Potomac Security Systems

Founded 1984 • With Angi since October 2006

9821 Kendale Rd

Potomac, MD 20854

We are a small, family owned business, now in our 28th year....

05/11/2017

Suzanne H.

No issues. No middlemen, just father and son team. Great!

Description of Work
Installed new security system on doors, windows, and monitor on main entrance.

09/01/2015

Marc F.

Put in a nice modern system that is working well. Some of the big brand names advertise systems that sound like a bargain, until you see how little is included. I had a system from one of those names in my previous house, and when you called them the automated phone system (press 1 if ... etc.) was so convoluted and tortuous that I wondered what would happen if I needed quick help. With the monitoring company for the present system you get a live human directly. The price was in line with another local security system company.

Description of Work
Discussed and installed a home security system.

01/17/2015

David H.

Jeff Young, the owner, did a great job explaining alternatives and explaining pros and cons of various options. the installation was excellent -- very neat and careful about the furniture and woodwork. He provided a very complete explanation of the features of the system and how they worked. We've had zero problems now after about 8 months.

Description of Work
Installed complete security system in a large house with many windows & doors.

01/07/2014

David H.

Potomac Security Systems installed an excellent security system in our house. I feel completely safe and secure when I go to bed at night or leave the house b/c I know that the security system will deter and/or sound the alarm on any intruders. I highly recommend this company. The founder/owner explained everything to us, helped us practice various scenarios, and offered a competitive price.

10/30/2013

Diane V.

Most recently Jeff Young helped us by replacing a massive back-up battery to our system, when the old battery failed just as we were leaving town for the Shore. Jeff dropped everything and obtained the rare battery for us and helped us with the installation before we left town, to the great relief of us and our house sitters. Overall during the last 10 years the service has been outstanding. We feel much more secure due to this system. We have recommended Potomac Security to our neighbors at least one of whom has had Potomac install a system for them as well.

Description of Work
We have been regular customers of the Potomac Security System for the last 10 years. Overall, we find their alarm system and monitoring services to be excellent. Most recently, they visited and provided a new back-up battery for use with our system for use when Pepco Power Outages occur. Jeff Young, the owner, is very helpful, patient, and thoughtful. His wife has also been very helpful when we were confused. We are grateful to them for their good work.

08/26/2013

Deborah S.

Provider did an excellent job of reinstalling the main security panel in a very professional manner. Provider has consistently provided the highest quality service for our system. Further, the provider has advised us of potential technology upgrades which are available and installed those upgrades which we requested. Provider's work is very professional and leaves the house in a very clean condition.

Description of Work
Provider reinstalled main security panel to a location near the front door where we would have a better connection to our cell phone service provider.

04/29/2013

Guy C.

Jeff Young installed my alarm system 9 years ago. When there has been an issue, he has been responsive and prompt. He is honest, knowledgeable, and professional.

Description of Work
I have an annual contract with Potomac Security. Have had it for 9 years. the $50 was for a service call.

04/05/2013

Connie B.

Outstanding work. I've frequently recommended Potomac Security to others because of my great experience. They've installed full security systems in two homes for me over the past 15 years. I appreciate that Jeff Young, the owner, is a consumate professional engineer and personally handles all of the hands-on work; he is available at any time for troubleshooting (which may be needed evenings or weekends). He or his wife have patiently guided me via phone on how to replace batteries and solve other minor issues. He takes pains to design a system tailored to meet the individual security needs and budget of the client, and makes changes as needed through the years. My systems have been pretty much trouble free, and Potomac's monitoring fees are fair and even.

Description of Work
Potomac Security installed a full home security system in a house I had purchased. (They had previously installed a full system in a former resistance, and maintained it through the years.) Through the years, I've occasionally had them add on to the latest system, or handle some minor troubleshooting as needed.

12/13/2012

Sandra J.

Mr. Young responded to my initial inquiry very promptly and scheduled follow-up appointments as soon as his scheduled allowed. He was courteous and professional. Mr. Young suggested a reasonable number of element to install and was willing to work with me to cut some elements out in order to lower the price. After just under two months, the system seems to be working well.

