In & Out Movers And Relocation

Founded 1996 • With Angi since March 2011

7:30 AM - 7:30 AM

563 Southlawn Ln

Rockville, MD 20850

We use full PPE and sanitize all equipment between moves

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Welcome to In & Out Movers. We are a family owned and operated company in the business for more then 15 years. We perform residential, commercial, local, long distance and international moving services. Our full service storage facility is located in Montgomery County, Maryland. Serving Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia and beyond. We can move you down the road, across the country or around the world. We are a full service moving company, which insures that from beginning to end, your move will be coordinated by us. Whether residential or commercial, moving is often difficult and challenging. It is our goal to make this transition easier by helping you manage and organize all aspects of your move. You can trust us to handle your move quickly, efficiently, safely and economically. Whether we are moving a few pieces to an apartment or a full house of furniture, we are completely prepared and ready. Additional phone numbers -, (866) 925-2515, (800) 346-9857, (301) 762-6620...

4.2

4.4

movers (174)storage unit (6)piano movers (3)

09/30/2021

In & Out movers were great! They were flexible with the dates, times, and needs of my multi-state move. The team worked together efficiently to help me pack up my apartment and then reassemble in the new location. I thought the pricing was very fair compared to their competitors. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Moved from DC to NYC

Work Completed On 09/30/2021

08/13/2021

Greg was the telephone contact. Very personable, and understanding of the special needs of this move. We even had to push the date back a week, and that went smoothly. I got an emailed copy of the contract. Gregg and I discussed the issues, and corrected the contract: furniture inventory was given, and number of total hours was reduced. (Clincher: make sure you get updated contract once details are confirmed.) Moving day arrived, movers were kind, personable, and polite. They took excellent care of the antique furniture as were absolutely meticulous about wrapping glass and fragile wood pieces. Major kudos to the moving team, and their leader Jose. They were fast, and thorough. Everything arrived in perfect condition, and the movers bent over backwards to ensure everything was done right. Then they called the office to close the ticket when they were done. Jose called with the final numbers and hours that lined up with the second conversation I had with Greg. BUT, Egal, the owner answered. He insisted that we pay the original contract, which was double the price and too many hours. And, even though I said this was incorrect, Egal apparently charged the card without discussion with Greg. When I called Greg back approximately 2 hours later, he was quick to attempt to remedy the situation. BUT, Greg learned that Egal had added a fifth worker, without telling Greg, or me! So, there were several telephone calls back and forth; one of which, involved me getting very angry that the refund had not been processed on the same date as the charge, and them lowering the charges due to my anger at their lackadaisical attitude toward charging almost double of what the final contract was that Greg and I had discussed. LONG story short. The moving team was stellar, well above average! The communication with the office is not so great, and you may have to call them several times to make sure they did what they promised charges-related because the office workers apparently do not communicate with each other. AND, I still haven’t received the credit card statement, so I’m not exactly sure that we are finished this transaction. Sadly.

Description of Work
Move large, heavy, and fragile items to a home 15 miles away from the original home.

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

02/08/2021

Called the company They provided the cost of the job, I specifically told the Manager what needed to be done. He told me this should be easily done in the time period. They took an initial deposit of $185.00 .They came out and started by 9:30am and Finished at 12:45pm. They ended up charging me and additional $185.00. To me it sound like a bait and switch. They get you end then they increase the bill. In addition my china cabinet end was damage. No mention of reimbursement from the company. I cannot recommend this company to performed moving services for anybody.

Description of Work
Hire the I and Out to move a Upright Piano, Dinning room China Cabinet, Buffet table, Kitchen table , 4 chairs, male dresser , kids book shelf, and a file cabinet

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

Review for In & Out Movers And Relocation - 563 Southlawn Ln, Rockville, MD - 39180884

11/06/2020

Fine. Would hire again but not moving for a while

Description of Work
Moved from city to county

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

07/20/2020

Do Not Use In and Out Movers. Horrible horrible crooks. Came to our house, gave us an estimate of $6700, 6800lbs .70 a pound. We packed all our stuff. 2,600 sq ft home. 3 other moving companies provided quotes of $8k and $9k. I went with In and Out. Igal the salesman was so nice offered a military discount dropped the price to $6100. We spoke to him 2 months in advance. I sent 5 emails asking for confirmation because our travel plans changed. After Igal received our deposit all communication stopped until I repeatedly called. Igal refused to respond to my emails. Moving day comes, the truck is to small. They need a second truck. We had a storage unit with 30 boxes and a queen size bed that still had not made it on the truck. Igal calls once everything is on the truck and states he has to charge us another $4000. And thats just for the household truck he hasn't included the storage unit and he states he's going to charge more once the truck is weighted again with the storage unit goods. He tells me my household goods weights 12,000 pounds. Not including the storage unit. Igal is telling me this the day all our prize passions are on his truck, we are driving to FL, and he's explaining there's nothing I can do about it because I've signed a contract and I agreed to .70 per pound. He's also very busy and is on his way to the beach with family. The movers were excellent. Professional, polite, fast, and efficient. Truck arrived the next day.

