Bates Moving & Storage

Founded 1964 • With Angi since July 2008

815 Benny St

Salisbury, MD 21804

Cost is deteremined by the job. Additional email: service@batesmoving.com. Agent for united van lines. ...

10/27/2021

Jennifer E.

The representative was very friendly and helpful. She said they were a representative of United Van Lines but did not serve my area. She suggested I go to the web site to find a local rep.

Description of Work
Move from northern VA to MN

12/16/2018

J B.

Great team!! Very professional, responsible and flexible. It was the best moving company I have experienced, from the office staff responsiveness to the actual moving team. I highly recommend Bates Moving Comoany n

Description of Work
Moving from one home to another

04/19/2018

Denise G.

The experience could not have gone better, from the initial estimate to the delivery itself. Bates Moving and Storage kept us informed every step of the way. They treated our home and possessions (and us!) with total respect. They packed and moved our two-story home, disassembling (as needed), then reassembling furniture upon arrival. Moving is a stressful process in general, full of details, and they greatly alleviated the "moving of household goods" stress. I highly recommend them for any moving needs.

Description of Work
Full family move from Maryland to Alabama

10/11/2017

Carole R.

Very well no problems.

Description of Work
Packed up our home in Virginia and moved us to a Delaware

06/07/2017

Thomas C.

They were fast, efficient, and courteous. Complied with all the weird changes ( lots of extra stuff) without a peep. Cheerful and helpful. Two additional men came on the last leg to help get it done in time. Perfect! Excellent!! Would recommend and use again.

Description of Work
Complicated move - some things had to come up from the lower level to put in driveway for St. Vincent DePaul. The rest into the truck. At the new location, several things had to be moved out of the house to the garage for sale. The rest into the house with some assembly.

04/05/2017

Daniele D.

Very cooperative, communicated promptly and efficiently. Pleased with the move.

Description of Work
Moving and packing 2 rooms of furniture from Salisbury, MD to Stockton, CA.

10/06/2016

Gary L and Linda B.

Excellent, very professional. Donna was wonderful in setting up our move with changes in the date. Movers were polite, efficient and did an excellent job, the truck could not fit in our long driveway due to the narrow road, the team took our furniture down our 250ft driveway to the truck! That's beyond great service ! Erin lead her team with efficiency and excellence. We could not be happier!! Thank you Bates

Description of Work
moving from Delaware to Florida

10/04/2016

Ryan B.

The move went amazingly good. No items were broken and it was completed very quickly. They were even able to disassemble our massive treadmill and reassemble it in working order.

Description of Work
Performed move across town.

02/03/2016

Jackie M.

Description of Work
Excellent, 2 friendly young men, polite, efficient and careful in moving items and unloading, highly recommend

02/03/2016

Sue V.

Description of Work
We did not use Bates for our move across country but the owner came out to give us a bid and was extremely professional. We did use a POD to move us. Bates price was fair and they responded quickly and professionally.

Category moving companies, storage units

01/22/2016

Ryan B.

Description of Work
They were very punctual for our short distance move from apartment to a house. Packaged everything up and moved us faster than estimated even with the ice and no breakage. Very happy with service recieved.

07/17/2015

Faith D.

We had an excellent experience with Bates. Our team was extremely professional, pleasant and took pride in what they were doing. Our property was treated with respect and the team went above board doing things as I would ask with not one complaint. The team never stopped working and really didn't take any breaks until the truck was totally loaded and then unloaded and that everything was in the right place. They did a complete walk thru after everything was unloaded and adjusted as needed. I would highly recommend Bates to anyone looking for a professional moving company.

Description of Work
Packed, picked up, took to storage until our new home was ready and delivered our furnishings, set everything up.

06/29/2015

Renee S.

Description of Work
Moved 10 miles away. Lots of boxes and 2 bedroom sets. Fantastic results.

06/04/2015

Adele L.

Description of Work
Bates Moving and Storage did an outstanding job. They helped take the stress out of moving. The entire moving process went smoothly and each aspect from packing, to loading and unloading, met our expectations. They were very professional and really handled our items with care. The were extremely dependable and their time frame was exactly as promised.

12/22/2014

Jeffrey R.

Everything was moved and packed quickly, safely, and efficiently. They were very accommodating of our changing closing dates.

Description of Work
Packed and moved

12/18/2014

Cathi B.

07/14/2014

Joan J.

Description of Work
We moved from Salisbury, MD to Tomball, TX. On June 2, the packers arrived and were very pleasant and professional. The United Van arrived June 4 with two other loads on the truck!!(We asked for a large truck space).It was soon evident that all of our things would not fit. My husband & I were very upset. The next day local Bates truck picked up & stored the rest of our many things in Bates warehouse, which was not climate controlled. No date was given for delivery of the storage articles. The furniture finally arrived on June 24.ADDENDUM: All of the movers worked hard, were pleasant, and were always on time, but the goods were not delivered as promised!!The Bates representative appeared unsympathetic and disgusted with our phone calls. We didn't know if our things would take weeks or months to arrive.

07/08/2014

Mitzie M.

Description of Work
Bill came to do a walk through to determine the size and cost of the job. His staff was very professional as was he. He was very thorough and knowledgeable. His quote came in 3 times more than another mover so decided to go with the other company.

10/19/2013

Russ C.

Flawless move. The picked up and delivered when they said they would. Nothing was damaged and nothing was missing. I have no hesitation in recommending them. I'd definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Moved our family belongings from Rehoboth Beach, DE, to Wilmington, NC.

05/07/2013

D. Thomas L.

Everything went perfectly. They were extremely careful when packing and handling expensive items, and they had reasonable rates. They could not have done a better job, and it was a pleasure dealing with them.

Description of Work
They performed a joint move for me and for my girl friend. Specifically, they moved me to Indiana and her to Ohio.

12/31/2012

Pippa M.

The crew of three showed up on-time on a rainy day. They laid out mats and runners to protect the floor. The guys moved steadily all morning and cleared the house by noon. We then traveled the 23 miles to our new home where again, the team of three laid out mats and runner and worked, in the cold and damp, steadily until they were unloaded. They took furniture apart and reassembled it and even moved a few pieces that were in the new house that needed moving. The crew was friendly and professional and I would recommend Bates to anyone in the area in need of movers!!

Description of Work
We called for an estimate to move the contents of an 1100 sq foot house 23 miles to a larger, 2 story home. The rep from Bates came out and assessed what we had. Within a few days they emailed us a written estimate. We then called and set up a moving date. The crew of 3 was on-time and came in under the estimate.

07/28/2008

Charlotte H.

I was in charge of remodeling our office a few years ago. I had never done anything like this before and it was $150,000 job. The person I purchased the workstations from recommended Bates for the storage, moving and installation of the workstations. It was the best recommendation I have ever had. We had the product delivered to Bates and they installed the workstations on weekends for 4 weeks in a row. Bill Von Paris made sure everything was done to perfection; he was always there working right along with his crew. Every member of the team was well trained. They were never late. They never complained or used inappropriate language. They always asked if there was anything else they could do to help me. If I made a suggestion that was not part of the original plan, they made every effort to accommodate my changes. It was always "We can do that." My office thinks I am amazing because of the work they did. I can never thank them enough. In fact, I am in charge of expanding the office again and Bates is making it happen, again on weekends. He even fixed my broken file cabinet the last time he was here when he saw the door didn't close properly. Remodeling an office? $150,000. Having it completed on time every time? Priceless!!!

Description of Work
The job was an office remodeling involving 30+ offices areas and 4 departments. The company removed old furniture/workstations and replaced them with new ones. The project spanned 4 weekends to prevent office downtime.