E Stanley Asphalt Paving

Founded 1977 • With Angi since February 2005

E.Stanley Asphlat paving has the experience and knowledge of 4 Generations of paving experts. We are known locally not only E. Stanley Asphalt Paving and Stanley’s Paving. We are a local company consisting of the most highly skilled, best trained project consultants and installation technicians

2022 Super Service Award

...

driveway pavers (382)concrete repair (24)concrete driveways (16)lawn & landscaping (5)drain pipe installation (2)hardscaping (1)masonry (1)decks & porches (1)

11/07/2022

Elbert O.

The crew was very efficient and did a wonderful job repairing our cracked asphalt driveway. We are very happy with the result. Joe was great with his communication and adapted professionally to our specific needs. We would definitely call on him again.

Description of Work
Asphalt Driveway repair and seal coating

Work Completed On 11/07/2022

12/22/2021

Jay W.

E Standley was a standout among the bidders by its excellent response rate, delivery schedule, and pricing. It carried out the task in a flawless way. I am super satisfied with the job in everyway. Highly recommend E Standley for your professional needs with drive ways.

Description of Work
Private drive way was in need of sealing and has some worn out spots

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

12/12/2021

megan C.

We needed to expand our driveway and then reseal our current. Joe and his crew did a great job with joining the new with existing. Was easy to contact and we got a quote right away. Highly recommend using this company.

Description of Work
Driveways - Asphalt

Work Completed On 12/12/2021

Laura J.

E. Stanley did a really terrific job. I was very impressed by their professionalism and their skill. They had to lay the asphalt up to a newly raised slate walkway all along its length, and construct the apron to transition from the street to the driveway. Watching them work was really a pleasure because it was clear that they wanted to do a first rate job and they really did. We could not be more pleased.

Description of Work
Driveways - Asphalt

Work Completed On 12/11/2021

Any time thank you so much

Jacqueline N.

Quick and professional. Listened to our concerns and didn’t leave until we were satisfied.

Description of Work
Driveways - Asphalt

Work Completed On 12/11/2021

It was nice working with you and your brother

chad D.

Excellent work by Joe and his team! They were extremely flexible and were prompt and professional with the service they delivered. We will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Driveways - Asphalt

It was a pleasure

07/18/2021

Justin H.

It was done quickly have a day. Went very well.

Description of Work
Driveway repair and widen

Work Completed On 07/16/2021

03/16/2021

Matthew L.

Joe and the crew from E Stanley did a great job widening our driveway. The job consisted of three parts. First, dig under the existing driveway and remove the roots that were growing underneath. Second, dig a couple of feet on both sides of our existing driveway to widen it out. Finally, pour asphalt on top of the driveway to replace the old one. Joe came in at the best price and finish the entire job in a single day..

Description of Work
Asphalt Driveways

Work Completed On 03/16/2021

12/22/2020

charles H.

The reviews said the company was hard to contact, but the results were good. I went with them and the communication aspects were difficult. First, the company was hard to reach (months). They blamed it on office assistant. For the appraisal, the rep was very professional and seemed to understand we had narrow weather window (December) to do the work. The rep sent me an estimate and I agreed to it. The sealing was scheduled for 10 December (50 degree weather forecast for that week). I moved all our cars and cleared driveway area in preparation. When they didn't show I called them in the afternoon. The rep told me he had a tire blow out on his trailer so needed to reschedule. I told him no thank you as we would miss the weather window. He offered to come on Saturday, but we had company so I told them no. We will now wait until next Spring.

Description of Work
Seal driveway

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

12/07/2020

Phyllis T.

It went great, but unusual heavy rains, 4 days later, washed out the crack filler. E. Stanley came back out and did an excellent repair. I am totally satisfied. I would recommend them to anyone, and I will certainly utilize them in the future.

Description of Work
Seal a 250-yard driveway.

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

10/20/2020

SCARLETT C.

I wish to update and revise my review dated 8/23/20. This update is based on E. Stanley's and, in particular, Joe Stanley's responsiveness and professionalism. Joe's immediate response after I posted my earlier review indicated that: (1) Joe actually read and valued the review and, (2) he was serious about protecting the company's reputation even with a "potential" customer. The next morning after my earlier review, Joe contacted me; he apologized for the inadvertent overlook of my phone call, and requested that he come out to review my project and give me a quote. I accepted his offer and subsequently selected E. Stanley for the job. My selection was based on several factors to include Joe: (1) allaying and satisfying my concerns, (2) immediately responding to my questions, (3) providing the lowest bid, and (4) being extremely polite. The excellent work was completed today, and I remain a satisfied customer. E. Stanley was recommended to me by my neighbor; I wish to pass it forward and recommend E. Stanley for asphalt paving projects.

Description of Work
Asphalt paving of driveway

Category drain pipe, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

09/29/2020

Catherine K.

