ABKA Marble & Granite Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2008

751 E Gude Dr

Rockville, MD 20850

ABKA Marble & Granite Coutertops, Inc. has been serving Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC with superior quality in Granite Countertops and Vanity tops fabrication for over 20 years. Also located at • 536 Cameron St Winchester, VA 22601 (540) 522-2601. We offer complete kitchen and bathroom designs with exceptional service. We are your one-stop-shop for all your home improvement needs. Come see our showroom and make your ideas come to life!...

10/03/2018

Sally B.

Team was on time, polite, professional and very exacting in the look of the finished installation. Countertop looks great!

Description of Work
Estimating, measuring and installing quartz kitchen countertop as well as sink and faucet.

04/25/2018

Rhonda G.

Yenni Teh was wonderful. She really knows her stuff and was so patient. There are so many choices when remodeling a kitchen it can be stressful. She made it so easy to choose the materials. The person who measured the counter was on time, the installers were on time. I had my kitchen countertop in one week. I love my kitchen. I would highly recommend Yenni and the very pleasant assistant, Margarita, she is lovely.

Description of Work
I purchased quartz countertop and subway tile. ABKA installed the countertop.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

04/05/2018

Mark S.

I paid for a small amount of slate by phone from ABKA. Could not get an accurate delivery data and then after repeated calls the slate was in the store. A piece in one of the boxes (1/12) was damaged. To replace it I had to return to stock, pay a 25% restocking fee, and wait another week for replacement. The unhelpful store clerk claimed I had signed off on T&C's which I had not. Lesson learned.

Description of Work
I purchased slate from ABKA by phone.

Category marble & granite

We are sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate experience with ABKA but would like to address some items on your complaint that do not properly reflect our policies. When ordering tile, we do not receive an exact date and time when your order will arrive to our store but rather an estimated time based on the shipment date. You persisted on constantly calling multiple times a day despite having knowledge of your estimated time of arrival; as well as assurance from ABKA that your sales representative will call when we receive your tiles. Additionally, your statement about the restocking fee is inaccurate. There is no record of you paying for replacements. There was no tile returned from this order and there was no restocking fee charged. ABKA will gladly replace broken or damaged tiles free of charge, which you still have the option to do if you wish. I hope this response addresses all of your concerns and brings light to the true nature of our policies.

12/27/2017

Jo G.

very well. While my original island slab was released by vendor, Yenni helped me find a new one and obtained a discount for me. outstanding quality.

Description of Work
replaced countertops and island in kitchen

11/12/2017

Daniel R.

Excellent work by professionals who certainly knew what to do. Yenni is a very helpful sales person. Perfect measurements. Only one seam in the entire kitchen. Cutout for the cooktop done in the yard. The workers were very careful and meticulous. Look great! I recommend.

Description of Work
New countertops in the kitchen and pantry. 30' along the walls, a large island, desk, and pantry. All in Alberene soapstone. Required 2 full slabs.

04/21/2017

Christine M.

The first vanity arrived with a foot long crack in the front. The box looked fine and in sat in the garage until the contractor wanted to install it. AKBA came through and called the company that provided the vanity for a replacement. They did question the length of time that the cabinet sat (a month). The box wasn't moved once it was put in the garage and there was an agreed upon time that the bathroom remodeler was going to start (I wanted everything in place in advance). We are very pleased with the cabinet and the way they cut the quartz. It looks wonderful in the bathroom.

Description of Work
I purchased a vanity with 3 drawers on the left side with a sink and a white quartz top.

04/10/2017

Robert D.

Effortless ordering process. Installers prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Kitchen Countertop

11/10/2016

Christopher V.

After 18 years, we decided to remodel our kitchen. The job was a partial kitchen remodel--new floors, paint, a backsplash, and countertops provided by ABKA. My contractor did the demo of the old countertop and I hired ABKA to install the new one (Cambria quartz). We did not replace our cabinets, which is a relevant fact in this story, as you'll read later. Initially, things went well. They were very response during the bidding process and provided the best price. There was some back and forth about the job and the quantity of quartz slabs needed, but they worked hard to keep it to one sheet of quartz to keep the price down. This was likely a mistake on their part, as I think it contributed to the issue we ultimately had. The only design matter we discussed during this process was finishing the edge with an eased edge. So, about a week after the measurement happened, they came out to install the countertop. I was not home when it happened, but our interior designer was present during the install. He reported no issues during the installation, so I was really looking forward to seeing our new countertop! My enthusiasm was short lived, however, after I inspected the job. As you can see from the photos, there were two inside corners in our layout and they were cut in different ways! One was configured as a rounded corner and the other as a square corner! I reported the mistake right away to ABKA and was told that the corner could be trimmed to match the other side without removing it from the kitchen first. The appointment was made, but the tech was a no show. It took over a week to get another appointment set because of a miscommunication within ABKA. Eventually, however, a tech came out to redo the problem corner. The included picture shows the result. I have accepted the work, but I am not enthusiastic about it. As you can see from the picture, while it is close in shape to the untrimmed corner and much better than the original rounded version, it is not identical to its twin on the other side of the kitchen-a small radius remains in the trimmed corner. It's a flaw that remains, but one that I am willing to overlook given the additional delay my project would have incurred to replace this piece. I was also concerned that given its size (about 13 feet long with a sink in the middle) and that they glue down the countertop to the cabinets, any attempt to remove it to replace it would damage these cabinets that we were not replacing during this job. Bottom line here, this is a design error that should have been caught by the fabricator and should never have happened to begin with--both corners should have been the same from the start. And how did the installer not notice this issue during the installation? Yet they ploughed on anyway and just installed it. Perplexing. Finally, as the cherry on top, the company charged my credit card for the final installment before I personally had a chance to OK the work. That was a bit of an honest mix up, as my interior designer did sign a form presented to him when they were done. Also, the manager did reach out to me because of all this, but there was really nothing he could do at this point--I'm just living with. So, while things weren't all bad, I can't really recommend this company. Some good things happened at the beginning and at the end and their price was good, but the execution of the actual product did not go very well. I realize, however, that perhaps I'm being a bit too picky about the outcome, hence the pictures so you can decide for yourself about their work quality. If you do decide to hire them, I would suggest you go over all of the fabrication details like corner configuration, edge treatment, and seam locations so that you are satisfied with what you get.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen countertops during partial remodel.

08/10/2016

Gang W.

I got a quote for countertop stones for the kitchen and bathrooms after couple visits. A 10k+ contract was signed for the selected stones and scope of work with the sales person Patrick, a 3% was charged as Tax for his service. He wrote the stone type on all the design pages and make a copy for the signed contract. Couple days later, I got a call from Patrick saying he made a mistake on the stone pricing. To fix his mistake, he suggested couple low end stone types as a replacement or increase the price by $1600. I was kind enough to believe he is telling the true and decided to split the cost with him so we can keep the same stone. After the install, I discovered issues with all the sink cutouts and incorrect sink was provided. First issue, incorrect sink was provided for the kitchen. I reported this issue to Patrick that 50/50 sink was installed instead of 60/40 sink. He told us on the phone that he wrote 50/50 on the contract and it is correct. But when we looked at the contract. 60/40 was in his own writing! So, we went into the store and spoke to him in person and show him exactly the sink that he confirmed with us on the contract. Only at that time, he would agreed that he made a mistake. I find honestly and trust is key for doing good business. In this case, it was clearly lacking on Patrick's part. The second issue is much bigger. For whatever reason they used a bad template for all bathroom sink cutouts. It resulted in uneven and significant imperfection with the bathroom sinks. When I first call to report this issue, Patrick told me that the sink cutout is correct and the template is what the manufacture has provided. I told him it is not possible that sink cutout is not symmetrical on both sides. He asked pictures to be taken for reviewed. The next day, he called me back and told me it looked correct to him. He went about telling me this is just a case of Murphy Laws, Anything that can go wrong will go wrong! At this point, I was shock!!! Why is this person working for this company? I guess if you want to tank a business this would be the most effective way of doing it. I have to request him repeatedly to come out to inspect the issue in person. Couple days later, he and the measurement person show up. The measurement person was professional and see right away that all the cutouts were incorrect. This when Patrick can no longer claim there is no issues at all. He told me he will report all these issues back to the manager for a resolution. Almost after two weeks he emailed with proposal for them to remove the countertops to fix the cutout. I wrote back and asking if they will be reconnecting the plumbing and fix any damage caused by the removal. If not, I would like a 20% discount on the contract price for all the mistakes and troubles. Patrick told me that they are not responsible for repairing damage and the most that they are will to reimburse is $450. I told him that's not acceptable. At this point, I pretty much loss all trust in him. This is why I have to write this post to share my very bad experience. I hope this business owner or manager look at this and take corrective action.

Description of Work
Needed countertop stone for large kitchen and multiple bathrooms.

07/04/2016

Kristin W.

The job was perfect from start to finish. Patrick is one of the most customer-oriented sales reps we've ever worked with: thorough explanations, resourceful with solutions, and beyond patient. He guided us through the material selection, providing estimates for each of the multiple possibilities, answering all our questions--which we seemed to come up with daily--and ensuring the installation team was aware of any quirky details and concerns we had. Manny was beyond thorough in measuring to accommodate the less-than-level cabinets, uneven walls, and existing tile. We couldn't decide what type and size of backsplash to install, so he took multiple measurements to give us the option of making a decision once the counters were in place. How about that? The installers were highly professional. They removed the existing counters, leveled the cabinets, cut holes for the cooktop and installed the undermount sink. The finishing work is flawless so that the new and old blend (literally) seamlessly. A first-class job. The bottom line is that ABKA delivered the right product for the right price in a highly professional way. We recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
We wanted to install granite countertops. We didn't want to invest in or go through the hassle of installing a whole new kitchen, so the installer would be working with existing, older kitchen cabinets and wall tile. As well as home owners who knew nothing about countertop material options or how to get it all accomplished.

02/15/2016

Dan C.

Wonderful people to deal with. Jeff, the owner, is a real granite expert with reasonable prices. Jeff helped us pick out beautiful granite counter tops that look great in our kitchen. The installers did a magnificent job installing our counter tops. We could not have asked for a better outcome.

Description of Work
Replaced our current Formica counter tops in the kitchen with granite.

02/17/2015

denise O.

Went to ABKA and worked with Tim Stewart. He is very knowledgeable and professional. Gave him a budget and he met it. The price was fantastic. I had gotten pricing from another granite company for similar product and the price was 3 times more. Choose granite on Thursday. It was measured on Saturday and installed the following Wednesday. We ran into a time problem where the installers had to stop the installation due to time and unhappy neighbors (they had to cut a hole for cooktop). Installers said they couldn't come back for a couple of days. Emailed Tim after work hours and he responded immediately. Told me he would take care of it and viola the installers were back to complete installation at 8 am the next day. Outstanding service and quality. The counter tops are beautiful. Both the guy that measured and the installers were truly professional. Very easy and stress free transaction.

Description of Work
Purchased and installed granite counter tops.

02/06/2015

Michele D.

did Mr. Lofton helped us select the correct kitchen tiles and had the installers come in to put in our kitchen. Now our kitchen looks really amazing with the new tiles.They also put new molding in our bathroom that the previous installers forgot to do. They took out the office desk as well as the previous installer ignored our request. What a big difference it makes right there and the professionalism shows up on the tile. I am glad that Mr. Lofton took the time to come out and make it better for us. After this experience, I would definitely recommend ABKA to customers as I am happy with it.

Description of Work
I was not happy with their previous installer as they didn't do a very good job but Vadood Lofton came to our house to observe the work. He noticed the shabbily job that the previous installers did on our tile in our kitchen/bathroom and was anxious to get it fixed.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor

09/08/2014

Paul P.

We shopped for granite at multiple providers and settled on Abka because of the great pricing, quick responses to emails and calls and thankfully an excellent installation process. We worked with Carolyn on style of granite, sink, edging and scheduling of the measurement and installation. Manny came to our home for the measurements and provided excellent ideas regarding the size of the island, how to avoid the need for brackets. The installers came when scheduled and were conscious of our home and were diligent in the installation and treatment of the granite. This was a great experience.

Description of Work
Installed granite, a new sink, faucet

Category countertops, plumbing, marble & granite

08/18/2014

Sara C.

We are very happy with the new kitchen. I am a real estate agent and I was helping a client get her 1950's kitchen ready for market. When I told her that we could install a new kitchen for $10K (we bought $2K of stainless appliances from Lowes), she was skeptical but We were able to do it. ABKA's advertised price was $6,999 for a 10x10 kitchen and we ordered an upgraded cabinet (shaker Style in medium tone) and had a slightly bigger kitchen space than the 10x10 in the ad. Total price was $8K and they did everything, including install all the new appliances (over the stove microwave, dishwasher, frig, stove) Tim Stewart was our contact and was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend ABKA and will be using them again soon.