Description of Work
Moving from State to State

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

[Member Name Removed], We are very sorry you were not satisfied with the quality of your move. The last thing we ever want to do is "bait and switch" with a low estimate, and the initial price was based on a much smaller inventory list than what we encountered when we got to the house and storage unit on moving day. To bring everything you wanted we had to provide a second truck and crew to drive all the way to Florida and back, and there was no way we could be able to do that for you at the price of only having to send one truck without having a very substantial loss on our end. We are always up front that interstate moves are priced based upon the total weight of the items being shipped, and can increase if additional goods are added. We provided weight tickets from a certified scale to confirm the final total, and even offered a $2000 discount (on top of the military discount) to compensate for the shock compared to the original estimate. We really hope that you reconsider your "F" rating, as even you acknowledged the the movers were excellent, professional, polite, fast, and efficient. We're a good and honest company and did our best to provide you A+ service at a fair value for the amount of work that actually needed to be done. Wishing you all the best with your new home in Florida.

05/26/2020

After an extensive process, I used In & Out Movers (much to my dismay) to move approximately 10 minutes away from where I was living. Initially my experience was going well while working with Greg until I received a call from him on Thursday requesting that I move on Sunday instead of Saturday and he would send his best team. I agreed and we adjusted to accommodate the change. Then on Friday, I received another call to request that I reschedule my move back to Saturday. That was the beginning of the stress. On moving day, Jose and his team of two additional movers showed up late and to start, Jose tried to have me sign that they started working earlier than they had gotten there and they had not even parked the truck yet. Once they started moving, Jose spent entirely too much time trying to have conversations with me - I know where he is from, how he tries to beat the system on trucking hours on long distance trips by keeping multiple logs, how he fell on another job, how he is like Igal's son, how he likes video games and computers, etc.; he even showed me where he chipped the paint in my new building on a prior move and pointed it out as though he was proud. I found myself saying things to Jose like "well, I will let you get back to work" but he did not care. Jose also did two shoe changes and commenced to show me that he changed them (well, the first time). He also said (to me) "I'm not carrying that" about some of my furniture and spent plenty of time having what appeared to be very amusing conversations with his team. Jose also failed to realize that I could see him and his team outside hanging out when they should have been moving my furniture and boxes. Fast forwarding to the unload, I noticed that I had not seen any of the movers in quite some time and when we looked off of my balcony, we saw one of the movers sitting on the truck on his phone and saw Jose and the other mover chatting and laughing. At this point, we were way behind schedule and we were already hours over our expected time although I had everything ready for them when they arrived. I was tired of them spending more time chatting than working (at $150 per hour) so I called the office and spoke with Igal. When Jose came upstairs, he confronted me about calling his boss and tried to tell me that he gave his team a quick 10 minute break, which was completely untrue as I saw them having fun for at least 10 minutes when I called, not to mention the countless other breaks. Jose then tried to intimidate me when I told him yes I did and let him know that I saw them outside hanging out on the truck and I saw them doing this at the pickup as well. On top of all of this, the movers did not place the furniture where asked (although Jose asked when we got there), they did not put boxes in the rooms where they were labeled, blocked walkways, and did not take care with my furniture - they left a screw belonging to a glass end table on the floor that I luckily I spotted and put in my purse and they also put my glass coffee table back together incorrectly. It was a headache working with these guys; it was like working with children who try to do sneaky things when they feel no one is looking except that when I came out, they still would not do the right thing. They worked and walked slowly, they took way too many breaks and were just very unprofessional. I always use movers for my moves, whether interstate or locally, and this has been the most stressful and lazy team I have ever worked with so I will not hire them again and will never recommend them to anyone. I did speak to Igal with Jose hovering over me and trying to intimidate me and he gave me a 10% discount to try to band-aid the issues but at $150 an hour, this did not even take off an hour of the time they spent taking breaks and getting paid for them. I would never recommend them nor use them again. UPDATE: Jacob called me to "make this right" and offered a refund of $150. Then asked me to remove my review and I told him I would agree to update the review. Now I have been charged an extra $150 that I did not authorize. I implore you: Do NOT use this company.

Description of Work
Local Move

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

Hey [Member Name Removed], I am so sorry you didn't have an ideal experience. We reviewed your complaint with our crew (as we would never tolerate the level of unprofessionalism you described) and got a very different story. At the end of the day we completed the move to within an hour of the agreed estimate and even refunded you the difference for the time that went over due to your complaints, in addition to the 10% discount you mentioned in the review. We always strive to provide the best experience for our customers and always appreciate feedback, but feel your review paints a very inaccurate picture of our company and how we perform. Wishing you all the best with your new place.

01/03/2019

The 3 guys did a grea job, worked fast and efficiently

Description of Work
some packing and moving to different location

11/27/2018

They were super great. Very nice. If i have to move again I would use them again.

Description of Work
Packed and Helped moved.

Work Completed On 05/19/2018

11/16/2018

They are perfect in everything, I've been using them for years and they are outstanding. They are friendly, professional and excellent.

Description of Work
They provide a moving service.

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

11/12/2018

They were great! I thought their prices were high. They moved me on a Tuesday and moved me in my new home on Thursday. I thought the fees for 2 days were expensive. They were great people and packed everything well and were very professional.

Description of Work
They moved me.

Work Completed On 02/15/2018

Residential, commercial, local, long distance and international moving & storage.

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa