C.A. Taciak & Sons

Founded 1940 • With Angi since October 2007

Give us a call to find a solution to your plumbing problem! Direct line: 410-960-2667 Office line: 410-339-6364 C.A. Taciak & Sons is a family-owned plumbing company specializing in underground utilities for homes in the greater Baltimore area. Since 1940 we've been providing service for sewer line

Drain CleanCamera InspectionRepair Work

drain pipe installation (45)septic tank service (4)plumbers (34)sewer cleaning (21)drain cleaning (17)excavating (15)

05/26/2021

edward K.

This is a family company that does good work. I had used them two years ago for a backed up sewer line so I used them again this time. I am still pleased with their service.

Description of Work
replaced bad storm drain lines for four down spouts and two sump pumps.

Category excavators, drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/20/2021

Glad we could help

05/14/2021

Richard B.

Frank is great. He picked up the phone when I called and came right out to my house. He looked things over and gave me great advice on how to solve my problem. I would definitely use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Fix problem with sewer pump and connection.

Category excavators, plumbing, septic tank, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

Thanks for checking in with us.

05/11/2021

Dana M.

The replaced my sewer and water line. Then returned to address a leak in my basement. The regraded my yard, repaired a redirected the sump pump pipe and repaired my wind well pipe. They come on time, do quality work for a fair price. They cleanup when their finished.

Description of Work
The replaced my sewer and water line.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 05/11/2021

Thanks for the work and glad we could help

05/28/2020

Levora C.

C.A. Taciak & Sons came to my rescue. Frank and his crew were hard working in replacing my water main line, and I am very pleased with their work. Last month, I noticed a lot of water on my side walk and discovered it was coming from underneath the ground--yikes! Within a couple of days of calling Frank, he came out and assessed the problem. Blue poly pipes needed to be replaced with copper pipes from my basement to the water meter. Frank even came up with the idea of moving the water line from one side of the property to the other, which was a straight path to the water meter. Both Frank and his son, Sam, were professional and very pleasant to work with. After the installation, they made everything neat and clean. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced water line pipe, and all necessary valves.

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

Review for C.A. Taciak & Sons  - 9 Edgeview Rd, Towson, MD - 38598196

Thanks for the nice words , glad we could do the work for you. Thanks Frank T

08/17/2019

Jason P.

I requested services via Angie's list and did so about 12pm this afternoon (8/17/19). It is now 6:15pm the same day and have yet to receive any response.

Description of Work
Water shut off valve

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 08/17/2019

This was all on a Saturday and we do not have Weekend hours He also stated only to email him, We must talk to people. Sorry, Frank T

07/21/2018

MAUREEN F.

They do not have emergency services but were extremely helpful. I highly recommend them and would use them in the future

Description of Work
Possible sewer clog on a Saturday

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 07/21/2018

Thanks for the review, so sorry we could not help on the weekend.

12/09/2017

Kristen S.

We were very happy with the response and service. Frank & Sam came same-day to diagnose our problem. They diagnosed & cleared a clog in the drain line and cleaned our sump basin to remove the odor. Once the clog was cleared, they also ran the drain camera throughout the lines under the house to check the integrity of the pipes. They were professional, personable, and efficient. They cleaned up thoroughly after they were finished. We'd definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Diagnose smelly water in sump basin

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/08/2017

Thanks for the nice words, glad we could help. Frank T

10/29/2017

Alexander O.

Great job overall. They immediately contacted me via Angie's List message, then scheduled the job a few days after I purchased the deal, and were willing to come by after 4:30 since that was the soonest I could get home. Showed up on time and got right to work. They even helped me find my cleanout which was buried under the lawn, and helped troubleshoot a low spot in the lawn that I thought was caused by sewer line leakage (they confirmed the sewer line was fine).

Description of Work
Purchased sewer line camera inspection "Big Deal" on Angie's List.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 10/24/2017

Thanks for the work, glad we could help. Thanks Frank T.

04/29/2017

Robert C.

Frank (and Sam) showed up at the designated time. They were done in about 6-7 hours. Although the price was a little higher than others, Frank showed up to my house and did the work (actually ran the back-hoe and directly supervised the job) which was very important to me. It's worth it having the most experienced person in the company (and the one whose reputation is on the line) be the one to do the work. In my mind, the quality of the contractor is the most important factor when I need work done. Important points to consider: 1) Excellent work; 2) Punctual; 3) Good communication; 4) Reasonable price; 5) Cleaned up afterwards; 6) Considerate of my neighbors; 7) Stand by their work.

Description of Work
I needed the sewer line replaced from the house to the city line (~ 25 ft.) in my row house (ca. 1900).

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

Thanks so much for the review, the job went very well, glad to be of service.

04/29/2017

Robert C.

The job went well. They showed up on time and completed the job by mid-afternoon.

Description of Work
Replaced clogged sewer line.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/29/2017

Thanks for the work

12/09/2016

ian S.

Fantastic. Frank was very thorough and his crew worked diligently to locate the buried water line and perform the replacement. The fix was cost effective and is expected to last longer than the old copper pipe did. Once it was replaced the yard was back filled and the disturbed areas were covered with straw. The installation was neat and clean.

Description of Work
We needed to replace an aging copper water service line to one of our outbuildings.

Work Completed On 12/09/2016

We were able to do a pipe pull for some of the run, so as to minimize what had to be dug .

10/15/2016

Roberta P.

Visually inspected sink hole and developed possible causes. Used pipe camera to inspect sewer pipe condition from inside the house to the city pipe connection. Determined pipe was intact. Determined sink hole was result of abandoned septic tank that was deteriorating. Returned in a timely fashion. Excavated sink hole, removed deteriorated septic tank and professionally filled excavation. 100% pleased. Frank and his crew are efficient, down to earth, and experienced.

Description of Work
Investigation of sink hole near sewer line.

Work Completed On 09/25/2016

thanks for the review glad we could be of service to you.

06/14/2016

Matthew K.

We moved into a new house six months ago and recently thereafter started having problems with our sewer line backing up. The original sewer line was installed when the house was built in 1961 and it was that terra cotta pipe which is subject to root intrusion from trees. Initially we had the line cleared and things were working better, but knew we'd need to replace the entire sewer line at some point. That point came in early June when the line started backing up again. Again we had the line cleared, but this time the plumber clearing the line pulled out mud which meant the line was damaged beyond any quick fix. We then had four different plumbers come out to estimate a replacement line. The rub is that our exterior sewer line runs under our concrete driveway which is in good shape. Only two of the four plumbers we saw said that they would try to replace the line without breaking up the driveway (Frank of Taciak & Sons was one). This was incredibly important to us as that would have added an additional cost of several thousand dollars (most likely) to fix the driveway to an already expensive repair. Frank was incredibly personable and professional when he came out for the estimate. He went over all of our options (which were few) and answered all of the questions we put to him. He was very thorough in describing the work that would be done and how they would do it. Frank did let us know that breaking up the driveway might be necessary, but that they would do everything in their power not to break it up. The plan to replace the line was to dig ditches on each side of the driveway where they could access the line and then insert new, 4" PVC piping through the old 6" terra cotta line. Thankfully they did this expertly and did not have to break up the driveway. They also replaced and added clean outs (two) for the line so that we were up to code. Once completed, they filled the holes back in, reseeded the areas where the grass was destroyed and then swept the work area so dirt was not all over the place. The total job took about 7 hours and the cost was very reasonable for this type of repair. They were fantastic and we would recommend them!

Description of Work
Frank at C.A. Taciak & Sons replaced our exterior sewer line.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/06/2016

02/14/2016

Kevin M.

I had sht going everywhere. I couldn't use any water in the house without it flooding my basement via a toilet down there. Luckily it turned out to be my own sht and not flowing in from the outside line. They snaked the pipes and got things flowing again. Frank and Sam explained everything well and tried to help me find my buried sewer clean out which I didn't need for this job. I was pleased with them that I wish I could get their help on other plumbing needs that I have but may check out a recommendation from them instead of searching on my own. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
They did as advertised. Unclogged my sewage pipe.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/09/2016

This was a very successful drain clean. If the line can be opened without digging we will just drain clean the line, if that is what the customer wants. We do what is best for each customer and their individual needs.

02/08/2016

David F.

We got quotes from 2 other plumbers. Frank came up with the best solution, the 'break through" method to fix the block section plus line 40' of pipe inside the old terracotta reinforcing the whole line that runs under a stream, and protecting it against heavy storm runoff waters. They also installed 2 clean-outs that will give the county access to their section of pipe. They managed to maneuver two backhoes around all of our plants and trees and one across the stream without damage. They were able to dig out the blocked pipe with no impact or silt in the stream. The cost of the job, given the extra protection for the line was less expensive than our other quotes that would have just replaced a small section of pipe, and was overall a fair cost for the high quality of work. He also does not nickle and dime more costs on for "unexpected" things, although fortunately everything went right for our job. County Utilities and Environmental departments should be pleased that one of their nightmare sewer lines from the 50's has at least one house line intact. I recommend C A Taciak for any outside plumbing work.

Description of Work
We had a complicated job with a sewer pipe break that was on the far side of a stream that was (unfortunately) our responsibility and not the county's.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 02/08/2016

Thank you for the nice words. This was an example of "Pipe Bursting" . We are able to do this also, for sewer line replacements. We not stuck on one type of solution for sewer line replacements, but will recommend what is in the best interest of the homeowner.

01/19/2016

Karen G.

Arrived on time and with 2 workers, and completed the job in one day!

Description of Work
Frank replaced my sewer line from the house out to the clean out, which was infested with roots and causing constant back-ups inside the house

Work Completed On 12/01/2015

Very happy to work for this member.

01/04/2016

stacy J.

good, prompt, reasonable service.

Description of Work
helped trouble shoot a gutter down spout drainage issue

Work Completed On 11/01/2015

This is an example of a small job that we were able to fix without digging things up. We do what is in the best interest of the homeowner and not just run up a big bill for them.

06/17/2015

Dana M.

We got an estimate for a sewer line replacement that was lower than our previous estimate from another plumber. The work has lasted and we are very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
The plumber cleaned out our sewer line. Unlike the other plumber, this has stayed clear for over 6 months. The date is not exact.

Work Completed On 10/15/2014

04/29/2015

JAMES S.

These guys were great! They were honest about what they found and worked quickly to replace the blocked area, all in the pouring rain. Never complained about the job or the weather! I would recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
used the video to define the problem in the pipe and replaced a four foot section of pipe that had ingrown roots causing the blockage. Replaced the section, back filled the area, seeded with grass seed and covered area with straw.

Work Completed On 04/24/2014

Glad were could fit this small job in, all went well.

02/19/2015

Karen G.

Frank came out and gave me an estimate (which 2 other people could not, they gave me a "ballpark") and work was performed 10 days later. He even spoke with the owner of the home in California (since I am the property manager) who had questions, since he is a contractor himself, and gave the go ahead for the work. After the snow, workers showed up early to shovel my front lawn and then the backhoe arrived. I was surprised the work was all done before 3pm!

Description of Work
replace sewer line clogged with roots

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/18/2015

We were happy to work for the member, all went very well.

01/29/2015

Chip C.

This father son team was punctual and friendly. They were a no-nonsense, get the job done quickly kind of company.

Description of Work
They had to replace a super long sewer pipe that was being corrupted by tree roots in our back yard.

Work Completed On 12/06/2014

01/23/2015

Just C.

very efficient and very responsive; came back at no charge more than a year later to address a minor cosmetic issue

Description of Work
replaced sewer line

Work Completed On 08/01/2010

01/14/2015

Patrick A.

He called back quickly and we set an appt. He called to confirm when he was on his way and showed up on time. He was honest and straightforward with me about the situation I had. I did not use the his services as it was cost prohibitive for me. I chose to find a DIY solution. However, I don't think his price was unfair. Were I to have a sewage drain issue, I would contact C A Taciak & Sons again just because of the time they spent with me to give me a straightforward answer, and because sewage issues are NOT in my DIY repertoire! :-) Thank you!

Description of Work
I contacted them to assess an issue I was having with an underground drainage pipe.