495 Movers Inc

Founded 2009 • With Angi since December 2010

495movers incorporate founded in 2009 in Rockville Maryland. The company has set itself to high standards improving the image of the moving companies in Rockville Maryland. The reputation damaged due to the use of leads companies, brokers and subcontractors. With us it will never happened, our goal

movers (128)storage unit (7)

06/17/2022

arthur S.

they did a great job. arrived on time, nice people, took care of everything we asked, flexible. No problems. i think that they are expensive but that is often the case in this area when getting a company with good service.

Description of Work
moving contents of house

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

07/29/2021

John P.

The 495Movers crew arrived on time, carefully blanket-wrapped and boxed my furnishings, and delivered them to my new home. The work crew assigned to my move was efficient, hardworking and very pleasant to work with! They were awesome! I highly recommend 495Movers.

Description of Work
Move an entire household to new address

Work Completed On 07/27/2021

We are so happy to hear about your experience with our team. Thank you for choosing 495 Movers to assist with your move in DC. We appreciate your business.

07/24/2021

Elana H.

Great moving company. After reading many reviews I went with 495 and they were helpful throughout the whole moving process. Always fast to respond and came on time both to pick up and moving destination. All my stuff arrived with no damage. Would recommend and use again!

Description of Work
Long distance move

Work Completed On 07/24/2021

We are so happy to hear about your experience with our team. Thank you for choosing 495 Movers to assist with your move from DC to FL. We appreciate your business.

03/04/2021

Pete C.

Antonio Gonzalez and his crew from 495 Movers would be 100% any day, but on this occasion they were really great. My address that I was moving from was a third floor apartment with narrow stairwells and no elevator. And admittedly the apartment was in miserable condition. In addition, a top-of-the-news Winter storm landed on the latter half of the move. Antonio Gonzalez and crew just worked steadily right through. ... Money was not an issue because the salesman's estimate was the final cost. ... Perhaps I should emphasize that my move was a situation where I was concerned about finding a mover at all. My thanks to 495 Movers.

Description of Work
Residential Move

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

We are very happy to hear about your experience with our team. Thank you for choosing 495 Movers to assist with your move in Maryland. We appreciate your business.

02/15/2021

alexandra B.

I called this company to ask for a moving estimate for myself. I live in a group house in DC and have a few pieces of Ikea furniture, about 20 boxes, etc. I spoke to someone on the 26th of Jan and they sent me an estimate and I told them I was still contacting a few other companies and I would get back to them. They called me INCESSANTLY. They called me everyday for nearly 2 weeks, come days more than once. I have 4 missed or declined calls from them on February 4th. I would never use this company. Not only was their estimate $200 higher than that for other companies but the calling borders on harassment. Just plain annoying and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Moving 1 bedroom

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

02/01/2021

Matt K.

495movers first came to our house and went through all the items to move with us (other movers we called didn't come to the house, but rather gave us a quote that reflected how we filled out their online forms, which ended up being higher). They also gave us tips about how to pack, and what we should move on our own. They also supplied free boxes (I ended going to their location twice to get them). Thus, we were very well prepared on moving day. They were careful with all the furniture (wrapping it, etc.) and nothing was damaged during the move. The total move ended up taking only half the time originally envisioned (probably because we were well prepared), so the final cost ended up much lower than the original estimate. We were very satisfied with their services and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moving, from a SFH to a townhouse

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

We are pleased to hear about your experience with our team. Thank you for allowing 495 Movers to assist with your move in Maryland. We appreciate your business.

12/10/2020

Lisa T.

They wasted time. They took a 15 minute break every hour and it took them 11 hours to move a one bedroom. Didn't put my bed correctly and left a wrench in my bed. And there was 3 of them there's no way that took 11 hours. It took them a week and half to respond to my complaints. c

Description of Work
" 1 bed room apt to move furniture "

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

10/14/2020

Marquinette M.

The movers were very nice and professional the entire time. They tired to accommodate to the best of the ability. The owner was very nice after there was a bump/misunderstanding upon the original contract. I was glad that I was able to work things out.

Description of Work
I had an apartment moved to another apartment development.

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

[Member Name Removed] - Thank you for choosing 495 Movers to assist with your move. I am pleased to hear that things went well.

04/06/2020

Sharon F.

They were excellent and packed in one day and moved me the next. They were very polite young men whom I would highly recommend. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They moved me to a new home in a new state.

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

11/22/2019

Rosemary S.

They responded very quickly. They provided an email quote after walking through each room to make sure the inventory was correct.

Description of Work
I'm moving from a 2 bedroom to a one bedroom across the street.

Work Completed On 11/22/2019

09/16/2019

Brad F.

