BBC Construction/Remodeling LLC.

Founded 2000 • With Angi since February 2011

2301 Arcola Ave

Silver Spring, MD 20902

At BBC Construction we have been improving the quality of life of our customers for over 20 years through our hard work and personal dedication to every project completed. We deliver only the highest quality and we expect nothing less of ourselves. We value hard work, commitment, integrity, and time. We are a team of licensed, well experienced, and creative professionals. We look forward to completing and delivering your next project with 100% satisfaction! Call us today for your FREE ESTIMATE and from the BBC Construction family, thank you for visiting our profile....

04/09/2020

Minna W.

They were good. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They did a general remodel. They did my bathroom, porch, recessed lighting and ceiling.

Category decks,remodeling,home remodeling

11/01/2019

NATALIE G.

We had BBC assist us with a job in which part of it was covered by insurance while the other was not—this included new drywall, framing, paint and new baseboard molding in several rooms of our house. Fernando was able to breakdown the cost of the various components of this project to assist us in being able to submit to insurance. Most contractors that I called were not interested in providing us that level of detail with regard to the estimate. He was very patient while we worked with insurance for the sign off and once work was approved, We scheduled the work. Fernando and his team showed up everyday on time, the house was prepped impeccably and the quality of his team’s work exceeded our expectations. It is so hard finding a reliable and affordable contractor in the DMV. I look forward to working with BBC on our future projects and would highly recommend them to our friends.

Description of Work
Drywall, framing, painting,

Category drywall,handyman service,remodeling,interior painters

10/16/2019

Andrew B.

It went perfect. Did a great job. timely, good communication.

Description of Work
remodeled restroom

Category sunrooms

09/24/2019

Wendy S.

Excellent work and completed on time. Fernando made it very easy, and we were extremely pleased.

Description of Work
Siding repair

Category handyman service,remodeling

10/19/2018

Daniel P.

My water heater leaked and ruined much of the wood laminate flooring in my basement. I chose BBC based on the reviews here, i was not disappointed. Fernando suggested installed vinyl flooring and directed me to a wholesaler that had cheap materials. I purchased them ahead of time. They came out at 7:30am prompt and began working immediately. Fernando oversaw the beginning of the work and made sure there were enough materials. Everything went smoothly and they finished up (and cleaned up) the same day. Floor looks great.

Description of Work
Replace basement flooring

Category flooring contractor

07/17/2017

Amber C.

After my previous review, the owner of BBC reached out to me directly and informed me that as a team, their company discussed the review I left and collectively decided that they're going to do whatever it takes to fix the problem--no questions asked. The next week the BBC team descended on my house and addressed all of the write-ups in one day. Without any additional cost. I also noticed that Fernando Tamara also displayed signs that he took the negative comments I cited earlier to heart. ::::Initiative:::: He actually coordinated an HVAC/Mechanical tech to come out and perform the fix, and worked with them to ensure the job was done--a departure from my previous experience with this type of arrangement. ::::Organization:::::: I was informed at least 72 hours in advance of a final inspection, instead of the night before or the day of ::::Communication:::: Discussed all possible solutions to the problem before doing any work giving me an option a,b, or c and the pro's and con's for each...but more importantly he executed the agreed upon plan without any unplanned changes to design or concept without my prior approval. Also arrived two hours early for final inspection. I'm not sure if he was just minding his P's and Q's with me because I pulled his card in person and online--but I did notice that Fernando did improve in the areas that I had addressed with him in person and in my previous review--hopefully Fernando can see the value in that advice in order to continue to have success with the customer base. I also learned how to be a better customer as well by being slower to anger--and I know I pushed their tolerance to extreme limits--but I have to ensure that my home is safe for my family at all costs. All in all, even though it didn't have to get to this point, I'm satisfied and I'm glad and recognize that BBC Construction is a company that really does value their customers and actually WANTS to do a good job. Furthermore they can also admit to when they don't meet those expectations and work to resolve it--if the customer is willing to give them a chance. I also was glad to hear that they discuss problems internally as a team and work together to reach amicable resolutions. Fernando Tamara of BBC Construction and my County Inspector just left my home, and I'm happy to report that we've finally passed our final inspection and our home is officially safe and sound. It was a bumpy road at times, but all that matters now is that the job is done, everything is closed out and the reviews online are still glowing. Keep in mind that this was my experience, but recognize that in the end-- this is a business that does actually care about getting the job done right.

Description of Work
Full kitchen renovation

12/31/2016

Steven L.

If you are a little obsessed with having things be perfect, then be wary of most generic 5 star reviews on contractors. Most customers are very happy with a very average job and do not go around double checking their contractor's work with a laser level. And of the few freaks who do, most do not have a cow about seeing things a degree off axis or unevenly spaced by fractions of an inch. I am not most people. Here is my honest assessment on their work. Executive summary: Fernando, who estimated and managed the project, has lots of experience putting up tiles and common issues that lesser experienced contractors might normally face. This got me the results I wanted. Minute details of what I liked, for those who want to **** out with me on this topic: Fernando knows the capabilities of his team and plans out details in a way that will get you the result you want. For example: 1) Fernando recommended a 3/8" grout gap between my tiles. This is a relatively large gap. Obviously smaller gaps look cleaner. However, the benefits of a large gap are that small deviations of +/- 1/16" are not easily perceptible. Unless you are willing to spend 3x on labor to lay tiles to extreme tolerances (not easy when each tile is 12x24" and very heavy), you are going to have a bad time if you ask for thin grout lines, and the tiler does not install them with robotic precision. End result - very good looking consistent tiles. If you go in and measure the gaps, sure, you will see a maximum deviation of up to 1/8" in some grout gaps, but I am convinced it is impossible to do any better than that without adding more man-hours to the job (i.e., dollars & time). Most other contractors who saw that I had tiles with very little tolerance (i.e., very consistent size) said I could go with a 1/8" gap. I actually went with another contractor and followed their advice in another bathroom of my home, and it ended up terrible. When your gap is 1/8", then even tiny deviations of +/- 1/16" will result in grout lines that are 1x-3x different in width. I will be posting a review of one of these contractors as well shortly. 2) Fernando was adamant about the time required to complete this job, and it was approximately twice as many days as his competition. I appreciated that he built in some slack in his schedule to deal with unforseen issues. His team completed the work on time. For my second bathroom, I decided not to go with Fernando at BBC and went with a competitor based on price. I saved maybe $300 and regretted it. I should have just hired Fernando again.