Description of Work
We bought the advertised special to remove kitchen cabinets and counter-top and install new cabinets and granite. ABKA handled the removal, the installation of cabinets, granite and appliances and all plumbing and electrical hookups. Complete package

Category custom cabinets, countertops, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

07/22/2014

BETTY O.

About two or three people came out for the job. It looks very nice. The contractor is a perfectionist and approved of it. Their price was by far the best for all the work they did. Overall it was a great experience and I'm very happy with them.

Description of Work
We bought granite from them, they came in to measure my kitchen, and came out to install it.

06/16/2014

BONI B.

From first walking into ABKA we were impressed with their knowledge and helpfulness. We worked with Yenni who was always available to answer any questions we had from day one until the end of the installation. The crew they used were pleasant, friendly and worked quickly to finish the job. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
The provider ordered and installed our new 42" vanity/sink. We bought the fixtures to go with it separately and ABKA installed them for us.

Category countertops, plumbing

05/28/2014

MOHAMMED F.

They are a first class organization and have a variety of slabs to choose from at a great price as we purchased granite from one of their heighbors few years ago and even they could not come close to the price of ABKA. Vadood (sales) was patient, made the drawing in front of us and gave us a great deal on an Emerald Pearl slab that was at their showroom lot. Manny was patient in measuring the space as well as he can as we had some uneven measurements from the renovation. ABKA also gave me a great price on a remnant which I wanted for my Big Green Egg nesting table on my deck. I wanted a granite top on the table and went to their showroom few days before my kitchen install and was able to find a nice piece at a reasonable price and they were able to install that piece the same day. There was a slight error in that particular installation but it will be fixed without any questions. That's customer service! I will use ABKA for my future granite need and recommend the same.

Description of Work
Install grainite in new basement kitchen and bbq table outside

04/12/2014

Laura K.

The countertop is beautiful. The installers were polite and worked hard. It was a long day - they were at the house for over eight hours. We have two quibbles. The first was with one of the countertop seams. It was not placed in the spot that we agreed on during the templating. While there may have been reasons for this that were beyond the control of Abka (I.e. Limited materials), it would have been nice to have been told of the issue in advance of installation. The second is with respect to how the installers left our property following installation. The yard and front door are still a mess from the countertop dust. There are remnants of countertop all over the lawn - chips and bits from where the faucet holes were drilled out. I am nervous for the first lawn mow of the season and what might be kicked up from the mower.

Description of Work
Templates, cut, and installed quartz countertop for kitchen and bathroom vanity.

Category countertops, plumbing

03/03/2014

Terry F.

I went into their store twice, I called him twice, and I never heard back from him. He was horrible. He told me that he would get back to me with a quote and I never heard back. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
I went to ABKA Marble & Granite Incorporated showroom twice. They did not do anything.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling

This review doesn't seem to be valid... there is no salesperson inside or outside the showroom named "ABKA". ABKA stands for American Bath and Kitchen Architectural and there is no way we would not respond to an inquiry. If this person contacted anyone at ABKA, as claimed, she would have at least remembered his name. One wonders why a salesperson whose job is to sell the company's products would not get back to a potential customer.

02/15/2014

Terrie B.

Yenni was great to work with on the front end. Paula fielded questions too, but they are busy and aren't always available when you call. Manny was patient when the contractors were not ready for him to measure. Everyone was knowledgeable, professional and congenial. Our granite is very dramatic; lots of swirls of color, black, white and amber. Although we were told we would have a seam, Walter was able to give us our big counter without a seam! This was huge for us; a welcome surprise. The back splash was beautifully aligned with the counter top. The 3 installers were very thorough, efficient and careful. They have a checklist that the buyer signs before they leave to ensure that everything has been checked and fount to be satisfactory. We worked with ABKA on a bathroom sink/vanity top. We were impressed with everything they have done.

Description of Work
ABKA picked up our granite after our selection at Marble Systems in VA. They moved a piece that was blocking ours once at our request so that we could pick a paint color. Manny measured the counter top after our cabinets were installed. At my request, Walter showed me where on the slab he had to cut the big piece; he gave me the option of picking the area for the smaller counter from the remaining slab. They delivered the counter top and installed it and the granite back splash. They sealed the granite.

Category countertops

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business!

01/30/2014

Anna B.

They had the best selection I have seen in the area, great showroom and service is by far the best. I was talking to various companies prior to finding ABKA. We had friends who recommended their experienced with ABKA, and we decided to try them out. From the sales person and office staff, the technician who came to our house to perform field measurements, to the installation crew; all were very professional and they answered all our questions. They even cleaned up all the areas that were affected before leaving. I am thoroughly impressed. I have already recommended this company to our closest friends and people who are seeking to do their kitchen or bath projects.

Description of Work
On site measurement of the countertops, consultation about the various edge styles, granite colors and sink selections. Removal of existing countertops and installation of new countertops. They hooked up the new plumbing as well.

Category countertops, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

We certainly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to have such happy customers.

01/01/2014

Richard L.

They replaced cabinets, counter tops and drawers in my kitchen. They were prompt, courteous and professional. I was impressed with the ongoing contact during the project. In addition, during our initial discussions they made suggestions which improved the final design. Our experience was very positive.

Description of Work
I used ABKA MARBLE AND GRANITE INC

Category custom cabinets, countertops, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, home remodeling

08/28/2013

Hla T.

I will have a talk with the provider.

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen remodel. Kitchen size 10X12.

Category countertops, home remodeling

Thank you for your business!

05/04/2013

Martin S.

It went quite well overall. I liked the fact that they came to the house to measure the counter, which was a bit complicated because it had a small shelf in addition to the main counter. The installation was flawless. The price was significantly below two nearby companies.

Description of Work
I had an unusual space in my dining room that needed a countertop. ABKA showed me their remnant granite slabs (remaining from larger jobs) and we chose one we liked. They came to the house to measure the space and later returned to do the installation.

Thank you!

Stone Garden LLC

A licensed and insured landscaping, masonry and construction company serving the DMV for more than 24 years! Stone Garden Inc is a company that loves to work hand in hand with its customers. We enjoy fulfilling the landscaping, masonry and construction needs our clients desire. Along with more than 20 years of experience, our workers are professional and hardworking. Please feel free to contact us for a free estimate for any landscaping, masonry and construction needs.

Springwood Gardens Landscape

DBA - Springwood Gardens LLC. Our design build team offers over 40 years of experience and quality service. We are fully insured, and references available upon request. All work is guaranteed. Ask about our follow-up program that gives you two free check-ups for one year after we complete any project!

Deckwonders LLC

Deck Wonders LLC Home Remodeling Contractor ,is a family owned and operated business in Gaithersburg MD . At Deck Wonders, Our team provides full customer service to produce the same joy to the households and families looking for a change in there Deck,using our Deck restoration system,Home Remodeling and interior and exterior painting .We’re your Deck Restoration and Home Remodeling experts!quality service at affordable prices and ensure the long term satisfaction of our clients. At Deck Wonders LLC we are experts transforming worn-out tired decks into something to impress,basement ,kitchen and more .Deck restoration we use a unique process that will leave you with maintenance free deck for many years. At Deck Wonders LLC we are experts in residential interior and exterior painting ,trim and door painting. We’re your interior house painting experts!quality service at affordable prices and ensure the long term satisfaction of our clients. Weve painted bedrooms,kitchens,living rooms , bathrooms, and more. We cover your floors, protect your furniture, and fill holes or cracks in the walls if necessary(includes drywall repair and soft sand for smooth surface on wall. We can remove wallpaper and seal windows,doors with new caulking as well. We are experts installing hardwood floors, ceramic tile, fence, interior or exterior paint and more for over 15 years. Our workers clean up on a daily basis and are sure to leave your residence clean. Our Services Deck Resurface,Deck Stain, Deck Clean, Fence Clean, Fence Stain, Deck and Fence Installation and repair, Interior and Exterior Painting, Drywall Installation, Ceramic and Hardwood Floor Installation,Deck Builders and Roof Replacement ,Home Improvement Contractor ,Home Remodeling Contractor . Contact us for a free onsite estimate estimate.

Offers by Deckwonders LLC on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal

Granite, Marble, & Quartz Counter Tops, Kitchen & Bathroom Cabinets, Porcelain & Natural Stone Tiles, Installations