AMERICAN LANDSCAPING INC

American Landscaping

01/07/2018

Luis V.

It went very well

Description of Work
I bought seasoned firewood.

Category firewood

11/24/2015

Mary B.

Category hardscaping

10/29/2015

Vincent B.

Description of Work
Very good crew built a patio and fence.Owner is very knowledgeable on all types of projects, patios, fences, retaining walls, tree removal, grading and drainage.

05/28/2015

Michael G.

Service was decent but they broke items repeatedly. The management makes excuses and takes no responsibility for their employees. Terrible customer service. Also, watch out for "workers" taking naps on your lawn.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping

We have been providing mowing and landscape maintenance service to client since spring of 2014. They were happy with our service and price and hired us back again this year to provided the same service. Last year we damaged their mailbox while manipulating a tight area. We reported the damage immediately and made initial repairs which the client was not happy with so we ordered additional special order parts and made additional repairs to satisfy our client because customer service is very important. On May 20 our client accused us of doing damage that was actually caused from deliberate acts and not from an accident. We informed him that we were not responsible for what someone had clearly done deliberately and he terminated our service. Had the damage been from an accident our men could have possible done we would have remedied the situation immediately. We have been in business for 40 years and take pride in our work and customer satisfaction.

09/29/2014

Syed-Ali H.

In mid-September 2014, I called and set up an initial consult for a few days later. The consult showed up exactly on time, viewed the area, and said he would give me a quote. There was some mix-up with getting the quote emailed but, nevertheless, I had a proposed contract for the work within a week. I made minor changes to it and sent it off with my initial deposit. There is a processing fee to pay be credit card (something like 1 or 2% of the contract amount) so I opted to pay be check since I was in no rush to get the job done. Almost exactly a week after sending off the contract, I got a call to setup the appointment time. A week's time is reasonable when you consider the mail time for the check to arrive and for it to clear the bank. On the day of the appointment, the landscapers got here on time and started immediately. It was two guys who worked almost non-stop for about 5 hours. They worked diligently and left everything very neat and tidy. In addition to clearing the area behind the shed, they laid down plastic sheeting and rocks to help drain the water which was a nice touch. They also used a blower to blow away any extra sediment and small debris that was on my driveway from the hauling. Excellent job and would use them again.

Description of Work
Grind a 3'-4' wide tree stump and seed the area for grass; clear a 3' x 12' rectangular area behind my shed where water was not draining by removing layers of dirt, construction debris, and leaves; and haul debris (construction and landscaping) from the backyard.

Category hauling services, landscaping, hardscaping

06/18/2014

Andrew D.

Description of Work
We needed a range of services from cutting down a dead three-story tree to grinding down a stump and planting new trees. American Landscaping was responsive and did a great job with everything. We would absolutely use them again.

04/05/2013

patricia O.

Wonderful experience! Very friendly and professional workers. Always arrived on time for schedule appointments. Work area was left neat and clean. The knowledge and advice that was given to us by far exceeded the other companies we spoke with. Allowing for us to have the job done correctly saved us a great deal of headache and future expenses to get it redone correctly. Went above and beyond walking us through the entire process and explaining the whole procedure to us. I highly recommend them for any job if you are looking to have the work done correctly the first time.

Description of Work
In the fall of last year we decided to fill in our very large back yard pool and have a block wall and iron gate surrounding it removed. We were unsure of the exactly how we were going to utilize the back area and were looking for some design tips as well. I contacted three different companies to come out and give us a estimate. Of those three companies, my husband and I found American Landscaping(met with owner, James) to be the most professional, and more importantly, by far the most knowledgeable about the work we needed done. He was extremely helpful in giving us some great suggestions on design options. We originally were hoping to have the whole thing filled in and seeded almost immediately. Two of the companies said that would be no problem. American Landscaping was the only company adamant about the importance of allowing the settling of the dirt prior to seeding the lawn. They came out in the fall on their scheduled day and time, completed the work in a very timely manner. They filled the pool and compressed the dirt. We allowed the area to settle over the winter, and finished filling in a couple weeks ago. They were 100% correct, the area did settle, about 4 inches. Had we gone with either of the other two companies, our newly planted grass would have been 4 inches below the patio!

