East Coast Landscape Design

Founded 1979 • With Angi since November 2005

IN BUSINESS SINCE 1979. 15 EMPLOYEES. All WORK IN HOUSE EXCEPT FOR FENCING. ALL EMPLOYEES DRUG TESTED AND BACKGROUND CHECKED. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. LICENSE #42490. INSURANCE #Q89-0102236-M. ADDITIONAL EMAIL: mark@eclandscapedesign.com. Specializing in retaining walls, patios, landscaping, drainage and erosion control....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+53 more images

Backyard Patio, Outdoor Kitchen, and Pool Area Overhaul 2021

Backyard Patio, Outdoor Kitchen, and Pool Area Overhaul 2021

hardscaping202120861
Installed a new patio and pool decking, a new outdoor kitchen, seating area, and walkways.

4.4

lawn & landscaping (104)hardscaping (72)drain pipe installation (19)Patios (18)masonry (16)landscape lighting (12)excavating (8)outdoor kitchens (6)concrete driveways (5)lawn care (24)stone & gravel (21)mulch delivering (15)

09/21/2022

Gordon S.

The designer, Mark Huebner, understood quickly what we wanted and proposed ideas to make our project even more economical and beautiful (see photo of our brick patio and fire pit.) Foreman Roberto was a perfectionist craftsman. Who knew masonry was a spectator sport? Also, they replaced a concrete walkway and driveway. Plus, they installed several big healthy shrubs and a lot of sod. Definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Brick patio and fire pit; concrete concrete sidewalk and driveway

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, lawn service, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/21/2022

Review for East Coast Landscape Design - 2000 SPENCERVILLE ROAD, Spencerville, MD - 39881196

10/06/2021

Joseph P.

I hired East Coast Landscape Design to take care of a sump pump drainage problem under my deck, as well as install a stone patio under the deck. They did a wonderful job with both. Mark designed the project and answered any questions I had. He provided all the necessary information and design plans to obtain approval for the project from my homeowners association. Katie was very helpful with scheduling, billing and answering gereral questions. Roberto and crew did a great job installing the patio and cleaning up afterwards. The patio looks great and the drainage issue has been taken care of. I wold definitely hire them again and/or recommend them to a friend.

Description of Work
Drain sump pump away from house and install a stone patio under deck.

Category excavators, masonry, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

08/24/2021

Jaime L.

It went great! The work East coast landscape provided was fantastic!! After going to to other contractors East Coast Landscaping was great on price, provided professional quality work, and was done very quick! I highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
I had a patio done.

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways, excavators, landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, lakefront landscaping, fountains, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 08/24/2021

03/09/2021

robert N.

East Coast completed job in 2 days. Their work exceeded our expectations. Will have to wait for a couple days of sustained rain to ensure that the project solved our problems, but i can't see how the problem won't be solved. I will be bringing East Coast back for phase 2 and 3, no question. Our yard has some pretty severe drainage issues and we are tackling the project in 3 phases. Mark was really good to deal with. Patient with all my questions, accepted requested changes and additions to scope of project in stride. Excellent workmanship! Excellent clean up! What can I say, give them a call, you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
We had drainage issues around house and pool.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, masonry, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

01/19/2021

Jeffrey B.

Mark came out and surveyed the drainage problems that we were having that were causing flooding in our yard and threatening our house. He proposed a very robust solution that provided protection for our home and provided a really nice look for naturally correcting the problem. The team who did the work were great - they worked with Mark and I to implement the best solution to remedy the flooding and provide the best appearing solution. They re-shaped the yard, brought in dirt, built retaining walls, put down sod, put down river stone, and installed drain boxes and piping to control the rain water.

Description of Work
Hardscape to remedy rain water drainage problems

Category excavators, landscaping, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

09/19/2020

Patricia A.

Beautiful job installing drain catch, laying new drain pipe, regrading, laying sod, planting pachydandra, and installing paving stones and a river stone swail to manage water. I love it.

