Faulkner Building Company

Founded 2002 • With Angi since March 2009

4.2

1 employee....

Wallace Home Improvement

At Wallace Home Improvement, we have built an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction by providing quick estimates, great attention to detail and competitive pricing. Being a screened and approved professional gives you the peace of mind you need to allow us to give your home the attention it deserves. Call us today and let's get started!

4Pro Painting & Power Washing

We offer fine quality Interior & Exterior Painting and restoration repairs. We're based out of Newburyport, Ma. and seasonally out of Poland, Maine. We easily service most parts of Northshore Massachusetts. , Southern New Hampshire, and up the coast of Maine into our other service area in the Sebago Lakes Region. Our professional painters and carpenters are the highest quality you can get and we are proud to offer a superior job at a reasonable price. We offer quick and free estimates any time. Please feel free to call Dan anytime to talk about your upcoming project.

Offers by 4Pro Painting & Power Washing	 on Angi
Precision Painting

No one understands a Precise Painting job like us. Here at Precision Painting, we make sure that any job we encounter will be done the right way with attention to detail and no messy cleanup! We strive to make sure the customer is always happy. Repainting a home or Painting a new home can be a stressful situation for many so allow us to do the job we are most familiar with. Our Values: * Honest work * Attention to detail * Customer Satisfaction We have earned the trust of many past customers through the team's hard and committed work which has established long-lasting professional relationships.

06/16/2013

We actually called them based on Angie's list reviews. We were in a situation where our builder had started the work and was unable to complete the job. Derek came out as soon as we called and gave us a fair estimate and was able to start working right away. They took a little longer to complete the work then originally stated, which was understandable considering the weather. Most of the work seemed of good quality and we were happy. Once spring arrived and we were able to inspect closer, we found the siding on the gable end of the house to be in really poor condition with several areas where the siding was damaged on the edges as if it had been dropped before installation. The rest of the siding looked great so I don't know what happened on this side other then it was a snowy day when it was installed and maybe they weren't as careful. We e-mailed and received a response of.. we will take a look. That was the last we heard from them. We contacted them again when we noticed the trim under the door bowed out so far during a warm day that I could stick my finger between the trim and the house. It has not gone flat again and needs to be replaced. We called again. No response. We should not have to call and email multiple times to get a response. The warranty apparently means nothing when the builder doesn't call you back. We are very disappointed and would not recommend them or hire them again based on the lack of response to our complaints.

Description of Work
Fiber cement siding and window trim.

Hi Guys, after just downloading the new app and taking a look over my Angies list account, I was very disappointed to see this review. I really apologize, I remember stopping by and taking a look at the siding. This was the first that I have heard of the kick board issue though... I'm sure that was just caused by the PVC being installed in such extreme cold and expanding in the warm weather. A very quick fix. Please let me know what I can do to make this right!! Although it is no excuse, sometimes I have a lot of things happening at once and any lack of response is certainly not due to a lack of caring.

10/01/2012

Faulkner Builders showed up on time and worked for two days, completeing everything that needed to be done by the end of the second day, even though they had to leave to purchase the necessary materials on the morning of the first day. The exterior components and repairs perfectly matched the existing surrounding surfaces. We feel their recommendations were excellent.

Description of Work
Repaired/replaced ice-damaged gutters and downspouts on southeast side of house. Removed/repaired rotted facia boards on the bases of each of four large gables and replaced them with maintenance-free synthetic boards. Removed exterior trim and facia and repaired and replace rotted window framing components around upstairs bathroom window (approx. 28 ft. high). Then, reinstalled window unit, replaced interior window trim, and repainted. Replaced exterior trim and facia with maintenance-free synthetic components. Exterior painting and caulking/sealing, as needed on all of the above. Added rigid insulation to interior wall of one gable.

Category gutter repair,roofing,woodworking

02/10/2012

Derek was very sensitive to the fact that our house was 177 years old and was careful not to disturb the integreity of the house.

Description of Work
pulled up second floor bathroom floor so our plumber could replace a clogged drain pipe.

Category handyman service,roofing,water damage restoration,woodworking

02/10/2012

they were very easy to work with and i am picky. i asked them to do extra jobs and they were willing to do what i asked and so nice. we enjoyed having them around. i would recommend them to anyone and have. i have never worked with a carpenter who is so professional does such a good job. Derek is exceptional in his work and his work ethic.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak in the back barn wall and found where it was leaking. shored up the barn with cement posts. resided the barn. fixed any rot they found. painted the barn and garage fixed the roof where there was an ice dam. reflashed the big chimney. took down a crumbling chimney. replaced the back of the el roof. installed storm windows. removed part of our second floor bathroom floor so our plumber could replace a clogged drain pipe. as soon as the weather is good they will be coming back to do what they couldn't finish

Category contractors,handyman service,roofing,siding,water damage restoration,replacement windows,garage builders,woodworking,house painters,interior painters

07/08/2011

They were very responsive to the initial call and came out very quickly to inspect the damage. They came the next day to repair the leak. I believe they did a very good job and am very satisfied with the work performed. I thought the price was a little high for the a one hour job, but I was okay with it. After the fact, I needed documentation from them for an insurance claim. I called and left several messages stating that and and sent several emails through the "contact us" website. No response whatsover. For this reason, I would not give them a good rating. So, overall, great response when work was coming their way, but no response after the job was done.