Overall a great moving experience from initial contact to the final box being placed in my new home. They provide all packing materials, but you do have to pick them up if you want to pack your own items. Otherwise they will pack and move everything. 495Movers showed up early on my move date and began the loading of the truck. They were very professional and wrapped everything amazingly well. I had an additional stop to pick up a large piece of furniture and they accommodated me and loaded the additional items with no problem. Once at the new house they placed plastic down on all stairs/carpets and runners on all the hard floor surfaces. They offloaded my items carefully and professionally taking care to not damage my walls or anything else. None of my items were damaged, which is a rarity in any move. The team truly went above an beyond, even assembling furniture that was still in the manufacturer's boxes! I have had many moves in my life and this one was by far the best! After the move the charges were clearly explained to me and the total price was clearly shown, no hidden or add on costs. 495Movers made my moving day no stress, I was happy to have them move my stuff and I won't hesitate to call them again if I ever move again.

Description of Work
Moving Services

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

09/10/2019

Hanna H.

I was really pleased with the whole process and I appreciated their job, their efficiency and they exceeded my expectation.

Description of Work
They packed and unpacked the whole household item and they moved it from a home to another home.

Work Completed On 09/02/2019

09/04/2019

Hyeon-Jin H.

I highly recommend them! They were professional and gracious from the beginning to the end. They went above and beyond. The front staff was patient and thorough with all of our changes to the move. And the movers themselves were hardworking and so kind. There's not doubt we will use them again!

Description of Work
Moving from one location to another.

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

08/27/2019

Roberta D.

495 Movers did a great job, they did the full packing and treated our stuff with respect and our house as well. The guys are very caring and are very hard workers you can see how much they love doing their job and how careful they do it as well. 1st I would like to explain when I first called 495 movers the first person I spoke with is the person I dealt with from beginning to end. If I ever had any questions I knew who I needed to speak with my sales person which was Tom and when he was not available I dealt with Priscila which was always available to answer any question I needed. 2nd when you book with them they provide all the packing materials for free. Even though they were doing all the packing for me I tried to do some of the packing as well and I was able to go to their office as many times for unlimited boxes as many times as I want, the fact that I didn't have to pay more money for boxes was the best part of everything. Also when they arrived to do the packing they brought more boxes, They were such gentlemen and telling me not to worry about it they have everything under control. The customer services there is amazing I couldn't be more happy with my experience with 495 movers and I will defiantly be using them again. I spoke with the owners of the company personally just to explain to them what a great team they have and they should be very proud. For a long distance move from Rockville, MD to California my experience was the best. Hopefully I am in California for the long run, but if anything I'll defiantly be calling 495 Movers again to bring me back to Maryland. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU WILL NOT REGRET! :)

Description of Work
Full Packing Move to California

Category moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

08/27/2019

Jodi A.

When I got the estimate it was lower than the other 2 estimates I got by $500 & 600 with 3 guys for 8-9 hours. The other estimates were 4 guys for 8-9 hrs, so I went with 495 Movers because of the price savings. The movers arrived on time and were very professional, friendly and extremely hard working. However, by mid-afternoon I realized that this was taking a lot longer than expected. The move ended up taking 13 hrs and the guys were exhausted so towards the end left several boxes in the garage and first floor, which I later had to move to the correct rooms. I have lots of stairs so I didn't really blame them. When finished after 10 pm and it was time to pay, they had added over $1000 to the cost (over $3000) and I wasn't happy about it. I told them that I chose them because of their price. So, the mover called the owner and I spoke with him. I told him that the other estimates I had gotten were between $2500-2600, so he said how about $2550? I agreed because I know how hard the moving guys worked. But I forgot that I had already paid the deposit and so ended up paying $2765 total, higher than the other 2 estimates. I understand that sometimes things take longer and another hour or so is not unheard of, but 13 hrs was exhausting to the movers and to my family. I happily tipped the movers because they worked tirelessly for 13 hours. My problem with the experience is that I chose 495 Movers for the price and ended up paying more than the other companies and the move not being finished until after 10 pm instead of 6 or 7 pm as expected.

Description of Work
Moved into new home

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

08/12/2019

Mary S.

The whole experience with 495 was excellent from start to finish. Very responsive to my initial inquiries and answered all of my questions. Very cost effective and we compared a few companies. They provide all packing supplies which was a huge help, if you don't mind driving out to their warehouse (which we didn't). And on the day of the move, our moving team was 2 minutes early and came in ready to go. They had our entire place moved and setup at the new house in 5 hours and 15 minutes, including a 30+ minute drive from one location to the other. We were very impressed and the team was very personable and professional. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Moving services from a 2BR condo to single family home

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

08/08/2019

S M.

It went well. Movers were very careful and wrapped furniture. They put covering on the carpet. They were happy to put items in place for us and set up the beds. Someone callled the night before to confirm the move. They were recommended by a neighbor and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
Move from home to an apartment

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

07/28/2019

Judy W.

