Long Home Products

Founded undefined • With Angi since November 2016

With over 70 years of experience in home improvement, Long Home Products is the industry-leading company you can trust to give you peace of mind. We are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We are experts in all aspects of roofing, bathroom, window and door projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

4.1

4.2

4.4

4.4

4.2

window replacement (156)insulation (128)door installation (55)roofing (40)home remodeling (27)fence company (25)gutter repair (19)siding companies (18)countertop installation (11)home energy audit (10)cabinet makers (8)plumbers (6)

06/16/2022

JESSE A.

Great experience with sales person Brooke Grunder

Description of Work
Replace Gutters, Soffits and Trim

Work Completed On 06/16/2022

03/24/2022

Lisa H.

Ordered a sliding glass door through Long Products. Got a phone call today from Tim H that my door was in. He was very professional, friendly and super responsive. Very happy with this company!!

Description of Work
Sliding glass door

Category bathtub refinishing, doors

Work Completed On 03/24/2022

02/27/2022

Vanessa W.

I sent an email to the longhomeproducts.com website on Thursday evening at 11:45pm informing them I have a leak in my bedroom. I received a call the next morning acknowledging my message and provided additional details. I received another call at 9:42 am informing me their team is on the way to examine the issue. Geo and Tim arrived at my house a little before 10:00 am. I showed them the areas with water leakage. They checked my roof and informed me that I had raised shingles and the areas around the stack pipes were not caulked. The scheduling of the removal and replacement of the damaged area is pending, but both Geo and Tim were professional, kind, knowable, documented the damaged areas of my roof, showed me pics of the damaged areas and explained to me what would be done to fix the problem. I look forward to having the work done.

Description of Work
Schedule repairs

Category bathtub refinishing, roofing

Work Completed On 02/25/2022

02/17/2022

Angel N.

It went great. Everything looked good and worked well. Crew was professional.

Description of Work
Bathtub replacement and shower

Category bathtub refinishing

Work Completed On 02/01/2022

Review for Long Home Products - 8530 Corridor Rd, Savage, MD - 39631588

01/15/2022

Tichelle H.

The work went as expected, no hiccups.

Description of Work
I needed a roof and gutters.

Category bathtub refinishing, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 01/14/2022

08/10/2021

Helen R.

It went great. They are professional and on time.

Description of Work
I have a roof put on that is good for 50 years and I had gutters put in as well.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 06/15/2021

08/06/2021

Phyllis M.

The estimator arrived on time, was very efficient and gave us an estimate on the spot. The materials were delivered on time and the contracting crew came the next day and installed the roof. The crew was very hard working and finished the job to our satisfaction. The roof looks great!

Description of Work
Long Roofing put a new roof on our 8 year old, single story home.

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

03/07/2019

gloria D.

I am a 65 year old disabled veteran taking care of my 95 year old mother. We went with Long Roofing thinking we would have a professional experience. Furthest thing from the truth. Install was bad. No communication between anyone in the company to resolve issues. Repair/replace has been pursued since install in November of 2018. Company has refused to acknowledge mistakes even after numerous "inspections", a large number of photos and independent inspector I had to hire at my expense to validate my issues. I have had to go through more than The company seems too busy to take care of their customers correctly. I am still in the process of trying to get my roof fixed from their install and it is March of 2019.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 02/28/2019

Review for Long Home Products - 8530 Corridor Rd, Savage, MD - 37747762

10/18/2018

Brian J.

I had my old single pane windows replaced about 5 years ago. The Long crew was punctual and professional. They made all of the correct measurements, and the crew installed them with no issues on the scheduled day. The new windows are absolutely beautiful and I never feel that awful draft in the winter that I used to. Fast forward, and several of them have developed seal leaks. Lifetime warranty in hand, I called and was even more impressed. In seconds, the representative had all of my window measurements in front of him. He asked which windows had issues, and immediately placed an order for replacements. I couldn't ask for more, and will look for ways to send business their way in the future.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

06/20/2018

LINDA J.

