American Custom Contractors Inc

Founded 1972 • With Angi since August 2008

15728 Crabbs Branch Way

Rockville, MD 20855

State License Numbers: Maryland-Mhic #279, Virginia-License #2705 088927a & District Of Columbia-License #65001704....

04/02/2022

William S.

The quality of the work was top notch. The house with the new roof looks beautiful, especially with the new copper flashing and other copper features. This was a very big job and it went flawlessly. The work was started at the time scheduled and completed on time. The company was very responsive to my requests and seemed dedicated to doing a first-rate job. I was highly impressed by the professionalism, knowledge, and helpfulness of my company rep (Christian), project manager (Blase), and crew supervisor (Gabriel).

Description of Work
Replaced the original roof of my 92 year old house with natural slate roof

12/16/2021

Allen T.

Extremely well. Only a few days and a completely new roof. Great crew!

Description of Work
Roofing

12/08/2020

Peter P.

Our house needed a new roof. I contacted American Custom Contractors, and am so happy I did. I was impressed from the beginning. David gave us an accurate and honest assessment of the job, provided information about materials, answered our questions, and helped walk us through all the insurance steps. Amanda helped us manage the paperwork for our project and again was alway open to answer our questions. When it was time for work to start, our project manager, Tim, really personalized our experience and authentically worked to make our experience good and our house beautiful. He helped us with the numerous issues that always come up with such a project, and made this process painless--making us feel like we were ACC's only customer. Edwin and his roofing crew were amazing! They quickly and efficiently replaced our old roof with a beautiful new roof. The attention to detail and craftsmanship ACC and their staff brought to our project were impressive, and I couldn't be happier with the result. I HIGHLY recommend American Custom Contractors! They are awesome! Thank you American Custom Contractors for making our family's home more beautiful!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category roofing, woodworking

04/25/2020

Nancy M.

First class operation. Excellent communication prior to work from inside staff of Kate Nelson and Amanda Starr. Salesperson Dave Foskey thorough, detailed and patient. Work started on day promised and finished on time. The crew was very professional and cleaned up every day. The team was well managed by project manager Blase Skully and the new roof looks great. Throughout the process, Blase was always available to address any issues. We are glad we chose American Custom Contractors.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

02/27/2020

Jose S.

John and Angel were professionals. They called me about 10 minutes before they arrived, and they arrived on time. I appreciated that. They were clean as they laid out material to protect my wooden floors and minimized the mess. They cleaned up as well. They were efficient and got the job done in no time. I am extremely satisfied, and I will hire them again. Great work!

Description of Work
Drywall patch and painting

Category roofing, interior painters

06/08/2019

Kristine K.

The company from initial contact to wrap up was very professional, punctual, and polite. The work was completed in a timely manner. The crew that did the work did a great job of both installation and clean up. There were a couple of minor requests that I had post job that were responded to and completed very quickly. The project manager was extremely polite and responsive to me. Price was extremely reasonable for the job.

Description of Work
Replacement of Roof

05/20/2019

Jay D.

Excellent very responsive polite and hard working folks

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/10/2019

Marietta K.

American Custom Contractors sent Blaise to our house almost immediately to check it out. Blaise went into our attic to check, then took ladder to climb to roof. He repaired the seams around the ventilation system on the roof. Blaise also explained the correct procedure of removing the stained ceiling so as to prevent the spreading of mold. I highly recommend Blaise and American Custom Contractors for their fine work and professionalism.

Description of Work
Had used American Custom Contractors in the past and they did excellent work installing windows, doors and new roofing. Saw a stain on bedroom closet ceiling that was caused by sealing the opening around chimney on roof.

04/03/2019

Doug H.

It went very well. The process with American Custom Contractors was easy. Our roof looks great and the clean up after was great. Job well done.

Description of Work
New roof due to wind damage

05/13/2018

Mitchell F.

It went perfectly. They were professional in every way. They fixed anything and everything that was dinged or broke as collateral damage (it happens so no shock when a big job causes such occurrences).

Description of Work
Roofing and siding

Category roofing, siding

03/28/2018

Sharon L.

