Fortin Construction, Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since August 2008

Fortin Construction, Inc., started over 25 years ago, is now the largest home construction company in Maine. As Maine's premier home builder our family-run company specializes in customization. Whether it’s for a new home or a remodel, we work with you to build exactly what you want. Our in-house drafters have experience in all types of home design plans and can customize your home to your heart’s desire. We provide top quality materials and the finest workmanship at competitive prices, earning an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau....

Sebago Metal Fabrication

Sebago Metal Fabrication is located in Naples, ME in the very heart of the Sebago Lakes Region. SMF is one of Maine's leading custom metal fabrication companies. While we work with metals of all types and alloys, our specialties are Aluminum and Stainless Steel. Sebago Metal Fab is also the exclusive home manufacturer of ALUMMIKON aluminum dock products. ALUMMIKON DOCKS offers a complete line of aluminum boat dock products and accessories and are quickly becoming the new gold standard in modular aluminum boat dock systems. Here at Sebago Metal Fabrication we have a simple recipe for success. We combine the highest quality materials available, sourced as close to home as possible with the forward thinking artistry and skill of creative local craftsmen. This formula results in an end product that is second to none with the kind of wow factor that our clients have come to expect. Sebago Metal Fabrication is a proud supporter of Maine and New England businesses, as well as our local community, we make great effort to ensure that ALL of our materials are sourced as locally as possible and we are happy to be one of the few remaining companies to do so. We take pride in our work, our products and our country and it shows in the products that we produce every day!

Backshore Home Improvement

Backshore Home Improvement, owned and operated by David Clough, is a full-line interior/exterior home remodeling contractor. We pride ourselves on quality and detailed craftmanship to improve your living environments. No project is too big or too small, please contact us to discuss your remodeling plans.

Wallace Home Improvement

At Wallace Home Improvement, we have built an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction by providing quick estimates, great attention to detail and competitive pricing. Being a screened and approved professional gives you the peace of mind you need to allow us to give your home the attention it deserves. Call us today and let's get started!

07/07/2020

Fortin Construction offers everything you need to build a new home in one stop. Budget and schedule were spot on. All materials used are name brand quality. Dedicated service guy for one year after completion is a very nice touch. Best of all Fortin was able to locate/position my home providing a bone-dry basement in an area which makes that almost impossible. Would highly recommend. Well done!!

Description of Work
Construct a new home

03/16/2019

We are still extremely pleased with the kitchen remodel completed by Fortin Construction. They were attentive to our wants/needs, fixed all the problem areas, and completed the project to our satisfaction in only 2 weeks. We have even hired them again to install new windows and were totally satisfied once again. We would definitely highly recommend them, and would hire them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Full Kitchen Remodel

Category ceramic tile,electrician,flooring contractor,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

01/12/2018

The foreman I think his name was Bob was rude and had no idea what he was doing. The workers smoked in my home, left trash everywhere and I had tools missing after.

Description of Work
Remodeling

Category home builders

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am sorry but I think you have the wrong company. We searched through all of our database for your name or address and cannot find your info for any work completed for you or at that property. We also do not have any foreman named Bob. We do have a very strict no smoking policy as well inside homes as well, so this really does not sound like one of our projects. I am sorry you had a bad experience, but I do not believe it was with us. We are Fortin Construction Inc. located in Auburn, I know there are other companies with similar names, so I understand you may have left this review on the wrong company page. We ask that you please remove this review from our page though since we did not work for you. Best of luck to you.

06/14/2017

It went very well. I have used Fortin in the past for replacing windows and siding and wanted to use them again for the roof. Ron Cordon is very knowledgeable and is very good at explaining the pros and cons of all options to help us come to the best decision for the job. The installers were very professional and did a nice, clean job. They took the time to be sure the job was done right.

Description of Work
Fortin replaced the roof on my house, garage and enclosed porch

08/17/2016

We obtained several estimates. Although Fortin was not the cheapest, we felt that they were the best fit for us. We could not have hired a better company. They prepared the plans for what we wanted to do and they obtained all necessary permits. Fortin's estimate included anything and everything that was needed to take this addition from start to finish. It included the excavating, concrete walls, garage pad, framing, electrical, plumbing, roofing, siding, drywall, painting, finishing work and loaming and seeding. Every subcontractor they used was top quality. Every crew that showed up at our house was extremely professional. Fortin's employees work hard and they care about the product they are producing which is evident in the finished product. Fortin has specific crews for specific jobs - framing crew, siding crew, roofing crew, painting crew, finishing guys, etc. Each crew specializes in their specific area. Construction lasted 60 days from breaking ground to completion. It was 60 stress free days. We never had to worry about anything, they took care of everything. The communication was amazing - we always knew when people were coming and what they would be doing. We could not be more pleased with our addition and feel that it was money very well spent. I would not hesitate to call them again for another project and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We added a 10 x 10 breezeway/laundry room with a 26 x 24 garage with full staircase to the upstairs of the garage onto our 1920 home.

