with appropriate health and safety precautions

We accept remote payment

Beautiful Home Services

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2007

18909 Fisher Ave

Poolesville, MD 20837

From interior and exterior painting to general and finish carpentry, drywall, basement remodeling, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, and general light remodeling services, if you live in or around the DC metro area we’ve got just the right crew ready to tackle your job. Prepare to be impressed. As

04/19/2022

Jessica T.

I hired Beautiful Home Services for a master bathroom renovation after reading many positive reviews posted online. I'm giving BHS 2 stars because even though I'm happy with the final outcome, it was a series of struggles over the course of 6 months to get here. Leading up to the renovation, I had 2 different project managers who were supposed to be helping me pick out materials. Neither sent suggestions or responded to my emails about selections for my bathroom. In the end, everything was set up by an assistant. I finally got a 3rd project manager, who showed up to my project on what was supposed to be their start date (it had to be pushed back a week) with no idea of the plans that had been in progress for months. This situation quickly went from bad to worse due to a ton of miscommunication between my contractor, the 3rd project manager, and the BHS offices. My contractor continually lied about things to me and to the BHS office. They tried to charge me over $1,000 for a mistake the contractor made. The contractor even tried telling my project manager I approved of the mistakes, which I obviously didn’t. The day my project manager scheduled for my countertop to be installed, the contractor was nowhere to be found, which resulted in delays lasting weeks. He also started to treat me in an incredibly condescending manner. I'm a single woman who was very involved in the project (I built the custom vanity myself) and he treated me like I had no idea what was going on despite my having to essentially act as my own project manager for the entirety of the renovation. I gave him multiple pictures of how pieces should be installed, and his team disregarded them and installed the pieces incorrectly. Ultimately, I complained to the project manager about him, who took him off the job. On their last day of work the contractor still showed up to my house, even after being told not to. There was also an issue with water being spilled upstairs in the bathroom. I was told by the contractor that I would come home to a "small brown spot" on my kitchen ceiling where the water spilled on the floor above. Instead I came home to a hole in the ceiling, with water actively leaking (see attached picture) onto my kitchen floor. He downplayed this to the BHS offices too, who didn't know how extensive the issue was. Thankfully they fixed everything without charging me. This project started in November and was finally finished in April. I was waiting on a piece of hardware for my shower that I notified my project manager about in January. Unbeknownst to me, he left the company and did not relay this information to my now 4th project manager. Contractors came by to finish the project in March without knowing there was still a piece missing. At this point, I contacted the BHS owner and expressed my frustration with the entire project, but mostly how long it was taking. He apologized and let me know he would make this project a priority, and try and order the missing pieces for the hardware ASAP. 3 weeks go by and I only get 1 piece of the 4-piece hardware. Finally, the 4th project manager tells me they’re out of stock and I should pick out something new. I quickly googled the entire piece of hardware (not each of the 4 pieces), and found there were over 300 in stock at Ferguson, which is the supplier BHS was working directly with. I have no idea how a project manager, an owner, and the multiple representatives at Ferguson couldn't find this piece when they told me my project was a priority, adding an additional month to this already extremely delayed project. I would absolutely not recommend BHS to anyone planning on renovating their home. This was a horrible experience for me and not worth the time and undue stress for a master bathroom renovation.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Renovation

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your review and we are very sorry you had a less than ideal experience. The past 18-months or so have been challenging times to be in business, especially with materials shortages and delays. We appreciate your patience and also we are happy that the final product looks great - thank you for adding pictures of your beautiful completed bathroom. At the end of the day, quality work is what matters the most. We are continually looking for ways to improve and your feedback will be used to prevent these types of issues from derailing future projects.

05/18/2020

Steven K.

Beautiful Home Services did a great job on our house in May 2020, fixing/replacing damaged wood on both house trim and fence, and then painting everything. They were very easy to deal with and very committed to doing a quality job. They worked hard, were courteous and cleaned up afterwards. They followed up each day to check and did a final QA with me when everything was done. Recommend and would hire again.

Description of Work
Exterior house paint/wood repair and fence

Category contractors, house painters

Thank you, Mr. [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure to work with you!

05/06/2020

Mel A.

I have a pretty small kitchen but I wanted to do a refresh (new countertops and backsplash) and so many companies told me that my job was too small and they wouldn't do it. But Beautiful Home Services was here to rescue my kitchen from its sad 80's orange prison! The crew we super nice and polite. They worked quickly and were super clean. The main project manager was very responsive by phone and called to check in on the status of the project at all major points. It was a great experience and I will definitely be using this company again.

Description of Work
Kitchen refresh - countertops and backsplash

Category home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you for your review! It has been a pleasure working with you.

02/18/2019

Izzy K.

The Beautiful Homes company was difficult to deal with and not responsive to customer needs and criticism. The project director was pleasant and knowledgeable but didn't seem to pay adequate attention to specific details for customer guidance for purchasing bathroom furnishings. The project coordinator on the other hand didn't seem to be very familiar with our project. He rescheduled the initial appointment day before and when he did come, he had to be searching on his phone for details of our project. The project was scheduled for Monday and he told me that they will pick up all of our ordered supplies and deliver them to us the first thing Friday morning. I've changed my schedule accordingly. Nobody showed up or called by noon on Friday and so I've contacted the company. The project coordinator called back and told me that they will pick up the material next week and the project will be scheduled not on Monday but sometimes next week. I've complained and instead of addressing the issues, the company decided to cancel the contract and refund the money leaving me with purchased items (some not returnable) awaiting pickup at two different suppliers. To me this was very unprofessional and prima donna attitude. Subsequently, I was fortunate to find another contractor who performed our project professionally, efficiently, with high quality and even at a lower price, totally opposite of Beautiful Homes company.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

While we appreciate the customer taking the time to provide feedback, we strong disagree with his recollection of events. In 13+ years in business, we have only canceled a contract on a customer twice...out of 5000+ contractors. We went back through our email and phone logs and were able to ascertain that the vast majority of communications (mainly email) were replied to within 24 hours, including on weekends. The customer's complaint regarding "adequate attention to specific details" was largely that he was expecting a personal shopper/designer which is not a service we offer at this time. We apologize if this was a miscommunication on our end. When our Project Manager met with the client on Friday, he was 'on his phone' attempting to locate the customer provided materials orders as the materials were not on the job site as had been promised by the customer. Our staff was trying to locate them for the client, not at all confused about the job. Further, we had never set a start date of Monday, but rather had listed Monday as the day we would stock the job. We elected to cancel the project and refund the deposit after the customer became rude and unprofessional towards our staff and did not have the materials ready for us to start the job as promised. We reserve the right to refuse service anytime our staff feels uncomfortable with how they are being treated. We had two staff member separately come to us and say they didn't feel comfortable working for thus customer. Therefore, we had no choice but to cancel the contract and return the deposit in full without delay.

09/30/2018

Kimberly S.

BHS truly lives up to its name as it made my home beautiful! I am a brand new homeowner and unfortunately have learned everything that can go wrong when owning a home. Soon after I moved into my house I realize that the previous homeowners did not maintain the house properly, despite appearances, and I was in desperate need to find a good contractor. I interviewed approximately 10 different companies all based on recommendations from friends or online reviews, however was most impressed with Andrew, one of the owners of BHS, when he came out to do the estimate. Based on his attention to detail, knowledge, and very reasonable estimate I knew I found my contractor. I hired BHS to completely “gut” the first floor of my house, laying down porcelain tile, expanding the laundry room (which included moving plumbing and building a countertop and shelves), remodeling a bathroom, drywall work, adding insulation, painting, and some electrical work (adding lights where none were installed, outlets, and installing ceiling fans). As you can see BHS does everything! Overall I am very happy with how the project turned out however we did encounter a few problems but these are the reasons why I plan to hire BHS for future remodeling projects. Both Andrew and Craig quickly addressed my concerns and their top notch customer service is the reason why I recommend BHS and will use them when I remodel my kitchen and another bathroom. Throughout the entire project they were very responsive to emails and were eager to make sure I was completely satisfied. Many companies these days don’t care once they get paid and it clearly shows that BHS takes great pride in their quality of work and repeat business. Thank you BHS and I look forward to working with you on future projects.

Description of Work
Tile flooring, drywall, painting, electrical, plumbing, bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you for your kind review, [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to work with you and we look forward to doing so again!

07/18/2018

Paul R.

I initially hired Beautiful Home Services (BHS) to clean up a $1,900 painting mistake I made - thru a competitor. My caveat: fix this problem to my satisfaction, and you'll have the keys to painting our entire home! Needless to say, BHS delivered the goods!! Hired to Paint Entire House Interior, to include Ceilings/Walls for following room types: Hallway, Living, Dining, Kitchen, Bedrooms (3), Family, Baths (2) Enjoyed the professionalism/responsiveness of sales rep (Alex) and work crews (Anabelle, Jimmy, Eric, Others) in painting our house. Alex was accommodating to our schedule, prompt with project quotes and even willing to negotiate a price project that we varied upon. He was a delight to bounce ideas off of and discuss potential painting upgrades. Loved the work crew assigned to our home. They showed up on time, and ready/willing to work. The team typically blitzed the initial day, then encouraged me to walk thru and annotate a tweak list - to address on subsequent workdays. This worked extremely well, and they were very particular in resolving my concerns - right off the check list I provided them. Couldn't ask for a better relationship! What was most impressive was the followup employed by BHS, to ensure that all my concerns had been effectively addressed - and that the finished product was a success. Once they even came back to address a concern that most others would have told me to forget about it. Beautiful Home Services provided us with absolute top notch painting that we're proud to tell others about. The house's interior has been brightened and looks the part of a model itself, thanks to their efforts. A bit of advice that could prove helpful to all (from my personal school of 'hard knocks'): You get what you pay for!! We highly recommend BHS services for anyone considering an interior upgrade - particularly painting, in our case. You will not be disappointed!!

Description of Work
Interior Home Painting - Entire House

Category interior painters

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your continued business and kind words. I wish all our clients were a great to work for as you. We appreciate your faith in trusting us with your home and look forward to working for you again in the future.

07/04/2018

James L.

My wife and I finally decided to replace the builder's grade master bathroom in our home this year. We interviewed several contractors, and decided to go with BHS. They provided us with a list of references, and a contact person to help us with our product purchases. They assigned a project manager to our job, and he kept us updated regularly, and was available for any questions. BHS did a wonderful job. We are sticklers for details and they patiently listened to us along the way and worked with us. When an issue arose with one of the sub-contractors, BHS stepped in and fully resolved the issue to our satisfaction. Their workers are respectful, professional, and committed to keeping the non-work areas clean and free of project materials or mess. We could not be happier. In fact we liked their work so much that we hired them a second time to remodel two hall bathrooms. Again, they did fabulous work and we look forward to working with them again.

Description of Work
Master Bath and Two Hall Bath Remodels

04/09/2018

Nimish V.

Excellent work. On time, on budget, and staff was professional. Outstanding as always.

Description of Work
primarily bathroom plumbing, tub sliding door installation, and installing bathroom cabinets

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

04/09/2018

Nimish V.

Perfection. Everything from initial consultation to completion of project. This is the second time I have used them and both times, they were very easy to work with.

Description of Work
repair and remodel bathroom

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. It is a pleasure working with you and we look forward to future projects with you.

02/05/2018

Robert K.

We hired Beautiful Home Services to paint our first floor and reface our kitchen. They did a beautiful job, were super communicative and responsive, and the price was completely reasonable. They were able to schedule the work in a very timely manner and completed it well within when they said they would. I feel that they did everything they were contracted for and went above (when a couple of water shut off valves broke, they replaced them quickly and fixed the problem quickly and easily). We are so happy with the final product.

Description of Work
Painting of 1 floor of home, reface kitchen (replace counters, paint cabinets)

Category home remodeling, interior painters

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed] and Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your business and kind words. We enjoyed working on your lovely home and look forward to future projects for you and your family. Andrew

08/08/2017

John M.

Beautiful Home Services did a great job. The COO came out on Day 1 to take pictures and measurements and talk us through the whole process. Once the work began, the workers came every day and (I was working from home a few days) basically didn't stop moving for the 9-10 hours a day they were there. The master closet looks seamless with the rest of the bedroom and the downstairs closet (separating the basement from the upstairs) is now completely sound-proof and has provided much-needed space.

Description of Work
A master bedroom closet and converting a stairwell to a closet

Category drywall, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

08/07/2017

Kathryn K.

We first found BHS when we had a problem with our dryer vent that required drywall work and tile cutting. We tried vent people and HVAC people but no one would touch it. BHS came in and fixed everything. After that, we used them to completely replace all of the flooring on the main level of our house a couple months ago. They demolished existing flooring and did hardwood and tile. They did meticulous work and the result is lovely! Just last week they saved us from a lot of unnecessary work in the kitchen by installing a dishwasher that the appliance folks said couldn't be done without removing kitchen tile. The team go it in and it works perfectly with no destruction of our beautiful tile floor. They also fixed a long-broken valve that they happen to notice when doing the work. We will definitely go to them for our future painting and remodeling work!

Description of Work
Installation of hardwood and tile floors

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

07/25/2017

Lauren C.

If you are looking for custom work done by true craftsmen, this is your company. They have completed multiple other jobs in my home requiring custom detail but the work they did in my bathroom was above and beyond my expectations. I gave them a Pinterest photo of the type of shelving that I wanted and they made it happen down to the tiniest detail. And by tiniest detail, I mean they tested eight different stains on the special ordered wood so that we could find the perfect match with my natural grain wood vanity. Needless to say, the bathroom is exactly what I'd hoped for. Owners Andrew and Craig are a pleasure to work with. Andrew came to my house for the estimate and was extremely knowledgeable about the plumbing and electric issues we were facing and also shared some helpful insights into the design aspect of the job. Craig was extremely responsive to any and all questions I had about the process, materials, etc., often responding to emails within minutes. The team working on my home, led by Ever, was prompt and tidy. Ever brought up potential problems BEFORE they occurred, such as the height of shower head being an issue for my husband. They even made sure new windows I had previously installed were correctly insulated before adding trim. Small details I would never have thought of were addressed and taken care of smoothly and efficiently. I highly recommend this full service company. Thanks again, BHS!

Description of Work
Full bathroom remodel, including custom shelving and trim. Replacement of wood paneling with drywall and custom trim in two bedrooms.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your kind works and continued business. We are grateful for your business and have enjoyed working on your lovely home!

06/16/2017

Mark S.

They were here as promised and finished earlier than expected. I want to thank Andrew, Craig, Jose #1, Jose #2, Jimmy, and Kyle.

Description of Work
We’ve used them for over 10 years. Last year they painted the outside of our house. We had a small leak in our house and they replaced the carpet, padding, did some drywall, crown molding, base molding repair, and painting.

Category interior painters

06/12/2017

Sam T.

They do painting too by the way. They do just about anything. It was an expensive job; it was several thousand dollars.They did basement renovation.It was an extensive renovation. It was mostly painting and shelvings. They were using water proof painting. They did a very good job. I was pleased with them, but they are not cheap.

Description of Work
I had them redo my basement.They repainted the concrete floors; they painted the walls. They also built and put up some shelving.

Category handyman service, interior painters, basement remodeling

05/24/2017

Skye P.

Everything went very well. We had to interrupt the job half way through due both my and my wife's hospitalization and recovery at home. Beautiful Homes were very accommodating of the delays we needed. To give an example of their attitude I would approach the on site supervisor and say " Sorry but I realized I gave you bad instructions on this. I now want it changed." His response with a smile is " No problem we will take care of it." The work crew we had is great. The work crew became friends that we looked forward to seeing them every day.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of kitchen and two baths. A lot of custom work was needed including accommodations for handicapped members of our home.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper removal, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

05/03/2017

Wayne S.

Workmanship was excellent. Attention to detail was excellent. All people were easy to work with and communication was also easy.

Description of Work
Basement renovation. Installed framing, electrical outlets, insulation in walls and ceiling, drywall on walls and ceiling, four doors, heater, six ceiling recessed lights, painting of walls and ceiling, and tile floor.

Category drywall, interior painters, basement remodeling

05/03/2017

Wayne S.

Workmanship was excellent. Attention to detail was excellent. All persons were easy to talk to and quick to respond to questions.

Description of Work
Renovation of basement. Installed framing, insulation of walls and ceiling, electrical outlets, four doors, drywall on walls and ceiling, six ceiling recessed lights, heater, floor tile and painting of walls.

Category drywall, interior painters, basement remodeling

04/25/2017

Mark D.

Great! Very responsive and quality work done.

Description of Work
Installing crown molding, kitchen backsplash, changing light fixtures, installing ceiling fans.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

04/10/2017

Amy R.

Last year, Beautiful Home Services renovated a bathroom for me. Initially, Andrew, the business/administration partner, came to my house for the estimate and we talked about what I wanted to do and also, the tight schedule I was on because it was a rental property. Not long after that, he sent me an impressive package containing the estimate, a copy of their license, proof of insurance and 2 pages of references. Their price was right in the middle of my other estimates and it included all the building materials (e.g., drywall, paint, etc.) which none of the others did. After I signed the contract, Craig, the hands-on/construction partner, came over to do a site inspection and we talked about the specifics of the project. I scheduled the work, they began demolition right on time and 2 weeks later I had a FABULOUS new bathroom. They had a timeline for the project, stuck to it, and I saw progress every day which was in stark contrast to my previous experiences when contractors would disappear for days because they would over commit and split their time between multiple jobs. Fast forward to last week when my tenant told me there was water dripping in the kitchen when the shower above was used. I didn't initially call BHS because I thought it was more likely an old pipe (it's a very old house) and also the work had been done a full 16 months before. Well, I did call Craig who told me he would send someone out to look at it and not to worry because any problem was covered under warranty. Warranty??? Wow ... I had a warranty!!! Ever, who was the on-site supervisor of my renovation, came the next day and after some testing determined it was the drain. I told Craig that fix could have waited a few days until after the weekend but Ever and another worker came back to replace the defective part of the drain ... on Labor Day!!! So here's what I think about Beautiful Home Services ... 1) competitive pricing 2) professional scheduling and project management 3) beautiful workmanship and real attention to detail 4) they take pride in their workmanship and stand behind their work 5) they don't abandon you after the project is done.

Description of Work
Total bathroom renovation.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

03/24/2017

Ashlie R.

There were a couple quality issues, but they were committed to resolving those.

Description of Work
I used them for services in the aftermath from water damage in our home.

Category remodeling

03/14/2017

Susan S.

BHS are complete professionals. They are punctual, polite, responsive, CLEAN, and addressed my every concern. From the initial bid to gathering materials, they truly did a phenomenal job. Whenever I had a question or concern, they responded so incredibly promptly, no matter how small it was. The quality of work and the tiling was awesome....I could not be happier with the work that was done! We absolutely looove our new bathroom!

Description of Work
We were completely remodeling our bathroom - taking out the tub, putting in a tile shower, new toilet, vanity, medicine cabinet, mirror, and light.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Dear Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your continued business and kind words. We are very grateful for clients like you!

12/30/2016

Megan A.

Well, of course I started a diy tiling job and got in over my head. Beautiful Home Services was able to accommodate the job during the holidays and quickly. The end result is perfect. The project took the expected time (2 days). It started with one of the presidents of the company, Andrew, stopping by to give me a quote and discuss the projects' scope. The project cost was competitive and I choose to use this company over others due to the price, professionalism, online reviews, and their work guarantee. Rudy headed up a two person crew that was considerate, walked me through the project, and let me know I needed some replacement pieces for the toilet. Osmin stopped by to supervise at the beginning of the project to ensure the scope was followed. Firstly, Rudy was at my door at the agreed upon time (8am). No waiting around or worried that I wouldn't be able to make my scheduled activities. Rudy was able to fix some of my incorrect preparation of the subfloor without elongating the project time. The first day was cutting and laying the tile and it looked great at the end of the day. They came back the next day (again on time!) and dealt with grouting, baseboards, touching up the paint, re-installing the toilet, and the bathroom fan installation. He also cut the doors just a tad shorter so they would swing properly. He made sure to walk me through the fan settings once in place. Each day, Rudy and his team cleaned up the bathrooms and the area where they mixed and cut materials. Team members followed up with me the day the job was completed to determine satisfaction level. Quick and efficient. Most importantly, no hassle! Will be working with the company again for some hardwood floors and a kitchen remodel. They made this first time homeowner less anxious about remodeling.

Description of Work
Floor tiling of one full bath and one half bath. Baseboards installed. New bath vent installed. 2 toilets taken out and reinstalled. Paint touched up.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters

11/20/2016

Edmund D.

Beautiful Home Services did an excellent job on our exterior painting. They were on time every day, the crew was very professional and customer service oriented, and they cleaned up everything each day. The price was the best of the three estimates we received. I will definitely be using them again!

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category house painters

10/31/2016

Matt W.

They nailed it. It looks fantastic and has all of the features that I wanted. They did a great job at every step. Regarding the plumbing, when I was shopping quotes, one licensed plumber from another company wasn't sure that the job could be done without ripping up my basement floor. Beautiful Home Services took care of the plumbing like it was not a big challenge, passed county inspection, and charged a reasonable price for the whole job. Will be contacting them again for other jobs. Very pleased.

Description of Work
We renovated our basement "under-the-stairs" closet and made it our laundry nook, as well as convert the old laundry room into a bedroom. This required moving electrical and plumbing from a nearby room, adding AC outlets, wall removal, painting, tile install, carpet install, and building supports for a granite counter.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters