Ramos Plumbing & Handyman Services

Founded 2013 • With Angi since December 2013

206 Mount Vernon Pl

Rockville, MD 20852

Ramos Plumbing & Handyman Services is family owned and operated. We are a local company located in Rockville, Maryland, and we offer our services to most of the Montgomery county and the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. Martin Ramos is a licensed plumber with 20 years of experience who has

04/23/2021

Kerry W.

Mr. Ramos was wonderful! We had a leak coming from the ceiling in the basement. We had another well-known area plumber come out first. He looked at the leak, searched the house for a bit and told us that it was not a plumbing leak and was a foundation issue. He said he would have to cut holes in ceilings all over the house to confirm but “knew” he wouldn’t find a plumbing issue. A day before the foundation company was scheduled to come and, no doubt, charge us 10s of thousands of dollars, we got a second opinion from Mr. Ramos. He found a pipe leak within an hour, repaired it, and saved us from getting unnecessary foundation work. He said he wouldn’t stop until he found that leak. He was determined and professional.

Description of Work
Plumbing Leak

08/28/2020

Sarah M.

Martin was great! He was incredibly prompt and professional, spotted the issue immediately, and was able to fix the problem very quickly. I absolutely would use Ramos Plumbing again!

Description of Work
Kitchen sink leak

01/21/2018

Andrew I.

Ramos Plumbing broke our hot water heater! After reading good reviews online, we called Ramos Plumbing to repair water lines for our washing machine. Although the repair required two trips (one trip to perform the repair and another trip to address a small leak as a result of the repair), the work they performed was good, quick, and reasonably priced. The next day we found that we had no hot water! Our electric hot water heater would not turn on, even after troubleshooting it per the owner's manual and switching our circuit breaker several times. When trying to diagnose what went wrong, we saw that the cold water feed to our electric hot water heater was turned off. Clearly, in the process of performing their repair work, Ramos Plumbing turned off the cold water feed to our electric hot water heater. They never notified us that they turned off the cold water feed, and they failed to turn it back on upon completion of their work. This caused our hot water heater to overheat and eventually break, as no water was being fed into it for an entire day. We've tried calling and have left numerous messages for Ramos Plumbing to come back out and fix this issue. They have yet to return our calls and messages. We're extremely disappointed with their unprofessionalism. This company clearly does not care about customer service. Our experience with Ramos Plumbing has been a nightmare. They broke our hot water heater when performing a repair on our washing machine. We essentially paid $200 for them to break our hot water heater. The frustration with having no hot water has been compounded with the fact that they will not return our calls. We highly suggest going with a different company if a plumber is needed.

Description of Work
The water line to our washing machine needed to be fixed.

11/29/2017

Cecilia M.

Very well and timely

Description of Work
Replaced sump pump

Category plumbing, wells

10/31/2016

Alexis Z.

The problem of course was way more complicated than we had anticipated and ended up with Martin snaking my main line at 10pm on a Saturday, doing everything he could to ensure our home was safe from sewage and that we were able to use all the water in the house. He did not rush through the job, he did not charge me an arm and a leg for coming out during the evening. He is so responsive! He even followed up with us the next day to ensure we were water free. He has given me advice on how to prolong the life of my pipes. I would recommend him to anyone!

Description of Work
Diagnose cause for water in my basement

04/02/2016

Denise S.

I called Martin on Friday night and he came out the next morning to replace a 17 yr old hot water heater. What should've been a routine swap was complicated by the water main shutoff and the exhaust vent not being up to code. Martin upgraded those two issues for me. I also requested that he replace a smaller shutoff valve and a section of pipe that had been repaired with a clamp. He happily did everything I requested even though the original visit took much longer than planned. When he says that he will treat your home as if it were his - that's exactly what he did. Martin was very respectful, professional, informative, efficient, friendly and very neat. I totally trust his opinion. I will definitely call on him again and enthusiastically recommend him. Also, his estimate was the lowest out of three bids.

Description of Work
Replace a hot water heater.

05/25/2015

Fitzgerald D.

Martin was fantastic. The water heater we inherited with our house finally starting leaking (it was about 25 years old). I purchased a water heater from the Home Depot; Martin did not insist that I purchase one through him or levy any surcharge. He charged a flat fee for installation. The job was more difficult than he anticipated; our old water heater used a 3 inch vent, which is no longer up to code. Not only did he have to put in new ductwork to install the larger vent, but he also had to reroute all the water pipes going in and out of our water heater in order to fit it all. He started before 3PM, and was at our house working hard until 10PM (on a Saturday). If we had gone with another plumber and paid by the hour, we very likely would have paid much more for installation. Moreover, when we opened the water heater, we discovered that it was dented. Martin went with me to the Home Depot to exhange it. This process to about 45 minutes, and Martin was patient and proffesional during all of this. In fact, had I been at the Home Depot by myself, I'm fairly certain the exchange process would have taken much longer. Our old water heater was positioned very close to our HVAC system. Martin also took the time to move the pipes so that we have easier access to the HVAC to change filters, etc. I would recommend Martin without hesitation.

Description of Work
Installed a new water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

01/22/2014

Joyce B.

I thought it was excellent. They were thorough and trustworthy. Martin was very wonderful.

Description of Work
I use the plumbing services of Ramos Plumbing. They tried to find a leak in my basement and he also put a shower head on for me.

Category plumbing

Green Painting & Carpentry Inc.

Green Painting offers a unique service. We are a Maryland-based team of craftsmen dedicated to the highest degree of quality and service, paying special attention to the health affects and environmental impact of each project. Actively researching and testing the latest eco-friendly technologies, we ensure that the paints, finishes, and adhesives used are all zero-VOC and that our cleaning supplies meet the highest standards to mitigate exposure to environmental toxins. We practice smart recycling techniques to reduce waste often associated with contracting projects, which in turn benefits our environment. By selecting a Green Painting project you will limit exposure to harmful petrochemicals while achieving the highest degree of professionalism and excellence. Additional Service Area:olney, mount airy, chevy chase, bethesda, potomac, mongomery village, tacoma park,white oak, olney,

Homm Certified Painting Systems

At Hömm Certified Painting Systems, we don’t just get the painting job done, we get the job done right. We believe in clear, consistent communication with our clients and dedication to artistry and expertise. We value work ethic and industry standards, and continually strive to be the leader in the exterior and interior painting services in the Northern Virginia and Maryland. Angi Super Service Award for 14 consecutive years including 2021. We are committed to our clients by following our customer service oriented processes. We make sure that the outcome of every project, regardless of its size, will be satisfactory. We value your business and we will strive to keep it. 10 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Additional email - info@hommcps.com. Additional phone - (703) 920-1230. We look forward to working with you!

Offers Coupon

University Painters

University Painters of Gaithersburg has been providing professional painting services to Montgomery County for 15+ years. Our team is comprised of 4 professional crews ranging anywhere from 3-6 members. Our team set up has allowed us to handle projects ranging in size from 1-2 bedrooms to whole home painting. We also provide light commercial work services. Our commercial projects have varied from single office build outs and restaurant's to large scale condominium projects.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

A residential and commercial Plumbing company that provides plumbing contract services, including: service, repair, kitchen and bath renovations and new constructions

Ask for details.