Avedon USA LLC

Founded 1978 • With Angi since August 2012

505 Commerce Dr

Upper Marlboro, MD 20774

Avedon USA, LLCTM was founded in 1978 and has evolved into a renowned quality construction and restoration service company. The quality and track record of Avedon is built on a foundation of experience, business know-how, ethics and old fashion hard work. Additional fax - (301) 780 -8895.

02/01/2018

Julie B.

The process went very smoothly. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
I highly recommend Avedon USA LLC because of their professionalism, fast response, and the quality of the services they provided to me. Recently I had a pipe in my Virginia home burst due to freezing. I called Vonda Tindall, President of Operations for Avedon USA and she immediately sent me a team of well-trained workers to mitigate my loss. They were equipped to handle the job and after the required demo of all the affected areas, they setup the equipment which dried out my house. What I found to be of exceptional value was their experience in communicating with my adjuster, reviewing claim documents, and requesting adjustments from my insurance company when necessary. This took a tremendous weight off of my shoulders. Because Avedon USA LLC is a single source company, they were able to make the required repairs once my insurance company provided a final approved scope of work. They got paid exactly for the work that they did – no more and no less. I am also responding to the negative review I read below because that was not my experience. As someone who experienced an unexpected loss for the first time, I can understand that a claim is so personal and can be so stressful that a customer may not fully understand the insurance claim system or Avedon’s process. Why should a customer receive monies from their insurance company other than for the loss of their personal effects? If this customer would have allowed Avedon USA to complete their work, as I had them do, I am sure that they would have been very satisfied, as I am. Humberto Gittens, CEO of Avedon USA, and Vonda Tindall run their company honestly and with a heart. They converted what could have been a very trying and stressful experience into an almost painless experience. If you suffer an unexpected loss due to flood, wind, or fire, or need some remodeling or a new roof, you will not go wrong with Avedon.

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, water damage restoration, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

07/02/2017

Sheila R.

Contractor was non transparent, fraudulent, had excessive pricing that they would not allow me to see charge until contract was cancelled. Required t Me to bring all the monies given me by the insurance company and placed it into a bank where I could not withdraw without their signature. Did a half baked job to the tune ? of approx. $52 thousand for demo, and trash out of a 1000 sq. Ft 2 story home without a basement or crawl space. Fire ? chasers. Br careful. They appear on your property during a fire, looking very professional with vans and trucks but that is merely a facade to get you to sign. When you have a tradgedy take time to shop around. These try to hurry you along to sign and work the biggest scheme you would not believe. Should be listed on a listing of worst contractors. Please stay away.

Description of Work
Renovation

Category remodeling

06/11/2015

Cheryl K.

