

Description of Work
Replace badly damaged asphalt shingles on garage roof and shed roof

Work Completed On 04/25/2018

Review for Arctic Roofing General Contractors  - 561 Main St, Lewiston, ME - 37198736

06/12/2018

Robert W.

Arctic Roofing and Siding, LLC examined pictures of the roof on my summer home, a three-hour drive from my winter residence, concurred that roof replacement likely was urgent, expeditiously prepared a proposal and began work, and emailed drone pictures to apprise me of progress. Their professionalism was so superb that I declined their offer to share half of the modest 17% above estimate for materials and labor whose need was not apparent until work progressed.

Description of Work
Replace badly-deteriorated asphalt-shingle roof; upgrade to metal, to improve quality of water collected from roof

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

Review for Arctic Roofing General Contractors  - 561 Main St, Lewiston, ME - 37147986

04/01/2018

Jamie S.

Great! Very responsive service. Came over quickly for an initial quote, which involved flying a drone over all parts of the roof to make sure everything was inspected. What initially was supposed to be a leak fix to find the source and repair rotten sheathing transformed into a larger project, as Rich found and explained (with photos and in detail) how just about all aspects of our 14 year old roof had been installed incorrectly, and had probably been leaking from day 1 (too much spacing on shingles, shingles attached with staples instead of nails, no step flashing on dormers dormer/roof transition incorrect, one row of ice and water missing with bare sheathing exposed, etc.). Having been trained as an architect it was easy for me to see just how poorly a job had been done on the old roof. Fortunately we had the ability to expand the scope of the project to the entire roof and related elements, which was a good call, as the other parts of the roof were also leaking as well, and also improperly installed. That being said, the service we received was wonderful. Work proceeded in an orderly fashion, with daily cleanup and removel of waste materials at he end of the day, and more continuously as the project wrapped up. One day was rainy, and Rich made sure any unfinished areas were covered by both ice and water and a tarp. Highly recommend. Prior roofers we had contacted either didn’t respond or didn’t follow up when we tried to reconnect, but Arctic Roofing & Siding was quick and responsive throughout the project.

Description of Work
Replaced entire roof and related elements