MA Cleaning & Landscaping Design Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2011

An established family firm, MA Cleaning & Landscaping Design remains focused on providing the highest quality landscape services to commercial and residential clients in the DMV region. Founded in 1998, MA is a U.S. Small Business Administration 8(a) certified privately held family organization.

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated

Sod Installation

lawn & landscaping

2021
View project

lawn & landscaping (343)lawn care (191)mulch delivering (104)leaf removal (37)tree service (36)lawn treatment (32)hardscaping (22)hauling (20)concrete repair (14)pressure washing (12)stone & gravel (11)gutter cleaning (8)

07/28/2022

Corina F.

Excellent. Very knowledgeable, professional and timely.

Description of Work
Landscaping services

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 07/28/2022

Thank you so much Ms. [Member Name Removed] , your review is very appreciated ! Sincerely Grateful MA'[Member Information Removed] Team

06/06/2022

Andrew H.

The entire team did a great job, and we are definitely happy with the results. From the initial planning to the professionalism of the workers, they were great to work with.

Description of Work
Sodding and Landscaping

Work Completed On 05/12/2022

Mr. [Member Name Removed] , We are so glad in work to you and your family ! Thank you so very much for the opportunity ! sincerely MA Team

04/13/2022

iden K.

The work was not done according to the agreements in the contract. Damage was done to my existing hardscaping. Tiny bamboos were installed instead of 6 foot tall bamboo. Soil screening was done in a very shallow manner.

Description of Work
Soil treatment and planting

Category hauling services, landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 04/13/2022

We are small minority company that is operating since 1996 with over 3,000 happy customers at DMV area , but for sure we are not perfect that works hard everyday to try to provide the best as possible ! However - sometimes what is a treasure for one individual will be debris for other , we work with people's expectation ( sometimes unrealistic expectation ) but we only can offer what is possible inside of our limitations ! ( pictures from the provided services will be available at our website - the entire procedures done and all our enforcement can be see ) Thank you for the opportunity to express our option about this situation !

09/11/2021

Jennie C.

On August 19th, MA Cleaning and Landscape Services performed landscaped services for me. The goal was to make sure that I did not have to worry about cutting grass in my small back yard. In essence, they dug up the existing grass in order to place pebbles and flag stone pavers. They also replaced the existing fence, and I referred two of my neighbors to them. I must admit that the final outcome (the cosmetic aspects looked really nice, and I was initially pleased). However, two weeks later, grass started growing in abundance in the yard. I expected some weeds to grow after a couple of months but two weeks later!!!!!!:(. My neighbors had their yards landscaped and did not encounter this situation, so what gives? I called Lily, who I have been in communication with, and she told me to spray vinegar on it. I sprayed the vinegar, and that was useless. I called her again, and this time she appeared annoyed with me.. telling me I should spray the vinegar once a week, and it should kill the root. Well, I am not only dissatisfied but upset. I called her, left a message, and she refused to return my phone call. She has received her payment and no longer has the need to communicate with me. However, it is her company's responsibility to make sure the work was done properly. I should not have to do this since her company should have made sure this situation should not occur (grass growing so quickly and abundantly) ! She did not care after receiving payment. I left a message on her voicemail to ask her to come out access the situation, and she has not returned my call. MA Landscaping should have done a better job in treating the soil, so that this inconceivable situation did not happen. I was very clear about not cutting grass. However, I have not only weeds growing but grass. The company did not do their due diligence. If this is their practice in landscaping, they should inform their clients so we should know. I reviewed the contract, and she said she would use a weed block. But, I am skeptical about the weed blocker, the process, and so on, especially when the clients expresses their desires. Beware and do your due diligence before hiring. It was not my job to spray vinegar for weeks/months when she was supposed to ensure the process was adequately taken care of. Now, I am stuck with abundant of weeds and grass growing after 1-2 weeks in my back yard--this should not have happened this quickly. She told me it was normal. So disappointed.. would never use them again! Sincerely, Jennie Chaplin, PhD Addition Edit: Please see response to Owner's response. 1. MA Team posted images of my yard (before and after ) without my consent. 2) MA never notified me of any of these "invasive weeds" (either written or verbal communication). 3) MA Team did not issue me a warranty 4) MA Team never notified me (verbally or orally) about email being the "standard method of communication" Thanks for responding to my review.