E Stanley paving did a great job. Their representative Joe was friendly and professional and able to answer all our questions. They started the job within a few days of the initial visit. It entailed a lot more work than I thought. They had to bust up three sections of the driveway in order to make it level and get a proper base and had to raise a drain in the driveway. Due to many issues with the county grinder in our front yard that the county has had to excavate our driveway had sunk down 3 inches. They created a smooth surface level to the sidewalk and did a nice job on the edges. We couldn't be more thrilled.

Description of Work
Addition of 2 - 3 inches of asphalt due to sinking near Anne Arundel County grinder in front yard

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/03/2020

Erik A.

I requested estimates from several companies but chose R Stanley based on their A rating and initial consultation. I wanted my driveway paved to improve the lower portion that was sunken and had an abrupt uphill transition where my car would sometimes scrape. I also wanted an extension added to be able to park without blocking the garage. Their estimate was lower than some of the other estimates I received and they were not pushy like some of the other sales people I talked to. The work they did was excellent. They even removed a small tree stump that I had planned to take out myself. I am very satisfied and would not hesitate to recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
Driveway paving

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

06/12/2020

Jeff S.

We did what you're "supposed" to do and got 3 estimates for our driveway replacement/extension. Don't waste your time with other companies. E Stanley came in under the other estimates, has a superior product, and a ton of experience. The whole project was done in under 3 hours! The crew was fast, professional, and respectful of our neighbors' properties. They cleaned up so well that the only sign that they had even been there was our fresh, new driveway!

Description of Work
Driveway resurfacing and expansion

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

05/19/2020

Wayne M.

Great group! Came in with the best price and delivered. Showed up on time and did a great job. Was even nice enough to give my neighbor advice on his driveway. Will definitely be using them again.

Description of Work
Driveway Resealing

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

04/29/2020

Joe B.

I did not hire Mr. Stanley, but was very impressed by both by his professionalism while talking on the phone and also his responsiveness to my calls. I accepted another contract, but would seriously consider hiring his company in the future.

Description of Work
R&R asphalt driveway

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

01/17/2020

Kerith J.

Great company, owner was very patient with a delay caused on my part. Great work, attention to detail and reasonable price in comparison to other companies. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Installation of asphalt driveway

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

11/12/2019

Thomas K.

I received 4 proposals. By far, Joe gave me the best price. The work was completed on the exact day promised and the two driveways look better than new. They also fixed a shallow pothole at the bottom of the driveway which was actually on the county road . Overall, it was a very efficient and cost-effective process.

Description of Work
Two driveways required resurfacing

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

10/28/2019

Roger C.

Excellent job!! It was a pleasure working with E. Stanley Asphalt Paving. Joe did the estimate and was my contact and was there with the crew when the job was done. When Joe left during the paving, after having discussed the plan and what was being done, he introduced me to his father who stayed there until the job was done. Before the repaving the driveway was in bad shape and no work had been done on it for over 35 years but it now looks great! This is a top notch multigenerational family business. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Repaving my driveway

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

10/09/2019

Mary T.

Ernie and his son did a very professional job burning out weeds on perimeter of driveway, heating up the asphalt where cracks had appeared, then patching and applying two coats of coating. Though Ernie's price was not the lowest estimate, we feel that the quality of the job warranted the expense. The driveway, repaved several years ago, looks fantastic once again. Ernie knows what he is doing!

Description of Work
Oil-based seal coating and patching of asphalt driveway

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

09/20/2019

Michelle B.

The vendor impressed me with the experience used to produce a quote as well as timely response to my request for an estimate. Joe was the estimator and furnished a reasonable priced estimate based on onsite examination of the job--this was a 1,500 square foot job. My read was that this outfit was experienced with various types of residential projects like mine and they were prompt when it came to answering questions I had. A basic quote was provided that described the work elements associated with the job. I requested quotes from 3 bidders for my job and, from a technical perspective I would rate E Stanley as very competent. The estimate price was very competitive. I opted to go with another bidder for qualitative reasons whose price was close to this company's quote. It could have easily have gone the other way and I would have been very comfortable selecting E. Stanley. They struck me as an excellent value while offering a lot of asphalt experience -- particularly if constrained by tight budget.

Description of Work
Driveway Asphalt Replacement

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

09/10/2019

Sanjay G.

The person that came out was friendly but the asphalt coating seem to last for only ~6 months. For the first month the driveway looked good then it started to fad very quickly. Now, all I see are the spray makes on my the driveway surface. Not sure what kind of quality product was used or if the application was way too thin. I personally will not use their services again.

Description of Work
Asphalt coating

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

Hey this is Joe from E Stanley Asphlat paving what is your name and number so I can look your job up to fix this matter

08/24/2019

Betsy D.

Our driveway had numerous cracks so I called E.Stanley and Joe came to the house. He told me he would be able fill the cracks and resurface the entire driveway and would guarantee his work for 4 years with the extra sealer over top the asphalt. I kept in touch with Joe via text and he was ready to resurface before I was available. When it was convenient, I texted Joe and he got right back to me and we committed to a day.. Everyone showed up when they said they would and finished the job in about 6-7 hours. The men were professional and very helpful in answering questio