In & Out Movers And Relocation

Founded 1996 • With Angi since March 2011

Welcome to In & Out Movers. We are a family owned and operated company in the business for more then 15 years. We perform residential, commercial, local, long distance and international moving services. Our full service storage facility is located in Montgomery County, Maryland. Serving Maryland,

4.2

4.4

movers (174)storage unit (6)piano movers (3)

09/30/2021

Samantha C.

In & Out movers were great! They were flexible with the dates, times, and needs of my multi-state move. The team worked together efficiently to help me pack up my apartment and then reassemble in the new location. I thought the pricing was very fair compared to their competitors. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Moved from DC to NYC

Work Completed On 09/30/2021

08/13/2021

Jackie N.

Greg was the telephone contact. Very personable, and understanding of the special needs of this move. We even had to push the date back a week, and that went smoothly. I got an emailed copy of the contract. Gregg and I discussed the issues, and corrected the contract: furniture inventory was given, and number of total hours was reduced. (Clincher: make sure you get updated contract once details are confirmed.) Moving day arrived, movers were kind, personable, and polite. They took excellent care of the antique furniture as were absolutely meticulous about wrapping glass and fragile wood pieces. Major kudos to the moving team, and their leader Jose. They were fast, and thorough. Everything arrived in perfect condition, and the movers bent over backwards to ensure everything was done right. Then they called the office to close the ticket when they were done. Jose called with the final numbers and hours that lined up with the second conversation I had with Greg. BUT, Egal, the owner answered. He insisted that we pay the original contract, which was double the price and too many hours. And, even though I said this was incorrect, Egal apparently charged the card without discussion with Greg. When I called Greg back approximately 2 hours later, he was quick to attempt to remedy the situation. BUT, Greg learned that Egal had added a fifth worker, without telling Greg, or me! So, there were several telephone calls back and forth; one of which, involved me getting very angry that the refund had not been processed on the same date as the charge, and them lowering the charges due to my anger at their lackadaisical attitude toward charging almost double of what the final contract was that Greg and I had discussed. LONG story short. The moving team was stellar, well above average! The communication with the office is not so great, and you may have to call them several times to make sure they did what they promised charges-related because the office workers apparently do not communicate with each other. AND, I still haven’t received the credit card statement, so I’m not exactly sure that we are finished this transaction. Sadly.

Description of Work
Move large, heavy, and fragile items to a home 15 miles away from the original home.

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

02/08/2021

Quintin H.

Called the company They provided the cost of the job, I specifically told the Manager what needed to be done. He told me this should be easily done in the time period. They took an initial deposit of $185.00 .They came out and started by 9:30am and Finished at 12:45pm. They ended up charging me and additional $185.00. To me it sound like a bait and switch. They get you end then they increase the bill. In addition my china cabinet end was damage. No mention of reimbursement from the company. I cannot recommend this company to performed moving services for anybody.

Description of Work
Hire the I and Out to move a Upright Piano, Dinning room China Cabinet, Buffet table, Kitchen table , 4 chairs, male dresser , kids book shelf, and a file cabinet

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

Review for In & Out Movers And Relocation - 563 Southlawn Ln, Rockville, MD - 39180884

11/06/2020

Teresa E.

Fine. Would hire again but not moving for a while

Description of Work
Moved from city to county

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

07/20/2020

Danielle B.

Do Not Use In and Out Movers. Horrible horrible crooks. Came to our house, gave us an estimate of $6700, 6800lbs .70 a pound. We packed all our stuff. 2,600 sq ft home. 3 other moving companies provided quotes of $8k and $9k. I went with In and Out. Igal the salesman was so nice offered a military discount dropped the price to $6100. We spoke to him 2 months in advance. I sent 5 emails asking for confirmation because our travel plans changed. After Igal received our deposit all communication stopped until I repeatedly called. Igal refused to respond to my emails. Moving day comes, the truck is to small. They need a second truck. We had a storage unit with 30 boxes and a queen size bed that still had not made it on the truck. Igal calls once everything is on the truck and states he has to charge us another $4000. And thats just for the household truck he hasn't included the storage unit and he states he's going to charge more once the truck is weighted again with the storage unit goods. He tells me my household goods weights 12,000 pounds. Not including the storage unit. Igal is telling me this the day all our prize passions are on his truck, we are driving to FL, and he's explaining there's nothing I can do about it because I've signed a contract and I agreed to .70 per pound. He's also very busy and is on his way to the beach with family. The movers were excellent. Professional, polite, fast, and efficient. Truck arrived the next day.

Description of Work
Moving from State to State

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

[Member Name Removed], We are very sorry you were not satisfied with the quality of your move. The last thing we ever want to do is "bait and switch" with a low estimate, and the initial price was based on a much smaller inventory list than what we encountered when we got to the house and storage unit on moving day. To bring everything you wanted we had to provide a second truck and crew to drive all the way to Florida and back, and there was no way we could be able to do that for you at the price of only having to send one truck without having a very substantial loss on our end. We are always up front that interstate moves are priced based upon the total weight of the items being shipped, and can increase if additional goods are added. We provided weight tickets from a certified scale to confirm the final total, and even offered a $2000 discount (on top of the military discount) to compensate for the shock compared to the original estimate. We really hope that you reconsider your "F" rating, as even you acknowledged the the movers were excellent, professional, polite, fast, and efficient. We're a good and honest company and did our best to provide you A+ service at a fair value for the amount of work that actually needed to be done. Wishing you all the best with your new home in Florida.

