We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Ace Handyman Services of Central Maryland

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2006

6235 Sykesville Rd

Sykesville, MD 21784

Handyman Matters hires multi-skilled craftsmen that have gone through background checks. Whether you need a small repair or a full remodel, Handyman Matters is the reliable company to call. Your time matters, quality.. Additional phone. 18 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. You can purchase your own materials. One hour minimum, Additional DBAs - Wigutow Enterprises Inc. Handyman Matters....

03/14/2021

Heidi T.

The handyman was 3hours late (scheduled and confirmed for 10:30, did not show up until 12:45). Was quoted for 3hr job, took 4hr. Would not have been a big deal if the job had been done right. The handyman when he was finished told us he realized he made the top step too small (it is half the width as the others). Told us he could fix it, but it would mean he would have to redo the entire job and get new materials. Would have rated then an F, except the scheduling women Rose was very easy to work with and prompt with all communication. But I would definitely not hire them again or recommend their services.

Description of Work
Replacement Front Steps

Category appliance repair, decks, handyman service

08/21/2020

Rudolph D.

He was on time work completed as rrequested.

Description of Work
rail repair on steps

Category appliance repair, decks

Thank you, Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the feedback - and look forward to working with you again. Rosemarie

06/11/2020

ALAN S.

I have had Handyman Matters out several times. Everything goes smoothly. Handyman are very professional and knowledgable. Intend to keep using them.

Description of Work
Multiple- replacing ceiling lights, installing cabinets, outdoor wood rot repair, eaves repair, sealing large picture window

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, roofing, woodworking

05/08/2020

Susan F.

It was wonderful. He came when he said he would, was courteous and professional.

Description of Work
dryer repair

Category appliance repair

02/06/2020

R. L.

He was courteous, professional and neat. I will call them again in the future.

Description of Work
bathroom door trimmed, touch up paint on wood floor trim

Category handyman service

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate you taking the time to try us and we look forward to future projects with you!. Thanks for the feedback. [Member Name Removed]

02/03/2020

Patricia Z.

They said they only do wall hanging and referred me to a woman in Silver Spring, MD who never called me back. Still need wallpapering done...

Description of Work
Wallpaparing a small room

Category handyman service, wallpaper

12/30/2019

Nnenna N.

The notifications were great. Once scheduled you were confirmed via email and text. You also receive notifications when they are on their way and you can track their arrival online. They also include a picture of the technician so you know who will be coming to your home. I thought that was a great touch. The technician arrived on time and got straight to work (I had 2 smoke detectors on the first floor). He was friendly and professional. He was done replacing all 7 detectors pretty quickly, cleaned up and helped dispose of the old detectors. He tried to replace the window sash but it actually required a different expertise and was not a simple replacement. He immediately called dispatch, got a recommendation, and referred me to another company. His referral worked out great too.

Description of Work
I just had a home inspection and needed to bring all smoke detectors to code and needed to replace the window sash in my master bedroom.

Category handyman service

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]! You were great to work with and we appreciate your great feedback. Please let us know if we can help with future projects. Thanks, Rose

11/07/2019

Josh D.

Hairo showed up on time and assessed the work I needed done. He immediately got started, and was very knowledgeable and efficient. He explained clearly what was causing the issues for items needing repair, and really made the right fix. Things I ended up checking off my list: - Loose shower faucet - Clogged sink (very gross >_<) - Light switch replacement - New toilet guts (was constantly running, not any more ^_^) - Ceiling stain fixed - Garbage disposal troubleshooting (ended up being a small plastic cap was stuck inside) All in all, he was polite, and skilled, and I'd absolutely hire him again for any future fix-it projects I just wouldn't get it myself.

Description of Work
Many jobs ranging from a loose shower faucet to clogged drains, to high up bulb replacement.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, small appliance repair, interior painters

09/09/2019

Karrie H.

The commode got installed and instead of putting the old commode back In the box as requested so we could store it, the guy left it sitting on the garage floor and it fell over and shattered. Handyman matters did NOTHING to refund us for the damage.

Description of Work
Commode installation

08/22/2019

Terrell M.

Chris arrived early (which was great) after giving me an approximate arrival time the night before when he called. He proceeded to look at the damaged exterior, figure out how to fix it, and fixed a leak that had caused the damaged materials. He repaired the leak and the rotted wood and did a professional job. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Exterior Repair work

Category contractors, handyman service

07/03/2019

Mary K.

The gentleman was ;professional in every respect. Courteous, punctual, workmanlike, and clean. He did the job as I would have done it years ago when I was young and able to do such work on my own.

Description of Work
Carpentry, plastering, carpet removal and putting down a new rug under a lot of dining room furniture.

Category contractors, handyman service, plastering, remodeling, home & garage organization

05/11/2019

June H.

Excellent as before. This is the second time we used them and they did not disappoint. From my initial contact with Rose to cleanup of the site when complete, everything went smoothly. Rose explained the costs and answered all the questions I had. Scheduling was easy. She was great. Fred (handyman) called the night before to confirm and the morning of to let me know he was on his way so I could secure my pets. Once Fred arrived, he walked through the projects that needed to be done and confirmed we had all the required materials (installing 10 door knobs, replacing cabinet hinges and a shower head, as well as numerous "Honey Do" items. He immediately began working on the outside first since it was threatening rain.. Fred was courteous, polite, professional, and proficient. Felt like we had know him for years. He even fixed a toilet roll holder that had become a family joke (it fell off in your hand especially with unsuspecting guests). He was up for any challenge. Fred even walked through our new addition and pointed out some things that we missed which were added to our punch list for the contractor. You couldn't ask for better representation of the company. Once done we settled up on the final cost. I had a coupon for 4 hours, but enough work for 6 1/2 hours. Instead of charging us the standard rate for the overage (if the coupon was used), he compared the final cost to the senior citizen discount they offer (10 % off) which came in less so we saved money. Handyman Matters of Columbia gave us the best possible service at a reasonable cost. MANY THANKS. They are definitely my first point of contact for future projects.

Description of Work
Handy Man Services

Category handyman service

Wow! Thanks for the review and I will let Fred know about this feedback! I've always run this business to ensure that customer service is our priority. It was a pleasure to help you! Thanks again Brian

03/26/2019

Tom H.

Selling my townhouse and the buyer's inspector found a few items that needed repair. Contracted with Handyman Matters Of Columbia again since they've done great work for me in the past. The technician, Rich, was able to get half a dozen repairs finished in 2.5 hours. He was very thorough with his work and all repairs needed were corrected. Will hire again!

Description of Work
Home repairs

03/15/2019

Mark M.

What a great experience! Rich came out to fix an external water leak problem that had previously been plaguing us for months that no one else seemed to be willing or able to fix. He set us up with a temporary fix, and then came back soon after with a permanent solution. He also replaced some water damaged drywall. He is friendly, professional, and does great work! Thanks Handyman Matters, Rich and Rose!

Description of Work
External water leak fix, caulking, drywall repair

Category drywall, handyman service

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time for this great feedback! Rich has been with us for a very long time and he truly cares about each client! We are happy that your problem is solved and that you let us help. Sincerely Brian

01/28/2019

Celeste P.

Both service appointments went very well, Matt and Justin (the technicians) were incredibly professional and efficient. They were also friendly and knowledgeable,and explained to me what was going on with my problems and how they were going to fix them. I really appreciated the work that they did, and the high quality of the jobs that they both did.

Description of Work
Shower head leaks, and minor deck repair (two separate occasions)

Category decks, electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Thank you for allowing us to help! We are thrilled to see this wonderful review! Wishing you all the best until next time. Brian

01/06/2019

Kevin H.

My one day project did not get completed to substantial completion.

Description of Work
Quality work, however job was not completed. and cost was extremely high based on industry standards and fairness

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that you did not allow us to finish your job after you called and said how amazing the Craftsman was. You told us that you did not want to pay our hourly rate and wanted a deep discount but that you were very happy with the work. We go over our rates in advance and also had you sign our contract that specified how we work. We hire fantastic Craftsmen that do fantastic work at what we hope to be great value to our customers. We did provided you with a Military discount and only charged you for the time that we were on the job. You signed the invoice saying that you were happy with the work as well. I was also VERY surprised to hear that you texted my Craftsman asking him to do work on the side. We operate with integrity and find it concerning when clients go behind the company's back to solicit the employees that we hired and screened. I hope that you find someone to help you as we were more than willing to complete the job but you said that you did not want to pay our rate. I suppose that is why you tried hire my Craftsman on your own. Please note that the contract that you signed specifically states that you are not allowed to hire our employees directly. Wishing you all the best Brian

11/29/2018

Susan W.

Justin performed the installation to our satisfaction. He was very attentive to the project and completed it in a timely manner. We would definitely consider hiring for other projects.

Description of Work
Installation of Mantel Shelf

Category handyman service

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm glad that Justin was able to help and that you were happy. Wishing you all the best in 2019! Regards, Brian

11/23/2018

Ron K.

Justin was excellent and he exceeded any expectations I had.

Description of Work
Window Repair

Category handyman service, replacement windows

Thank you for your business and for the kind words! I am very lucky to have amazing Craftsmen like Justin! Wishing you all the best until next time. Brian

09/24/2018

Christine C.

Perfect. No hitches. The handyman was responsive and easy to deal with.

Description of Work
Installation of bath tub grabber bars

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Hi Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thanks for your feedback and so glad you are happy with the service! We appreciate your time and your business. Let us know when you arr ready for that future work. Have a fantastic day! Rose

09/20/2018

Bob F.

Always excellent communication, very professional, fair prices and quality work. I always know what to expect with the product they provide!

Description of Work
As a Realtor I've had them do multiple jobs from exterior repairs, interior repairs, and kitchen/bath remodels.

Category drywall, gutter cleaning, handyman service, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], ALWAYS a pleasure working with you and your clients. We appreciate your feedback and your business. Thanks! Brain, Rose and the Handyman Matters Team

08/16/2018

David G.

I needed to replace a damaged window, got a spare window which I believe came from the condo association, and called a handyman service to install it. When he tried to install the window, the handyman discovered that the window was the wrong size. We agreed that I would buy a correctly-sized window, he would come back to install it, and I would not be charged for this visit but would pay the normal fee when the new window was installed. I asked the condo management for a recommendation, and their recommended window service arranged to both make and install my window, as they will be replacing several windows in the building. Therefore, I called Handyman Matters back and offered to pay for the unsuccessful visit, as I wouldn't be using them for the installation. They declined my offer of payment. I thanked them and will use them again for my next home repair.

Description of Work
Install a replacement window

Category handyman service, replacement windows

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We appreciate your feedback - and we are glad you had your window replacement taken care of! We are happy to help with any future projects. Thanks again for your kind words and for taking the time to call us. Have a terrific day! Rose

08/14/2018

Pat F.

Did an excellent job replacing damaged skirting on my home. Also did minor repair on shed door and painted. Will rehire for other projects this winter. Thanks

Description of Work
Skirting replaced, some painting

Category handyman service, house painters

[Member Name Removed] - thanks so much for your feedback and positive review. It was great working with you and we really appreciate your communication with getting materials! Please keep us in mind for future projects! Thanks! Rose

08/10/2018

Sherri L.

Good, Justin was quick and professional.

Description of Work
Install 2 smoke alarms.

Category handyman service

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and hope you will call us again soon! Rosemarie

08/02/2018

Vicki C.

Did a great job. The service is very responsive and keeps you informed when they are on their way. Matt did a great jobs an worked with me to get the closet parts to fix in the most functional way.

Description of Work
Closet rod and shelf install.

Category handyman service

[Member Name Removed], Thank you - we love to get reviews like yours! We will pass on your kind words to Matt. Glad we were bale to help you - look forward to working with you on future projects! Thanks! Rosemarie

07/28/2018

Tom H.

Handyman Matters Of Columbia did a great job installing a new Lazy Susan in my kitchen. The lead craftsman, Rich, showed up early and got to work right away uninstalling the existing Lazy Susan and then installing the new one that I had purchased online. Rich was very friendly, professional, and dedicated to getting the job right. Even after installing the device, he spent quite a bit of time making adjustments so that the balance and movement was just right. He only charged for one hour even though he was on the job for longer, and HMoC had an online coupon that reduced the price even more. Great job and will hire again!

Description of Work
Lazy Susan installation

Category handyman service

Thanks Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your great feedback! Thanks for working with us and having everything there. Rich is a great to have on our team. We look forward to working with you on future projects. Rosemarie

FCH Roofing Exterior and Interior LLC

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in roofing and remodeling services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Closet America

Closet America is a privately owned and locally operated manufacturer and installer of custom home organization systems for closets, home offices, pantries, media centers, and garages. By raising the standards for quality and customer service, Closet America has steadily grown into one of the premier names in the professional organizing systems industry. We have been consistently awarded the prestigious GuildMaster Award for exceptional customer service and satisfaction.

RestoreUnow

WATER, FIRE & MOLD Damage Restoration & Clean-up Services! When disaster strikes your home or business, you need an experienced professional company to restore your property back to pre-loss condition. We offer immediate disaster response and can work with your insurance company. Having a disaster happen can be a traumatic time in your life and we understand every aspect of this. Our goal is to not only restore your home or business properly but to also ease your mind. From the initial phone call until after we've completed the work, we promise you'll be completely satisfied. We urge you to take a few moments to read our reviews, learn about our services, and contact us with any questions you may have.

Maryland
    Maryland: General
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Handyman, home repairs, bathroom remodels, carpentry, drywall, electric, plumbing, senior safety, tile, kitchens, bathrooms, exterior trim, gutter cleaning, pressure washing, pet doors, fence & deck repairs

We will provide you with a great referral for things we cannot do or things we think might be a better value for YOU elsewhere.