American Lawn and Tree Specialists Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2011

Maryland
Maryland Department of Agriculture
06/30/2017

American Lawn and Tree Specialists, Inc. is a locally owned & operated company committed to providing the very best lawn care and ornamental tree/shrub care service to its customers. With over 23 years of experience, we offer free estimates where we can come out and evaluate your lawn and landscape. This is our basis so that we may provide you the service your lawn and landscape needs. Our Organic Based Lawn Care Program is proven in getting your lawn to its potential. Contact us today so we can get started improving your lawn....

DJA Landscape & Irrigation

DJA Landscape & Irrigation Inc. is a design build firm serving the Howard & Baltimore area. We specialize in custom landscapes and automatic sprinkler systems. For 24 years, DJA Landscape & Irrigation, Inc. has operated with a basic principle, to deliver a professional product, on time, in a manner that exceeds our customer's expectations. Our local referral base is a testament to our operating principle.

Bartz Landscaping

Our goal is to provide every customer with a flawless and worry-free experience for every project we complete. We provide an endless list of outdoor and property services, so be sure to contact us with any questions you may have! When you work with our company, you will always be working and corresponding with the owner/operator Sean Bartz. Sean works directly with every client to ensure they are informed with the best information available to personalize every client's personal preferences in the most practical and efficient manner, specifically catered for your property. Specializing in Landscaping, Hardscaping, Design, Drainage, Horticulture, and Masonry; serving majority of DMV area. MHIC #137028. MDA- F1170

Offers by Bartz Landscaping on Angi
East Coast Landscape Design

IN BUSINESS SINCE 1979. 15 EMPLOYEES. All WORK IN HOUSE EXCEPT FOR FENCING. ALL EMPLOYEES DRUG TESTED AND BACKGROUND CHECKED. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. LICENSE #42490. INSURANCE #Q89-0102236-M. ADDITIONAL EMAIL: mark@eclandscapedesign.com.

12/04/2021

Bonnie Z.

We purchased our house three years ago and I’ve been struggling to improve the lawn from day one. I know It’s time for an intervention, but I don’t want a ton of chemicals and I hate pushy salespeople (looking at you TG), so I procrastinated getting help. Enter Mark from American Lawn and Tree Specialist. He’s been responsive, informative, and a true pleasure to deal with while I navigate my options. It’s going to take time to get my lawn healthy, but I’m confident that this company is the one who will get it there. I’ve been so impressed, that I may just switch our landscaping contract over to this company as well.

Description of Work
Fix my lawn

Category lawn treatment

Thank you so Much[Member Name Removed]for taking the time to post your impression of our company. Mark is very knowledgeable, taught him everything I know. We have a great program for our area and with our recommendations, your lawn will reach it's potential! Thank you again, Joe Perry (Owner)

03/04/2021

Edward H.

For the past two years, I've trusted Dono at American Lawn and Tree Specialists to fertilize and protect our lawn, trees and shrubbery. He's a conscientious, careful, and skilled technician who's addressed blight while protecting adjacent plants. Our lawn looks great. We're very satisfied with the customer service and results. I highly recommend this business without reservation.

Description of Work
Annual Lawn and Tree Fertilization

01/14/2020

tim J.

I had 7 treatments on lawn fertilization and weeds control in 2019. It was totally not worked out. The grasses were dying, rather than growing. Completely wasted money. Will not recommend their service.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization and weeds control

