Dominic's Paving

Founded 1996 • With Angi since July 2010

14822 Southlawn ln

Rockville, MD 20850

Here at Dominic’s Paving, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. With over 23 years of experience we are experts in the Asphalt Paving trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We are family owned and operated for 3 generations servicing Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia. We strive to fulfill our customers goals, because we realize a happy customer is our best advertisement and look forward to earning your business. Contact Dominic today for a free detailed estimate. ...

06/06/2022

Nicholas B.

Dominic was great. He offered us a deep discount on Saturday to fill a last minute hole in his schedule on Monday. The lack of a promised follow up message over the weekend was a little stressful, but he returned my call promptly on Monday morning. His team showed up early and worked around the needs of another contractor we had on site without complaint. Dominic himself oversaw the project, even driving some of the equipment, a level of care and ownership not often seen in the industry. The finished product looks great. Dominic took the time afterwards to provide maintenance advice without any hard selling. Many thanks to him and his crew!

Description of Work
Resurface asphalt driveway

Category driveway pavers

What a great review... You made my week! Thanks for being flexible, and for your business! -Dominic 301.916.8770

05/12/2021

MARY P.

Dominic told my wife that sealing our driveway apron with oil seal was better than sealing with water seal because the water seal will cause the driveway asphalt to crack in 6 to 8 months. We paid $425 up front for the service to be performed. I was suspicious about such a high price for such a small area. So I looked up on the net the average price for sealing a small black top driveway which was $80-115. The net also told me that oil sealant is being phased out because it has toxic chemicals that pollute the environment. Most reputable sealing contractors use water based sealer. I called Dominic and asked for a refund. He said absolutely not. He had already bought the materials to be used for the sealing job to be done three days later. I told him he could use the materials with other sealing clients. He still said no. I told him I was canceling 3 days ahead of time, that was plenty of time. He still said no. I told him I would dispute the payment with the credit card company. He still said no refund. I told him I would report him to the Better Business Bureau. He said go ahead. “I deal with people like you all the time. No way are you going to get your money back.” I told him not to come for the job. I was canceling. I didn’t say it but I don't think he is ethical and I don’t want to do business with him. I will see if my credit card company will refund the $425. Meanwhile, I recommend that you think twice about dealing with this company. When I looked there were 19 one ratings on the rating scale. This is the twentieth. That's a lot of 'lousy' ratings. In my opinion Angies list should de-certify this company.

Description of Work
Seal the asphalt apron in front of our garage door. We have no driveway as such.

Category concrete repair, driveway pavers

To be clear, we offer BOTH types of coating... water and oil, for the same price. This was carefully explained to your assistant during a 30min phone conversation, and then again to your wife during another 30min phone conversation.... This might have been explained to you if I didnt have to endure your intolerably bad attitude! You didnt call me till 2 days before the work was scheduled to demand a refund, and no, you do not get a refund after we purchase materials. BTW, oil/asphalt based sealcoat is absolutely not being "phased out", and does not contain "toxic chemicals"... Matter of fact, oil based sealer IS asphalt (I don't see that going anywhere anytime soon), whereas water based is NOT. But please don't take my word for it, as Ive only been in this business for 30 years, plus my father, and both grandfathers were paving contractors... Everyone knows you should believe everything you read on the internet!

05/25/2020

Kevin M.

It didn't go they quit talking to me. I guess my second question was too much for them to bother with.

Description of Work
Driveway sealing or resurfacing.

Category home builders

05/11/2020

Will A.

Dominic is in essence stealing my almost $3,000 ($2,800). He took a deposit in good faith and is refusing to return it. I am going to be suing him in the district court of Maryland as soon as the courts open. He taunted me by stating that even if i win (which i will by the way) he will only pay $10 a month. This man has no ethics or morals.

Description of Work
Resurfacing my driveway

Category driveway pavers

This customer signed a contract, months later received a cheaper bid, then demanded that I refund his deposit days before the job was scheduled to be done... after materials were purchased. Much time and effort was put into this to try to resolve the issue, such as partial refunds and big discounts on the work to be performed. Unfortunately, the customer has decided to play hardball, and I fear the court [Member Name Removed] have to decide.

03/04/2020

Herbert G.

Called twice to get an estimate over the space of 10 days. This vendor couldn't be bothered to even call back, let alone come for an estimate. Unacceptable behavior and profound lack of common courtesy (not to mention common sense).

Description of Work
Driveway paving

Category driveway pavers

We know its difficult to find a good contractor, and we are flattered that you put in that much effort to contact us. However, my notes show that messages were indeed left for you by voicemail, and text message at the number you provided. We are in high demand, and this is the busiest time of year for us, so please be patient while waiting for a return call. ALL of our customers are valued, and contacted in order received. Also, it should be noted that every single one of our negative reviews are from impatient customers, or those trying to get something for nothing. ALL of our paying customers leave rave reviews! -Dominic 301.916.8770

02/19/2020

David E.