05/26/2020

ShaKisha C.

After an extensive process, I used In & Out Movers (much to my dismay) to move approximately 10 minutes away from where I was living. Initially my experience was going well while working with Greg until I received a call from him on Thursday requesting that I move on Sunday instead of Saturday and he would send his best team. I agreed and we adjusted to accommodate the change. Then on Friday, I received another call to request that I reschedule my move back to Saturday. That was the beginning of the stress. On moving day, Jose and his team of two additional movers showed up late and to start, Jose tried to have me sign that they started working earlier than they had gotten there and they had not even parked the truck yet. Once they started moving, Jose spent entirely too much time trying to have conversations with me - I know where he is from, how he tries to beat the system on trucking hours on long distance trips by keeping multiple logs, how he fell on another job, how he is like Igal's son, how he likes video games and computers, etc.; he even showed me where he chipped the paint in my new building on a prior move and pointed it out as though he was proud. I found myself saying things to Jose like "well, I will let you get back to work" but he did not care. Jose also did two shoe changes and commenced to show me that he changed them (well, the first time). He also said (to me) "I'm not carrying that" about some of my furniture and spent plenty of time having what appeared to be very amusing conversations with his team. Jose also failed to realize that I could see him and his team outside hanging out when they should have been moving my furniture and boxes. Fast forwarding to the unload, I noticed that I had not seen any of the movers in quite some time and when we looked off of my balcony, we saw one of the movers sitting on the truck on his phone and saw Jose and the other mover chatting and laughing. At this point, we were way behind schedule and we were already hours over our expected time although I had everything ready for them when they arrived. I was tired of them spending more time chatting than working (at $150 per hour) so I called the office and spoke with Igal. When Jose came upstairs, he confronted me about calling his boss and tried to tell me that he gave his team a quick 10 minute break, which was completely untrue as I saw them having fun for at least 10 minutes when I called, not to mention the countless other breaks. Jose then tried to intimidate me when I told him yes I did and let him know that I saw them outside hanging out on the truck and I saw them doing this at the pickup as well. On top of all of this, the movers did not place the furniture where asked (although Jose asked when we got there), they did not put boxes in the rooms where they were labeled, blocked walkways, and did not take care with my furniture - they left a screw belonging to a glass end table on the floor that I luckily I spotted and put in my purse and they also put my glass coffee table back together incorrectly. It was a headache working with these guys; it was like working with children who try to do sneaky things when they feel no one is looking except that when I came out, they still would not do the right thing. They worked and walked slowly, they took way too many breaks and were just very unprofessional. I always use movers for my moves, whether interstate or locally, and this has been the most stressful and lazy team I have ever worked with so I will not hire them again and will never recommend them to anyone. I did speak to Igal with Jose hovering over me and trying to intimidate me and he gave me a 10% discount to try to band-aid the issues but at $150 an hour, this did not even take off an hour of the time they spent taking breaks and getting paid for them. I would never recommend them nor use them again. UPDATE: Jacob called me to "make this right" and offered a refund of $150. Then asked me to remove my review and I told him I would agree to update the review. Now I have been charged an extra $150 that I did not authorize. I implore you: Do NOT use this company.

Description of Work
Local Move

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

Hey [Member Name Removed], I am so sorry you didn't have an ideal experience. We reviewed your complaint with our crew (as we would never tolerate the level of unprofessionalism you described) and got a very different story. At the end of the day we completed the move to within an hour of the agreed estimate and even refunded you the difference for the time that went over due to your complaints, in addition to the 10% discount you mentioned in the review. We always strive to provide the best experience for our customers and always appreciate feedback, but feel your review paints a very inaccurate picture of our company and how we perform. Wishing you all the best with your new place.

01/03/2019

Woody S.

The 3 guys did a grea job, worked fast and efficiently

Description of Work
some packing and moving to different location

11/27/2018

Trish G.

They were super great. Very nice. If i have to move again I would use them again.

Description of Work
Packed and Helped moved.

Work Completed On 05/19/2018

11/16/2018

Daniel W.

They are perfect in everything, I've been using them for years and they are outstanding. They are friendly, professional and excellent.

Description of Work
They provide a moving service.

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

11/12/2018

Renee T C.

They were great! I thought their prices were high. They moved me on a Tuesday and moved me in my new home on Thursday. I thought the fees for 2 days were expensive. They were great people and packed everything well and were very professional.

Description of Work
They moved me.

Work Completed On 02/15/2018

11/09/2018

Kim A.

I've used In & Out twice, and they were fabulous both times! They showed up and quickly got to work taking things apart and moving things out. The guys were really friendly and professional and obviously really knew what they were doing. There were actually a couple pieces I was worried about them being able to move or get where I wanted them, but they had no issues!

Description of Work
Moving and Packing

Work Completed On 10/21/2017

11/05/2018

Barbara B.