Description of Work
Mr. Young met with me to discuss my security needs, compiled and estimate, and then installed a security system in my home.

11/27/2012

Stuart M.

Excellent. I called Jeff Young who walked me through checking the system's functionality and reminding me of the security codes and operation. He also reconnected the system to the remote monitoring service immediately. Same day service.

Description of Work
Revive and restore my home alarm system and set it up with the monitoring service after a 3-year hiatus

11/06/2012

LORI C.

Thorough explanation of the system which was most helpful

Description of Work
Jeff Young took over the operation of the residential security system that was already installed. His service, responsiveness and professionalism has been exemplary. He even made a "house call" on a Sunday when there was a problem. We couldn't be more satisfied. M. Curtis

10/30/2012

Mary S.

Great service. I wouldn't consider using anyone else.

Description of Work
I have used Jeff's services for more than 22 years. He's a great problem solver--a true professional. With today's problem, Hurricane Sandy had caused a malfunction on one of my keypads. Over the phone, Jeff told me how to reset the keypad in less than 3 minutes. Problem solved without even needing a housecall.

04/18/2012

Laurel G.

They're responsive. If I ever have a problem, they'll fix it. I can get a hold of them quickly if I need them.

Description of Work
They monitor my house for break in.

07/14/2011

LORI C.

Problem solved - very well

Description of Work
Jeff Young provides security for 2 of our residences and when one had a major issue he " walked" me through a possible solution via the phone. When that didn't work he came to the house even though it was a Sunday. Exceptional professional service - very nice gentleman as well!

05/01/2011

Kathleen G.

I was very happy with my experience from beginning to end. Jeff and his wife are very nice - it is refreshing to work with a smaller, family owned business that seems to really care about taking care of the customer. He came to my house for the estimate and was very honest and forthright. He followed with the installation, which he did himself personally, which was quick and easy. The system has been working beautifully since. I have no complaints at all - it was much smoother than I even thought it would be, although I saw all the great reviews on Angie's List. Another great Angie's List experience!

Description of Work
Jeff and Potomac Security installed a new alarm system.

01/13/2011

stacey D.

They did a great job. They were professional and really thorough. The only reason we did not go with them was because they were a little more expensive. I will probably use them in the future to get a quote.

Description of Work
Potomac Security Systems gave me a quote 2 years ago to install a security system.

10/17/2010

Bruce R.

Arrived on time on the scheduled date. Neat, efficient, through installation. Explained system features and tested system with us. Left operation manuals and charged less than his estimate.

Description of Work
Installation of a new home security system including 3 panels and many many sensors (doors/windows/smoke/heat/motion/carbon monoxide/water/glass break) throughout the house.

09/17/2010

DOUGLAS S.

The entire process from the envisioning of the alarm system to installation was outstanding. Jeff's years of experience and guidance helped in the cost of installation. His comments and guidance for the alarm installation centered around the best value instead of profit. We recommend him highly!

Description of Work
I referred my son to Potomac Security based upon the ratings on Angies List. My son spoke with the owner/installer, Jeff, who provided good information to resolve concerns/needs for the alarm system. The equipment Jeff uses is very expandable, of good quality, and excellent for compatibility. Jeff was very punctual and arrived on-time. There were no unexpected issues or problems. He was very responsive to the specific needs of my son's residence and was prepared to accommodate them.

12/24/2009

Douglas B.

Jeff was professional from start to finish. While his price was in the middle range of what we found, we felt his installation and service would be more professional than others. He completed the work in about 5 hours and was diligent from start to finish.

Description of Work
Installed central alarm system with door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

11/18/2009

ANN B.

Jeff and his son actually did the installation. They came on a Saturday and Sunday. Since I work during the week they offered that option. There were some glitches in the original alarm wiring of my house, but in just a few hours Jeff figured it out. ( we saved money by using or existing wiring). We installed these digital touch pds, that are so easy to operate are practicle, and are the state of the art in technology.

Description of Work
Jeff Young came to our home to analyze our need for an alarm system. He was not an alarmist, as other alarm company representative seem to be. He told us what we needed and what we really did not need. He actually went through the various scenarios and statistics of specific home invasions. Being that Jess is a retired Engineer he explained the "science" behind each piece of equipment in the alarm.

10/14/2009

TOM W.

They do home security work and alarm systems. They are professional, responsive and punctual.

Description of Work
I used Potomac Security Systems. The last time I used them was 3 weeks ago.

08/20/2009

holly G.

Jeff explained everything really well and very clearly. He worked with me to get the price within my grasp and offering suggestions. The installation took under 3 hours for a system for a 3 bedroom ranch. He was a pleasure to have in my home.

Description of Work
Great!

06/24/2009

KATE O.

Jeff Young was thoroughly knowledgable and professional. He didn't recommend any unsuitable options and was impressively expert in home security. We would enthusiastically recommend him to anyone who wants a complete, reliable, state of the art system.

Description of Work
Comprehensive security system was installed in home

10/01/2008

Rupa D.

We called him to give us an estimate a few months before we actually went ahead with the installation. When we called him back, he remembered us and our home, scheduled an install date that was very convenient for us, did the installation himself-and was very creative and clean about how he installed the items. In addition, we experienced a malfunction of one of the sensors for which he very readily made himself available to correct. Absolutely sterling professional and we were very happy with our experience. We would hire him again in a second.

Description of Work
The owner came to our home, did a full security survey, gave us an estimate, and installed the system of our choosing.

10/01/2007

MARION B.

The work was done promptly and at the estimated price. The owner, Jeff Young, explained the various options to me with clear concern for my finances. He really tried to save me money in my choices of components. Jeff did the installation himself. He was very knowledgeable and professional. He spent substantial time teaching me about the system, as a result of which I have had no problems at all using its various functions. Potomac Security Systems is a real find. A small company with professional, personal service. I'd recommend Potomac Security without any hesitation.

Description of Work
I had a very comprehensive security system installed in my home, including protection against burglary, fire, low temperature, and water/flood; including extra key pads, motion and glass breakage detection, door and window sensors, and central monitoring.

Al-com Systems llc

TV wall mount , Home Automation,Security camera and Home Theater systems installation company. We care about every single one of our customers. We, willing and eager to speak with you, at any time! Our team of technicians are highly trained and all have years of experience. Our team delivers only the highest quality level of service and our customer testimonials prove it! Our systems design & installation division offers complete audio-visual technology solutions that are seamless and simplified. We work with corporate clients, contractors & architects, school systems & universities, houses of worship, healthcare facilities, government agencies, the hospitality industry, auditoriums, theaters ctr.. If you need AV and services, look no further than The Al-com Systems

Offers by Al-com Systems llc on Angi
    Urban Alarm

Based in Washington DC - Urban Alarm services businesses and residential neighborhoods in the DC, MD and VA area. We provide security alarm systems, fire alarms, access control, telephone entry, video surveillance, and other electronic security systems for residential, commercial, and property management customers.

Abstract, LLC

Abstract Security Solutions prides itself on professional security camera installations for both residential and commercial use. We work closely with the client to determine what the immediate concerns are and from there we are able to design and implement a custom system with a one time cost. No monthly charges. All work is guaranteed and we offer 2 year warranty on most equipment. Abstract also offers system leasing on case by case basis. All camera systems have the ability to be viewed through stationary monitors placed on site, and/or remotely through mobile devices or PC. Our cameras are of the highest quality and are rated for indoor and outdoor use. We have access to a wide range of cameras with options to fit any situation including night vision capabilities. Abstract is owner-operated. It's owner has been in the security/IT industry for over 20 years and makes extra effort to take care of the customer. At Abstract we are committed to partnering with the client to provide the most comprehensive system within the constraints determined.

Residential & commercial security systems.

Ask for details.