Dominic provided excellent service and even started the project a day early to anticipate bad weather.

Description of Work
Repaving and expanding driveway

Category driveway pavers

Thank you very much for the excellent review! You live on a busy street, and really needed the extra parking we provided... We always enjoy doing jobs like this, especially when the customers are as congeniel as you, and your wife!

12/05/2019

THOMAS C.

He's a very nice man, he's very professional, did a great job in sealing my driveway and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
He sealed my driveway.

Category driveway pavers

That's a very kind compliment, thank you! I'm happy to have served you well. -Dominic 301.916.8770

11/29/2019

Alec H.

Outstanding service start to finish. The process was easy and straight forward, the contract was clear and he did exactly what we agreed upon for a fair price. A totally stress free experience; and most importantly his work exceeded my expectations!! I plan to use him in the future to repave my entire long driveway.

Description of Work
Patch damaged portion of my driveway

Category driveway pavers

What a terrific review! Thank you for your business... It was truly my pleasure! -Dominic 301.916.8770

10/27/2019

Rosalie L.

Very well. An appointment was made quickly. Dominic was very knowledgeable and did a great job. I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Description of Work
Driveway Seal Coating

Category driveway pavers

You, and I chatted it up for about an hour after we completed the work. I enjoyed that very much, and look forward to doing business again in the future. Thanks for your business, and your time... Merry Christmas to you, and your family!!! -Dominic 301.916.8770

10/04/2019

Daisy A.

A little expensive but otherwise commendable work

Description of Work
Fix cracks in asphalt driveway

Category driveway pavers

We did your driveway over 2 years ago, and you are still pleased with the results. If you had contracted with the bargain basement contractors... I'd bet that would not be the case. Quality costs... Thanks for the good review! -Dominic

09/28/2019

Charles G.

Very good - they were able to come and do the work within one business day of signing the contract.

Description of Work
Repairing section of driveway that had sunk and sealed the entire driveway

Category driveway pavers

Thanks for being able to work on such short notice, and filling a gap in our schedule... Much appreciated! -Dominic

04/28/2019

Jena T.

Dominic was recommended by a friend and I am so glad we found him. My mother's driveway was in desperate need of repair. Dominic was very responsive, met me on a Saturday to evaluate the job, and gave a very fair estimate. He is very knowledgeable, very articulate and very experienced. He came the day we scheduled, on time, and did a fabulous job repairing the driveway. I would definitely recommend him to anyone that asked.

Description of Work
driveway repaving

Category driveway pavers

It was a real shame that your mother hired a contractor to pave her driveway, only to have it break up within a couple of years. Businesses like that really cast a gray shadow over the entire industry. I'm very happy to have been able to turn that negative experience around, and provide you with a quality job!

01/08/2019

Nancy B.

Dominic did a great job, as he always does. He did asphalt installation for us as well as striping in the past, which has lasted a long time. He was prompt in his reply, courteous and friendly, and got the job done within a day. His price was in line with other providers. We will likely use Dominic for all of our paving related work in the future.

Description of Work
Asphalt driveway sealing

Category driveway pavers

Happy New Year to you my old customers... and what a way to start it off with such a great review!!! I paved you, and your husbands driveway about 15 years ago, and was pleasantly surprised to have the opportunity to do business with you again. The driveway looks great after all these years! Thanks for the review... it was truly my pleasure! -Dominic 301.916.8770

08/01/2018

teresa M.

no work. The company quoted me 650 via email. a rep stopped by and quoted me 450. Other estimates were 175. I think they really thought i was a dummy.

Description of Work
seal coat of driveway

Category driveway pavers

The services (and pricing) you are comparing are completely different, as i attempted to explain over the phone. The definition of dumb is someone who is unable to learn... "I think they really thought i was a dummy."... you said it, not me! -Dominic

06/28/2018

Suk A.

I called and left a message on 6/21 in the afternoon and again Saturday 6/23 in the morning. Almost a week later no call back. I am sure they do a good job since they had very good reviews but I won't hire them if they could not even return a simple phone call to set up an estimate. Maybe our job is too small for them and they are too busy to be bothered since it is their prime season right now for work.

Description of Work
I needed our asphalt driveway either sealed or resurfaced to conceal the cracks that we had filled with fillers through the years.

Category driveway pavers

We are in high demand! Every job is important (even the small ones!), and every call is returned in order recieved. -Dominic

03/19/2018

Sarah L.

Dominic was the only contractor who came to my house to look at the actual work first of all. He told me that I did not need to pull up the existing driveway but he could fix the two areas that needed fixing and would layer two inches of asphalt over the top. It was a much less costly solution (at least 50% less) and was sturdier than starting fresh. We agreed on a price but had to wait until spring to do the work because of the plants closing. I was able to get the work one in early March and his crew arrived 30 minutes ahead of schedule and were done within an hour. He actually did my neighbors driveway for the same price and they both turned out great. I will be calling him again for sealing in late summer. Dominic takes the time to call his customers and talk them through the process. He can be a bit difficult to get a hold of from time to time but he usually responds when he is able. He is honest and won't tell you to do something you shouldn't just to make a buck. I have already referred him to several folks and will keep doing so. Thank you for fixing the eyesore that was my driveway!

