Floormax, a Carpet N Things Company

Silver Spring, MD 20906

FINANCING AVAILABLE....

10/03/2015

Mike B.

This company has replaced/installed flooring for us several times in the past. We were always satisfied with their work. Since ownership there apparently changed the company is no longer the same reliable organization that served us well in the past. Floormax refinished the hardwood flooring on one floor. Within months the very costly upgraded polyurethane finish started to come off the floor. Floormax told us that was caused by dogs sleeping on the floor. Bona, manufacturer of the coating, said that the finish ostensibly applied by Floormax was suited for heavy duty commercial use. Dogs should not damage it. Floormax also replaced the carpet on another floor with commercial style carpet tile. While installing they damaged network cabling. Damaged cables could not be repaired and were replaced. Television cabling, previously hidden under existing carpet was left on top of the carpet, unsightly and creating a trip hazard. Television cable hidden under carpet at doorway was left exposed, where it did prove to be a trip hazard. Metal joiner used to connect carpet in adjoining rooms is brass. All other hardware in those rooms is nickel. When we asked Floormax to remedy these issues they declined. We will not use them again and suggest others avoid Floormax.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet on two floors and refinished hardwood on one floor.

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

06/01/2015

Chris B.

Massoud was just great. Job went very smoothly. One area needed to corrected. Crew was sent back out promptly.

Description of Work
Replaced vinyl floor in kitchen, carpet in rec room and vct tile in lower level rooms.

10/02/2014

Mike B.

The work was performed as agreed, in considerably less time, and with considerably less disruption, than I anticipated. They will carpet the remaining floor of the house when we decide on the material to use. This company replaced the floor in our kitchen and an adjacent bath some years ago. When some of the tile failed they were prompt in resolving the issue. They completely credited the tile floor and replaced it with another material, in those two rooms and in an new addition as well. Our positive experience with them at that time insures we go to them for all of our flooring needs.

Description of Work
Replace carpeting on two floors of our home.

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor

08/05/2014

Linda F.

After installation we determined that the manufacturer gave them the wrong shade of Oak. Even though it was not their fault, they came in, sanded it down and re coated it at no extra charge. Great Service.

Description of Work
They installed hardwood floor on a staircase.

Category carpet installation,floor cleaning

05/06/2014

James M.

Went to the store to look at flooring. The sales staff was responsive in allowing me to look and answered all my questions. It was when I narrowed my choices down (hardwood vs ceramic vs vinyl tile, etc) to one particular brand and style that things became difficult! I asked to take samples of the chosen one (different colors) and was told store policy was limited to 2 choices. I asked about getting a cost quote and when someone could look at the site conditions (existing flooring was over 25 years old and had issues). I was informed they give and quot;estimatesand quot; based on approximate square footage and to actually visit the home and look at it would be $75.00, which would be deducted from the cost if I proceeded to use them. In all my years I have NEVER paid for an estimate. In fact, I held a long term job in which that is what I did (in a related construction trade). New construction projects you can give a bid off of drawings or square footage, but a house 25 years old you need to look at the conditions. I have had windows, doors, HVAC replaced and always they came and measured ,looked at it ,and gave a quote. I proceeded to leave, drove to another dealer and what a world of difference. They answered all the same questions, gave me all the samples I asked for, and then some. Even gave hardwood flooring samples and offered to look at the project the next day. When I asked how much was the cost to come look, the owner got this puzzled look on his face and said and quot;no cost, no commitmentand quot;. Needless to say, this dealer did everything he said he would and it ended up his pricing was in my budget. I chose to go with him. Sorry Floormax!

Description of Work
Was to give me an estimate for removal/replace floor tile in kitchen, powder room, and entry foyer.

08/05/2013

Marjorie M.

We visited their showroom twice, brought measurements the second time and made our purchase within days. They helped us greatly by offering to store the merchandise in their warehouse for several weeks, until our contractor began the renovation. We greatly appreciated that.

Description of Work
Provided guidance on selection of a new floor for a home office and recreation space. They offered a variety of product choices, from which we made a purchase.

05/06/2013

jill Z.

i was very pleased with this transaction. Kurt was very helpful.

Description of Work
I ordered floor tiles for my bathroom. The color that i ordered was no longer available and the sales person immediately notified me when he found this out. i picked a different color. order was received before the expected time.

12/17/2012

Marjorie R.

Overall, the process was fine. although the carpet i selected initially was not available in the quantity needed, the sales person was able to give an upgrade at a better price. The carpet installers were quick and efficient, removing the old carpet and installing the new carpet in under 3 hours. The tile installers returned on a saturday to finish the job, rather than leave it uncompleted over the weekend.

Description of Work
Floormax replaced carpet in a lower level rec room/office and ceramic tile in a bathroom.

01/03/2012

Elise S.

It was very frustrating about the ordering. We had talked to them for a while and then decided not to do a huge remodel. This was just for a smaller job. Ray was the person who did not follow through with this work. The management has called me about this situation but they couldn't help me at that point. They had called me within a few days.

Description of Work
We purchased tile through them but it never was ordered.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

08/17/2011

Richard/Mary Q.

Their price stood out to me and the estimator was fine. I would use their services again.

Description of Work
We received an estimate from Floormax, A Carpet N Things Company in January for installing the floor in our kitchen.

Professional Carpet Restoration

We are a local, family owned business steam carpet cleaning, water damage remediation, maid cleaning, and drywall and painting services in Alexandria va, and the surrounding DMV area. We use top of the line truck-mount steam cleaning equipment, which is able to steam clean using ,over, 200 degrees water, and extracts water better than portable equipment. This allows us to provide a better quality clean than our competitors.

Naulas Hardwood Floor

Proud winner of the Angie’s List Super Service Award winner 7 years running, most recently in 2018. We stand behind our customer service and pride ourselves in offering quality service that lasts while maintaining the most affordable price for our customers, regardless of the project. We specialize in all aspects of hardwood flooring along with luxury vinyl plank and laminate flooring. Our technicians offer specialized knowledge in installation, repair and assembly and refinishing of both flooring and hand rails. We ensure our quality by using only the top products for the best results, accompanied with the most experienced technicians in the area. No subs. No travel charges. License number: 2705140304. We offer Free Estimates!

Quality flooring services llc

Specializing in FLOORING SERVICES! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Quality flooring services llc on Angi
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal, Financing Available

CARPET, VINYL, LAMINATE, CERAMIC TILE, HARDWOOD, AREA RUGS, SAND & FINISH EXISTING HARDWOOD FLOORS, REPAIR MOST TYPES OF FLOORING & RE-STRETCH CARPET.