INTERIOR GUARDS WINDOW TINTING

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2005

638 LOFSTRAND LN STE C

Rockville, MD 20850

Interior Guards Window Tinting, LLC is a family owned business which was being providing installation since 1991. Our business motto is "Providing Solar, Safety and Decorative Window Film Solutions". Through this motto we have of grown into one of the largest and strongest window film companies in

11/04/2017

Karen N.

Excellent contractor and product. Ken and Ben were very professional pleasant. Love the product. This is the 2nd installation in a different area of our home.

Description of Work
Installed Llumar UV window film on sunroom windows

03/20/2017

Judith F.

1. They didn't answer the phone. The auto-attendant said the message box was full - "please call back" - not likely. 2. The website is messed up. No on-line form available to complete to receive an estimate. 3. Website - sales video comes on with no prompting. Had to shut down computer to turn it off. 4. Very unsatisfactory experience.

Description of Work
Residential window tinting

Category window tinting

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review. We are working on a new website and have had some bugs in it. We are available monday through friday 8am-5pm daily. Please give us a call again we are happy to help you out. Laurence Streidel

11/07/2016

Lee S.

I sent several messages to the company to schedule service and never received a reply. I finally contacted Angie's List and requested a refund.

Description of Work
I purchased an Angie's List deal from this company for 70SF of residential window tinting for $350.00.

02/01/2016

Tom L.

I used them a couple of times and have always had great service. I believe they have growing pains, as they had to re-schedule and seemed slammed with business. Could be they have a lot of commercial and government work these days. I had a couple of bubbles after they applied the film, but it's not a big issue. I mentioned it to the boss, but they told me it would eventually shrink and not be an issue, but it didn't shrink, and I don't feel its' that important enough of an issue to come back, as it can hardly be seen unless you look for it. I just wish they'd addressed it. All in all worth it.

Description of Work
Provided Scotch Guard film to doors and windows.

12/28/2015

Robert P.

Guys were very meticulous Windows look great I also thought the price was extremely reasonable

Description of Work
Installed 3m security film

Category replacement windows, window tinting, security windows

12/07/2015

Linda W.

Exceptional work! Recommended them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Put UV block film on our breakfast room and sunroom windows.

10/16/2015

Dale G.

They took their time, in a good way, made sure the match was exact, that the windows were clean so their were no bubbles, and even cut the film a little shorter so that when windows are closed it will not peel, bubble or wear.

Description of Work
Front driver and passenger windows to match back windows on my excursion

08/03/2015

Bob O.

I got the same work with same quality materials for 1/3 (one-third) the price Interior Guards bid. Two other companies also bid less than a third for the same work with similar materials. I don't like to talk badly of someone, but I thought I might save someone hundreds of dollars (or thousands, depending on the size of the job) by publishing this.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate.

Category window tinting

Thank you for your feedback. Because our company goes to great lengths to provide the highest levels of customer service; we use only premium products, primarily 3M window films. The 3M product does command a higher price due to the superior quality of the product. This comparison is unbalanced since the bid you accepted was from another manufacturer. We have found in our 15 years of business that consumers are happier and ultimately have less complications with 3M’s premium products that have been professionally installed. Sincerely, Laurence Streidel Owner, Interior Guards Window Films

06/28/2015

Cathy B.

Was friendly, fast and the price was reasonable. I had tried tinting the windows myself and it was a nightmare! Thanks for a job well done!

Description of Work
Added tinting to my bonus room.

Category window tinting

[member name removed], It was a pleasure to work with you. I look forward to working with you again.

07/25/2014

cliff S.

Owner/Chief Estimator named Laurence arrived as scheduled on 2/19/2014 to perform work and was paid in full. After vendor had finished work, I noticed extensive bubbling underneath film. I was aware that this type of application required time to dry and for moisture bubbles to dissipate. There was one area, however, where the bubbling looked different than the rest in that it appeared there was some time of aggregate underneath that was causing the bubbles. The vendor assured me that this would dry out between 30-90 days. After 90 days, I contacted the vendor and informed him that the regular moisture bubbles had gone away but the 20 eraser size bubbles that looked different from the rest originally had not changed at all. He then said he was out of town for the next month but he would follow up mid-June and repair if necessary. Vendor did not contact me. I followed up with him mid-june via email and again the following week and received no response. I followed up a third time and finally got an email from an unnamed representative who said that someone would come the following week to assess the situation. Two representatives from the vendor came the following week, evaluated the bubbles and said that there was indeed some type of dirt that was under the film when originally installed. The removed the old film, cleaned the glass and then installed new film. After they installed the film, they were supposed to also install Dow 995 sealant in order to complete the work. They told me they did not know that this was needed on this job, didn't have any and would contact the owner to have someone come by and finish the work. That was 3 weeks ago and I still haven't head anything. At this point, I'll just do the sealing part myself. This vendor was friendly and professional during estimation and original installation but It was a real hassle dealing with them for follow-up. While they did mostly repair the original installation problem, they didn't totally complete it and it involved extensive contact on my part over many months.

Description of Work
Installed Safety and Security Film on sliding doors and various windows around home

07/01/2014

Kris B.

I would have probably just ignored writing a review for this job, but I purchased the "Big Deal" for window tinting and shortly later received an email from the company asking me more about the job and actually scheduled a time to come out. I told them that June 23rd would work better for me and gave them more information on the job and sent pictures. I did not hear back from the guy. Around June 25 or 26th, I recalled that we should of had services performed by this company. I emailed again stating that they were supposed to come out and no one showed. Then I get an email stating that I am too far away and that he can not do the job. I totally get that I am outside the service area and you can't do the work, but tell someone. Don't tell someone that you will do the job and ask for more information and then no show. If I would have said nothing, the company would have pocketed the cash and not said a word and that is why I am leaving this review. If someone is out of the service area, notify them and help fix it, don't just do nothing. That is wrong. I had to email Angie's list and then call and wait for over 30 minutes to get a refund because it was beyond 30 days since buying the "Big Deal".

Description of Work
Supposed to install window tinting in morning room.

Category window tinting

[member name removed], Unfortuatley there was some confusion with this client and the locations we servie. Angieslist had our area of service incorrect-we cannot service a area from [member information removed] which is 3 1/2 hrs away. We at interior guards always refund monies that are purchased and unfortualey this customer is incorrectly stating that we scammed them. I am going to speak with angieslist to get the customer a refund since it was purchased after 30 days. I would like to say we are sorry for the confusion about our service area and has been corrected. Please contact me if you have any questions or need a referral to your area. laurence Streidel owner.

07/01/2014

Orlando S.

Laurence was on time, great price and was done in no time at all. Such a good job, we are doing the rest of the home.

Description of Work
Tinting of windows on the west side of home as well as a cathedral window and door with 2 side lights.

Category window tinting

Great Client to work with!!!! Thank you for the opportunity!!!

03/25/2014

Rita R.

Provider was prompt, professional, and courteous. He took extra measures to keep the area clean. He did a professional job, and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed window film on bay window and side windows.

Category window tinting

[member name removed], Thank you for the great review. Please let us know if you need any future window film installation in your home or for commercial applications. Laurence streidel

03/19/2014

Joe M.

Went great! Lawrence is a true pro and a great person. He did a terrific job and even gave me a deal on the window above the front door. Note that the Big Deal doesn't cover any work that requires a ladder, which I was not aware of. But Lawrence is flexible and will provide a reasonable price for any additional work. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Installed window tinting on all the front facing windows.

01/03/2014

Andrew W.

Lawrence was great - he showed up within the time window we had agreed to, he applied the window tinting while explaining the minimal care required during the drying process, and cleaned everything up upon completion. I would definitely recommend his service.

Description of Work
Lawrence applied window tinting to 4 double-hung windows.

Category window tinting

[member name removed], It was a pleasure to work with you again. Thank you for the opportunity. Laurence Streidel

10/01/2013

Patricia O.

Great. They gave me an immediate date, I picked the time, got an arrival time shortly before, the man arrived on time and did the work perectly. Took off all the debris afterwards. I had called the original installer (who did a lot of other windows) and he gave me a price $50 higher. I thought he should have done better by me.

Description of Work
Removed window tint in my living room (that they had not installed).

Category window tinting

[member name removed], Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you. We here at Interior Guards Window Tinting look forward to working with you in the future. Dont forget Window film helps in the winter too. Laurence Streidel Interior Guards Window Tinting, LLC

09/28/2013

Janet G.

Was 1-2 hours late for each appointment. I always had to call to see if they were coming. The employees were very polite. The day after they applied the film we noticed the rooms were very dark. When we compared the sample we selected to the folk they applied we noticed they were not the same. We explained the issue. After they came and checked ( late again) the mistake was evident. The company acknowledged their error and agreed to replace the film. They were very understanding. They had to order the film. They returned (late again, 2 hours) and applied the correct film. We have had no issues with the film, it's a good product.

Description of Work
Put window film on windows.

09/12/2013

Todd K.

Totally blew me off for a scheduled visit with no call to say they could not make it.

08/20/2013

SCOTT B.

The owner/installer was punctual, thorough in his explanations, and completely professional in his work. The work was completed on time and I am completely satisfied. His estimate was fair and below that of a local Baltimore Company with a bit of a shady reputation. I was very happy that I discovered him through Angie's List and would give him my highest recommendation. The cleanup was also excellent.

