Stop Leak Foundation Restoration Specialists Inc

Founded 1968 • With Angi since October 2006

Stop Leak, a division of Foundation Restoration Specialists, Inc. We are ready to evaluate your basement waterproofing needs, as well as your concrete issues. We can protect your basement! Our business philosophy is based on integrity, promptness, knowledge, customer service, and customer

2022 Super Service Award

basement waterproofing (215)foundation repair (50)well & water pump repair (47)concrete repair (43)drain pipe installation (31)plumbers (19)excavating (17)mold removal (8)water damage restoration (4)hardscaping (2)gutter repair (2)

10/20/2022

kayla P.

Crew came out on time. They were very polite, worked hard, and added the plastic down in the basement floor, so our basement kept fairly clean. I'm super happy with their work, especially with a great price. I can't ask more. I strongly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/20/2022

09/22/2022

Conner R.

Work was done well and to spec. Overall a smooth experience with some supply chain hiccups that were not the fault of Stopleak. Communication from company was always professional and courteous, but not necessarily timely and consistent. Overall very satisfied and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Waterproofing and Foundation repair

Category excavators, plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/22/2022

Thank you and I will work on making the communication more timely.

09/12/2022

Karyn K.

Excellent, the guys on the job were amazing. They did everything I asked and did it well. I believe in inspecting what I expect. I didn't feel the need to follow around these guys to make sure they were doing things correctly, at all!

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Category concrete repair, excavators, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/09/2022

Thank you so much. I will share your words with the crew.

08/09/2022

Karen L.

All worker’s were so polite and cleaned up everything. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Work Completed On 08/09/2022

Thank you for your kind words. I will share them with the crew.

07/13/2022

S A.

The work was very neat. The workers were very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/13/2022

Thank you for your kind words.

04/20/2022

Joyce K.

The team showed up in a timely manner and we all very polite - the crew seemed to work we together. They replaced our old French drain with a new pipe and did a great job replacing the sod etc. we really appreciate the extra time they took to ensure they didn’t hit our sprinkler system !

Description of Work
Replace French drain

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/20/2022

Thank you so much. I will let the crew know.

02/03/2022

Stuart W.

As far as I can tell, everything went great with the work. The crew showed up right on time the day of the work. They got to it and were in and out in around 2 hours. A nice touch was that they wiped the floors down on their way out to clean up after themselves. This was unnecessary as we hadn't moved into the property properly and had been making mess on the floors ourselves, regardless of the work crew, but the fact they cleaned up on their way out was a nice gesture going above what I would expect. On the day of collection for the equipment there had been a mis-communication or someone forgetting and no-one arrived when they were meant to. I had to call the company about this, but within 20 minutes someone arrived at the property to pick things up. I hope not to require such services again any time soon, but should, I will certainly use again

Description of Work
Mold remediation work in the basement

Category mold removal

Work Completed On 02/03/2022

Thank you. I will let the crew know that you were very pleased. Take care.

01/22/2022

Kimberly S.

In general, the work was adequate. Rich was responsive in working with me on the estimate, the team arrived on time and so far the work seems to be holding - we've had a couple of heavy rains and no water on the floor. On the less than satisfying aspects - the team was loud and not always professional - e.g. they would yell to each other, not all of them wore masks and I had to ask them to close the front door, which they had left wide open (it was the middle of winter). I was surprised at what seemed like a lack of attention to detail, and when I tried to express dissatisfaction to the supervisor, he said that was the way it had to be and only wanted me to tell him that I was satisfied with the work. In the end, since it seemed that there wasn't anything that could be done, I let it go. I had gone with them because they were offering the same work as others but at the lowest price - knowing what I know now, I would have gone with one of the other companies, who would have done the work for just slightly more.

Description of Work
Installing an interior french drain and sump pump

Work Completed On 01/22/2022

My apologies to the lack of detail (closing the front door, speaking very loudly and lack of communication with the supervisor). I will speak to the crew and supervisor. Thank you for bring these details to my attention.

11/16/2021

Gabrielle E.

The crew were professional and timely. Ann was also very communicative through the process.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/12/2021

Thank you.

08/02/2021

Sam V.

It was fantastic. Rich came out and took a look at what needed to be done. He explained what was causing the issue and what his team would be able to do to correct it. Ann worked with me to schedule the work (she was very kind and extremely flexible working around my schedule) and then on the day of the job, the crew came out and did the work. The crew made sure my basement was protected and removed the old concrete/piping, installed all the new pipes/pump/etc, and poured new concrete that afternoon. I can’t say enough good things about the company from top to bottom. They were extremely professional, hard working, and an absolute pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
I needed my basement wall waterproofed with a new sump pump installed.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/30/2021

07/26/2021

Natasha H.

