Cityscapes Landscaping Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since August 2007

PO Box 3061

Silver Spring, MD 20918

Urban and suburban garden specialist, however we do large estates also. Our priority is to provide top quality services from design to installation and maintenance.

09/23/2014

Alison H.

They are a little high so I only use them every now and then. I use another landscaper in-between. I have a small front yard. They do well in this neighborhood with all the work they do and it always looks good but they are not cheap. I don't use them for plantings.

Description of Work
They did clean up.

Category lawn service

12/08/2013

Christopher C.

Description of Work
Remove and cut back ivy on four sides of a large brick house.

06/12/2013

Anne Wynne T.

We have used Cityscapes for over 4 years now and would not use any other company. Our plantings are becoming more mature and we are always complimented on our yard. Initially we had just the front space redesigned but then added the back yard and roof deck. Cityscapes has handled the design, delivery and planting of crape myrtles, rose bushes, all annuals, stone and mulch. I can recommend Joan and Cityscapes without reservation.

Description of Work
We have a house on Capitol Hill with a front yard, back yard and roof deck. Joan (Cityscapes) has designed and planted all three spaces.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel

04/10/2013

Michael E.

Overall, Cityscapes does very high quality work, from the consultation and design, through the installation, and on through follow-up maintenance.

Description of Work
Ms. Janssen designed a planter box installation for me, and she and her crew cleared the existing installation and replaced it with the new design. Ms. Janssen's design was delightfully appropriate, and her choice of plants was suitable for the location. The crew was efficient and professional, and the work was completed within about four hours. This was not the first time I have used Cityscapes. I actually engaged them for the first time in 2001, and have had them in on a couple of occasions. I have always found their work to be of the highest standard. I recommend them without reservation.

04/28/2011

Beth S.

i didn't use her

Description of Work
I left a message on Tuesday for the woman (sounded like her cell phone) to call me back re:landscaping that I wanted done on my front lawn. She took several days to call me back. She said she was very busy, but might be able to stop by to take a look at my property. I know what I want done and just need a price. It was supposed to rain on Friday and I was going to be working from home after 12, she said she would stop by (since she doesn't work in the rain). She said she would call otherwise and we could set up and appointment for and evening the following week. The entire call she sounded bothered by talking to me - like i was taking up her time. She sounded like she didnt have time for me. She never showed up that friday and never called me to set up an other appointment. due to her attitude i didnt bother calling her back and just figured i would find someone else.

Category landscaping

I keep detailed notes on all incoming calls and the repective conversations. I received your call on April 4 and I returned your call within a couple of days. As you stated in your report, I informed you that I was very busy, but I would TRY to get by your place. I was not able to because of my schedule, as it did not rain any Friday in the month of April 2011. Unfortunately, when someone calls during the busiest time of our season, I can't always get to their property and I was up front about that.

07/27/2010

Daniel K.

We were very pleased with our experience. Joan is a perfectionist, and a bulldog who will make sure all the suppliers do right by the client. She was responsive to our budget needs, very patient with us over a long permitting process, and always did what she said she would. And her vision for the space was exactly what we wanted. She handled our huge project wonderfully.

Description of Work
Joan of Cityscapes managed the complete overhaul of our Capitol Hill backyard. She designed the space, subcontracted the masonry, and handled all the landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry

11/14/2009

Julie K.

I called and left a message detailing the services I was interested in. I got a call back a couple of days later with a message left on voice mail. I missed the call by a couple of minutes and tried to return the call immediately, but just got voice mail again so I left another message. Then I never heard from them again.

Description of Work
Needed an estimate on yard work

Category landscaping

We did call back the next day and got in touch with you and you reported that you had hired someone else already.

08/30/2007

MAURICE L.

They do a wonderful job. I love how my yard looks all year. I have a beautiful yard without all the work. They always come and take care of the garden. I never have to call because of the weeds or dead plants. I recommend them.

Description of Work
At the beginning of the season they do drawings of what the garden will look like throughout the year. They maintain a 200 square foot garden in my yard. In the Spring they plant shrubs, plants and annuals. They weed, mulch and fertilize during the season. In the Fall they clean out the garden and get it ready for Spring. I pay them by the year.

The Chimney Doctor Nova Inc

COMPARE AND SAVE Family-owned and operated. Making homes safer for over 30 years. Servicing all or your Chimney and Masonry needs. Fast, friendly and reliable service completed in a professional manner. The Chimney Doctor NOVA, Inc. services all of Northern Virginia, Prince William & North Stafford County. We provide our customers with professional chimney cleaning and repair services at a reasonable cost without compromising on the quality you expect. Your safety comes first at our company and we stress the importance of having a healthy heating and venting system. Since we believe that your home's safety is of utmost importance, we offer FREE estimates on all repairs. We also offer FREE second opinions on estimates given for repair work by another company. The Chimney Doctor NOVA, Inc. is fully licensed, bonded, and insured.

David Ricard Masonry, LLC

If you're looking for high quality and personal service, you've come to the right place. At David Ricard Masonry we’ll take your ideas and turn them into beautiful artwork that always pleases our customers. Honest family business that has been serving the Washington DC area for over 12 years. Please call (571) 437-8957 24/7 to contact us for a free estimate now!

Exterior Medics

Exterior Medics is a premier home remodeling company, specializing in exterior replacement and repairs for both commercial and residential properties. When it comes to service and execution, we are unmatched. We've earned the Angie's List Super Service Award for 8 consecutive years, and are among just 2% of contractors nationwide to earn the GAF Master Elite status. Our team handles every project with utmost care and a laser-focused attention to detail. We consider every home we touch to be a reflection of our high standards, and treat every homeowner like a beloved member of our own family. Bonded and well insured. Licensed in both Maryland and Virginia.

Award 2022
    Offers by Exterior Medics on Angi

Landscaping design & installation, maintenance, consulting, walls, gates, walkways, fences, flower & tree boxes, small tree service, irrigation, weeding, leaf removal, mulching, pruning, edging, annual planting rotations, integrated pest management, seeding/sod, fertilizing, bamboo removal, pruning, ivy removal, pruning, wisteria removal, pruning, gutter cleaning & power washing.