Description of Work
Window Tinting (approximately 500 square feet) for a sunroom.

08/14/2013

Ilyssa W.

The work and result are great. With the film we get much less glare, less heat, and some privacy. The installation was performed neatly and efficiently. They cleaned up everything and left the areas spotless.

Description of Work
Window film installation on the front foyer windows and living room.

Category window tinting, security windows

08/12/2013

K G.

The owner (Lawrance) did the tinting installation in a very professional and timely manner. Completely satisfied. The tinting film should provide years of reliable service in our sunroom.

Description of Work
Window tinting for approximately 84 square feet.

07/08/2013

Ganesh T.

The provider gave an estimate of the cost based on the number of windows and the Angie's list big deal. Arrived on appointment time and installed the window films. The provider conducted professionally. I would use the provider for future window tinting needs.

Description of Work
Install window film.

Category window tinting, security windows

05/28/2013

Jeffrey K.

We are having a new sunroom addition being built onto the house. We have 3 sets of quad sliding glass doors and 8 windows. We're interested in adding window film/tinting for sun protection and privacy. Back in mid-April we submitted a request on Interior Guards website for an estimate and never heard anything. Then we left a message in mid-May. We finally received a call and scheduled an in-home estimate. It took a few weeks to get a response and we schedule the estimate for Monday, Memorial Day holiday. Yes, we know it was a holiday, but they offered to come out on Monday between 10 and 10:30am, but no one showed up. Not even a courtesy/reminder call the day before or that morning. At 11am we left a message asking someone to call us back, no response to date. We had errands to run and there were no missed calls or messages when we got home. The estimate was supposed to take up to 30 minutes and film samples were going to be provided. A full day has since gone by and no response. We have since then researched other window film/tint companies and will start looking elsewhere. We gave an OVERALL rating of a "D" vs. an "F" because we did eventually get a call vs. none at all.

Description of Work
Bottom line...nothing.

03/16/2013

Sue-Jean K.

When I called the shop, the representative was quick to set up a work visit. the representative said that the job sounded not to cost more than the minimum charge of $300, to which I agreed. Two men showed on on the service date fifteen minutes before the scheduled time, and got the work done fast. They were courteous and professional.

Description of Work
I hired the shop to put anti-UV film on small pieces of 2 windows in my master bedroom facing south.

03/06/2013

Joan U.

Overall the expericene was good and I would use them again.

Description of Work
The company was very responsive. The only thing was the tech wasn't sure how many square feet te job I wanted was, I measured after the visit and I could have gotten one more window done. However, this was a very good value compaied to other estimates I had gotten. I would recommend this company and have them do work in the future.

Exquisite Roofing & Exteriors, LLC

Exquisite Roofing and Exteriors LLC is a family owned and operated business that's fully committed to serving the residential roofing, windows, and other exterior home improvement needs of our clients. We pride ourselves on quality and professionalism. In addition to residential and commercial roofing services, we also specialize in providing a broad range of services including window replacements, storm damage repair, metal roofing, custom deck design, replacement of doors, gutter replacement services, and more! We are CertainTeed preferred contractors and GAF certified! We are fully licensed and certified to operate with your insurance! and Yes we do provide FREE No-Obligation Estimates! ALL ESTIMATES ARE GOOD FOR 90 days Give us a call, message, or email! exquisiteroofingexteriors@gmail.com Office manager phone: (443)734-7152 We also have the app so message us too if that is more convenient for you!

Zen Windows of Washington DC

At Zen Windows, we think that finding replacement windows, sliding doors and entry doors for your home should be a simple, pleasant experience. Our team works closely with you via e-mail and phone to help shape the improvements you envision without ever having a salesperson visit your home. We offer award-winning, energy-efficient windows and doors, and provide a lifetime transferable product and installation warranty. Zen Windows sets our clients at ease with our No Down Payment Policy. You won't pay a penny until the job is completed. Simple, easy, stress-free...the way it should be.

Whiting Co

Whiting Co has been serving the Baltimore and Washington areas for 41 years. When you work with Whiting Co, you work with highly experienced professionals who have worked with the company for over 25 years. If inquiring about work through Quick Connect program, please include a phone number to contact you. Award winning. Additional DBA - The Whiting Company. Additional website - www.whitingcompany.com .***CURRENTLY, WE ARE ONLY TAKING ON NEW INSTALLATION/REPLACEMENT JOBS**. We aren't doing small repair jobs. Additional phone: 301-218-5400

Offers by Whiting Co on Angi

3M window film, 3M Prestige, 3M Night Vision, Residential and Commercial Glass Tinting, Decorative films, 3M Fasara, UV protection, Safety and Security 3M Redirecting Film 3M Di Noc Solar Gard Window Film, Solyx decorative films.

NONE