Category contractors,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,gutter repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,home builders,interior painters

08/18/2015

Fortin Construction did a wonderful job at making our building process easy and as stress free as possible.

Description of Work
Fortin construction was contracted to design and build our home.

05/23/2015

I will not be using this contractor for the addtion.

Description of Work
WE had the contractor come in to give us a quote for an addition. The price for the addition was extremely high pricing the value of our house well above market value.

01/23/2015

Everyone was helpful and friendly. They involved us every step in the process. We finished well ahead of schedule and right on budget.

Description of Work
New construction home built.

09/22/2014

Once work got started it was done in a timely manner. Had to wait my place in the work queue. A crew of two did it all and they worked extremely hard even on some very hot days. They were both quite personable and friendly. They did a full days work and if anything I had to keep at them to stay hydrated and take breaks during the hottest times. Materials were delivered quickly and efficiently. The guy who dropped the dumpster (for debris) did an outstanding job doing minimal damage to the lawn area. A number of times I changed the job order by requesting additional things to be done (my fault, yes, it might have been smarter had I thought of this stuff before starting). Still and all they were able to work and deal with the changes and still get the mission done. There was a lot of debris but the guys somehow managed to get it all up and pack it into the dumpster in an efficient way. I was home during all of this and the crew was intrusive only as necessary to achieve the mission. Both the contractor and the crew were willing to answer my questions (even my dumb ones, and I had a LOT of dumb ones) without hesitation. The siding looks great, we've been complimented by many of our neighbors. The new back porch / deck thing is solidly built and once we seal coat it I expect it'll last a good long time. It has been 3 weeks or so since completion and we have had no reason to have to call them back for repairs or anything. The old Masonite siding was a horror show. Found where carpenter ants had just moved in but hadn't started anything, yet. Exterminator took care of that, along with some pesky wasps or bees. D*** bees. Once the siding was off found all sorts of odd work that appeared to have been done by Tim the tool man, or whatever. The crew was able to deal with this stuff using their carpentry skills 'on the fly' so to speak and were able to do the insulation layer without too many issues. The siding went on fairly easy although the chimney area gave them fits. Pulling off the old siding was a nasty job, but they did it quickly and neatly. As to the cost, we kind-of expected it was going to run a bit, but unlike shopping for appliances or a car, it is much more difficult to get any sort of accurate pricing info. We opted for a local company with a proven track record and history of many years of being in business. Fortin's has a good word-of-mouth rep and some background checking decided us on going with them. I'm satisfied that I got what I paid for and in the end that's all that matters. Yes, maybe someone else might have done it cheaper, but it's like having your car repaired. You can have your neighbor do it, or you can have a real mechanic do it and have it done right. The contractor, Ron, was right up-front with us; there were no "secret gotchas". In conclusion I would not hesitate to call Fortin's if I needed them. I would also easily recommend them for anything. If they can't do it, I'm sure they would tell you !

Description of Work
- Remove old rear deck - Remove old Masonite siding - Replace rear sliding door with new energy efficient one - Construct new rear deck (6x12) - Replace front door and screen door with new energy efficient models - Replace window set with new window set, again energy efficient glass - Replace basement door - Deal with insect infestation (fortunately minor) - Deal with underlying siding / construction issues (not as bad as appeared at first) - Install insulation layer - Install vinyl siding to two story house. Includes all metal trim work. - Remove all debris and clean up.

Category decks,insulation,masonry,siding,replacement windows,home builders,doors

09/11/2014

The experience was exceptional. The Fortin Construction people built our home in 2001. Their work and craftsmanship has been excellent on all occasions. If there is a problem or concern it is addressed with a smile right from Sherry in the office who is your first contact to Ron who does your estimate to the crew that does your work. For the smaller jobs you couldn't ask for anyone more professional and concerned about the outcome than Bub and Terri. They were both just amazing. They work on your home as if it was their own. You feel welcome to be involved as they work and take pride with them when the job is done. You just couldn't ask for a better group to work with. I would highly recommend them over and over.

Description of Work
Opened three interior walls for air conditioning people to complete work, Then came back and restored walls so well you would never know any work had been done. They also tiled and painted a bathroom.

Category ceramic tile,drywall,heating & air conditioning/hvac,remodeling,home builders,home remodeling,interior painters

New Home Builder, Garages, Decks & Porches, Roofing - Metal & Asphalt, Siding - Vinyl & Wood, Windows, Doors, Garage Doors, Hardwood Flooring, General Remodeling, Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling, Sunrooms & Patio Enclosures

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available