04/03/2013

Ramona M. H.

I called American Landscaping Inc for an estimate. They sent someone out for an estimate and gave me their recommendations and I wanted to talk it over with my husband. So the guy who came out for the estimate came back a second time and had changed our contract adding the modifications that my husband wanted to. We paid a deposit of $500 and after my husband made his modifications to the contract they told us it would be an additional $300. I even rushed to the post office the Friday of that week to make sure they got their money as soon as possible. So at this point I had already given this company a total of $800. Following the additional deposit they were supposed to send the contract and they did not. I never heard anything from them. So I called and the lady who answered the phone said they would get someone out to us right away. They were supposed to start the following week, I told them I was going to be out of town, but we wanted work done because I wanted to celebrate my birthday on the patio (out where the landscaping was being done). After all this hassle they told me they could start and guaranteed the work to be done by birthday. They put me off over and over, until I decided to go with another company. We had an email exchange for a few days, one of which she told me she had spoken to my husband and he ok'd a later start date, which was a bare-face lie because my husband never spoke to anyone. I decided I could not wait any longer as my birthday was quickly approaching. They wouldn't't give me deposit back, so I decided to hire another contractor, which made them very upset. They never did anything about the money we gave them and I never got my money back.

Description of Work
I had American Landscaping Inc out for an estimate and had signed a contract with them as well.

Category landscaping

The statements made by (Member name removed) are false, slanderous and misleading. On June 27th we submitted a contract to (Member name removed) via e-mail. We received a signed contract dated July 9th. On July 10 she requested a price for additional work. We sent her another contract via e-mail for the extra work. On Thursday July 12 she signed and returned the second contract agreement. We called her home to schedule the job and she was not home so we spoke to her husband and told him we would begin the job the following Wednesday July 18 in the afternoon or Thursday July 19 in the morning and he said that would be fine. On Monday July 16 she sent an e-mail stating that we had failed to come as required. We responded by e-mail and also called to try to speak to her. On Tuesday we went to her home to try and speak to her personally and discovered she had hired an unlicensed company to do the job for her simply disregarding a signed contract agreement she had made with us. The value of the contracted work was $2700.00. We never changed any dates and though we had never heard anything about her birthday her job would have been completed by the time she wanted. Her statements regarding what transpired are simply false.

01/06/2010

Al B.

All told, it ended up being about 2 chords of wood which they split, stacked very well and cleaned up. I was very impressed with their work.

Description of Work
I have used them in the past for firewood, but I had a large amount of cut trees and needed them to split and stack for me.

09/26/2008

DAVID S.

The services were great. They showed up on time. The people were very professional. They wrote up contracts and stuck to their contracts. Their products and services are all very good.

Description of Work
American Landscaping did mulching and a lawn clean-up. They cleaned up all of the flowerbeds, hauled away all of the leaves, and did a complete clean-up of everything in my yard.

07/03/2008

CHERISSE G.

I called up American Landscaping to apply new seeding for our lawn. They removed the lawn and retained the entire back yard. We live at the bottom of a hill and they made sure water didn't collect. If I had any problems I can contact them and they will show up to do any repairs.

Description of Work
I had a lawn installed by them.

09/29/2005

THESE WORKERS ARE VERY GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO. I AM VERY HAPPY AND SATISFIED WITH THEIR WORK AND THEIR SERVICES. THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND PLEASANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH. THEY DO AN EXCELLENT JOB.

Description of Work
BUILT A ROCK WALL.

Category hardscaping

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

Yard Enhancement Services LLC

Locally owned and operated full-service landscaping company

Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services .

Landscaping, Hardscaping, Paving.