I have used In and Out Movers four times in this past year. Each time I have had different crews show up. They have always been on time, are all extremely professional, will go above and beyond to get the job done every time!! They’ve moved me in a snow storm, as well into the wee hours of the night. No need to look for another mover - these are the best while also being the most economical!

Description of Work
Moving Services

Work Completed On 11/03/2018

02/18/2018

Aliza H.

Movers were very professional. It was raining very hard the morning of the move. The foreman explained clearly what they were going to do to protect the furniture and that it would probably take longer than estimated. None of the furniture was damaged. The crew did what they could to avoid bringing stuff out during the heaviest rain. Did not charge us extra for extra packaging materials.

Description of Work
Moving, including piano.

Category moving companies, piano moving

Work Completed On 02/18/2018

11/30/2017

Jonathan F.

The crew of 4 movers were extremely professional, courteous, and efficient in their work. They were careful and hard working, and I would recommend them to anyone. The manager, Igal, is very friendly and aims to make sure the customer is happy with the service performed. The move included moving an upright piano, and unlike some companies, they did not charge extra for this. I also received a call the next day after the move and because I felt some of the packing material costs were a bit high, he provided a discount. Overall I am very satisfied with the move and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Local residential house move

Category moving companies, piano moving

Work Completed On 11/29/2017

09/12/2017

Todd D.

We hired In & Out movers 2X for local moves (as in down the street). The estimate and final price were very different both times. The first time in April 2013 we packed everything and they moved it. I had 3 estimates. In & Out did NOT come out to the house to see it first - Igal just talked me thru each room. The estimate was around $1100 but the final price was close to $1800. They did a great job but I told Igal he should go to people's houses to estimate. His "low" bid was the same as the other 2 after the additional $700. August 2017 I needed to move my renters out of my house. I recommended they get an estimate from Igal. This time he came to the house. He estimated $3900 including packing, and moving garage and attic items. They gave my renters a bill of $6600 and my renters moved the attic and garage items themselves! After talking through it the final bill was over $4400. They move people everyday so there should not be any surprises. They know to include driving time to your house and tax in the estimate but they don't SAY it. They did a good job but I can no longer recommend them because they give you the lowest bid but that is not what you will pay. I emailed them about this but they never emailed me back.

Description of Work
We've paid them for 2 local moves. The final price was a lot higher than estimate both times.

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

08/22/2017

Shubhi P.

very well. we will be hiring them to go to another state also.

Description of Work
Responded to all my emails; gave me the pricing on the phone and showed up on time. we needed to move some stuff to the apartment and some to the storage area. They planned the move well after seeing everything we had.

Category moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 08/18/2017

08/13/2017

Mary B.

Went well; movers were flexible and provided all packing material. No extra charges were added on, which can happen sometimes. Very satisfied

Description of Work
Moving furniture from mother's home to mine

08/10/2017

Diana J.

Great! Scheduling was easy and they were very responsive via email and phone. The team was very punctual and took great care of my items (wrapped and protected any items I hadn't packed properly since I'd packed in a rush). They also took care not to scratch any walls or floor when in the apartment. They made sure I inspected everything to ensure no items were left behind or lost. Overalll the process was very transparent, all the costs and possible upcharges were explained before hand.

Description of Work
Moving furniture and belongings from storage unit to 3rd floor apartment.

Work Completed On 07/15/2017

03/03/2017

Rita C.

The move went well until we arrived at my new home and discovered my big screen TV was broken. I was told to contact the company and was guaranteed by the mover that the company would repair and/or replace my TV. After calling and emailing the company all weekend, I was finally able to reach someone on Tuesday morning because the manager Egal thought I was calling to set up service. At that time, he offered me $296 for my 65" 3D Smart TV that was broken. I stated that I would not accept that amount. He requested for me to have someone come out to give an estimate on how much it would cost for the TV to be fixed and he would reimburse me. The specialist came to my home and stated that the TV was broken due to impact. Provided a quote that stated the TV could be fixed for $850 to $1250. He also stated that my TV was valued at $1000 to $1250. I am currently still trying to be reimbursed for the estimated value of my TV.

Description of Work
Moving Services

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

Review for In & Out Movers And Relocation - 563 Southlawn Ln, Rockville, MD - 34554351

11/07/2016

Ervin H H.

Move went okay. They were very slow. They quoted $125.00 per hour and added extra charges.

Description of Work
Move about 6 miles

Work Completed On 09/21/2016

10/18/2016

cece H.

It was a pleasure working with well-spoken, consummate professionals and nice to see the loyalty that keeps the same, reliable team together over the years.?

Description of Work
We had a small job for Swift & Gentle--moving furniture and boxes within our house--but they treated us with as much courtesy and professionalism as if we'd been a big job for them. The good experience started from the minute I called to schedule, with friendly and responsive service. They were able to fit us in their schedule on short notice even though we had this odd small job. The price was very reasonable and more than worth every darn penny.

Work Completed On 08/08/2016

09/13/2016

Mary B.

packed all things securely. everything arrived safely.

Description of Work
In out movers

Work Completed On 08/12/2016