Description of Work
placing of pebbles and flag stone pavers

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

Review for MA Cleaning & Landscaping Design Inc - 13617 Creekside Dr, Silver Spring, MD - 39470994

Dear [Member Name Removed] thanks for your feedback,we’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. We'ld like to share with you, and those reading this review, our side of the story. We apologize if Lily may have given you the wrong impression on the phone-she goes above and beyond to make all customers happy.At the time of your call, unfortunately, she was going through a very serious family emergency that required a lot of her attention, plus we were short in our office staff, however, she saw the call and answered to give you attention, and in hopes to help you–she was not annoyed at all,she was just being short and trying her best to accommodate your call and needs.Also, on your first call you asked what to do regarding the sprouts giving the impression that you would like to solve the issue yourself; not any given moment you mentioned that you would like us to come back and take and/or fix it, and that explains why Lily instructed you to put vinegar on the sprouts. We never received an email (standard method of communication specified on our contracts), what led us to believe that the sprouts weren’t as big of problem as this review portraits. Also, the picture attached to this review shows 6 sprouts on a very small area of the patio and not an abundant of weeds and grass. On your yard there were very invasive weeds, meaning that even though we followed all the existent protocols to prevent weeds to a T (excavation – installation of weed blocker and a 4-inch layer of gravel- more than industry standard for weed prevention) a couple sprouts could appear. We expected that the process to use the warranty or communicate issues described in the contract was followed so we could know how serious of an issue this was for you and we could take the necessary actions to fix, which we did regardless (took us 5 minutes) because as mentioned before we do indeed care for our customers and Lily always go above and beyond for all of them.

08/24/2021

Jay H.

MA exceeded our expectations. Their designer knows her stuff, and her crew does an excellent job of executing the plan. Not only would I hire them again, I plan to work with them on an ongoing basis.

Description of Work
Landscaping services

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 08/24/2021

Dear [Member Name Removed], We’d just like to thank you for taking the time to write this review of service. We’re a small, family run local business here at MA Cleaning & Landscaping Design and every bit of feedback like this does so much to help us out! We’re very grateful for customers like you and hope you stick with us for years to come! Thanks again! -Lily Maschioro, Landscape Design & Project Manager

07/14/2021

Thomas M.

Great service. Very responsive, and pleasant team. Every inch of our yard is covered. I recommend highly.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 07/14/2021

05/27/2021

jared H.

I claimed the deal titled "Up to 4 Hours of Leaf Clean-Up Plus Debris Disposal." I explained several times to the company over email when asked that I did not want their landscaping services, I simply wanted the leaf removal I signed up for... ... and they sent four people in a small truck with no ability to remove leaves. I reluctantly agreed to let them blow the leaves further back in my property instead (even though I was specifically trying to avoid this by using a company that would remove the leaves). And... they only had one blower. So one person blew leaves for an hour while the other three manually put leaves on a tarp with a rake and by hand (yes, by hand; they must not even have had enough rakes to go around), and cleared some things I didn't ask them to clear. I signed up for four hours of leaf removal and basically got one hour of leaf blowing. To be clear, the workers were polite (though I had a difficult time communicating with them) and worked the hour they were here. They were sent with the wrong instructions (they were unloading shovels when they got here...) and wrong/insufficient equipment. The deal was $345. I gave the crew a check for $250 and said I'd speak with the company about the rest. Someone from the company was very polite in getting back to me and offered to have the crew come back for a half hour. To do what? More manual leaf gathering? No thanks. I used this company last year with success (my positive review is on here). But this was very disappointing. Again, everyone was polite and the crew worked (however inefficiently, given the equipment they had). But it couldn't have been any clearer in advance what was to be done. And they didn't do it.