Category lawn treatment

This review is not a true reflection of the service we provide to our customers. We have reached out to Mr. [Member Name Removed] in hopes of getting this resolved asap. When we began to treat this lawn in March of 2019, it was in very poor condition. The lawn was loaded with various types of broadleaf weeds and had very large portions of bare/thin areas. Initially, we recommended a soil test, our basic program plus power raking and seeding to aggressively improve the density. The customer proceeded with the soil test and basic program but not the power rake and seeding recommendations or soil test recommendations. We sent the soil test recommendations that were needed for his lawn with no reply from Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We also followed up with a phone call recommending the soil treatments needed. Joe Perry (Owner) was last out on the property on October 8, 2019, the lawn was beginning to recover from a 3 month drought - without any irrigation. At that time, the only broadleaf weeds in the lawn were wild violets. ALL other broadleaf weeds were under control at that time. Wild Violet is considered a hard-to-control broadleaf weed that needs continuous treatment. Treatment during a drought for Wild Violet is ineffective and only stress the grass. This was documented on the customer's last invoice as well as the aeration and overseeding recommendations. It's best if you have any concerns with your lawn to communicate with us throughout the season so we can promptly address them as we provide service calls at no charge. We provided 7 months of fertilization and weed control to this particular lawn that was in very poor condition to begin with. The customer did not follow through on the valuable recommendations to get the lawn to its potential or enough time. With that being said, it's important to have proper expectations and communication. We are here during regular business hours and you always have the option to call or email us at any time. Thank You. Joe Perry - Owner

08/14/2019

Philip T.

Delighted with the service. Notified before and after treatment. My lawn has never looked better.

Description of Work
Annual lawn care program.

04/04/2019

Philip T.

The service was performed as promised, and (as opposed to our prior lawn service) the serviceman looked at the lawn and evaluated its condition. I was pleased with the comprehensive report that was provided.

Description of Work
Potassium treatment, fertilizer and week killer.

10/14/2018

Joyce C.

After 3 treatments (which included fertilizers, etc) I still have all the crabgrass but more healthy and thicker. I had them come to respray each time. No change. Finally, a knowledgeable older gentleman came and sprayed and killed the crabgrass. He said they used the wrong chemicals. After many heated discussions, frustration with Joe Perry, the owner, he verbally promised to refund my entire payment of $500+ He finally credited me with less than half of what I paid and refuses to answer my calls I am $300 out and my lawn is a mess. I will now hire someone who will stand by their work.

Description of Work
My lawn is 80% crabgrass. I just wanted crabgrass killed then to treat, etc.

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

05/03/2018

EDWARD N.

Excellent. Very professional staff. Courteous and friendly technician.

Description of Work
Scheduled lawn fertilization and weed treatment

04/12/2018

colleen P.

It went great the technician was on time did a thorough job, posted a flag to let neighbors know lawn was treated. He was very nice and respectful..

Description of Work
lawn care, weed treatment and fertilization

09/11/2017

Betsey L.

Went great! I prepared the lawn ahead of time & he said it was great. Nice & soft so the tines penetrated the soil well. Should really help to make it nice after I spread the grass seed.

Description of Work
Mike arrived right on time & did an excellent job aerating & fertilizing my front yard! He was very courteous & answered all my questions.

08/25/2017

June H.

Initial contact was great. Fast response. Quick turn around with quote. A touch more expensive that the other three quotes I obtained, but as of right now, well worth the price. Contracted for 1 year which included additional services to quickly restore our lawn. Work is in process and so far so good. Applied first application on 08/25/17. Technician was prompt, professional, and courteous. He explained in detail what was done and what we should expect next. Look forward to working with them.

Description of Work
Have bad infestation of weeds in yard and need professional help to restore our lawn back to grass only -- that is NO WEEDS (used a lawn cutting service in 2016 because of surgery restrictions. Unfortunately started finding invasive weeds overtaking the yard in spring of this year ).

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

American Lawn and Tree Specialists Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2011

5389 Enterprise Street Suite A

Sykesville, MD 21784

We provide an organic based fertilization lawn care program including treatment of broadleaf weeds & crabgrass. We also provide disease/insect control, Grub Control, Aeration/Overseeding, soil testing, Bermudagrass/Nimblewill control Programs. We also offer vegetation control for unwanted weeds in mulch beds, cracks/crevices, etc. & ornamental tree and shrub service to include fertilization & insect/disease protection. We also provide complete organic options to our customers upon request.

We do not offer tree removal, pruning, mulching, mowing, snow removal, or clean-ups. We do work with top quality service providers in our area that do provide these services so we work together on your particular needs.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa