Arundel Home Inspection LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since April 2011

636 Benfield Road

Severna park, MD 21146

Home Inspection, Radon Testing, Termite Inspections, Baltimore County Rental Inspections...

06/26/2020

Thuy W.

John was amazingly thorough and took the time to talk to us about everything he was inspecting, what his thought process was, and what his recommendations were. We never felt rushed. He was great and we highly recommend him!

Description of Work
New home inspection

03/17/2016

Deborah C.

I wasn't sure if I should have a home inspection as I was buying a foreclosure that was "as is" so there was no money to squeeze out of the seller. The inspection was well worth the investment. While I had looked the house over very well he caught things I had not noticed. He provided an extremely detailed report and I was able to make an informed purchase. I clearly understood problem areas that needed attention. The small investment gave me piece of mind....priceless!

Description of Work
Mr. Dirks inspected my 4 story townhouse. I most highly recommend him for a home inspection! He was prompt, professional, qualified, and through. He provided me with an extremely comprehensive report that included specific images of each item. He also discussed options for repairs. He is extremely knowledgeable!

02/03/2016

Lee M.

Description of Work
Excellent job

07/20/2015

Angela D.

If you are looking for a home inspector, LOOK NO FURTHER! John is wonderful and I'd be willing to bet he is the best inspector around. We needed a home inspection and termite inspection for a foreclosure we were under contract on. John (unlike other inspectors I contacted) was able to do both and his prices were very competitive. He was extremely responsive to emails, on time, polite, and most importantly extremely knowledgeable. He enjoys his job and it shows in the time, care and precision he takes while inspecting all parts of the home. He is also a wonderful communicator before, during and after the process. During the inspection, he went through every part of the house with a fine tooth comb, took his time and left no stone unturned. He kept my husband and I in the loop, showing us his pictures, taking time to explain the good with the bad of his findings and answering our questions completely and thoughtfully. We received our inspection report just hours after our evening inspection on a Friday night and it included great details and many organized pictures to illustrate the problems (with this foreclosure there were MANY problems). Unlike many buying a home, we actually had a copy of an inspection that was done on the house by another well rated inspector about a month prior to our inspection. John's inspection BLEW THE OTHER OUT OF THE WATER. There was no comparison in the knowledge, detail and depth John went into. John's report was far more extensive and inclusive and John found numerous items the other inspector did not even notice or mention. Lastly, we have submitted our report to several trusted professionals in the home improvement industry and each and every one has stated how impressed they are with John's report and findings and that he is clearly a top notch inspector. Do not hesitaite to hire John as your inspector. In fact, do yourself a favor and call John now.

Description of Work
Home inspection and termite inspection

02/23/2015

Steve S.

John was excellent, he really helped us out. We wanted to get an inspection of our home before beginning an extensive renovation in preparation for sale. Wanted to make sure there weren't any unexpected issues with our house that would strain our budget before we started work. John was on time, highly knowledgeable and detail oriented. He carefully walked through the outside and inside of our home. Even went up on our snowy roof to check on it's condition. The pre-sale inspection is an excellent value, cheaper than a full blown inspection but detailed enough to highlight areas that need to be fixed before listing. Thanks John for your help!!

Description of Work
John provided us a pre-sale home inspection.

08/29/2014

Eric J.

Description of Work
Punctual, thorough, and professional. John did a pre-purchase condo inspection for me, and was very knowledgeable about all of the home systems. He gave very helpful advice on maintenance and repairs, as well as an honest assessment of which defects were serious and which were not. I would not hesitate to use John again.

06/25/2014

Jenny K.

John is great. He was very methodical about his work. He arrived early and began his inspection of the exterior of the house. John would inspect and then circle back to us to point out issues he was finding with the house. His inspection was incredibly thorough! He provided us with a detailed report with photos to explain and remind us of the issues. His communication is very timely, he understands the urgency of getting the job done and getting the report to you given the nature of home purchase contracts. He emailed us the report at 1:30 a.m. the day after (a Saturday by the way) our evening inspection. I will definitely use Arundel Home Inspection again if the need arises. I found him much more thorough than the inspector I hired for a previous home purchase.

Description of Work
Home Inspection, Radon Testing, and Termite Inspection for a home we have under contract to purchase

12/04/2013

Lisha B.

He was very thorough and professional. He was very helpful and his inspections have helped tremendously for any repairs we may need. He was absolutely fantastic

Description of Work
General home inspection, as well as radon and termite inspections

09/03/2013

Cheryl M.

I initially searched for home inspection services on Angie's List based on proximity to my home. One of the "hits" was Arundel Home Inspection. Arundel Home Inspection had excellent reviews on Angie's List, so I searched for further information about this company on the web and noticed that Google reviews also showed the company to have excellent ratings too. Based on the positive reviews I emailed Arundel Home Inspection to request an apointment. I received a very prompt email response from John at Arundel Home Inspection (within hours if not within the hou ) and was able to scheduled an appointment shortly after my initial contact with him. From the time I received my first email from John to the time I paid for services I had nothing but professional, courteous service. A report on the property inspected was in my email box within hours after John left the property. Everything in the inspection report was fully explained to me while he was "on site" and he answered all questions completely. I probably won't ever need another home inspection, but if I did I would not hesitate to contact John. If you are need a home inspection, I highly recommend Arundel Home Inspection. You will get your money's worth.

Description of Work
Arundel Home Inspection performed a termite inspection, radon testing, and home inspection

07/10/2013

Christine M.