Avedon was paid approximately $18,000 to installed a new bathroom; the pipes were installed by an unlicensed plumber working for Avedon, the pipes does not work, I can't use the sink in my newly installed kitchen. The pipes that Avedon installed supported the water flow from my kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room, and as a result, I am not able to use any of them. I've struggling in my kitchen to cook. I have to take the water out on the deck to wash the dishes. So that you'll know, I had Long Kitchen to install a new kitchen in my house, and I can't even use it. Avedon was paid for the plumbing, but left me as victim of their fraudulent activities. The unlicensed plumber installed a wall unit in the laundry room which was installed incorrectly, therefore, I can't use my washer. Avedon installed the new bathroom, and it never work properly. The water backs up on the bathroom floor. Avedon reinstalled a defected/damages radiator that was burnt a fire last year on February 26, 2014. State Farm paid Avedon $1,048 to remove and replace the radiator. Avedon took the money and painted over the old damage radiator and reinstalled the damaged radiator back into house. As a result, on February 15, 2015, the radiator burst and cause 4 hours of massive water damage to my house. State Farm is looking into the fraudulent activities of matter. However as a result of Avedon greed, and misconduct, State Farm dropped my insurance claim. DC Regulatory Administration (DCRA) tried to work with Avedon to fix the pluming, but Avedon would now comply. They lead DCRA to believe on May 21-22, 2015, that they would send staff to my house to fix the plumbing, but deceptively they sent painters to paint the outside of the house against my authority. I told them in the past that the breached the Contract for painting and ask them not to paint my house. But instead, Avedon thinking I was at work, sent their painters anyway to paint the house. They did know that I had contacted the local police, and sure enough, when the painter arrived the police was there to turn them away. Avedon was trying to paint the house because they wanted a $7000 payment for paint. They breach the contact for paint that should have been painted over a year ago. They were trying to strong arm me and have often tried to intimidate me in the past to sign checks. Avedon did electric work, and left the sockets uncovered. Instead of fixing the sockets, the covered the socket instead so therefore, I cannot use the socket in the dining area. Avedon electric work has caused the sockets to stop working. For instance, the socket behind the stove stopped work on June 5, 2015. DCRA tried to mediate with them to fix the repairs but they still will not comply. As a result they have broken the DCRA codes and policies. DCRA is planning to issue them a notice of infraction for not obeying the codes. As a result, my house has not passed the final inspection for the plumbing and electric, and I can't use my kitchen, washer, nor the bathroom. When Avedon completed the work, they knew the pipes and electric were incomplete, therefore, they did not ask DCRA for a final inspection. They just left my premise with having the final inspection. They remove my radiator in the main bathroom without my consent, and replace with a baseboard heater which I did not appreciate. They put a $10 mirror in my bathroom in place of my vanity they remove and 3 glass door medicine cabinet. They put the $10 mirror in the bathroom and took $948 that State Farm paid them to replace my bathroom medicine cabinet/mirror. Avedon took my security storm door off the hinges, and has since failed to return it after numerous requests. Avedon left a socket uncovered in my mother's room. Avedon did not replace the floor in the laundry State Farm paid them to do. I actually had to pay another contract to put in new floors, because Avedon left hard cement to walk on. Avedon prepared a letter trying to extorting monies saying I owed them for work that State Farm had already paid them to do. This is a tactic of distrust. Avedon said, they put new gutter on my house, whereas the old gutters are still there. Avedon install prodigal boards as a new flooring in the master bedroom, but State Farm paid them to installed flooring that had 3/4 plywood. The bathtub on the main level creaks because they did not install a base for the tub. Avedon used the cheapest paint to paint the interior of my house, as a result, I cannot wipe smudges without it peeling or leaving a stain. My outside hose doesn't work because Avedon had an unlicensed plumber, and the pipes were somehow installed improperly which caused the outside facet not to work. It is summertime, and I cannot water the grass. I can't use the hose at all. Avedon has turned their back the me, and has taken the money and will not listen to DCRA to repair the damages done to my house. Therefore, I'm left in an unhealthy and useable environment. PLEASE HELP ME

Description of Work
The took the money and did not complete the work. The would not listen to the DC Regulatory Administration to fix the plumbing.

Category handyman service

06/11/2015

Cheryl K.

Had wires left out of outlets and sockets. Cheap paint used. Left outlets without covers. Put in plumbing wrong with a unlicensed plumber. Water backs up in the kitchen. Laundry unit wont work. water pipes were broken outside and cant water plants.left a pipe leaking in bathroom. Currently have no plumbing working. New toilets wont work.Put doors up backwards. Failed electric and plumping inspections. Put back in old damaged radiator back into house causing flood in the house causing my insurance company to drop me. Ceilings came down again after damaged radiator was put back in. Don't have a radiator at the current time due to insurance investigations. Iron security door was stolen by this company. Tried to double charge for many of the services already performed. Was intimidating me into paying the money. Didn't want me to even review the bill when presented to me. Price was always changing and fake items were being placed on bill. Snuck into the house to paint their problems to get around inspections to be able to collect money from me. Had to call the police when they tried to sneck into my house again. Everyone lied to me from their staff, they were wolfs. Just scammed me out of my money. Right now I am stuck with no plumbing, electric is blowing out, and have not passed any inceptions. Stay away from them,

Description of Work
Had a fire in the house. Had a sales person come to my house offering to restore the house. Turned out he was a foreman for this company. Put up sheet rock. Put up borders. Repaired floors. New plumbing throughout house. Did a overall repairs from the fire damage.

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, water damage restoration, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, mudjacking

L&K service

Carpet cleaning and house cleaning locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

EAD Contractors LLC

EAD CONTRACTORS LLC is a locally owned and operated company which values honesty, integrity, and treats your home or business as if it were our own. We are experts in all aspects of masonry and our services are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in both installations and replacements. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships, and guarantee your satisfaction!

Offers by EAD Contractors LLC on Angi
    Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

Satisfaction

Residential & commercial institutional mold remediation, carpet, duct hardwood floors, tile, vinyl flooring & moving.