Chapel Valley Landscape Company

Founded 1968 • With Angi since May 2010

3275 Jennings Chapel Rd

Woodbine, MD 21797

Additional address - Po Box 159, Woodbine, MD, 21797.

09/13/2017

susan L.

Well, the company did not replace the large tree that bloomed. They fired the best man they had...horticulturist. AND they started doing a poorer and poorer job of "maintenance" even though they took my money every month. I finally switched. And am happier for it.

Description of Work
I had them do my plantings every year, weeding, mulching, fall clean up, winterizing. Paid quite a bit for a tree that they promised it had enough sun and if it didn't they would replace it. An 8 developed tree at the time...quite expensive. I paid a premium to have them take care of everything.

Category decks, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch

06/11/2015

Darlene S.

Description of Work
Renovated stone terrace and sitting walls. Removed existing planting beds. | |However, when I called and spoke to sales person to now add new landscaping, he said he would call me when he had more time. That was 6 months ago.

Category landscaping, lawn service

11/28/2014

Mark H.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

06/27/2011

Debra D.

The work turned out great. They gave us some recommendations for things to plant and put some things in. When there was a problem with the plants not responding well because of where they had been placed, they went ahead and replaced them with other plants that would do better in the spot. This is the second time that we have used them. They came out first time in the last year. We would use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
We used Chapel Valley Landscape Co. We last used their services a month or so ago. They did balsam design, planting design and they did some sketches. They discussed it with us and they went ahead and did the work.

Category landscaping

06/15/2010

Debra D.

Phase 1 rep first worked up yard plan in fall 2008, but construction on new addition and funds tight. We liked them enough to ask them to return in fall 2009. Rep amenable to dividing the job into phases. Designer and rep came up with interesting, unique approaches. Rep on site frequently and worked with project manager to adapt ideas to realities of installation. Very happy with final product. Phase 2 brought new rep, Shannon Reed, who worked with original plan and adapted it freely to fit our budget. We also had a deadline--a graduation party on June 11. Shannon emailed daily and kept up great communication. He had great ideas and worked with designer on a great combination of hardscape and plantings. When first budget presented overshot our budget, he adjusted freely, without compromising integrity of design. He is a friendly, eager to please person, and we enjoyed working with him. Installation team was professional and detailed, always leaving job in clean condition, even when not finished. Our project is small in comparision to lots of the work they do, but we were treated as if our city yard was a country mansion--very much appreciated.

Description of Work
Phase 1: In December 2009: stone wall erected along existing driveway. Old bed cleared, soil cleaned of ancient weed growth. Stone steps installed. Shrubs, overgrown beds cleared. Yard edged and cleaned. Phase 2: In June 2010: Old grass cleared and sod installed. Small stone wall installed. Overall design provided for backyard plantings. Plants and shrubs planted. Yard mulched and cleaned.

Category landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

06/15/2010

Debra D.

Phase 1: Chapel Valley rep designed lovely overall yard plan but we didn't start in 2008 as our new addition was not quite finished and budget was tight. Rep was detailed and courteous, so we returned one year later and asked to scale back plan a bit and divide into phases. Rep agreed happilly and work was performed. Rep had lots of great ideas. We would not have thought of large stones serving as stairs. Rep and on-site job manager worked with us as job progressed to refine designed based on reality of the job. Finished product was fabulous. We would hire them again and will probably in the fall to continue with Phase 3, which will be the planting of bulbs and a perennial bed inthe new area behind the long stone wall. Also, Shannon presented an initial bid that was a bit higher than our budget, and he was more than willing to work with us to pare it back when asked. Very little was compromised as far as the character and look of the project. Phase 2: Old rep relocated, so we were assigned new rep, Shannon Reed. Shannon was courteous and full of great ideas. He suggested the low stone wall in front of elm and then brought designed to the house to view site. He was extremely commuicative, emailing daily as we worked. We told them the date of an upcoming party, and Shannon always worked to make our deadline. Staff works with detail and precision. Crew is extremely clean and detailed. Site always swept and hosed down at end of day, even when job not finished.

