William G Hyman Electrical Contractor

Washington DC: Trades
11/30/2023

712 Notley Rd

Silver Spring, MD 20904

Award winning service for over 40 years. Our trained and experienced electricians can offer you a full range of interior and exterior lighting options and electrical installation services. Whether it is one light fixture, a custom lighting layout or a comprehensive wiring service upgrade or Heavy-Up, we have the necessary tools, knowledge and experience to turn your plan into reality. Please include your contact information and property address when contacting us....

electrician (412)lighting (94)ceiling fan installation (37)landscape lighting (4)home inspection (4)home security systems (2)

01/20/2022

Vicki T.

Bill Hyman and team have done great work on past jobs and today talked us through our electrical problem via phone and how to fix it and ended up not needing to come out (or accept payment). Another reminder why they are hugely recommended.

Description of Work
Helping restore breakers and power to part of our house

Work Completed On 01/19/2022

11/24/2021

Zach C.

Good work, fast turn-around. Bill Hyman was quick to respond and gave a lot of advice over the phone, even doing some visual inspection on a real-estate site to plan out work. Two techs came out on the next business day. Techs were friendly, answered all my questions, and managed to give a lot of information even while doing a small job. Will be my first call for future projects.

Description of Work
Removed abandoned wiring

Work Completed On 11/24/2021

07/27/2021

William J.

I called Bill, the owner, and he asked for a few pics of the lights we wanted installed. The following Monday, he had Jeremy, and his assistant Kevin, at the house to complete the work. Bill texted me to let me know an approximate time of arrival, and also to let me know they would be a little early, which was very much appreciated. Kevin assessed the work to be done and quoted a price of $975. My initial reaction was that this may be a little high, since the work took only two hours. But, I had nothing to compare it to as I had not received any other quotes. I had previously contacted another highly rated electrical company, and the woman kept coming back and back with asking for more and more pics. I finally got frustrated and called Bill. The work was completed professionally and the lights look great. They cleaned up everything, to include the boxes the lights we purchased came in, which we did not expect. Jeremy also checked some outdoor and inground lines for us that we recently discovered after a demo of a planter box. He said the lines were all dead and that we could cut and/or bury them ourselves. Jeremy and Kevin were very professional, courteous, and most importantly, competent. And add to that the personal attention from Bill, the owner, made this a very good experience. I will definitely call Bill in the future as we have other projects to complete.

Description of Work
Installation of overhead lights for my basement.

Work Completed On 07/27/2021

07/06/2021

Sharon L.

Mr. Hyman and his team were friendly, professional and efficient in getting major electrical upgrades completed on our old house in a timely manner. His prices were fair, and Mr. Hyman dealt with the bureaucracy of DC requirements and the quagmire of dealing with PEPCO. We are very happy with the work and would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced outside wiring, electrical box and upgrade several outlets on old home.

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

06/17/2021

Herman F.

This is the second time I have used Hyman Electric in the past two months for electrical services. As always, Bill, Jeremy and Kevin were top notched, professional and really good at what they did. Our house is 62 years old and the work was done in about 4 hours. The lighting looks really good!

Description of Work
Installed six 5" recessed lighting fixtures in basement ceiling

Category lighting

Work Completed On 06/08/2021

05/28/2021

Anthony J.

Bill showed patience and was very helpful. He resolved the issue in no time.

Description of Work
Electrical circuit was out.

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

04/28/2021

Daniel R.

I had a light switch break in early morning hours, called Hyman Electrical first thing in the morning, and they made to my house shortly after noon. In addition to the broken switch, they fixed a few other outlets which needed attention. Overall the work was very good.

Description of Work
Repair light switch and outlets

Work Completed On 04/26/2021

04/20/2021

Herman F.

As rated, Excellent! I am very very pleased with the professionalism, skill and competence of Bill, Jeremy and Kevin. I am now planning on using them for additional work in renovating the electrical lighting in the basement of my sixty two year old house. Thank you Hyman Electric!

Description of Work
Changed an attic fan, replaced a bathroom vanity light and replace an outdoor gfi outlet.

Work Completed On 04/16/2021

04/01/2021

Jason Z.

Jeremy and Kevin did outstanding work and I'd definitely hire them again! They're friendly, efficient, and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Install light fixtures, ceiling fan, and bathroom vent fans, install GFCIs, replace damaged recessed light socket

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 03/30/2021

12/29/2020

Benjamin S.

I'm very happy with the service Bill provided. He provided a quote within just a day, which was comparable to other electricians I contacted. The crew he sent was polite, helpful, and answered all my questions. And they finished the whole job in just 1 hour. I will absolutely contact them next time I have an electrical issue.

Description of Work
Electrical outlet installation

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

Service Upgrades, Electrical Heavy-ups, Circuit breakers, Replacement panels, Fuse box replacement, New Circuits, Air conditioner wirng, Kitchen outlets, Appliance wiring, Electrical Wiring, Recessed lighting, LED Lighting, LED Under cabinet lighting, vent fan installation, lighting design & installation, renovations, new construction, additions, troubleshooting & repair, Cable TV, Phone, Network wiring.

Commercial buildings, multi-family condominiums & apartment buildings. Ceiling fans installed only in conjunction with other work.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, American Express