Would not call this company again. Asked for an estimate, they came out, thought the job would be a problem so they never contacted me back with an estimate. They think they are too good for their own business and have so much business they don't bother to call you back.

Description of Work
replace fence

Work Completed On 05/22/2018

05/08/2018

Daniel C.

Long Fence installed about 500 feet of 5 board estate style wooden fencing for us. We had gotten 2 other estimates from top rated Angie’s List providers, but frankly, their numbers were too high for what we wanted. It’s just a fence. The installation team arrived 15 minutes late, but they worked throughout the day, and finished the job in one day. The cleaned up afterwards. I’m happy with the job they did.

Description of Work
We needed our back yard fenced. Total linear footage of was about 500 feet.

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

03/31/2018

Annji B.

They showed up quickly to give me an estimate, and helped me figure out what exactly I needed. When they showed up to build the fence, they did it all in one day and it is perfect.

Description of Work
Fence build

Work Completed On 03/31/2018

01/14/2018

Rachel O.

The repair went well; I am very pleased with the result. There was a delay of a few weeks between when I got the estimate & paid the deposit, and when they actually came out to do the work. The first time they came out to our house they had the wrong supplies and had to go back to retrieve the correct ones. Those were minor issues, though; overall everything went well.

Description of Work
chain-link fence & gate repair

Work Completed On 01/14/2018

08/19/2017

Charles T.

Excellent. Highly recommended. Warranty unsurpassed. Family owned.

Description of Work
New roof installed

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

07/17/2017

Erik Z.

The was a terrible experience. Once I paid the deposit it was very hard to get a response from them to set the installation date which ended up being later than the salesmen said it would be. The installlers arrived on time on the day of install but not was a fluent english speaker which caused a few problems and a lot of frustration. No one from Long Roof showed up on the day of install. The installers scattered a few tarps with large holes in them around parts of the house to catch some of the debris from removing the old roof-- they didnt fully cover the perimeter of the house so i have been picking up nails and torn shingles ever since. Long Roof failed to meet two conditions of our contract but I found them so frustrating to deal with that I gave up pursuing it. Included in our contract was that Long was supposed to provide and install a vent in the new roof for a bathroom exhaust fan. The third party installers showed up in their truck without the vent and without any awareness they were supposed to have one. Once of the crew ran to home depot and came back with literally the cheapest one they had--I assumed given the Long name that I could trust them to use quality materials but this was the first indication I selected the wrong company. I went out and bought a better one that the crew then installed but Long never reimbursed me for the purchase (lesson learned I should have deducted it from the settlement check). They also failed to leave me the set of shingles identified in the contract that I intended to use to close the roof after removing the chimney (a planned future project). Multipl.e calls that day and after the install drew responses from Long Roof that they would see what they could do and call me back - not surprisingly they never did. I have since seen a couple of roofing companies i had estimates from complete work in my neighborhood and wish I could go back and chose on that had its own crew, own equipment, and didnt leave me worrying that my sons would step on nails left in the yard by Long Roof.

Description of Work
I had a leak in my aging roof so I had them replace it. The installed new shingles and underlayment using a subcontractor for all work.

Work Completed On 07/18/2015

07/02/2017

joe K.

Long showed up on time and the roof was replaced by the end of the day. Clean up was great, they protected the flowers and lawn. no nails left any where in the yard.

Description of Work
had a complete roof and gutter replacement.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 06/03/2017

[Member Name Removed], It has been a pleasure serving you. Please reach out to us at any time in the future! Long Roofing

06/29/2017

Paul R.

