Kwik-Key Locksmiths

Founded 1979 • With Angi since June 2010

7923 35th St

Rosedale, MD 21237

Kwik-Key Locksmiths, a 24 Hour Emergency Service provider, has been providing reliable locksmith services to residential and commercial customers of Baltimore, MD since 1979. We are a family owned, community oriented business which offers a superior level of personalized service and rare technical expertise not easily found today. We are licensed, bonded and insured; we are members of the Associated Locksmiths of America and are registered dealers of ASSA-ABLOY high security products....

09/13/2017

Thomas C.

Arrived promptly, performed all the work in his truck. Did not let me set the key.

Description of Work
Changing the key on 9 locks.

08/22/2017

Giles R.

My friend had been having troubles with the lock on his front door, but was generally able to get in. One day recently, the lock just plain would not open. I came over and tried as well and we then called Angies for a locksmith. Kwik-Key in Fells Point was one of their recommendations and they weren't far away (we were in Highlandtown). They said they'd be there in about 45 minutes but were there even sooner. Eric had to drill out the lock and replace it and made enough keys. He was very pleasant and easy to deal with. They offer both neighbor and senior discounts and we received one of the discounts on our bill.

Description of Work
Replace lock on front door.

04/12/2017

Edward M.

Very professional gentleman and the work performed was excellent. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Installation of a Wi-Fi Smart Deadbolt and door realignment.

06/06/2015

Catherine J.

Erik was great! This is a tiny shop in Fells Point that has obviously been there for decades. I went in just to get traditional keys copied on 6/4/2015. Erik took my current keys and made copies. He asked if I was having problems with my "originals". When I said yes that they got stuck sometimes - he took the time to polish the old ones for free. All the keys work great! The next day I made an appointment with Erik to get a second set of car keys for my Infinity. Last summer my purse was stolen and along with it my other key. Kwik Key had the right remote for my car and they reprogramed both my old keys and the car. It took about an hour but part of that was moving the car so Erik could keep an eye on the shop and work outside to reprogram the car. Everything works great and I will definitely use these guys again. FYI - they do emergency calls off site too.

Description of Work
The first day they cut traditional key copies for me. They were so nice and did such a good job (even polished up the originals so they worked better for free). So the next day I came back and had them make a copy of my Infinity Car key which requires reprograming both the old key and the car itself. Once again great job and much less expensive than the dealer.

03/04/2015

Joseph S.

Description of Work
I've used this locksmith four times, three were emergency lockouts and one an urgent re-keying. Alweays shows up when promised, works efficiently, I recommend them.

02/14/2013

Linda M.

Great! Bob was honest, punctual, professional, courteous and did not waste any time.

Description of Work
Re-keyed 5 locks on 2 doors. Made keys and cylinder combination changes.

11/20/2012

Courtney P.

He was very polite and informative when I called for an estimate and to make an appointmen. He arrived on time and was very nice. Performed the rekeying quickly and professionally. Seemed very experienced. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Rekeyed four locks.

03/17/2011

Gretchen W.

Mr. Bardoff set up my appointment by phone and confirmed quickly afterward by email. The day of the appointment, he was prompt, courteous, very professional. He explained what needed to be done thoroughly, made suggestions for additional improvements to the locks and door knobs in the interest of increased security. He made it clear, too, that he was recommending things that he would not do, so he wasn't just suggesting things wildly to drum up more business for himself. The whole job took about 2 1/2 hours. I paid by cheque when he said how high the fee was that he would pay if I used my debit card instead. He gladly gave me the Angie's List discount. I'd use him again if I need similar or additional lock/key work done.

Description of Work
rekeyed 6 locks, tightened up knobs and strike plates on 3 doors

Category locksmith

Dear Member, Thank you for your kind words and your recommendation. I would be pleased to assist you, if you need future work to be done. Bob Bardoff Kwik Key

08/05/2010

Avery B.

I called on Tuesday and scheduled an appointment for Wednesday. He arrived on time and finished the work in a little more than an hour. He explained what he was doing and called my attention to things that needed to be done, such as the missing kickplate on the front door. He gave me two copies and two originals for the locks, which considering that they're all the same was great, I won't have to worry about getting copies made. He also explained which ones were which and how to tell - I always appreciate learning something about an industry. The copies were high quality. The copies you get at your average big box store these days are so terrible, I will definitely take keys to be copied there.

