Pipco Air Conditioning & Heating Company Co

Founded 1963 • With Angi since September 2005

26 W Aylesbury Rd

Timonium, MD 21093

Pipco Air Conditioning & Heating Company is family owned and has been operating for over 51 years, serving Baltimore and surrounding counties. Pipco specializes in the installation and servicing of residential and commercial air conditioning and heating systems having installed over 15,000 new units. Our staff is factory trained and radio dispatched to provide the best available service, no matter what make or model, to our customers. We offer financing and we are fully insured and licensed. LICENSE# 2265 15 EMPLOYEES. ANGIE'S LIST MEMBER DISCOUNT....

01/25/2021

Randy G.

Fixed 20 old gas furnace that we thought would need replacing. Very good price and Phil the technician was great. Will continue to use them in future.

Description of Work
Repair furnace

12/08/2020

Lauren R.

I have no idea how well the techs do, but the woman answering the phone seems to know very little about heating systems. I told her that I had a forced air gas furnace that needed fixing. She asked me if I had vents and I said yes and she said that I would need a plumber because vents are only with boiler systems. I think she meant pipes. I said that I didn't need a plumber because it isn't a boiler. She asked me if it was an old system and when I said yes, she said that it was probably a boiler. Huh?? I said that I was not unsure about what type of system I had. I am not sure why she was taking me down this line of questioning. I think if I was a man calling in she wouldn't be questioning what I said was the system that I have, but would be more likely to assume that I know what I am talking about. She started scheduling an appointment and I asked about whether there was a fee to come out. She said it is $96 for the first 30 minutes and $24 for every 15 minutes after that. I asked if that was the price according to the time of the assessment or if that is also the price in time for doing the work and she said that they won't know how long it takes until they see the problem. Duh. She has to listen to the question in order to answer a customer's question. Well, regardless of their poor receptionist/scheduler, I am not paying money according to someone's time when they could choose to work more slowly to make more money. A fixed rate for coming out and assessing the problem (ideally to go towards fixing the problem) and then giving a fixed quote for fixing the problem based on the parts and labor makes a lot more sense and feels fair. They seem to have a lot of top ratings on there so perhaps they do better in person.

Description of Work
Work on my gas furnace

Category electrician

11/18/2020

Caroline A.

The thermostat I had was damaged and so I ended up paying the technician for coming out to the house - which I didn't mind. I didn't realize it was broken and he made the trip out so of course I'll pay him for that. But he was rude and made the experience unpleasant

Description of Work
Thermostat replacement

08/17/2020

Matthew H.

They did a really awesome job! I just now realized I never reviewed them for the work they did nearly 4 years ago. They did a full replacement of my Heating Furnace and Air Condition Compressor. Since this was a big job I got 4 quotes back then. They were the 2nd cheapest, but impressed me the most. The owner (Vince) showed up to do the quote, who was pretty personable and very knowledgeable! Plus they offered a multiple year labor warranty when others only offered 1 year. The only issue I have had since was the thermostat they installed wasn't working right after about a year and a half later, so they lived up to the warranty and replaced it for free! They are really great. I will surely only use them for all my HVAC services.

Description of Work
Replace Furnace and AC Compressor

07/23/2020

Brian B.

Technician was skilled and efficient ( which matters a lot at $96 for 1st 30 minutes + $24 every 15 minutes). Completed the repair in about 50 minutes ( only charged for 45). Answered all questions and explained problem clearly. I have used other HVAC companies before this and not always felt as confident in the tech’s expertise. Definitely a highly knowledgeable pro who wasn’t trying to sell anything unnecessary. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Heat Pump repair

01/04/2019

Carmen S.

They are very family - oriented. They were efficient, dependable and trustworthy.

Description of Work
They repaired some duct works for us and flue pipe coming out of my furnace.

08/27/2018

Dan R.

Arrived a bit early which was OK with me. In, checked, out. All good. Thanks.

Description of Work
AC System Check - to ensure peak efficiency

05/22/2018

Kim A.

pleasant, professional experience. Technician answered additional filter related questions, very informative.

Description of Work
HVAC annual service

05/17/2018

Randy G.

Great price and work performed as promised

Description of Work
New heat pump

12/05/2017

David B.

Went very well. Vince walked us through various options and obviously knows what he is talking about. The installation crew was efficient. Pipco was great at communicating with us during the process, and it was easy to reach them with any questions. I wish I could say the same about BGE (Baltimore Gas and Electric).

Description of Work
Replaced our electric hvac unit with a gas furnace and central AC system. Also needed custom installation of gas in/out venting, plus new gas line.

11/01/2017

Suhas W.

Dealt with Vince, their vice-president. He was always very courteous, resourceful and seems to have provided good advice. We will see how our new HVAC system fares over time. But from a customer perspective, their professionalism and pricing were appealing enough for us to go with them. The workers showed up on (in fact, slightly before) time, did their work, were very polite and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Replacing HVAC

09/19/2017

Paul V.

The work was fine. They were on time. The price was fair. They did what they said and it's held up. It's been good because it's been a long time and I haven't had many troubles. I needed a new unit and I upgraded the size of it a little bit. It was a good price. I got 3 prices so it was good. They've always been responsive but I haven't really had any problems, just regular checkups.

Description of Work
They installed my new system. They put in a new condenser and blower on the inside and a whole new unit outside.

07/03/2017

Kevin D.

Vince was honest and told us we didn't need to replace everything and gave us a quote on the minor repair and a whole system. He was friendly and honest!

Description of Work
Vince came out for an estimate to replace our gas furnace and A/C system after another company said the repairs to the furnace would be too expensive we'd be better off replacing it.

06/22/2017

RON K.

Good experience. Specialist met with me at my convenience to discuss pros and cons of heating/cooling options & identifying manufacturer's and BGE rebates.. Took a 1/3 deposit & set a prompt appointment for installation. Crew was thoroughly professional, answered all my questions, & got the job done seamlessly.

Description of Work
Heat pump replacement

05/18/2017

Scott C.

Fantastic. My system was only about 9 years old, but A/C was not removing enough humidity. Bryan came out & assessed the situation. He is very knowledgeable and explained different options, in detail. Gave me several options. I chose a new variable speed system & converting oil to heat pump. Sales, installation, and everything from beginning to end went great. All of the personnel I dealt with were extremely professional & competent. I have been through many renovations in this house over the past 5 years, and I can say working with PIPCO has been one of the best overall experiences of all. (I had had a couple other similar proposals from other companies over the past year- but it was clear from the beginning that PIPCO seemed to be a cut above. Prices were all about the same) I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced entire HVAC system. Converted from Oil to Heat Pump. Installed new system.

05/09/2017

Susan M.

It was installed as promised. It is running well .

Description of Work
Replaced furnance and air conditioning system

05/07/2017

Howard L.

Installation went very well. Both Ron and Gary arrived around 8:00a.m. and worked tire-sly without taking a break for lunch

Description of Work
Purchased and installed new furnace and AC.

04/11/2017

Stewart R.

There was one worker present. The work took less than an hour to complete. The area was perfectly clean.

Description of Work
Regular routine maintenance check up.

03/19/2017

Laura H.

Pipco did a great job installing our new HVAC system and putting in dampers to more evenly distribute the heat and a/c throughout our house. No other company was was will to fix this issue. Couldn't be happier!!

Description of Work
Replace HVAC system and hot water heater.

02/21/2017

David F.

As indicated above, Pipco was FANTASTIC!

Description of Work
I could not use Pipco because the company was too swamped with work to install the new HVAC system I needed for a condominium as quickly as I wanted. Nonetheless, I want to let everyone know that the owner was incredibly responsive and helpful, even to the point of reviewing other estimates I had received and recommending which equipment, installation method, and contractor I should select to meet my time constraints. And that contractor proved excellent. i would highly recommend Pipco to anyone looking for a top-rate, responsive, and honest HVAC

11/07/2016

Jennifer H.

The techs were able to diagnose it and fix it really quickly--we had a clogged drain pipe. They unclogged it and also put in a new drain pipe to help with the issue.

Description of Work
Our AC unit was leaking and we did not know the cause.

09/27/2016

Charles L.

Came out August 30, measured, said would email with an estimate. Waited over a week and no response. Called office and was told Brian would get back to me. It is September 27 and have yet to hear from them.

Description of Work
Need estimate to replace two furnace/air conditioners.

08/19/2016

John M.

Received a call the morning of that the technician would arrive between 11am-1pm. They arrived at 10:30am. I would have been good to have a call that they were going to be early just in case I wasn't home. The total cost was $276. The service fee was $96 and the chemical was $180. That seemed a little high for the coolant but not familiar enough with the service.

Description of Work
AC was not cooling properly. Turned out system needed a charge.

08/12/2016

Evelyn T.

They found something else that was covered. I didn't pay anything extra. They're always on time and are on point. If they're running late, they'll let you know. They're very accessible.

Description of Work
HVAC check up

Category plumbing

07/14/2016

Tigress J.

The great customer service started with Vincent, our salesman. He met me at my house for an estimate and was very nice. He even was nice to my dog. He explained everything to me and told me about the promotions that I had going on. I had several other estimates, but the impression that Vincent made on me made the difference. When I received a better deal somewhere else, I asked if his company was able to come close to that deal on a Trane system and they were able to. They even had better financing options than the other company. He was able to schedule my appointment for the day after I returned from vacation. The guys arrived around 8 am and were done by 3:30. They were very professional and courteous. They gave me all of the paperwork that I needed to sign before they started, so I had plenty of time to go through it and sign everything. They cleaned up everything and went over the system with me before they left. About an hour after they left, Vincent called back to make sure that everything went well and that my system was starting to cool down my house. It was overall a great experience and great customer service.

Description of Work
Purchase & Installation of new energy efficient 2.5 ton A/C & furnace

First Class Mechanical LLC

We offer Free Estimates up to 30 minutes! First Class Mechanical is an 14 yr. old co, currently employing 15 technicians and office staff. Our office is located in Westminster, Maryland on Rt 140. We serve customers in Baltimore City, Carroll, Frederick, Howard & Baltimore County. Locally owned & operated.

Ambient Cooling & Heating LLC

We are a small business who has received the Super Service award every year beginning in 2013. With that you will receive excellent customer service from a dependable and knowledgeable master technician. We pride ourselves in honesty and reliability. For customers who want a company that is trustworthy, knowledgeable and stand behind their work this is the one for you. As of right now we have a special offer for preseason inspections at $79.95 (additional charge for additional systems). Additional Email - bryan@ambientcoolingandheating.com.

Offers by Ambient Cooling & Heating LLC on Angi
    Mason Dixon Heating and air

We are a licensed and insured company dedicated to providing quality work on residential and light commercial Hvac systems

MD
    Maryland: General
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Air Conditioning & Heating Service, Air & Odor Cleaning Systems, Electric Heat, Heat Pumps, Preventative Maintenance, Maintenance Contracts.

Plumbing, Boiler service, Window A/C installation or repair, Duct Cleaning