Allan Brown Remodeling, LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2010

2328 McCormick Rd

Rockville, MD 20850

A locally owned and operated Remodeling business that does interior and exterior remodeling. We operate with different crews for different jobs. We use subcontractors that are licensed and insured. We are a Lead certified company registered with the EPA. We will respect your home or business....

05/13/2020

Fred B.

Did an excellent job in remodeling Basement bathroom and adjacent Den.

Description of Work
Install drywall on walls and ceiling, install new doors and new flooring, paint all walls, doors and ceiling, install new LED ceiling light, other minor electrical, outlets, switches.

Category drywall, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

11/15/2016

Christy V.

Im going to tell you up front I waited a long time to replace our siding. I went with Alan Brown remodeling because he had done such a superb job on replacing the windows in our home(32). He chose the windows and I still love them and they all still work perfectly that was 14 years ago. I did have a problem with one in the kitchen. It was impossible for me to open but I called him and he come out promptly and fixed it. When we finally decided to replace our siding out of complete necessity Alan made the whole process seamless and at a great price point. After the siding, we had Alan complete work on our basement . I love the way he reconfigured the bathroom space. He also brought me tile and paint sample which we went with. He has a great knowledge and sense for design if you need help in that area. This is a huge timesaver. Alan Brown Remodeling also went to Delaware to replace all the windows and doors and install skylights in 2011 and we never had a leak but we did have a decrease in our utility bill. He also did a complete paint job after fixing drywall. In closing, I would highly recommend Alan Brown Remodeling becouse he is very fair, extremely knowledgeable. He is flexible and has an excellent work ethic and great demeanor. Best of all he is always shows up when he says he will (HUGE BONUS)! I have recommended him to several neighbors and they have always been grateful for the suggestion.

Description of Work
Replacement of all windows and doors,siding, finishing our basement which was completely unfinished and one big open space, painting, drywall,a complete remodel of basement and bathroom (tiling,painting, venting ). Alan Brown remodeling also did kitchen work for me installing appliances, granite and cabinetry. He also replaced my shutters.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, gutter repair, handyman service, remodeling, roofing, siding, skylights, house painters, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

11/09/2016

Colin T.

Allan and his team did a fantastic, professional job. They did the work while we were away on vacation and we came home to a beautifully painted home...and all of our furniture was right where we left it. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Painting the interior of a house

Category roofing, interior painters

11/08/2016

Jeanette M.

Allan has done numerous jobs for our company over the past 7 years. Allan and his crew are always professional, punctual, and affordable.

Description of Work
Drywall Repairs/Cabinet Repair/Painting/Tile Replacement

Category drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

Chris A.

Outstanding. These changes were necessary because of immediate need after the death of my mothers husband. Allan Brown got to work in a matter of days. The work was perfect and the price was very reasonable. Within a short time the house was able to accommodate a permanent live-in caregiver for my mother. I am deeply grateful for Allan Brown LLC for fast and high quality work.

Description of Work
Rebuilt a basement bathroom and added an addition to the house

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Robert E.

Great. Allan and his crew were responsive, polite, and got the work done when they said they would. They also went the extra mile with protecting my furniture and trying to contain the dust from the drywall work.

Description of Work
New kitchen tile floor that included replacing and leveling an old subsuraface structure. Drywall repair and painting

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, interior painters

John B.

The contractor was responsive, very clean and did the job it was hired to do in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Finished the basement of our home

Category drywall, remodeling, roofing, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Jim V.

All work completed for us has been completed professionally and efficiently. Working with Allan and this team has been great. Highly recommend Allan Brown Remodeling for Commercial and Residential needs.

Description of Work
Have Allan Brown remodeling perform many projects for us over the years both commercial and residential. For commercial, Allan and his team have performed: -- renovated apartments -- installed a 6' foot fence -- installed a window framed store front for laundry mat -- performed miscellaneous roof repairs For Residential, Allan and his team have performed: -- new roof and gutters -- internal and external painting

11/06/2016

Patricia S.

Great. They are a pleasure to work with and I will use them again.

Description of Work
I've been super pleased with the work of this company. They painted almost my entire interior of my current and previous home, as well as fences, stairs and other features. They did a meticulous job with dry wall repair, molding, and unique features of old homes.

Category drywall, roofing, house painters, interior painters

01/07/2016

Lynn S.

Prompt, courteous, noted roof problems that need fixing if leak recurs.

Description of Work
fixed a roof leak: Repaired roof ridge vent, glued loose shingles, nailed loose gutter

10/04/2014

Caroline L.

11/11/2013

Chris B.

Their price was the best. He was very efficient and the workers were very good. They did such a good job, and it didn’t take them long at all. They put high quality gutters on for me. The cleanup was good and they didn’t damage any of my landscaping and were careful around it.

Description of Work
They installed new gutters on the house. They also installed a new cedar roof on the house.

07/15/2013

Karen L.

He responded quickly to my call. Got the crew there within 3 days even though there was a huge roofing rush due to poor weather. Provided immediate, effective fix since now there is no more rain water coming into our attic!

Description of Work
Repaired the pipe boots on my roof since one was leaking.

05/21/2013

Frank C H.

He was fabulous and by far cheaper than other companies. He was patient and told me the addresses of some houses I could look at to choose a color.

Description of Work
He replaced our roof.

12/19/2012

John B.

The work was done as promised and to date we are very satisfied.

Description of Work
We had some repair needs at our home to both the roof and interior drywall. Mr. Brown responded to our request in a timely manner, provided an understandable quote of the work to be done and the price.

Category drywall, remodeling, roofing, basement remodeling

10/15/2012

Kenneth M.

Allan arrived on time for for the estimate He examined the roof from inside and out and explained everything clearly to my wife and I. Apparently some of the plywood was deteriorating due to lack of insulation and poor air circulation. Since he had no way of knowing how many boards were affected before removing the shingles, he quoted a reasonable price per board installed and left that section of the contract variable. We followed his recommendations for new vents and exhaust fan. Since we plan on being in the home another 15 years, we opted for the best quality materials he had to offer. Allan dropped of the his estimate and contract a few days later. The contract was very clear and itemized for an easy "internal audit" by my wife. Allan also provided product literature on the specific materials and the exhaust fan which was very helpful. We signed the contract and gave him a call to schedule the work. The day came for the work to commence. It was absolutely unbelieveable. Allan's team finshed the entire job in one day! I left work work around 7:30 AM with an old roof and when I got home around 6:30 they were gone and I had a beautiful new roof. I was astounded. Roofs are roofs right? They are not typically something someone would consider nice to look at but my neighbors and friends have actually commented on several occasions how nice my roof looks. I have refered Allan to my neighbors and friends for roofing. I highly recommend Allan Brown Remodeling for your roofing needs.

Description of Work
Removed old shingles. Replaced several bad sheets of plywood. Installed hgh quality roof felt. installed freeze/ice guard barriers. installed all new flashing. Installed new ridge vent. replaced existing vents and added new vents to increase air circulation. Installed new thermostat controlled exhaust fan. installed new shingles. disposed of old materials and cleaned up meticulously (actually dragged magnet around to pick up staples)..

04/30/2012

Cynthia L.

Mr. Brown came himself with a crew to provide an estimate. I was not home but my housekeeper was. After inspecting the problem, he realized that since we were going to have another storm that evening and the problem was going to get worse if not fixed, he had his crew fix the problem on the spot. We talked afterwards and discussed and I was surprised but not distressed. His price for repair was quite reasonable! We are considering his company to replace our entire roof now.

Description of Work
We called for an estimate for a roof repair because of a leak.

01/26/2012

Chris B.

Allan Brown Remodeling, LLC did an excellent job. Allan brown has always been high quality and if you're going to do something he always knows the right way to do it. I think he had a good price considering it was a special order door. I plan on having them out to do some deck work.

Description of Work
Allan Brown Remodeling, LLC came out to to replace my french doors in the back and some interior painting.

Category decks, handyman service, house painters, interior painters, doors

10/20/2011

John B.

The Company worked with us to prepare plans and budget for our finished basement. They showed us where they could save us money, and also encouraged us where not to skim on the expense. As stated above, the work crew started the job when they said they would and completed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
This Company finished our then unfinished basement, including kitchenette, with bar, full bathroom, drywall, carpet and painting. We are very please with the result. The workers were reliable, punctual and courteous. We have also subsequently had the Company provide other interior painting and roof repair work.

Category carpet installation, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, interior painters, basement remodeling

10/01/2011

Paul K.

The job went extremely well and painting was done very well. They worked with me on color options and even redid an area with no extra charge. Allan was very easy to work with and his paint crew was very good.

Description of Work
Allan was a subcontractor on a much larger job to replace the exterior of my house. He acted as a general contractor coordinating the work crews as well as doing the painting.

Category remodeling, house painters

09/01/2011

Chris B.

I had contaced Alan Brown Remodling to come over to give me an estimate to replace my shingle shake roof, from the first visit hie was punctual and professional he also impressed me as someone that really knows his job. The job was estimated and came in under other estimates. He started the job when promised and did and execellent job. When finished his crew cleaned up and it was inspected by me and it really looked nice.

Description of Work
Allan Brown contractor was contracted to replace my shingle shake roof, from the first visit hie was punctual and professional he also impressed me as someone that really knows his job. The job was estimated and came in under other estimates. He started the job when promised and did and execellent job. It was so good that my neighbors noticed and contracted him to do their roof. He also replaced my gutters and recommend a certain type of gutter that would end up saving me money on gtter cleaning. I would also use hime again in fact he is getting ready to replace my doors to my deck.

Category gutter repair, roofing, interior painters

08/11/2011

Stefanie W.

I was very impressed with how the process went from start to finish. Mr. Brown completed the estimate in a timely fashion and when I contacted him to start the process, he was able to schedule the roof work within a week of our conversation. The workers arrived on time and completed the work in 1 day. Mr. Brown arrived with the workers and then would come by every couple hours to check on the work of the roofers. He came at the end of the day to make sure the work was completed and the clean up was done to his satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replaced shingles and 75% of plywood. In the initial estimate, Mr. Brown explained that some of the plywood need to be replaced and included that cost in the estimate. After pulling the shingles off and seeing the plywood in disrepair, Mr. Brown contacted me immediately to let me know more damage was found and what needed to be done. He was professional and onsite most of the time to oversee the work. I was very impressed with his work style and professionalism of his staff.

08/26/2010

Chris B.

His company was recommended to me by a friend and I had several estimates at that time but Allan Brown Remodeling firm the first meeting seemed more attentive to detail and knowledgeble of the nuances of a cedar shake roof that the other contractors did not have. He showed up on time and replaced the roof in a timely manner from the begining to end everything went smooth, they even cleaned up all around the house also made sure that I approved of the finished product. I would use this contractor again

Description of Work
I have a cedar shingle roof which was 20 years old had rceived several bids and he came in at the best price and I received a reall quality job and his workers were highly professional and courtious. The job was so well done my neighbor had his company do their roof also. I plan to use his company to do my interior painting becaurs his company beleives in the highest quality in their services

08/24/2010

peter G.

Effortless. I asked him for a bid. Two days later we got a written bid signed it and gave hime the tenant contact information. He arranged a suitable time with the tenants and the work was done in a week. Our tenants said he was a nice guy.

Description of Work
We needed and old shingle roof torn off and replaced on a rental house. He gave us a detailed transparent bid with clear cut options. His bid was less than two others we solicited. He did the work in a timely professional manner and was very polite to the tenants we rent to.