I would caution anyone thinking of hiring Long Fence and Home for the following reasons: (1) their representative was the only one of three contractors that did NOT walk the roof before speaking with me about the work; (2) their representative made claims that the materials Long uses are unique to the roofing business, when in fact, they use identical materials as others within the industry; (3) their initial verbal cost estimate was three times the amount of other contractors who have received "A" Angies List ratings. During the initial meet the rep called the home office to speak with a "manager" and the price was suddenly reduced by $ 12,000; (4) when I did not sign up during the initial meet I was called the next day. A "manager" asked for another meet and I was assured the price for the job would be "significantly" reduced. During the meeting the manager brought the price down another $ 2,000 and when I asked how he would do that he said he would cut out the profit going to the first salesman; (5) when I asked for a line item cost breakdown for the job the Long manager said the company does not do that until there is a signed contract. When I showed him the line item proposal (without cost) from another contractor the Long manager said "well, we will do the entire roof . . .". (6) the Long manager left saying he would put "something" together and complained he had just something similar from another client who is an engineers. When I told him I worked 40 years for the Army Corps of Engineers he looked stricken. Despite a follow-up call from me seeking the information I never heard from Long again. Finally, and this might be the most important, Long will try to persuade clients with promises of long-term financing, payment plans and even longer term guarantees and product warranties. Everything was verbal and there was nothing their representatives could or would provide in writing. Maybe they do all that after a contract is signed but I say "trust but verify." Also, if they try to tell you they will offer a 50 year transferable warranty on an asphalt shingle roof be very cautious. Other contractors have told me this is ridiculous and to carefully read the fine print.

Description of Work
Total roof, gutters and downspout replacement.

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/29/2017

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to sit with us to discuss your roofing options. I dont believe the representative was meaning to tell you that we use any proprietary products for our roofing business. However, I believe he was referring to the fact that our product does get private labeled for Long Roofing due to the volume we purchase from CertainTeed, our manufacturer. To address your concerns on our 50-year transferable warranty... This is a true 50-year transferable warranty. The reason we can offer this is because we pay the insurance premium to CertainTeed to take out an individual insurance policy on each roof we install. This is not a pro-rated warranty like most other companies offer. This is a true replacement cost if anything were to happen in the future. For example, if you purchase a roof today that costs $20,000 and it fails 45 years down the road, the cost of materials for that roof have gone up. That roof replacement used to be $20,000 but it now costs (45 years later) $30,000 to replace. You are covered for the inflated cost of $30,000. This is a huge perk that very few companies can pass on to their customers. Long Roofing is very fortunate to be able and willing to pull out insurance policies on each roof installed. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any further concerns or comments. I will provide all my contact information below for your convenience. Sincerely, John DePaola Jr. Operations Manager 240-473-1490 jdepaolajr(at)longroofing.com

02/28/2017

Ruth T.

The roof itself is fine it terms of what they did, but just recently my skylight blew off, and called my insurance company to see if it was covered. They said it was not covered and they started to ask me about my roof replacement. I explained what I had done and they said it was very over priced. I called multiple contractors to confirm, and they all said my roof should never cost more than $4500 because of the small size. I contacted the company to explain the situation and they have been going back and forth on what the possible solutions could be. They want to charge me an additional $900 to fix the skylight. I don't think that's fair since I was charged almost double for what the highest estimate was for a replacement.

Description of Work
I have a nine hundred sq foot townhouse and they replaced the roof and installed insulation in my attic.

Work Completed On 01/01/2016

02/11/2017

Wanda F.

I do like them for the fencing. They did that very well. I would not use them for roofing.

Description of Work
Fence installation.

Work Completed On 01/15/2017

02/11/2017

Wanda F.

Professional. It didn't take long to complete the roof. Excellent with clean up. I didn't look into roofing companies, and it may have been overpriced.

Description of Work
Installed an new roof.

Work Completed On 08/25/2016

12/14/2016

KATHY S.

Everything was fine, in fact I never even met the guy we did it all over the phone.

Description of Work
They put in a fence.

Work Completed On 08/14/2000

11/20/2016

Nancy O.

The promptly sent out a sales person. It was dark but he did some measuring. We agreed on a time for him to return to give us an estimate and show us his product. He was supposed to come out during the day to complete the measuring. On the day we had scheduled to meet another person from Long Fence arrived an hour early. It turns out he had no idea that another Long Fence person had been out . It took 2 hours for this new person to remeasure and struggle to come up with an estimate. It was over double any other estimates we had. It was a total waste of our time.

Description of Work
We needed new house siding.

Category siding, replacement windows