Description of Work
The owner came to my rental property and changed the deadbolt and doorknob on the front door, the back door and the door to the deck. He rekeyed so that they would all be the same. The front door had been kicked in at some point and he put in a missing kickplate.

07/05/2010

Mark L.

Service was performed in the shop when I brought the locks in. Service was done while I waited. He was prompt and had good suggestions.

Description of Work
He re-keyed 5 Kwik Set locks for the house.

05/11/2010

REBECCA O.

The locksmith was the owner and he was very nice, answered all my questions, explained as he went along. He was able to key the locks to a single key even though he encountered some trouble in the way the former system was set up. He gladly gave me the Angie's List discount which I had forgotten about. I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Replaced the locks on two doors with Class 2 or Grade 2 locks which provide better security than the building grade locks that were replaced.

01/06/2010

Barbara K.

Would not think of using another provider for this service. We have been completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Lock repair/replacement/re-keying and general locksmithing for many rental properties over a period of perhaps 7 years

05/05/2009

Nancy W.

Mr. Bardoff was immediately responsive to my initial e-mail contact. I thought I needed a lock replaced but he was fairly confident my lock could be repaired. He arrived exactly on time, checked my lock, removed it and repaired in on site and it works like it's new. At no additional cost he is going to make me a factory-spec key and mail it to me. He is personable, reliable, he offers a 20% discount on the service call part of the bill, and I thought his price was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend him!

Description of Work
Repaired a very old lock in our front door -- it had been very hard to use.

02/24/2009

DOUGLAS D.

We found Kwik Key in the neighborhood (a local locksmith in the business for 30 years) and he quickly and efficiently replaced the locks and rekeyed the locks to one key. We were especially pleased that he did it at a third of the cost of the original locksmith we found through Angie's List. Bob said he would be here at a specified time and our doorbell rang right on the dot. It was a joy to work with him and we intend to use him when we replace the exterior doors, this summer. This is the second locksmith we used in the Baltimore area and it was a much better experience than one we had with the first locksmith we located through Angie's List. The first one turned out to be an independent contractor of a general home services outfit and he could not be located when we needed him to return to repair the malfunctioning locks he installed. Thank goodness for Kwik Key.

Description of Work
Replacement of faulty lock Rekeying of all locks to one key Explanation of the purchase and care and maintenance of locks

Category locksmith

I AM VERY GLAD THAT YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY WORK. I GUARANTEE ALL MY WORK. I ALWAYS HAVE, FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS OF SERVICE TO RESIDENTIAL, AND BUSINESS CUSTOMERS. IT WAS A PLEASURE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU, AND BEING ABLE TO CORRECTLY IDENTIFY, AND THEN SATISFY YOUR NEEDS. I LOOK FORWARD TO ASSISTING YOU, IF YOU NEED ME, IN THE FUTURE.

Keys My Locks

Keys My Locks is DC's Premier 24 hour locksmith providing guaranteed quality service. We specialize in residential and commercial lockouts, home security systems, lock repair and installation, car key replacement and emergency lockouts. We also copy home, office and car keys, as well as key fobs and access cards quickly and accurately. If you need to install a smart lock, door lock, deadbolt, key fob, file cabinet lock or a master key system, give us a call.

Key Hole

Family owned and operated since 1960, The Key Hole Inc. has provided thousands of locks and lock/security systems of every make and grade conceivable to our Baltimore clients. Moreover, our locksmiths treat our clients as valued business partners. That is, we treat all of our clients as equals and value their input so that the end result satisfies both parties.

Johnny the Locksmith

Whether you’re locked out of your home or need to upgrade the locks in your house, we can help. Our expert locksmiths have the tools and training to pop open all kinds of residential door locks as well as install and repair locking systems commonly used in homes. We make sure that you never have to doubt the safety of your home again.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Locksmith Services – Access Control, Automotive Services, Residential, Commercial, Keyless Entry, & Safe & Safe Deposits.