I would give the move an A-. The sales person I worked with, Tom, was excellent and accommodating as we had to adjust our moving date about 1-1/2 week out from the move. We had a layover of one day between when we packed the truck and the date we moved in. Of course, there was an extra fee for the layover, but that was to be expected. The quote he gave us was realistic, and we came in under because we hired packing help to come in ahead of the move. They underestimated the number of trucks they would need, which we found out on the move-out day, but they were able to get a truck and complete the job. The crew leader, Antonio, was a consummate professional and had the crew working quietly and efficiently. It was impressive. But like most moves, there were last-minute things that needed to be packed, and the crew was very accommodating in packing those things up as they worked from room-to-move. They showed up promptly, even a bit ahead of time, on both move-out and move-in days. They taped moving blankets around all furniture items to protect them. We still ended up with a few dings on the furniture, and, sadly, they broke the leg of one the dressers as they were pushing it (instead of lifting it) across the carpet. But that was the only complaint I would offer. I was pleased with their service and would recommend them to others. They are not the lowest-priced movers. They were mid-priced. But for their accommodation, honesty, and professionalism, they were terrific to work with and made the overall moving experience as fluid as possible.

Description of Work
moving from MD to SW Virginia

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

07/09/2019

Christina C.

Very disappointed with 495 movers!!! BEWARE - they are a SCAM. I urge you to not use them. We had movers already scheduled for our mover, but after doing additional research I got nervous by the movers we had selected. This is when I saw the great reviews for 495 movers. I called them and spoke to Josh. Josh said they would be an in-person quote for our move, which the other movers did not do. He explained to me that by doing this it would provide us with a realistic quote because others movers constantly come in over their quotes resulting in the customer paying more than they thought. This all sounded reasonable to me (boy was I wrong). Moti came and did the in-person estimate with my husband. My husband walked him all over our house to include the garage and shed. Moti kept saying to my husband over and over that our house "would be an easy move." He told my husband they would need two trucks. They sent the estimate, which was double of what we would pay with the mover we had scheduled. However, in talking to Josh he explained how they would wrap and protect our belongings and take full inventory. We decided to go with 495 movers especially since they had to move us out, store our stuff for a week, and then deliver it to our new house, and we thought paying the extra would give us comfort on the moving day. The morning of our move got off to a bad start when they only brought one truck and the movers said we would need two. We called back to the office and they said the quote was only based on one truck and for two we would have to pay more per hour. We had a back and forth with the office especially since Moti, their boss, told us we would need two at the time of the estimate. They finally brought another truck. It took them 12 hours to move the stuff out of our old house. This is MUCH longer than they had estimated. We have three small children and two dogs, and it was very hard and complicated having doing the logistics. Thank goodness for good friends and family when the movers took hours longer than they had predicted. The actual guys doing the move I have no complaint with. It was hot and they were hustling! They were nice and friendly and I do appreciate their hard work. When we called back to discuss how they were already close to the estimate, Josh said not to worry and when they drop the stuff at our new house in a week we would work something out and to CALL him when we go to pay. For the move into the new house, I confirmed FOUR times with 495 movers that they would be there between 1030 and 1100, as we settled that morning at 930. They called at 0745 in the morning and said they were about to leave. I, again, reminded them we had a confirmed time and they could not come earlier. 495 movers decided then to put them on a new job and they did not get to our house until after 1pm. When we called OVER AND OVER again on why they were late, no one could tell us. One of the reps even admitted that they screwed up. So....when they FINALLY get to our house, it then takes them another 8 hours to move us in. It is dark now by the time they get done and, again, we have three small children. They broke a crib, despite all the hours wrapping, and we are missing the tiles for two outside tables. When it comes to payment time, Josh cannot be reached. Luis talks to my husband and has to call Moti (what a crap show!) and they decide to only take off $250 but to call the next day and we would work something more out (see a pattern?) They are now over 1K+ their estimate. The estimate Josh and Moti assured us would be correct. My husband tired and holding our crying baby, paid them. We called the next day....no answer. We left messages, no call back. I put a stop on the check. The next day and the day after, we called and called. Finally, they return our call 4 days later. They tell us that the guys worked those hours and we need to pay them. However, they were the ones that royally messed up our move! We decided to pay them, but only $500 over the estimate. They made our move SO much more stressful than it had to be. I could not believe by going through these movers and agreeing to pau double what the other company quoted us, we would have such a horrible experience. I urge you all NOT to believe the good reviews as they are likely false and hold this company accountable by not giving them your business.

Description of Work
Move out of new house, storage for a week and move into new house.

Category moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

12/06/2018

David R.

Excellent service, the truck and crew came on time and worked efficiently. Final price was as promised with no surprises. Would definitely hire them again for my next move.

Description of Work
Moving to a new single house

Work Completed On 05/24/2017

12/05/2018

Guy L.

Outstanding service, helped me move from Hoboken NJ to the DC area without a hitch. This is the 3rd time I have used 495Movers and I will return!

Description of Work
Moving across states

Work Completed On 07/01/2018

12/05/2018

Motti T.

Great! the company is great in service, they did not have any surprise fees or additional costs when the work was done, they showed up on time (actually ahead of time) and the crew was kind, considering and efficient.

Description of Work
Moving of a house

Work Completed On 07/15/2017