Description of Work
Demolished bathroom floor & wall tile; installed new porcelain floor & glass wall tile. Lots of contractors had no experience with large format glass tiles. 12x24 glass tiles on the wall, 12x24 porcelain tiles on floor.

Category ceramic tile,home remodeling

03/27/2015

Holly E.

I had made an offer on a house that was being sold "as-is" and needed work. My real estate agent referred me to Fernando as one of the few contractors willing to give an estimate for work on a house under contract and mentioned he had great reviews on Angie's List. I was in the 10-day contingency period during which I had to decide whether or not to buy the house and the estimate was essential for making that decision. Fernando met me at the house, but was late. We spent over an hour going from room to room during which he took measurements and notes. At one point he went outside to take a call that lasted over a half hour. Both the realtor and I needed to leave; she had to ask him to come back inside to finish the walk-through. When Fernando left, he said he would be in touch with me with the estimate. We had agreed that his quote would not include materials, only labor, which was fine since the cost of fixtures, tiles, paint, etc. wouldn't be known until the plan details had been worked out. It was a tight turnaround time because my contingency period expired in two days, but I was clear that I needed a "rough draft" estimate before the end of the second day. I called him the afternoon of the second day, a Friday. He was clearly in the middle of something and said he wouldn't be able to get me a quote until Monday. I was stunned. I asked if he could give me just a ballpark range before 9:00 p.m. that evening. He said he couldn't. My realtor asked for an extension of the contingency until Monday evening however the seller was out of the country and could not be reached. Come Monday, I still wanted his estimate, but in spite of multiple attempts to reach him by phone and e-mail, never received a response. At this point I have no choice but to go forward with buying the house and can only hope the cost of repairs will not be exorbitant. Had he given me any indication he was too busy or not interested in the job, I could have tried to find someone else and requested an extension of the contingency period while there was still plenty of time instead of at the 11th hour. I have no idea about the quality of his work but can attest to his complete lack of professionalism.

Description of Work
Fernando met me to prepare an estimate for the cost of repairs to a the house I was purchasing "as is" including repairing exterior wood damage, interior water damage, painting, etc. I never received an email or return phone call, much less an estimate.

Category ceramic tile,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

07/19/2014

LAURA F.

Fernando and crew exceeded expectations. They were amazing. We will have them back in the near future to perform additional work, you cannot go wrong.

Description of Work
Corrected work done by another contractor plus some general maintenance.

07/01/2014

Sally D.

Very Favorably. Its my first experience with a professional contractor. He, Fernando and his crew, did a fantastic job all in all. He supplied the labor and sometimes would tell me where to go but I shopped the materials so I got what I wanted. He came by for a quick estimate and two months later began demolition. There was a small language problem. I had my Spanish speaking Niece on call, although she never HAD to come over. Soon I learned that every single business, worker (except Lumber Liquidators) that I dealt with had a language barrier. I loved the counter top boys from Stone International, they were from Mongolia originally, the receptionist also had an accent I needed to listen very carefully but she was very helpful and efficient. The entire crew from BBC spoke little to no english. Since this was the first time designing, building,etc, for me, I did feel I lost a lot in translation and I finally just gave it up to the Gods! They had access to the house, a couple of Home Depot gift cards and six weeks later they were done. I think the craftsmanship is really beautiful. I know they took great pride in their work and I love the result.There aren't to many dos and donand quot;ts but here goes: I would do it again. I would clean out my refrigerator in advance. I would pay closer attention to all sales, even Amazon. I shopped for the kitchen faucet and led lights and globes on line. I would ask for a timeline so I could better shop for the materials and they would arrive on time and on sale! Fernando did a good job juggling these variables and keeping me on track for what needed to be purchased and when. He was with me shopping ffor the cabinets. That was awesome, helpful and unexpected (maybe because of the language barrier). We had talked about the counter top but he was not at the house when the final measurements were taking and I made some questionable choices!! Storage of materials was a definite problem in my small house.The floor lay in the living room for close to three weeks.I knew he was doing more than my job at the same time but mostly felt I was his priority. On more than one occasion did he and his workers put my schedule first. ie.,I had visiting family and he got the floor down just in time. I would take the cost of trash removal and or recycling into greater consideration. This was not a green job. I would also pay closer to the electrician. He was more the technician versus the design artist. I would aalso get ear plugs! And I would get a cleaning service for once they are finished to help clean the construction aftermath. I tried to cover everything but the dust and dirt gets everywhere. I have a drop ceiling in the basement under the kitchen which is going to be a big mess to clean. And None of my neighbors complained even when they started at 730am on a Saturday! As I sit here in my wonderful kitchen I am very glad Fernando and Company did the work. Well worth it. He and I stayed pretty close to my budget.

Description of Work
Demolished the old kitchen and constructed a beautiful new one.