ABW Appliances Showroom: Silver Spring

Founded 1968 • With Angi since March 2005

4.4

8951 Brookville Rd

Silver Spring, MD 20910

We understand that the kitchen is the heart of the home, which is why we work hard to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere that can be used for family dinners and holidays. With six store locations surrounding the Baltimore and Washington DC metropolitan area, ABW Appliances provides builders,

08/07/2021

dale N.

Purchased and had installed built in microwave. It went smoothly.

Description of Work
Purchased and installed a microwave

06/29/2019

Harold V.

The refrigerator had been dripping water, and ice had been accumulating in the freezer. We suspected that the icemaker was leaking. However, the repairman simply snaked out a condensation drain hose, and the problem disappeared. We were impressed both by his professionalism and by his honesty - he could easily have replaced the icemaker, and we would have been none the wiser.

Description of Work
Repair Liebherr refrigerator

Category appliance repair

Thank you so much for the nice review. We always like to hear when we not only meet, but beat our clients expectations. Please keep us in mind for any future appliance needs. Thanks

06/18/2019

Amy D.

I spent over $25K on appliances at ABW. The customer service along the way was atrocious. I only continued with the order because my contractor and architect assured me the extremely poor service was an anomaly. Fast forward several months. The appliances were delivered. They were not installed properly (fridge doors are scratched, out of alignment, stacking kit nor water lines for washer/dryer were installed, and the range was installed with all the packing material still on it and it wasn't level nor the burners adjusted, etc etc). Called to have them out again. They missed their 8am-12pm window (arrived at 8:30pm then didn't want to do the work cuz it was late - ended up with fridge doors that were even worse than before they arrived). Rescheduled again for an 8am-12pm window. They never showed and said they'd need to reschedule. Apparently $25K+ in appliances isn't worth their time. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH ABW!

Description of Work
New appliances

Category appliance sales

Good morning [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. It is clear that our communication with you caused several issue that we have to and will own. I understand that there are still some outstanding issues that need attention and I have been in contact with my team this morning and they will be calling you to correct immediately. We take customer service very seriously and its clear that we absolutely dropped the ball. Again thank you for expressing your frustration and I will make sure we make things right. Thank you. Ryan Simon CEO

12/20/2018

pallas C.

worst company i have ever had to deal with. one of the most expensive appliances i purchased, a dishwasher, was faulty and they would not allow me to return the unit even after a tech was dispatched to fix it and he could not do so. my only option was to have ANOTHER tech come out-and who knows how many it would take. i had purchased a NEW (i assumed) appliance, and i expected to have a NEW appliance installed and one that would work. This is their company policy-nice scam!!!

Description of Work
purchased all appliances for a kitchen remodel

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

09/20/2017

Michael & Barbara T.

They rescheduled on me a few times. Yes, I would use them again.

Description of Work
Sold me a stove

12/28/2016

Judith U.

It took a total of 6 hours (2 hours spent by my contractor and HVAC contractor plus 2 -2 hour visits from ABW ) to get the blower motor installed. Wolf had changed the design of the blower and failed to include a bracket needed for installation. When the problem was identified, there was no sense of urgency to get the job completed and not once did anyone at the company apologize for the inconvenience to me - until I asked for an apology. Complete disregard for the customer.

Description of Work
I purchased Kitchen Aid double ovens, Sub Zero 24 inch wine cooler, 2 sub zero beverage drawers, a 36 inch Wolf Induction cooktop with downdraft and blower.

Category appliance repair, appliance sales, home remodeling

06/26/2015

Ingrid M.

Service people Antonio and Todd came on Time and did a perfect Service. No problems, very polite and clean. Appliance Builders Wholesale a excellent Service Company I would recommend to everybody! You could not find a better company! Ingrid M. Bethesda, Maryland

Description of Work
repair my Miele Washer

05/05/2015

Janice S.

Very professional, clean and quick. They had to come back after determining they needed to order a part. They were very clear about the cost in the beginning.

Description of Work
Fixed the ignition system for a old six-burner Viking Range and found and repaired a small gas leak.

Category appliance repair, gas leak repair

03/31/2015

Becka L.