Mr. Dirks was on time or probably even a little early for our home inspection of a newly constructed home. Although a number of people we spoke to recommended against hiring a home inspector -- they argued it was not necessary for new construction -- we are extremely glad we hired Mr. Dirks. Mr. Dirks spent at least four hours conducting an extremely thorough inspection of our home and he discovered a number of issues that we did not notice during our walkthrough with the home builder. Among the issues discovered by Mr. Dirks were: improper grading in the backyard, an issue with the gutter, improper electrical wiring, and leaking under three sinks. Additionally, Mr. Dirks was extremely courteous and went out of his way to answer all the questions my wife and I had about the house. Mr. Dirks answered these questions with enthusiasm and was very respectful at all times. I would highly recommend Mr. Dirks to any home buyer. Oh, I almost forgot, Mr. Dirks provided us with a PDF report (which included pictures) on our home on the evening of the day he conducted the home inspection. The document is fantastic and clearly outlined the issues caught by Mr. Dirks.

Description of Work
Mr. Dirks conducted a home inspection of a new construction house purchased by me and my wife.

03/16/2013

Joan Y.

Mr. Dirks was early, actually beat me to the property and had already begun evaluating the outside of the structure. He spent hours with me and thoroughly went through the entire structure. He was able to identify problems with shoddy work performed which has compromised the integrity of the structure along with severe electrical problems. Basically, 4 items on his list are so major that I will pull my contract based on the inspection. He saved me from purchasing a money pit. I will definitely utilize his service when I place a contract on another home. I was extremely impressed with his knowledge and expertise, and his follow up report which I received within hours of the initial inspection. I like the fact that he is independent of a realty company, I am sure my realtor wasn't but I am extremely pleased that I received an unbiased professional thorough inspection service!

Description of Work
A complete inspection of a home in Anne Arundel county that I was interested in purchasing

08/10/2012

Debbie W.

I found Mr Dirks on the internet and chose him based on the excellent customer reviews and his knowledge of the homes in the area I wished to buy. He performs a very thorough home inspection and provides a very detailed report within 24 hrs. The report includes pictures and is broken down in a format that is very easy to understand. His home inspection saved me thousands in costly repairs and from purchasing a home that was not in as good a shape as it was represented to be. He actually found an underground oil tank that the sellers did not disclose. I used him again to perform another home inspection and he went above and beyond what was required. I recommend him to anyone I know that is in need of his services. He is very professional, and knowledgeable and provides exceptional service.

Description of Work
I used Arundel Home Inspection for 2 home inspections needed for the purchase of a home

04/06/2011

joshua W.

I have used them twice. They are very good. The guy’s first name is John. He is an extremely thorough home inspector. The work was as thorough as I could ask for. I feel absolutely safe with them. On both occasions it was a townhouse that was inspected and he was the least $265 if I am not mistaken. His fee was on par or lower than others that I have looked at. He is very flexible and very informative. If I have any questions about what he is going over, he explains everything in detail, and if asked he will provide with advice he can in reference to his findings. He absolutely cares. I have used them twice and both times he found some problems that I did not see and in both cases they were the cause for termination of the contract. I would not have been able to get out of a problematic situation if not for his inspection. I would use him again in the future if needed.

Description of Work
I used the services of Arundel Home Inspection LLC.

T and K Home Inspections

Services provided: Residential Home Inspections Radon Testing: Radon is the number 1 cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. Make sure your home doesn't have Radon. Home Energy Reports: Home Energy Reports show you how much energy you use month to month in comparison to similar homes in the area. Pre-listing Inspections: If you are looking to dale your home and want to make sure its ready to go, smooth sell, and no last minute issues. This service is perfect. Customer Walk-Thorough: If your looking to purchase a house and you would like an opinion of inspector without the total cost of an inspection. This service is for you. Upcoming Services: Air Quality Inspections (a.k.a Mold Inspection) and Move-In Certified We are a Veteran Own Company, National Certified Home Inspector, Professional, 48 Hours or less return on Home Inspection reports, 25 years of experience with the family business in Residential and Commercial construction. We also give discounts to Service Members and First Responders.

NextDay Inspect

Our goal is to protect our clients' interest by providing a thorough and detailed inspection of the property. Safeguarding our clients' investment is our priority. We provide residential home inspections, commercial building inspections, pre-drywall inspections, radon gas testing, and mold sampling. View the rate for your home inspection and scheduling availability on our website. Home Inspectors at NextDay Inspect® are licensed by the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) and the Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation (DLLR). Upon completing the on-site inspection the inspector will prepare a report, including photographs taken at the property, and arrows with commentary detailing the areas of concern. Specialized tools are used to ensure a thorough inspection of the properties components. Some of these tools are thermometer, moisture & humidity meter, thermal infrared camera, outlet tester. We have an A plus rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Offers by NextDay Inspect on Angi
    Pro Spex Home Inspection Services

Super Service Award the past 9 years. Our goal is to become the best Home Inspection company in the DMV. We utilize technology to benefit our clients. We offer 24hr Online Scheduling, Our inspectors are trained to use infrared cameras and we use drones for hard to reach roofs. We are the only company in the DMV that offers a Performance Guarantee vs. a limited liability clause in our contract. We have performed Inspections for all the major home builders in the DMV area, small commercial buildings, and residential homes of any age and size. If you can live in it, we can inspect it. We don't compete on price, we compete on service - so contact us today!

Satisfaction