Description of Work
Driveway re-paving

Category driveway pavers

I really enjoyed working with you, and your neighbors, and Im happy that I could help! Thanks for the great review! -Dominic

10/16/2017

CHRIS M.

It went very well and will use them next year again.

Description of Work
Pavement replaced and driveway sealed

It was truly a pleasure doing business with you, sir! -Dominic 301.916.8770

10/10/2017

Joe F.

Went well. Dominic was super...very professional, courteous and friendly. He explained the whole process and why he would do what he recommended. He was extremely responsive. He and his company did an A+ job!

Description of Work
Driveway repaving.

Category driveway pavers

What a terrific review! You, and your sister were a pleasure to do business with. I wish you well in your new endeavor! -Dominic

08/15/2017

Daniel E.

OK Work - main crack-line in center of driveway returned week later. I didn't call for follow-up repair but truly believe these guys would have came out and addressed with no problem.

Description of Work
Resurfaced drive way and fix cracks

Category driveway pavers

Sealcoating is preventative maintenance (which is what we did here)... NOT an alternative to resurfacing with 2" of new asphalt.... and not a permanent fix for cracks! Sealcoating comes with no warranty. This info is ALWAYS carefully explained to all sealcoat customers. -Dominic 301.916.8770

07/20/2017

Arthur G.

It was way too high for doing patch work. I never pursued it. That was the only contact I had. What they wanted to do was, there was damage to the driveway from a truck. Their requirement was to resurface the driveway but it was just too much to do that. I decided not to pursue it. It is an asphalt driveway. They were very responsive. They said that they do repairs. I guess I picked that up when I did a search and that they dealt with Northern Virginia area. I did not go with the because the price was too high. I never did anything with the driveway. The other quotes were more reasonable but I decided to wait. Basically I sealed the crack myself. They trucking company gave me a compensation for it. They were punctual. They gave me a quote pretty quick. I think if I decided to do my driveway, I would go back to them. I think the price to redo a driveway, it was a pretty reasonable price, to resurface it.

Description of Work
I got a quote from them for my driveway.

Category driveway pavers

No work performed for this member, and no correspondence received from them.

06/08/2017

Michael W.

It went great. We had some minor delays due to weather but overall they did an excellent job. We will likely have more work done later this year and will definitely call them.

Description of Work
We have our driveway resurfaced and expanded our parking area.

Outstanding review, and thanks for the business! -Dominic 301.916.8770

04/22/2017

John H.

He was just fantastic. Really wonderful. I couldn't think of a single thing that could be done any better.

Description of Work
Dominic redid my asphalt driveway.

Category driveway pavers

Thanks for the business, and the perfect review... very much appreciated! -Dominic 301.916.8770

04/12/2017

James W.

Had zero issues it all went as planned. Great outfit

Description of Work
Driveway paving

Category driveway pavers

Coming from a fellow contractor, this is a huge compliment! It was truly my pleasure! -Dominic 301.916.8770

04/03/2017

Anthony S.

Dominic and his team did a great job replacing a badly damaged partially paved concrete driveway with a new fully paved asphalt driveway. The project included demolition and excavation of the old driveway and was completed in 2 days. Dominic was very responsive and was in scheduling in order to avoid bad weather. Price was competitive with other estimates.

Description of Work
Paving of approximately 350 sf driveway with asphalt.

Category excavators, hauling services, driveway pavers

I'm lovin' it... Great review! You live on a VERY narrow street, and expressed concerns about us blocking traffic, as other contractors have. We were able to bring in the small machines, and the job went off without a hitch! Thanks for the business... it was a pleasure! -Dominic 301.916.8770

01/30/2017

Tolu T.

Everything went great. He came on time for the initial consultation and even though it was raining, he went outside in the rain to access the old driveway so that he could have a better informed discussion. He advised us on how much it needed to be widened by and also let us know what minute amendments he had to make to keep it within legal limits. He had to schedule around the terrible weather and finished the project within two days; it would have been 1 day if it wasn't raining so bad. We followed his advise about not using it for a few days because of how wet the ground was and the first time I finally drove on it, I was ecstatic! Overall it was a very pleasant experience and he was a great professional. I will definitely recommend him to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Needed to dig out the old driveway as it was in very horrible shape. In addition to this, needed to widen the driveway to fit 2 cars side by side.

Category driveway pavers

Im telling you... I LOVE these kind of reviews!!! Of course, everything went very smoothly both during our meetings, and as the job progressed. I thoroughly enjoyed doing business with you guys, and providing you with a very badly needed new driveway. It really was a pleasure! -Dominic 301.916.8770