Description of Work
Leaf removal

Category leaf removal

Work Completed On 05/27/2021

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, and there was a miscommunication about the details of the deal. After seeing pictures of the area and the leaves we can better understand and explain the reason behind our workers raking it manually - it was a large area with a lot of piled leaves and the blower alone wouldn't be enough nor successful for the job. Additionally to that on the email communication prior to the services being done we asked if you would like an estimate or a visit to make sure that the 4 hours of the deal (total of 4 hours, if you had a crew of 4 people that means an hour each) would be enough, which you said was not necessary and our team should do as much as they could in the 4 hours. It turned out that the 4 hours weren't enough for the amount of leaves you had, in fact, we would need 6 hours just to do the removal (not including the collection portion). We strive to provide the best services and see our customers happy and satisfied so we offered you an additional 30 minutes per person, a total of 2 hours extra free of charge to make sure we could get as close as possible to what you expected, and in appreciation of the business. We once again apologize for the situation, and we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention, your feedback helps us do better. -MA Team

10/26/2020

Michael L.

Contractor does not do the requested service.

Description of Work
Artificial grass installation

Category landscaping

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but as described on our business profile and mentioned to you, unfortunately our company does not offer service artificial turf/grass or any related products/services. We fell misjudged to be reviewed by a service we do not offer. Sincerely, -MA Team

09/14/2020

Mark D.

Went very well. Complete in 2 full days with a 2-person crew. They paid particular attention to aesthetics afterward which I appreciated. Most positive part was, they finished the day before a torrential rain storm which washed away much of the disturbed soil (where the drainage pipe was buried) as well as mulch and some river stones. I informed them and, without my realizing, they returned to my property, cleaned everything up and left quietly. When you do jobs like this, things can go wrong (including the uncontrollable, like inclement weather). What I appreciated was how responsive they were and how they ultimately made it clear that they wanted to do a good job for their customer. Lily, the project manager was great. The crew did a good job. The price was at par with other places but I'll take that + great communication and responsiveness any day. I've already referred them to 3 others in my neighborhood and I will definitely use again.

Description of Work
I needed to mitigate against basement flooding. I wasn't sure if it was a matter of re-grading, replacing underground draining, or foundational waterproofing. Their estimate to do all 3 was competitive enough that I did all.

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

Thank you so much for this wonderful review ! We are grateful to have worked with you ! MA Team

08/27/2020

Andres H.

$1500 mistake... My yard looks worst then it did before they got there and I now have to pay another landscaping service to fix the damage that was done. When I reached out asking them for a quote to fix the damage, they quoted me THREE TIMES the price for SOD they originally quoted. Please be careful

Description of Work
Landscaping, Grass SOD installation

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

Review for MA Cleaning & Landscaping Design Inc - 13617 Creekside Dr, Silver Spring, MD - 38831301

07/28/2020

Kris R.

We contracted with Ms. Lily and the MA Landscaping team to redo our back patio on Capitol Hill in DC. The original patio had a dilapidated fence, an uneven brick floor, and overgrown shed. The moment that Ms. Lily stepped into the space, she had a vision for safeguarding the historic nature of the patio while integrating a modern look. She was receptive to our ideas and offered her own, which allowed us to come to a great combined vision. She didn't try to oversell us or pressure us into taking dramatic, expensive changes that weren't important to us. Throughout the project, Ms. Lily was hands-on, responsive, and receptive. The work was completed in 2 weeks. Her workers were friendly and when unexpected developments arose, they quickly sought our input as well as hers. Ms. Lily visited the property each day to inspect the progress. The final result was a patio that exceeded our expectations! We were thrilled by not only the end result, but also the journey to it. Many thanks to Ms. Lily and her team - we would absolutely recommend them!

Description of Work
Back Patio Renovation

Category fencing, landscaping, pavers, gravel, patios

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

It was a pleasure working with you sir! Thank you for your review and for trusting us ! MA Team

07/07/2020

James M.

The crew went above and beyond. Totally please. I’ll rehire for future yard work. Place looks great. Thanks MA

Description of Work
Trim shrubs, clean and weed flower beds, mulch all, haul off downed trees in woods, cleaned patio.

Category concrete repair, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

Thank you so much for this review! MA Team

06/17/2020

James M.

Excellent. Above and beyond what I expected.

Description of Work
Landscaping Services

Category hauling services, landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

Thank you so much for this review! MA Team

06/15/2020

linda P.

They were responsive and they came out quickly. I was pleased wit them but I won't be using them. Lilly is very helpful and very responsive and personable.

Description of Work
To replace a retaining wall.

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Thank you very much for your review , We are sincerely grateful !

05/21/2020

jared H.

Easy to schedule, they were here early, very polite, and got right to work. They did a great job. Make sure you are completely clear with them about what you want (and maybe also what you don't want) - they did a few things I'd have preferred they hadn't, but I should have been clearer. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Clearing area of lawn

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

Thank you very much for your review , it is very important to us !

05/14/2020

Burak P.

Started off a little rough, but the crew figured out what needed to be done and got it done. They were professional and listened to how I wanted things to be done. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Landscaping Maintenance

Category landscaping, leaf removal, mulch, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

Review for MA Cleaning & Landscaping Design Inc - 13617 Creekside Dr, Silver Spring, MD - 38565408

Thank you sir for the feedback! We are very grateful. MA Team

05/14/2020

Charles B.

Wonderful. Great communication, précise work, and they cleaned up after they finished—even swept our hall because they had to walk through it. I’d definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Sod installation

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

Thank you very much sir for this review! We are very grateful. MA Team

04/30/2020

Aryan B.

Excellent! The team is professional, thorough, and speedy.

Description of Work
Clean up of backyard (e.g., extract weeds, rake leaves, remove debris from trees, etc.)

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

Thank you very much for this review! MA Team

04/27/2020

Maxine T.

The work went very well and was pleased with it. The only problem was that the final payment was taken from my bank account without notification of the final bill, even though it was stated on the invoice that payment would be applied to the credit card on file within 30 days. My payment was taken before 30 days. I was planning on using a different credit card.

Description of Work
Removal of weeds from under front porch and landscape rocks were placed down. Removal of dead pine bush. Weeding out flower beds and placing down mulch, as well as, trimming perennials.

Work Completed On 03/31/2020

Dear Customer, we appreciate your review! We are grateful. This is the line that shows on the approved estimate from you, "NOTE: all estimates accepted require a 50% deposit in order to schedule the work. Also, once the work is done the final payment is automatically charged on the credit card used for the deposit." We don't give a 30 day window for payment because we need to pay the crew that performed the services, however please accept our apologies for using an incorrect card. We hope this did not cause you any trouble. Thank you again for working with us ma'am! Office

04/24/2020

Diana B.

they were reliable, flexible, and hard working.

Description of Work
Landscape Work

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

Thank you ma' am! We are very grateful for your review! MA Team

04/03/2020

David S.

It went swimmingly well the consultant was very helpful her advice was very agreeable to both my pocket and backyard. Her suggestion to plant trees at the bottom of the slope in my backyard never occurred to me. The trees are both beautiful and functional they provide a natural curtain of privacy between my backyard and my neighbor's yard while holding the slope in place. The workers were punctual and went right to work finishing within the short time the consultant promised. Very pleased very relieved. No more weeds on the hill and a beautiful backdrop of gorgeous cypress trees.

Description of Work
Landscape Work

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 04/03/2020