Description of Work
We had a roof in our leak which they repaired.

Member, I apologize for the lack of response that you recieved after we performed the roof repair at your house. I have looked back and did find your website inquiry on 7/6. I want to assure you that this was not due to a lack of care, but an oversight on my part. As the owner/operator of the business, I am on site completing the projects during the day as well running and managing the business around the clock. With all of the things thrown on my plate throughout the course of a given day, every now and again I will have an oversight such as this. We really want each and every one of our customers to be very happy with each and every part of their project, during and after completing it with us. This is what has kept us going strong so far, and I hope it continues doing so! If there is any way that I can make up for this, please let me know and I will be glad to do so. Thank you, Derek Faulkner

03/17/2011

We are extremely pleased with the results on all three projects. Over the course of several years, Derek Faulkner and Matthew Mansur of FBC have convinced us they have the skill and expertise to tackle any job and do it right. you can be sure that if we were building a home, FBC would be our builder.

Description of Work
Faulkner Building Company continues to be the best contractor we have ever worked with. During the period from June through November 2010, FBC handled three major projects upgrading and improving our home. The first project involved upgrading three 3x3x4 structures on the roof of our home that house the chimney and two skylights. These structures add to the appearance of the house and integrity of the chimney, but thay have always been a challenge to maintain (painting, etc.) because they are on the ridge of a very high roof. FBC replaced the original wood with a white synthetic product that has put an end to expensive painting and repair. At the same time, they replaced our 20 year-old skylights, and all the work was done over the course of about three days a t a very reasonable price. The second job involved removing four very large window units (8x8?) on the second floor of our home. These extremely heavy 20 year-old window units were replaced with nearly identical metal clad units constructed with new metal-clad models with very little inconvenience to us, over the course of a little more than three days. Again, the price of installation was remarkably low considering the difficulty involved in the work. Finally, FBC also replaced other aging wooden sheathing and trim on a complex front entrance at our home and on one particularly prominent feature at one end of the second floor of the house.

Category gutter repair,handyman service,roofing,siding,replacement windows,home builders,woodworking

06/28/2010

The work from this company was never performed. I contacted because he received an A+ rating on Angies List. I sent an email and never received a response. I tried to call his number and it picked up with no response. I sent another email and finally received a response from him saying that he was sorry he hadn't contacted me before now but had been in a rather serious car accident. I wrote back asking if he was ok but then never received a response. It's possible that there are physical reasons why I did not receive a response from this company. I just don't know. I gave up....

Description of Work
None

06/26/2010

I called Derek Faulkner for an estimate. He came to my house the next day, inspected the rood, and discussed the scope of work and timeframe I needed. I had a written estimate the next day. After getting a few other estimates, I selected Derek's because the price was equal to a competitor's, the materials to be used were excellent, and I was impressed by Derek's favorable AngiesList reviews. Derek and his crew showed up when he said they would and removed the old roof and replaced it with the new one. The whole job took about a day and a half. I was particularly impressed by the professionalism of the entire crew, the care they took as they worked around my house and my neighbors' houses ( which are very close), and the care they took to make sure everything was cleaned up well. I was concerned about debris in the grass and stones around the house because I have small grandchildren, but they left my yard cleaner than it was when they came. The roof looks great and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Description of Work
My existing asphalt shingle roof was replaced with a 30-year asphalt shingle roof, including new drip edge, flashings, and ridge vent.

12/03/2009

After reading such good reviews i was really dissapointed that i couldn't even get a call back from this company. I tried on two occasions. I left a voice mail message and also sent an emial via the company web site. The job i had to do was not a big one, and maybe that was the reason, but i would have appreciated some follow up.

Description of Work
No service as performed

This project was completed by us. This review was completed before we had spoken for the first time. The member is no longer on Angie's list, and is unable to change it.

08/31/2009

From start to finish, the project went well. Derek Faulkner, owner, responded quickly to our request with a thorough inspection and estimate that included a guaranteed price. Though not the least expensive of the three estimates we gathered, he offered to match the lowest bid when compared on an "apples-to-apples" basis. The job was completed on-time, at-budget, and much to our satisfaction. We found Derek to be personable, honest, hard-working, and an excellent communicator, in-person, by telephone, and via e-mail. On this basis, we were inspired to add to the original roofing project the installation of a new gutter system (done with the roof) and the replacement of two storm & screen doors which are currently on order (8/31/09). Working in tandem with an exceptionally pleasant and hard-working partner, Matt, we were impressed with the team's work ethic, energy, attention to detail, and willingness to clean up afterwards. We would happily hire them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Replaced roofing; installed more extensive ice and water shield; installed two replacement skylights; installed chimney caps; installed new gutter system.

Category gutter repair,roofing,replacement windows

Complete Interior/exterior building and remodeling services.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available