Certified Home Remodelers Inc

Maryland
Maryland: General

57 Aileron Ct

Westminster, MD 21157

Certified Home Remodelers, Inc. serves clients throughout the state of Maryland, including the surrounding regions of Baltimore, Frederick, and Carroll Counties as a home remodeling company. We have been family owned and operated since our inception in 1997 and have over 30 years of experience. We offer financing through reputable lending institutions to help all of our clients achieve the home of their dreams. We also accept most major credit cards through PayPal. We understand and appreciate that trust must always be earned, which is why we work closely with all of our clients to earn that trust. Our Motto: “Give Us 10% Of Your Trust And We’ll Earn The Other 90”. If you are looking to have any areas of your home remodeled or are in need of new construction we urge you to visit our many service pages to see both interior and exterior services we provide. If you are in need of a professional remodeling company we urge you to contact us. From multi-level additions to replacement window installations, we offer a wide range of services to suit any client. Our professionally skilled staff looks forward to hearing from you in getting started on your next home improvement project....

window replacement (11)roofing (10)home remodeling (7)siding companies (7)gutter repair (5)door installation (2)insulation (1)decks & porches (1)

08/17/2016

Bruce L.

It went very well - Bruce was an awesome project manager - easy to reach, always responsive and very kind in answering my many questions. All of the subcontractors, except one, were great - showed up on time, were very respectful of both my home and me. The project was initially projected to take 4 - 6 weeks, and took about 8 weeks. I was very happy with the final product. I had Certified Home Remodelers replace all the windows in my home 10 years ago, and never even considered anyone else to do the renovation work.

Description of Work
Total home remodel - kitchen, 3 bathrooms and all flooring

Category remodeling,replacement windows,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/09/2016

05/08/2015

Russ L.

Certified Home Remodelers did a fantastic job remodeling my kitchen. They were very neat, very clean and very tidy as far as doing the work. They were timely in getting all the measurements and getting all of the cabinets in place. They were coordinating us with the granite people so they get the granite tops measured and cut that way we wanted that and fixed that and all that kind of stuff. They did a very nice job. Their price wasn't the highest price and it wasn't the lowest price but I was able to negotiate with them in order to get a better price but still I didn't get the lowest but I got it a little bit lower than what they initially quoted us on the initial day. The price was fair. This was actually the third time that I have used them so I will definitely use them again in the future if needed.

Description of Work
It was about this time last year that they helped me with that.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/05/2014

Mr. [Member name removed], Thank you so much for the kind words! We appreciate the opportunity once again for allowing us to perform another remodeling project to your home. We are thankful for customers much like yourself. Best Wishes to you and your family, Brad Jessup - Owner/President

03/11/2015

Elizabeth G.

I was extremely impressed with the work by Certified Home Remodelers. It is hard to find an EPA certified lead contractor in the Baltimore area. I knew the exterior of our windows and doors had lead paint and with a little one at home crawling I wanted to be sure the work was done correctly and safely. The owner of the company Brad is wonderful and understands not only providing quality work and service but the importance of safety for his workers and the home owners. Our job was postponed a bit from our original estimated work date but I was communicated with the entire time and the scheduler I worked with was very helpful and accommodating. We were so happy with the final result. upon installing the windows the crew noticed a small (about an inch) crack in one of the window sashes and let us know right away they ordered a new sash that would be in within a week. They are extremely proactive. after all the work was done I noticed a bit of a draft coming in around the new door that was installed and called to check on this. they sent a worker out to our house within the week and corrected this. from beginning to end the process was very smooth and I would recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced all of our windows and one exterior door and storm door.

Category replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 10/23/2014

(removed member name), Thank you so much for the kind words! We are very fortunate to have had the opportunity in working with you! Thanks again for your trust we our company! Brad Jessup

08/05/2014

Kirstin B.

I had Bruce and Certified Home Remodelers completely renovate my kitchen. They gutted the kitchen, moved appliances around, removed bulk heads, flipped plumbing, moved electrical, and of course installed cabinets. The team arrived every morning on time and finished the project on schedule....in 1 month! I was very impressed how easy it was to deal with Bruce and his team. I ended up with a fantastic kitchen and have recommended them to others.

Description of Work
Total Kitchen Remodel.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2010

[Members Name], Thank you for all the kind words on the posted review. We are glad to have provided the quality of workmanship you were expecting. Our primary goal is to continue to satisfy our customers to their level of expectations and based on your review we seemed to have accomplished this task once again. Thank you so much for your trust in allowing us the opportunity! Many Thanks!!! Brad Jessup / President Bruce Uhland / Kitchen Design Specialist

07/01/2014

Karen R.

They were $8000 more than the other bidders. He was very nice but very expensive. I don't doubt that he would do a nice job. His bid was right around $25000 and everybody else's was like $8000. He was knowledgeable and I'm sure he does good work but for us the price was too steep. Maybe it was the time in which we asked them to give us the quote.

Description of Work
I received a quote from Certified Home Remodelers Inc 2 months ago. We were looking to put a deck on the house.

Category decks,remodeling

Work Completed On 05/29/2014

Mrs. [member name remove] Thank you so much for the review. There does seem to be some uncertainty with regards to the price you mentioned! If you were able to contract the deck project for $8.000.00 less than I would have asked did the scope or size of the deck change. I did attempt on three -(3) occasions to reach you leaving messages all three -(3) times but did not received any return calls. (??) We try extremely hard to be very competitive "based on the same scope of work". Many times we see customers making changes to the scope of work after having interviews with multiple contractors, thus causing the overall costs to change as well. Based on the estimate we provided our materials and labor cost were in line with current market standards, so $8,000.00 less does seem to have some elements missing!! Nevertheless, we are glad you were able to secure your project affordably. Thank you for the opportunity! Brad Jessup / Contractor / President

04/03/2013

Mark B.

We met the owner, Brad Jessup, at the Baltimore Home and Garden show and scheduled a meeting to discuss our project. Unlike most of the other contractors, Brad did not go up on the roof to inspect or take measurements. We had to wait another week for someone to come out and measure so they could work up a quote. While Brad was at the house, however, we did discuss some of the problem areas and possible solutions. Brad was very knowledgeable and offered good recommendations. When we received the quote, however, it made no mention of the problem areas and how they would be addressed. We followed up with Brad via email and got all of our questions answered satisfactorily. The price was right in the middle of the pack (we had 6 roofers and 3 gutter companies bid our job). In the end, their workmanship warranty was the shortest of all the bidders (only 3 years), and they did not install the kind of gutter covers that we wanted (the same kind we've had for 15 years that work just fine). However, Brad was very professional, knowledgeable, and responsive. I would not hesitate to call them again in the future to bid on other jobs.

Description of Work
We met Certified Home Remodelers at the Baltimore Home and Garden show and asked them to bid our roof and gutter replacement. The job involved approximately 5200 sq ft of roof, 6 skylights, and 300 ft of gutters.

Category gutter repair,roofing

Work Completed On 03/31/2013

[member name removed], Thank you for posting your comments regarding our meeting with your roofing project. I apologize for not measuring the roof on the day we originally met however if you recall, it was raining steady that day. Simply for safety reasons our policy is "not" to be on slippery roofs during inclement weather conditions. I personally returned a few days later (only due to other previously scheduled appointments from the same trade show we met you) to take measurements and photos. As you may recall during a later conversation via phone, I met another gentleman from another company measuring the roof that same day. The reason for not responding with an estimate for one week, was due to returning for measurements and producing a itemized and detailed proposal. The proposal did give a itemized list of all components calling out linear feet measurements of materials and specific products lines we were planning to use with relation to the re-roofing project. The proposal indeed made mention to the areas of concern you noted and with relation to the deteriorated wood damaged areas you made reference too. Please noted the "Roofing Disclaimer" section that called out additional costs for linear feet of wood trim replacement and plywood replacement. Unfortunately, we are only able to estimate the visible deteriorated wood that is evident during the bidding process. That is why we list under the "Disclaimer" clause in great detail that there maybe additional deteriorated wood NOT visible and additional costs for making those repairs would apply. I sorry we were not able to earn your business on this one but maybe we would have another opportunity to bid another project for you sometime in the future. Thank you for the opportunity. Brad Jessup

12/29/2012

Glenn H.

