Factor Appliance

Founded 2011 • With Angi since April 2012

451 HUNGERFORD DR

Rockville, MD 20850

Factor Appliance are a top choice for residential appliance repair. We can fix your refrigerator, freezer, ice maker, stove, range, cooktop, wall-oven, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. If you want top-quality workmanship, speedy service, and affordable prices, look no further than Factor Appliance. We’ve got over 20 years of experience in the appliance repair industry, and we're ready to put that knowledge to work for you! Our trip fee is $80 and this is waived if you decide to fix the appliance....

12/01/2020

Harry I.

Tyrone from Factor Appliance (in Rockville, MD) came to fix our GE dryer, which had just stopped working. We were able to schedule an appointment on short notice and he came right on time. He fixed the problem in a few minutes and charged the amount given on the phone. He took the time to explain the problem and was an excellent person to deal with in every way. We highly recommend Tyrone and Factor Appliance and now consider them our go-to appliance repair people!

Description of Work
GE clothes dryer stopped working

10/27/2020

Gerald H.

The repairman correctly diagnosed the problem being the IR shutoff control for the ice maker. The problem is the cost of the replacement part was very high as they only offer retail pricing on the manufacturer's parts. This price is many times higher than the same part from other suppliers which work as well.

Description of Work
Repair of ice making system

08/20/2020

Dennis E.

Did cursory and probably wrong diagnostic job. $80 for 10 minutres

Description of Work
Range repair

07/16/2019

John P.

Repairman (Godfrey?) showed up on time, efficiently fixed the problem, and suggested and carried out a fix to the door to keep the icing problem from recurring--a fix a repairman who worked on the same problem 4 years ago never suggested (and that guy charged a higher price as well).

Description of Work
Refrigerator did not keep to 40 degrees.

03/13/2019

Susan K.

Was able to make a decision on whether to repair the washer ($400), replace the washer ($600+), or use a different wash cycle ($0). Decided on using a different wash cycle and the timer seems to be fine on another wash cycle.

Description of Work
Checked my washing machine The timer was not working properly.

12/15/2018

Howard B.

The technician called before the appointment to inform me he was on the way to my house. He showed up ON TIME. He was polite. His shoes were wet from the rain, so he covered them with plastic. He showed me the problem with the washer and explained how to prevent it in the future.

Description of Work
My Kenmore clothes washer was not draining properly and was staining some clothes.

07/30/2018

Laurie M.

They came right away, figured out the problem quickly, gave us an interim solution and had the new part installed within a week. It was great.

Description of Work
Our freezer wasn't working properly.

05/16/2018

Michael S.

My 3-year old LG refrigerator had 2 issues: the ice maker was not dropping ice into the bin and the touch-sensitive button on the door that switches from cubed to crushed ice was not working. Factor spent approximately 20 minutes looking at things and speaking with me. We switched off the fridge at the circuit breaker and turned it back on. He then told me that whole ice maker would need replacing and the panel in the door with the touch buttons would need replacing. He quoted me $400+ for the ice maker and $500+ for the panel. I looked up the price of a new ice maker on the LG parts web site - $125. I paid $80 for the visit. I then found a repairman from LG, an actual employee of LG, to come and look. He found that the compressor was not working, the temp in my freezer was 5-10 degrees too high, and therefore the sensor in the ice maker was not allowing it to dump the ice. There is nothing at all wrong with the ice maker. He ordered a new compressor and a new panel for the door, these will arrive at my home in 48 hours and he will return that day to install them. And it's all under warranty. THAT is service.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

05/01/2018

Meredith S.

Tyrone was professional, knowledgeable and efficient. He diagnosed my problem, gave me an estimate that was fair, and he came back to perform the repair. Everything went well and smoothly, and he was pleasant and proficient. I would definitely recommend Factor Appliance. I also liked their appointment confirmation system, and it was easy to get an appointment that was convenient for me.

Description of Work
I needed to fix my GE cooktop

04/26/2018

Charles J.

Found no problem....was very honest and gave us suggestions on extending life of dishwasher.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Glenmont Heating & A/C

When Glenmont Heating & Air Conditioning was founded 28 years ago, we had one goal in mind; providing area families, and businesses with solutions that fit their lifestyles and needs, as well as their wallets. If you have any questions about heating and air conditioning maintenance, a new HVAC system, or are looking into installing a more energy efficient system, Glenmont Heating and Air is the solution to your needs.

Mannix Heating & Cooling

Mannix Heating and Cooling is a full service HVAC contractor with a location in Chantilly VA and Gaithersburg MD to serve you. We offer an extensive array of services designed to keep your heating and cooling equipment operating at peak efficiency through many years of reliable operation. We also provide water heater replacement, standby home generators and electrical panel replacements. For more information, please email info@mannixhvac.com

Offers by Mannix Heating & Cooling on Angi
    MSR Heating and Cooling

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in heating and cooling services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today! Visit us at https://msrheatingandcooling.com/

We offer residential appliance repair in Montgomery MD. We repair products maufactured by Admiral - Amana - Electrolux - Frigidaire - GE - Gladiator - Hotpoint - Inglis - Jenn Air - Kenmore - Kitchenaid - LG - Magic Chef - Maytag - Roper - Samsung - Sub Zero - Viking - Whirlpool

We do not install appliances or washer drain pans. We do not service any HVAC, dehumidifiers, stacked washing machines or laundry centers - or if your dryer is on top of your washing machine. We do not sell any appliance parts unless we supply them during a repair.