Our roof, installed by American Custom 1 1/2 years ago, lost several roof cap shingles in the recent windstorm. I called and they sent Terry out the next day, looked at it, got some replacement shingles and fixed it within 2 hours. Best of all, it was under warranty so no charge!

Description of Work
wind damage on roof

03/20/2018

deborah Y.

This company was referred to me by my physician. I did not have enough good words for them. They specialize in assisting home owners negotiate claims for roof, exterior damage with their insurance company. I could not have found a more responsive company! They answered their phone right away. They scheduled the appointment quickly, were prompt and professional in our meeting. Many shingles were torn off during the Riley Nor East-er that roared through on March 2, 2018. They offered to put plastic sheeting/tarps over my roof until they are able to negotiate with my insurance company to replace the roof. Their roofer arrived the same day as the initial consultation to install tarps. I was so grateful b/c another No-East-er carrying lots of rain arrived the next day. They are very responsive to my calls to discuss the contract and answer any questions I have. I plan to hire them to replace the new roof which will cost about $25,000.

Description of Work
Roof tarps to protect from approaching NorEaster; and new roof

11/20/2017

Linda B.

Roof repair efforts by American Custom Contractors (ACC) ran on for over six months. This was for a job ACC projected to be completed in approximately 3 days. They were to replace roofing shingles and gutters on our house and shingles on a tool shed. ACC quickly developed job estimates and coordinated details with our insurance company. However, the initial roofing work dragged out over 17 days and was followed by lengthy delays to address, repair and overcome multiple workmanship and quality issues that took over 5 more months to satisfactorily complete repairs. - The wrong color roofing drip edge was installed and needed to be removed and replaced. - They needed to be contractually reminded the tool shed roof was also under contract. - Gutters were replaced as contracted; however, old gutter guards were broken during removal and would not function in gutters - more delay coordinating with insurance co. - Roofing nails left scattered around the ground - were excessive (filled 2 large coffee cans). - After the first rain, there was a leak at the base of one of the skylights. - After repair and next rainfall there were now two leaks - ACC installed a temporary water diverter (5 inches high and 15 ft long) above the sky lights, to mitigate the problem. This was in place for months. It took several phone calls from us to get them to remove the diverter and complete the repair. - After the leak was repaired we experienced delays waiting for the painter to touch up the interior water stains from the roof leaks. - During their final inspection 2 damaged shingles were discovered on the shed. The inspector would have repaired it then if they had left any shingles. The inspector had me schedule a repair for the shed and he told me to have them leave extra shingles at his request. The shed was repaired quickly but they did not leave any extra shingles. While the roofing was eventually finished, and the ultimate workmanship appears sound; we would not recommend ACC for any roofing jobs because of the long periods of waiting, multiple unnecessary rescheduling and reworking efforts, and the general aggravation we endured over this project that was supposed to last approximately 3 days and in fact took over 6 months.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters to house and new roof to tool shed.

Category gutter repair, roofing, interior painters

First, we would like to apologize for the oversights that our Production Team made regarding the drip edge color and the shed roof replacement that caused delay in finalizing the roof installation for the customer. Our standards for review of specifications include confirming details such as accessory colors and we did make an error with that item. As soon as it was brought to our attention we mobilized our team to replace the drip edge with the correct color. Regarding the skylight leak, when we were notified by the homeowner about the skylight leak we sent a Senior Technician to determine the cause of the leak. The skylights that were installed on the home originally are known to have issue with being reflashed, and while we followed the scope of work outlined by the insurance company's estimate, the skylights have a design flaw that causes the weather stripping to easily be compromised during a flashing replacement and roof tear off. When we determined the location of the leak we fabricated a custom flashing kit for the unit, but then ultimately had to reseal the entire unit. During this time the it was mutually agreed between parties to wait until it rained to insure that the leak had been resolved before administering the interior repairs. We delayed addressing the interior repairs and touch up for the areas around the skylight. Reviewing our notes, we believe there was a misunderstanding between the homeowner and our staff, where we had noted that the skylights were still posing an issue. However, after performing another site visit to perform a water test, we were informed that the skylights had not leaked for several weeks. At that time we were able to schedule to have the final interior repairs completed. We apologize for the delay in completing the project, however we wanted to follow procedures to insure that the skylights were completed and misunderstood about the status of the skylight during the waiting period. Our staff has taken this opportunity to review our internal procedures for contract review and addressing service items. We are pleased the homeowner is happy with the quality of their roof and interior repairs, as well as the outcome of their insurance claim that we assisted with, which allowed for coverage of these items.

09/20/2017

Bruce T.

Workers and reps were hard-working and professional. Insurance co was happy with the work. Would recommend for roofing.

Description of Work
Replaced entire 3700 sq ft roof.

04/12/2017

John P.

I was extremely impressed with the company, particularly David Paul, who was my main point of contact. They handled everything from start to finish, and David was present for meetings with the insurance adjustors and negotiated directly with the insurance company. He was a strong advocate for my case and did an excellent job of explaining what needed to be done and why, both to me and to the adjustors. In the end, I was very satisfied with the insurance settlement. The work crew was neat and hard-working, and clean-up was very good. Quality of the work was excellent. I had absolutely no complaints.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on house and barn after hail damage.

08/10/2016

Alison W.

We loved working with American Custom Contractors. We had some wind damage on our roof and lost shingles. Demetri came out multiple times to meet with us to explain the process and assess the damage. He helped us understand how to file an insurance claim and had his estimator meet with the insurance adjuster. The entire process was seamless and worry-free. They replaced our roof while we were away for the weekend, and our property was cleaned up afterwards very well. Demetri is a pro and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend using them!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

03/30/2016

Emil E.

Perfect! This is one of the best contractors I have ever worked with. Great quality of work and highly professional. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Total Roof Replacement with GAF Lifetime Shingles and Replacement of Copper Roof over front door

Category roofing, doors

03/30/2016

Shawn M.

I am sure there are many very reputable roofing companies out there but this is the only one I trust. Several months after buying an older house - with a roof less then 10 years old - we discovered a leak and mold growing in the attic. With two young kids we did not want to take any chances. I got the number of the "guy" who had previously done the roof and he went up on the roof and walked around a while. He told me the roof looked pretty good for being 15 years old and I explained that according to the previous owner he had done the roof 6 years ago. Long story short, he then went to his truck and went back up there with what looked like fix-a-flat and "sealed" up the leak and charged me $30. Needless to say I was not impressed and it did not work. And he also told me to save some money and just spray pain the mold because that would prevent the spores from spreading. Perhaps true but with two young kids I thought I should pursue a better option. Demetri met with my wife and I for over an hour. He went through every step of the process. More importantly he answered all of our questions. He was also very upfront about the fact that there might be others out there who do it cheaper but he believes in doing things the right way. I can tell you that his estimate was spot on. All of his crews were completely professional and worked extremely hard. We were very impressed. I can also tell you that our experience is not an anomaly. They did my parents roof over 10 years ago. They had a similar experience. And not only does their roof still look great, they have not had a single leak or issue. Do yourself a favor, if you are having issues with your roof - call American Custom.

Description of Work
Roof

09/22/2015

Dennis C.

In early May a brief hailstorm hit our neighborhood. I wasn't present during the storm but downed tree branches and significant amounts of shredded leaf materials suggested it was intense for awhile (a vehicle parked in the driveway showed no damage). Soon thereafter the neighborhood was infested by roof repair company's sales dudes offering free inspections and insisting they were far superior to all the rest. The ACC guys presented themselves far more sensibly than the competition and ended up winning the vast majority of the repair work in our neighborhood (most homes have had their roofs replaced). ACC was very professional throughout. Helped us negotiate/navigate a re-inspection process after an initial insurance adjuster asserted there wasn't sufficient damage to justify a full roof replacement. All of the various ACC specialists (roofing, copper, siding, deck, downspout/gutter, etc.) arrived when promised and performed as advertised. The ACC office kept us well-informed on what would happen when and then checked to make sure we were satisfied with their work/workers. ACC noted that the passive venting system on the peak of our roof was not sufficiently long enough to adequately vent the attic on our home. Per their recommendation I had them install additional passive venting on the angled 'hip' sections of the roof which has resulted in an enormous improvement in afternoon temps in west-facing upstairs rooms.

Description of Work
ACC replaced composite shingle roof, copper accents and ceiling vents, repaired some siding, and refinished deck. Damage was caused by a hailstorm in May 2015.

08/03/2015

Charles K.

The work went smoothly, and exactly as they indicated in the plan. The process took about 3 days. The removal and replacement of the shingles and ridge vents took two days and the copper work and cleanup took one day after that. My roof was damaged in a hail storm, and the replacement was completely covered by insurance (Traveler's - who was also great to work with), with exception of the deductible which is the cost I provided. Demetri (the CEO), Suzanne, and the rest of his staff were excellent to work with. They were all extremely professional -- explaining everything clearly, pleasant, and always responsive. They took care of the entire claims process, making the whole event so painless. The final product is outstanding. It's been a few weeks and we've had a lot of heavy rain already, but no issues. The quality of the roof (judging from the clean lines of caulking and alignment of the shingles) looks excellent.

Description of Work
Replacement of my entire roof, including shingles, ridge vents, and copper.

Category handyman service, roofing

07/18/2015

ANN A.

Nothing to report.

Description of Work
Never showed up for an estimate appointment for a new roof despite the fact they called the day before to confirm. Have not heard from them since. Issue has been resolved

02/18/2015

Michael H.

We did not have one problem with the job. The contract was easy to understand and they did everything they promised. The workers came early, left late, did (in one case) MORE than we expected. The total payment was exactly what we had agreed to. Couldn't have been more satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced house and gazebo roof, installed new attic fans, painted gutters.

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, house painters

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience with our company! We are pleased that your project went so smoothly and hope that you will call on us should you have any future remodeling needs. It was a pleasure to work with you!

12/08/2014

Juanita L.

William was attentive in answering questions via cell phone and email. He deferred questions to staff in his office later once we were dealing with billing, insurance questions, adding additional work, and scheduling. We had a very smooth process with ACC, and they handled meeting with the insurance adjuster after we set up the appointment. ACC also filled out all the paperwork for requesting the depreciated amount not included in the initial settlement check. Our out of pocket was actually only $1400 for the entire job. When the insurance adjuster recommended we replace our skylights since they were already 25 years old, we were charged very little for labor since the roof was being completely removed/replaced. The crew showed up on time and worked quickly. Our ridge vent was apparently not up to code, so that was fixed. We noticed an appreciable increase in airflow through the house after that. Probably the only annoying event that happened during the actual job was a little debris fell into the house while they were doing the skylights, but I don't see how that can be completely avoided. The most difficult part of the process was getting the estimate from the insurance company, but that was not ACC's fault. They did remark that while it took us a while to get the estimate, the actual estimate was quite fair.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement. This was a insurance claim for a roof damaged by hail.

Category roofing, skylights

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your project. Working with you and the insurance company was our pleasure and we are pleased to know you are satisfied with the final project. Thank you!

12/02/2014

Kenneth B.

They were always on time. Some of the work could have been done better. On the deck an exterior outlet was mounted on the surface of the siding instead of in a recess designed for that purpose like the other exterior outlet was. The recesses didn?t quite fit the outlet covers either. Worker said that?s the only size they have and that the surface outlet cover is easier to get to. I was concerned that they would do a less than adequate job of installing it if I required it. We had some serious wind about a month after the original install and some of the siding moved and showed the foil sheathing underneath. It took two return trips to get it done correctly. The recall shouldn?t have happened if the siding was installed correctly. Also the roof leaked the following year and I called a local company, Hartman Roofing. Mr. Hartman came out and repaired the area himself. He said that the area that leaked was flashing and should have been repaired when the new roof was installed. I was not told or they didn?t notice about the flashing when the original roof install was done. Overall the work was adequate. BUT, they ONLY do the work on the work order and don?t see anything else! There also appears to be very little supervision as the siding wasn?t installed correctly originally.

Description of Work
New roof and siding

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

06/10/2014

Joanne W.

The roof replacement was covered by insurance; we decided to also replace our gutters at the same time. From the first contact, the job was done professionally and in a timely manner. When the endless bad weather this winter caused delays, we were always contacted promptly. We were very pleased with our dealings with everyone at the company from the salesman (Orhan), to the job supervisor (Steve) to the customer service rep (Kara), and we are very pleased with the end result. The roof and guttters look great!

Description of Work
Replaced the roof and gutters on our home.