Description of Work
Phase 1: Stone wall erected along length of backyard driveway. Large stones inserted to serve as rustic walkway from new back deck to backyard. Weedy, overgrown bed cleaned behind new stone wall. All shrub beds cleaned and defined. Yard edged and sodded. Phase 2: Focused on side of yard under large elm tree. Added small stone wall in front of tree. Removed old weedy grass and installed new sod. Designed planting area under elm to side of house. Planted all new trees, shrubs and plants.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

05/23/2010

Angie C.

I called Chapel Valley to start the planning stage for work I was thinking about doing at my home. I received a call from Shannon Reed and met him at my home the next week. I reviewed their work with him and walked the area, giving me ideas and options for the area. I liked what I heard and when he sent me a proposal to have the plan drawn, I signed and returned it. After about one month after that Shannon set a time (keeping me in the loop the entire time via email and calls) to meet to review the plan. We met reviewed the plan and overall got all my needs and wishes and only needed to make a few changes and was blown away with the detail and attention to what they call a "conceptual plan" (compared to others I have purchased). He took the plan back and worked with his landscape architect to get it just right. I now have the plan and it is perfect and have some numbers for the install. I am working with Shannon and Chapel Valley to phase in the work and get some of the work installed this spring. I am also working with them to have them take over the overall grounds maintenance of my home. One thing to note with Chapel is if you are looking for the cheapest option, they are not it. If you are looking for a professional company that has the ability to take you from A to Z and be professional, polite, easy to communicate with then Shannon Reed and Chapel Valley Landscape is the way to go. Shannon made this whole thing happen with out a hitch and he was easy to communicate with and listened to my ideas and always easy to get via email. I would suggest that if you work with him use email to communicate, he was even replying late into the night and weekends. If you need work done or thinking of doing work, I would email Shannon or his office I think he works at their Dulles office, well worth the time.

Description of Work
Landscape plan/ Landscape Architectural Services. Landscape planning for my home, develop a master plan for landscape planting with a pond, outdoor kitchen, patio etc... make better use of the area.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

04/06/2009

BRONSON O.

They had done a good job for awhile but the last 2 years of the service, their work deteriorated. They didn't do it as carefully and I had problems with plants they put in. It also took them a very long time for them to replace the plants that died. It seems as if they are not very interested in residential projects anymore. I recently stopped using them and started using a new landscaping company.

Description of Work
They did my landscaping and planting for about 7 years. This was an annual price for them to come once a week during the growing season. We paid $860 month.

Category landscaping

04/28/2008

DAVID E P.

We have been using them for about 10 years now. They do a very good job.

Description of Work
They have maintenance, plantings and soil removal. We have a 3 year contract with them for commercial property maintenance.

Category lawn service

MCP Chimney & Masonry Inc

MCP Chimney & Masonry Services Inc. is the premier chimney and fireplace service provider in the greater Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area and the sole source provider of building, installation and repair services for numerous builders, property managers and several leading area fireplace and woodstove retailers. We are currently in our 16th year of operation and we are very proud of our company and take great pride in our professional standards and quality of work. We have earned a solid reputation in the community for being a quality service provider proven by our roster of over 20,000 satisfied customers. MCP employs teams of knowledgeable certified technicians and has implemented a service deployment plan incorporating an experienced management staff along with an enterprise software solution to deliver a cost-effective way to design, renovate or repair your fireplace, woodstove or chimney while delivering high quality service.

American Lawn and Tree Specialists Inc

American Lawn and Tree Specialists, Inc. is a locally owned & operated company committed to providing the very best lawn care and ornamental tree/shrub care service to its customers. With over 27 years of experience, we offer free estimates where we can come out and evaluate your lawn and landscape. This is our basis so that we may provide you the service your lawn and landscape needs. Our Organic Based Lawn Care Program is proven in getting your lawn to its potential. Contact us today so we can get started improving your lawn.

Great Falls Stone

Great Falls Stone is a Family owned and operated business that has been serving Maryland, Virginia & DC for the past 30 years. We use a variety of Natural stone and brick products. We can give you a free estimate, we will be happy to advise you on all your needs. Our service is excellent and our prices are competitive. Our experienced professional's can help you select just the right product to complete any job.

Landscaping design, installation, hardscaping, maintenance, irrigation, lighting & snow removal.