Brad met with us in our home and at our convenience to discuss the project. He brought support materials and steered us in just the right direction. We were SO impressed with Brad, that we contacted him in Summer 2012 and asked him to replace a large greenhouse window in our home. Just as before, the product selected was outstanding as was the workmanship and skill of the installers. We highly recommend Brad Jessup and Certified Home Remodelers.

Description of Work
Brad Jessup and his crew installed all new windows in our 1920's home in Baltimore. They were in and out in just one day, and the work was impeccable. We have been pleased with the product Brad recommended. A few years ago, one of the windows developed a seal leak. I sent Brad an email and within a week a new window was delivered. Because the model we selected allowed for windows to be easily removed for cleaning, we just popped out the damaged window and inserted the new one. In addition to the superb service/installation, the product Brad recommended was as good if not better than the more well-known and significantly MORE expensive windows. These windows have performed beautifully, cutting down on outside noise by more than 70% and completely stopping the problem of "sun bleaching" we were experiencing with our furniture, rugs, etc.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/30/2006

Mr. (member name removed), It has been sometime since you posted the reviews regarding the work we performed for you on your home. We are beginning to see the value in being engaged with Angie's List. We now realize homeowners need more assurance than ever when finding a reliable and trust-worthy home improvement contractor. "Thank You" so much for the outstanding reviews you posted for our company. Good contractors may be hard to find..... but..... great clients like yourself are as hard to find as well ! It was a pleasure working with you and we will look forward to working with you again should the need arise. Thank you for the kind words! Brad Jessup

12/28/2012

Glen J.

The project took a little longer than expected (due to weather, etc.), but we were kept informed of the project status. Most importantly, the entire project was worry-free for us, as the crews did consistently did outstanding workmanship.

Description of Work
The roofing, siding, and gutters were replaced due to hail damage. At the same time, we had a trim package (vinyl soffets, etc.) installed. In addition, while the siding was off, we had 17 vinyl windows replaced with Alside Excalibur windows.

Category gutter repair,siding,replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/08/2012

12/28/2012

Glen J.

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/08/2012

Mr. (Member name removed) It has been a few months since you posted the reviews regarding the work we performed for you on your home. We are beginning to see the value in being engaged with Angie's List. We now realize homeowners need more assurance than ever when finding a reliable and trust-worthy home improvement contractor. "Thank You" so much for the outstanding reviews you posted for our company. Good contractors may be hard to find..... but..... great clients like yourself are as hard to find as well ! It was a pleasure working with you and we will look forward to working with you again should the need arise. Thank you for the kind words! Brad Jessup

03/31/2012

Kathleen S.

The 2 man team arrived on time and got to work. They first installed baffles, sealed all ceiling fixtures and then blew in fiberglass insulation to increase the insulation from about R-13 to R-45. After they finished they cleaned up. I then looked in the attic to see the change and the work was certainly completed as agreed. The two man team were extremely courteous and considerate of our home. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed insulation in our attic to increase the height of insulation from 4" to 18". We are hoping this will help us save on our heating and cooling of our home. I had hoped to have the Arma Foil Radiant Barrier installed under the eves, but they were honest and said the design of our roof did not allow proper installation so we would be wasting our money.

Category insulation

Work Completed On 03/22/2012

[Member name removed], It has been sometime since you posted the reviews regarding the work we performed for you on your home. We are beginning to see the value in being engaged with Angie's List. We now realize homeowners need more assurance than ever when finding a reliable and trust-worthy home improvement contractor. "Thank You" so much for the outstanding reviews you posted for our company. Good contractors may be hard to find..... but..... great clients like yourself are as hard to find as well ! It was a pleasure working with you and we will look forward to working with you again should the need arise. Thank you for the kind words! Brad Jessup

Home Improvement & Repair. Windows. Doors. Insulated Steel & Fiberglass. Siding. Trim Package. Roofing. Decks. Wood. Attached & Detached Garage Additions. Fiberglass & Cellulose. Kitchens & Baths. Room Additions.

Check, PayPal, Financing Available