When we initially saw the leak on the floor from the freezer, we thought someone left the door open but eventually we found that it actually came from the freezer. We did some internet searching only to find that multitudes of people have complained about this same thing. Even to the point of replacing their fridge/freezer. Apparently it is a design flaw. ABW made a service call. Everything worked fine for about a week but the problem reappeared. Called ABW back on a Monday and they came out the next day for a more extensive fix that included a kit from the manufacturer. ABW only charged us for the part upon the second visit and did not charge an additional trip/labor charge. We were very pleased with ABW scheduling the service -- Thank you Brooke, Pablo, and others. And many thanks to Todd, the technician. He was very professional, efficient, and took care not to damage our wood kitchen floor. He even arrived earlier that our scheduled appointment -- but called first to make sure it was OK. Will definitely buy our next appliance from ABW because their service is top notch.

Description of Work
Fixed the Jenn Air Fridge/Freezer issue related to defrosting - refreezing - ice dam - resulting to a water leak on the floor.

03/31/2015

Kerry C.

They were very polite the entire time. This company is a little expensive. When they came out to look at my Jenn Air cook top the tech cracked the glass on the top. Two months went by and they continued to make plans to come out and replace cook top. I also had had to keep changing my plans in order to accommodate them. They finally came out, but with the wrong cook top. I declined this. They told me that that specific item was no longer in stock but they would give me a new one at their cost. When they finally came back to put the glass top in, they charged me $309 for the service call.

Description of Work
They came out to look at my Jenn-Air cook top

01/16/2015

Paul B.

I bought my KitchenAid appliances from ABW about a year ago and the warranty period has recently come to term. I genuinely like the people at ABW and I feel that I got a good value price-wise. My problem has been that we've needed about 8 service visits since installation. Half the visits were needed to get the dishwasher to work right and the other half have been to resolve pitting and rusting on the stainless steel finish of the dishwasher and the refrigerator. I'd pick ABW again for sure, but maybe I'd get some good advice about how to better pick reliable products

Description of Work
purchase of kitchen appliances

10/13/2014

Joel R.

They were excellent across the board. This was the first time I used them. I just compared around and I liked their kitchen appliances, and that's what I wanted. I liked their pricing and I just liked dealing with them. They were very good.

Description of Work
I used them for appliance sales. I bought a new refrigerator, oven, microwave and dishwasher.

08/04/2014

jacek N.

it was delivered on time and installed

Description of Work
we purchased a refrigerator from them and they have installed it in our kitchen and serviced it

01/05/2014

jennie T.

They worked well with our kitchen renovators and kept the appliances at the warehouse until it was ready for install.

Description of Work
We did a full kitchen renovation with all new appliances. We met Harry at the Silver Spring show room initially. He was very helpful and helped us decide on the appliances. We finished working with Harry and ultimately bought all our appliances with Harry. He was so helpful we went out to Ashburn to complete the transaction with him. They were very helpful is accommodating a changing time line of appliance install. |We love our new alliances. We purchased electrolux induction cooktop, hood, microwave and oven.

Category appliance sales, home remodeling

08/22/2013

Kristin A.

In response to my review on 8/22 I received a phone call from ABW's production manager today. I was impressed that he took immediate action and responded to my concerns. They addressed the issues internally and he also offered me a complimentary extended warranty on my appliances to make up for the inconvenience experienced. I am very pleased with the responsiveness and will be happy to continue doing business with them. Thank you ! Roy Guinter is fabulous; it's a pleasure working with him. He is knowledgeable and always provides me with useful guidance in what appliances to purchase. I never regretted buying anything from him. I highly recommend him. However, the feedback today is related to ABW's production team which has totally dropped the ball on my last delivery for a bathroom. The production team member provided me with wrong delivery dates on two occasions costing me additional moneys for the contractor and aggravation because we demolished the bathrooms 2 weeks ago when the first delivery was and quot;confirmedand quot;. So in addition to costs, I am without a bathroom for two weeks for no reason. The person I dealt with was simply not helpful and instead of researching the actual shipping and delivery information kept promising dates that didn't materialize. I would work with Roy again and buy from ABW but the production team has to improve their service delivery considerably.

Description of Work
I purchased all my kitchen appliances and bathroom equipment from ABW. This is the second time I am working with them on a major remodeling project. .

01/29/2013

Johanna & Henry M.

We had a Jennaire slide-in range in the home with purchase. The keypad went out on the range and Jennaire got Sears to service it. Jennaire and Sears' customer service was terrible. Sears was prompt but did nothing other than say it would be $500 to fix and probably not worth the repair in an older range. I called Jennaire and complained -- the range was only 6 years old -- they did nothing. I decided to look on Angie's list before talking to anyone about ranges again. ABW had excellent ratings so I went there. Their ratings are warranted. They did an excellent job. We ended up buying a floor model professional grade free standing range. Installation was $195. There was a 1 year warranty with the product. Everyone from sales to service did a phenomenal job getting the range quickly installed before a weekend we were hosting family. After the weekend I called them with a few concerns (the light wasn't working inside the range, it seemed off balance, and the oven wasn't properly igniting). All these things were under warranty, they quickly fixed. They are now headed back as I have smelled a faint gas smell since it was leveled and it has me worried. I called them this morning and they are sending someone this morning. What's more, when they first installed the range, they noticed that the previous Jennaire cord must have been too short and the previous electrical wiring dangerous. They fixed it all for us and used a different, properly wired electrical outlet. All in all, they are dealing with my questions/concerns/etc., with a tremendous attitude, quick response and unbelievable service. I've really appreciated that I can so rely on them. Never would have gotten this from Sears/other big box stores.

Description of Work
Very impressed with customer service, warranty and all follow up.

01/02/2013

Bruce M.

The company sent a technician to our home to view what was involved in the job. They then suggested a cook top that was very attractively priced on sale. The installation went well and the gas line was well hidden, so it did not detract from the look of our home. The cook top needed some work, which was performed well but took several weeks because the measurements were wrong. The company persisted and everything was done right in the end. We paid the entire bill on delivery, but ABW followed up on all work needed to make the job perfect even though they had already been paid. We were impressed.

Description of Work
Appliance Builders Wholesalers, Inc. installed a new gas line and gas cook top.

09/14/2012

Ginny R.

We purchased several appliances from ABW for our recent kitchen renovation which included a KitchenAid microwave oven. Unfortunately we have had many problems with the oven, but ABW has been there for us every step of the way and has never let us down. Their service manager has always given timely responses to our concerns and has gone out of her way to resolve the repair issues and accomodate our schedule. The service technicians have been pleasant, communicative, and respectful of our home. I have no hesitation recommending ABW to others looking to purchase appliances.

Description of Work
Appliance Builders Wholesalers both sold and serviced appliances for our kitchen renovation earlier this year (2012).

07/22/2011

Leslie L.

I was very happy to find a local store where I could get the help I needed for more than just a delivery. The fellow I dealt with, Clayton Lugo was polite, patient, knowledgeable and I would go back to ABW next time before chasing all over the internet and the "big box" stores.

Description of Work
Purchased an over-the-range microwave oven from their Rockville store. After a frustrating experience with Home Depot, I was happy to find the price at ABW was competitive even with some on-line stores. Home Depot came to install a new microwave a week or so prior and left when they discovered that the replacement model (an LG) was slightly taller than the old unit (an Amana). The very helpful and pleasant salesman at ABW said they would send Pro Home Improvement to do the install and they would not charge any more than the standard installation fee unless they found a particularly difficult situation. They did a fine job and ABW gets high marks from us start to finish. No extra charge.

07/21/2011

janet M.

The experience went smoothly from start to finish. The hardest part was finding the location in Silver Spring! The sales associate was Bruce Yaffe. He was very helpful, providing pros and cons of appliance options. He answered additional questions that we had and provided additional prices. The appliances arrived when they were supposed to. The contractor installed them. We have no complaints.

Description of Work
Appliance Builders Wholesale We bought appliances for kitchen that we remodeled. Sales representative was knowledgable about the various options for a gas stove, refrigeratior, microwave and dishwasher. He was able to match prices from competitors and he provided extra info when we had questions about additional appliances. The appliances were delivered when the contractor had requested and we have been happy with their performance so far.

07/19/2011

Chris F.

Very positive; my only complaint was that it was difficult to get a hold of the company (went constantly into voicemail). However, once the service was scheduled, everything went smoothly.

Description of Work
We had our dishwasher serviced. The technician was excellent, and he gave us some good tips on how to keep the machine running.

06/24/2011

Elizabeth D.

we Bought a house with all Viking appliances which I thought was great until it came time to repair one. Apparently there are very few repair people that will fix a Viking appliance, which is how we came to choose Appliance Builders. Our original complaint was the dishwasher leaked. They sent someone to diagnose the problem, and I was disappointed to find that they charge $125 just to tell you what the problem is instead of giving you a free estimate. They do, however, apply this fee towards the repairs that need to be made. They determined that we needed a new seal around the dishwasher drum and ordered the part. They came to repair it at another date, but then the door wouldnt stay closed once they fixed the seal. They had to come back again to replace the latch which they said was the source of the problem, but after that repair the dishwasher still wouldn't close. They ended up having to come back two more times until the problem was finally fixed, which, needless to say was a lot of wasted time and frustration on my part. The service responsiveness is hit or miss. They will call and give you a 2 hour window of when they will come, and they will show up on time somedays and late other days. I think on at least two occasions they told me they had to reschedule my appointment or that the technician would be arriving much later than the 2 hour window which was annoying. I also found it ridiculous that it took about 5 visits before they finally fixed our problem, but the plus side is that they only charged me for the initial visit and for the cost of two parts, which were inexpensive. They technicians are friendly and tried to solve the issues we had, but I was so irritated that I had to invest so much time in calling them over and over again and waiting two plus hours each time for them to arrive. I think I would only use Appliance Builders again because they are one of the few companies that repair the Viking brand and not because I particularly wanted to.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair. Replaced seal, latch, assessed problems and repaired them over the course of several visits.

03/10/2011

Jennifer C.

ABW was recommended to me by Bosch, the manufacturer of my kitchen range, when the oven door on my kitchen range would no longer close properly. The service people at ABW knew immediately what the problem was and what part would be needed to repair it. Bosch covered the cost of the part and immediately faxed the authorization to ABW. When the part arrived at ABW they called me right away to schedule the repair. ABW's repair person came on time, made the repair correctly, and cleaned up and removed all trash. I would definitely use ABW again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
replacement of door on Bosch dual-fuel range

01/25/2011

Thomas B.

I was very happy with my experience there. They don't offer much in the way of discounts, but they were very helpful in selecting the appliances and everything arrived fine.

Description of Work
We purchased a refrigerator, an oven range system, dishwasher and microwave through them.

01/12/2011

samuel M.

The thing is not fixed yet but I like the quite a lot. It is apparently a complicated job so he’s spent a lot of time here. The price is still up in the air and I don't have the bill so I don't know how that will pan out. We chose him because of his ranking on Angie's List and he seems very knowledgeable. He is terrific, he has followed up, and he came out exactly when he said he was going to.

Description of Work
A technician from Appliance Builders Wholesalers has tried to fix a burner on our stove twice.

Aladdin Carpet & Floors

Established in 1986, Aladdin Carpet & Floors is a local and family owned business. Starting it's operation from a basement of town home in early 1986 by four brothers and one sister, they were able to open it's first small showroom on Quince Orchard Blvd in the same year. Since then, other family members have joined the company. Currently, Aladdin has a 40 thousands square feet distribution center in Hagerstown, Md, a showroom design center with attached warehouse in Rockville, MD and a showroom with detached warehouse in Gaithersburg, MD. Aladdin Carpet is licensed and services Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC. Aladdin Carpet also has an online store at aladdincarpetoutlet.com, launched in 2012. Aladdincapetoutlet.com offers over 2300 flooring products to clients throughout the United States and growing. Visit aladdincarpetreviews.com to read real reviews from past and current customers of Aladdin Carpet & Floors. PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR GAITHERSBURG LOCATION AS WELL AT: 7400-H Lindbergh Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879.

Offers by Aladdin Carpet & Floors on Angi
    Avenel Home Improvement

Avenel Home Improvement has transformed countless homes in the DC Metropolitan region with renovations that reflect each individual homeowner’s vision and personality. Beginning with the initial walk through of the space, whether it’s a dated kitchen, a dysfunctional bathroom, an unfinished basement, or anything in between, we incorporate your ideas with our expertise to start the transformation of your home. Though Avenel was established at the turn of the century, our experience extends well beyond that. For years prior, our general contractors gained experience in the fields of tiling, carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, flooring, and painting. Our experience even extends beyond the interior walls of the house with our countless decking projects. As our name suggests, we are truly a comprehensive home improvement company. We hope you will choose to work with Avenel Home Improvement in your next transformational project to rejuvenate your home.

Offers by Avenel Home Improvement on Angi
    Chesapeake Kitchen Design

**Due to overwhelming demand we are only doing full kitchen and bathroom remodels at this time** Chesapeake Kitchen Design has been beautifying kitchens for over 40 years. We pride ourselves on the quality of our workmanship, professional business practices and our dedication to our clients’ satisfaction. We welcome input while offering our guidance to insure a cost effective and successful project. Call us to discuss your next kitchen design today! http://www.chesakitdes.com

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

With our highly trained appliance consultants, we provide product knowledge to help you make informed choices for your appliance needs. We created our very own in-house service department to ensure you luxury service through the lifetime use of your appliances. We even provide delivery and factory authorized installation. We accept online quotes. No appliance job is too big or too small. We serve the needs of major homebuilders and DIYs.