Jim from STOPLEAK was friendly, efficient in the assessment of the problem. He didn't try to upsell or push me beyond what was actually needed to address the problem. When it came time to do the repairs the team was on time, extremely polite and worked hard to be exacting in how the completed the repairs. This is the type of interaction I wish I could have with all contractors & specialty home repair companies!

Description of Work
Filled in foundation cracks

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/25/2021

Thank you so much. I will pass your kind words on to Rich and the crew.

05/05/2021

Matt H.

Great! Very responsive and competitive pricing.

Description of Work
Concrete

Category concrete repair, excavators

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

Thank you!!!

03/12/2021

Penny A.

Stopleak came right away to assess the problem. Stopleak gave us the best price out of 3 estimates. Everything went smoothly and they cleaned up great. I thought the job would take the whole day but they had a lot of workers and it was done in 3 or so hours.

Description of Work
Installation of LF & tie into existing pit and pump

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

Thank you for your kind words.

01/26/2021

Yvonne O.

Perfect, they came on time, and finished on time. They were respectful and polite. Great job!

Description of Work
Stop basement leaking

Category concrete repair, excavators, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

12/18/2020

Ruben R.

Great, they showed up as part of an emergency fix. They cleaned it up and picked up everything that was in water and set it so it would dry. They were quick to arrive and very professional. They also wore their masks the whole time. Great crew and company.

Description of Work
Sump pump replacement and treating a flooded basement

Category basement waterproofing, wells, mold removal

Cost $1,605.78

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

Thank you. I will tell the crew.

10/14/2020

Bob S.

Crew arrived on time and were very meticulous about getting the job done in the time scheduled The on site communication was excellent and they did a great job cleaning up Very favorable impression

Description of Work
Crawl space French drain system and sump pump

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I will pass your words on to the crew.

09/18/2020

richard R.

They arrive on time and completed the job in about 5 hours,

Description of Work
Remove areaway Install sump pit and pump Caulk around bilco doors with Masterseal caulk Battery back up Outlet

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

Review for Stop Leak Foundation Restoration Specialists Inc - P.O. Box 42696, Towson, MD - 38886063

Thank you so much. I will let the crew know. Take care.

08/27/2020

Richard C.

If there was an A+ rating I would have chosen that across the board! The crew was very nice and professional. The cost was acceptable. Worked extremely hard and made changes to work required on the fly for nominal (supplies only - no labor) cost increase. Left site very tidy and clean. Excellent choice for the work done and it was accomplished in the original time frame. I would hire this company again. I will certainly refer any friends and clients that need this type service.

Description of Work
Substantial work done to stop a basement leak

Category concrete repair, excavators, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

Thank you so much for the kind words. I will pass them along to the crew.

07/15/2020

William J.

They met the schedule and did exactly what I asked them to do.

Description of Work
replace concrete porch

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you so much!!!!

07/10/2020

Joan T.

So far so good, since the work was recently completed, and there has been no rain, to test the workmanship. Unfortunately I was inconvenienced when my appt. had to be cancelled, due to materials not being in. On the rescheduled date, they came and completed the work. Everyone was nice. However, I graded a “B” because of the communication process, and having to reschedule. This was income loss from my job as an essential staffer during this time of COVID.

Description of Work
There was a basement leak through my foundation. It was accessed as a conduit leak, that required an epoxy resolution.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

Thank you.

07/07/2020

Nita H.

I received a quick response for my estimate, and a 2nd visit from Rich to answer my additional questions. The job was scheduled promptly. The day of the job, Rich showed up before his crew. After everyone arrived the job was performed professionally and to my satisfaction. They did a good job. I would hire again.

Description of Work
concrete removed and replaced, replace sump pump, seal all holes in outside wall

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

Thank you for the kind words.

07/06/2020

Karl L.

Super easy and quick. As usual, Stop Leak was responsive and efficient.

Description of Work
Back up battery for sump pump replacement

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

Thank you very nice for the kind words.

06/15/2020

Gary W.

Quick, efficient and on time. They brought out 6-7 guys and took care of the issue in 1 day.

Description of Work
trenching and placement of french drains to deal with basement moisture

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

Review for Stop Leak Foundation Restoration Specialists Inc - P.O. Box 42696, Towson, MD - 38644449