Description of Work
Drainage to manage water

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, garage builders, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

08/10/2020

James D.

NEVER received a call back after I scheduled them to come and look at my yard.

Description of Work
Flower bed landscaping and front yard curb appeal.

Category landscaping, garage builders

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

Good morning, I apologize if we got our wires crossed, but I have no record of anyone by your name calling to make an appointment. Would you have called and set up an appointment under another name or is it possible you reviewed the wrong company? Also, our company does mainly landscape and hardscape (patio, retaining walls, walkways, etc) installation. We do not do Garages/Barnes/Sheds. Please call us in the office at 301-421-4141 to discuss this issue.

06/29/2020

Lynne S.

4 trees and a full backyard cleared in under a day, grass was seeded about a week ago and is starting to come in. it looks great.

Description of Work
Clearance of trees, overgrowth, weeds in backyard, pruning of 2 other trees, removal of cinder blocks, seeding of grass

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

05/13/2020

Steven W.

Very professional and efficient, but expensive.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

04/30/2020

Natalie B.

We needed a large section of yard leveled to allow the construction of a playset. East Coast worked quickly with us, met our requests was able to complete the job within a few days. We are so impressed and so happy. Our neighbors are also very impressed.

Description of Work
Yard leveling

Work Completed On 04/23/2020

03/19/2020

Fred M.

The work team was very professional and prompt. Their work was completed on time and looks great. There were some added "extras" that were not part of the original contract they included (for instance, adding mulch to a different garden on my property) just because it made everything appear of a whole.

Description of Work
Retaining wall for bushes and ground cover, planting of shrubs and reseeding the lawn

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

09/25/2019

Joleen C.

They did a great job. Professional. Listened to our needs and came up with a reasonable plan, and did things within a reasonable timeframe.

Description of Work
Re-laying a patio, Fixing Drainage, Building a retaining wall

Category concrete repair, landscaping, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

08/08/2019

H Allen B.

I have to add my hearty thanks to all the others East Cost Landscape has received. We replaced an old wooden retaining wall in our back yard that had been undermined by poor drainage. Beyond the wall the ground descended steeply. We had doubts about how to proceed. Mark quickly assessed the situation and proposed a curved Semma stone wall, as well as underground drainage pipes for two downspouts running through a weephole in the wall. The project was completed in two days by a very hard-working team. We didn't realize how wide and beautiful the wall would be. Another team came to mulch and sod. We probably could have used a little more sod, but we're very happy. It's impressive!

Description of Work
Retaining wall

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

Mr. and Mrs. [Member Name Removed] were very easy to work with. They showed us the issues they were having and we came up with a solution. This should add to the beauty and sustainability of their backyard. I thank them for the opportunity to do the project!

07/24/2019

Christine C.

Another great experience with Mark and his crew. Mark designed a solution for our driveway drainage issues that included building retaining wall the entire length of the driveway. It is beautiful and will definitely add to the house's value. The new landscaping is simple and very pleasing to the eye. I have used East Coast Landscape Design several times for my current house and prior one. The projects have varied from small clean-ups to major landscaping and hardscaping projects. The end product is always beautiful and Mark and his crew are a pleasure to works with.

Description of Work
Address drainage issues including by building a retaining wall, installing a drain and planting new trees and plants.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/24/2019

Yes, another job for [Member Name Removed]! Seems like we just finished a drainage job for her on her last home in Bethesda fixing the water issues and giving her more parking spaces. In her new house, she gave us another water/drainage challenge and we took care of it along with planting trees and flowers. It was a pleasure working with her again!

07/24/2019

Frederick G.

It went very well. Every worker was very professional and responsive to our instructions. There were frustrating delays of several days between each phase of the work: walk, remove existing plants, plant new ones, clean up and mulch all flower beds--about 5.5 days of work. The result was beautiful.

Description of Work
Re-landscaping the front yard, trimming overgrown plants in the back yard, and installing permeable pavement in he front walk.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, fountains, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/24/2019

Mr. and Mrs. [Member Name Removed] have been clients over many years and we appreciate the work. Many different components to this job to make it a challenge and interesting. Look forward to the next project!

07/08/2019

Alex B.

Mark Simpson and East Coast Landscaping were great to work with on this project. At every step of the way, Mark worked with us to get what we want, and stay within the budget we had set. They were able to completely change our backyard from a plain old DC yard with a less than ideal deck, into an oasis in NE DC. They were able to take my original plans for our yard and create a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of the DC work life and stay within budget while still adding in the little extras we came up with in the last few days. The value of the work done will add 2 times the amount spent on the project once we decide to sell and move on form this house. But that will be tough to do now that we have the backyard of our dreams. I would highly recommend East Coast Landscaping for any work you are considering getting done to your house. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It is well worth getting a quote from Mark on your next project, as they were not over priced and certainly not hard to work with through out the project. They are a quality company who valued us as customers. They where willing to come back a month later to do touch ups from the project, and fix our gate which we foolishly left open for the wind to slam shut and damage.

Description of Work
They tour down and ripped out our existing plain old boring yard with a deck and turned it into an Oasis in DC by installing a 6-foot gorgeous privacy fence, a 18" sitting wall (retaining as well), a 450 foot paver patio, new steps to backdoor, drainage from 2 rain gutters to curb, stone areas for edging and our shed, and completely re-sodded our yard. All within 2 weeks of work time. The crew was excellent and easy to work with day in and day out.

Category decks, excavators, fencing, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

Review for East Coast Landscape Design - 2000 SPENCERVILLE ROAD, Spencerville, MD - 37970445

This project really turned out well. Very challenging and rewarding. It was nice to see that we could enhance their yard to make it more usable and valuable. Great clients to work with!

05/31/2019

Steven W.

East Coast Landscaping designed a landscaping project that included dozens of plants and sod. They performed the work in just 3 days, and it was an impressive amount of work. The work crew was very professional and efficient, and the owner of the company provided us with ample advice about how to maintain the planters.

Description of Work
Landscaping back yard.

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

05/09/2019

Patricia S.

They corrected the drainage problem and put a gorgeous paver sidewalk in.

Description of Work
Needed new walkway from sidewalk to front door. Also, there was a water problem in the front yard.

Category masonry

02/10/2019

Christie P.

East Coast Landscape was a great company to work with. Mark was very willing to come up with ideas and flexible with changes. The price was reasonable and the quality was outstanding. We are going to use them again! Great company.

Description of Work
Installed three paver patios, steps, French drain with additional drainage, river rock landscaping, and two flagstone walkways.

Category landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 12/14/2018

02/06/2019

Amy B.

Mark is the ultimate professional and a pleasure to work with. I have provided Mark's name to several real estate clients and they have always thanked me for passing along Mark's name. Mark took on a complex project and my clients are thrilled with the final result. Mark transformed a sad space into something really beautiful. I plan to continue to give out Mark's name to anyone needing landscape work. You'll be glad you hired Mark.

Description of Work
Retaining wall and soil erosion control

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 02/06/2019

01/14/2019

Cynthia M.

Work done as proposed. On time and on budget.

Description of Work
Landscaping - Drainage for Erosion Mitigation

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

11/14/2018

Sarah R.

Mark and his team were professional and prompt (when the rain let up!) in providing a high quality project. They listened to my ideas, incorporated their expertise into my plans, and developed a great plan. They prepped the site, did the work, cleaned up, and even re-seeded the HOA property where their equipment dug in the soft, wet ground. I love my patio: it slopes the water away from my foundation, keeps the mud from the erosion between townhomes from washing down onto my area, and looks amazing. I've gotten many compliments already, and trust me, it's going to increase the property value when it comes time to sell.

Description of Work
Outdoor hardscaping - patio and retaining wall

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios