Radon Abatement Services

Founded 1998 • With Angi since November 2006

• Trade License Number
  • MHIC 52013; NRPP 101103RMT

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

10503 Hutting

Silver Spring, MD 20902

Here at Radon Abatement Services we sustain our business on quality and integrity. We are experts in the residential and commercial radon mitigation trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We are family owned and operated providing award winning services since 1998....

radon mitigation (238)well & water pump repair (6)real estate agent (4)mold removal (1)HVAC Companies (1)

09/01/2020

The work itself was good however I found the owner John to be extremely rude in his correspondence with me which I did not appreciate and which is the reason why I would not rehire them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Randon abatement

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2020

08/19/2020

We used Radon Abatement Services for our basement. The radon levels were slightly over the EPA recommended limit. We mitigated the radon as part of a larger basement renovation. Radon Abatement Services worked with our General Contractor and did a great job. Radon levels are vastly reduced now as a result of their work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
radon mitigation

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/24/2020

07/06/2019

It was excellent. I like the pricing. They shown up on time, they did everything quickly and smoothly. Answered all my questions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They installed some stuff to make radon go away and stay away.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/06/2018

01/09/2019

HTI performed services in a timely and professional manner.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement Radon Test

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/09/2019

10/20/2018

I contacted Mr. John Swett by phone, leaving a voicemail. Someone from his company called back to get all the particulars of my situation. After answering those questions, Mr. Swett called me to confirm some things. He was ready to send a crew in just a few days but I needed to wait a week. The crew came as scheduled, did a super job of determining how to best vent the radon gas, added electrical ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed the radon concentration in my basement lowered.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/08/2018

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]; It was a pleasure to work with you. Please feel free to call me directly any time if any questions or issues arise with your radon mitigation system. Sincerely, John Swett Owner Radon Abatement Services

10/12/2018

It went really well! The whole team was professional, knew what they were doing and went straight to work. They were careful so that minor cracks in the basement (and a drain that went nowhere) were properly sealed, as was the seam between the floor and walls. The finished installation is unobtrusive, hardly noticeable. Walked us through the job carefully when done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed Radon Abatement System

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/12/2018

06/06/2018

The remediation went very well. They installed the equipment in a few hours and included a test kit. The post-installation test showed a level of .6. Maryland's suggested safe level is 4.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Reduce the level of radon in my basement. It measured 5.7

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/29/2018

05/28/2018

We started with a reading of 4.4 pCi/L in our basement. After their installation of the fan, it dropped to 0.6 pCi/L and 0.8 pCi/L. Their crew was amazing. There was a point where they began installing one pipe in an area where I didn't want it. I mentioned that and they quickly filled that area back in and moved the pipe to an area that was much more out of the way. About two weeks after it was i...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Radon Abatement

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/27/2018

05/28/2018

They came on time and did the work quickly. There were no problems.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New radon removal fan

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/18/2018

05/11/2018

The team was outstanding. They arrived in the morning and identified the best possible options to route the vent pipe. Since the best option was also the most labor-intensive, they made heroic efforts to dig ~6 feet deep from the exterior of the home to access out crawlspace from the corner of the house. This resulted in them taking much longer than expected at our house -- with an outstanding res...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Radon system for house

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/11/2018

Super Service Award Winners from 2007 to present! Commercial & residential radon reduction & vapor extraction systems .

Radon testing.