Pop's Garage Doors

Founded 2014 • With Angi since December 2016

Always ready to take your call and send a professional to save your day!

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

4.3

garage doors (155)

11/28/2022

Zuberi W.

Good. Easy fix. Brought price down to represent that easier solution.

Description of Work
Garage inspection

Work Completed On 11/28/2022

09/24/2022

Elizabeth M.

Speedy response and service! Everything looks great! Would use again!

Description of Work
Garage weather strips

Work Completed On 09/27/2022

09/21/2022

CJ C.

From the first call with Joe to the quality of work, we are so very happy. This company went above and beyond with explaining everything and customer service. We would certainly use them again and recommend them to anyone in need of any work to be done.

Description of Work
Garage Doors springs replaced

Work Completed On 09/21/2022

Thank you very much for the warm words [Member Name Removed]

08/02/2022

Angie A.

Just like so many of the reviewers, my garage door stopped opening on me unexpectedly. I started calling asking neighbors for recommendations as well as searching online. I filled out the short survey for Pop's Garage Door Service and immediately Willie started texting me. So instead of waiting to call around to get a few people to come out and give me estimates, I made an appointment for the day. When the technician diagnosed that it was a broken spring, just as my neighbors had, I said ok. When he quoted the price ($870), I almost fell down down. This quote was more than double what all 3 of my neighbors paid for the same repair. Of course the technician said he was 'replacing' my old spring system with a newer/improved system instead of repairing it. I asked for a breakout of what the $870 covered. Other than the price for the system, I never got a full breakdown of the cost for the labor, warranty and other individual parts. It bothered me so I asked who I could call to get a better understanding of what I was being charged so much for. He (Matt/Max) got Willie on his phone. I thought that was kinda weird since he wanted to speak with him first instead of just giving me the number to call myself. Guess they needed to discuss the price/get on the same page. Willie told me the average cost of the repair $400-$1000, so their price was in the medium range. I also mentioned the prices I saw in the reviews. He then said, ok I will knock off $120 (so $750). The breakdown on the invoice was $470 for the system/$280 for labor. The entire repair took less than an hour (verified by my cameras). As others have stated, I believe I have the most expensive garage door repair in my neighborhood. I KNOW I was overcharged, but I bit that bullet. I also know, after making calls, I would have paid about $250-300 less what I did pay. If not for wanting to put my car in the garage, without manually working the door, I would have waiting for additional estimates. At the agency that I work for, candor/honesty and integrity are vital attributes. I would suggest to anyone that requires this type of repair to get at least 3 estimates, especially if the price seems high, before proceeding with Pop's. I also want to mention, I made the appointment time (12:30-2) based on having to go into work and when I knew I could get away. The technician called me before 10am asking if he could be there in about 45 minutes. I told him I was at work and could not be there before the scheduled appointment window. He then said "there's not way I can be there between 11-11:30. I again said NO, I'm at work and I have a meeting, that's why I scheduled for the time that I had.

Description of Work
Spring Replacement

Work Completed On 07/26/2022

05/11/2022

Helen M.

My garage door needed a minor repair so that it would open and close properly. Pop’s came on time and performed the fix and ensured everything was working properly.

Description of Work
Garage Doors

Work Completed On 05/11/2022

02/28/2022

Maurice M.

Very pleased! Tech Ben was awesome!!

Description of Work
Garage Door rail and chain replacement!!

Work Completed On 02/28/2022

11/10/2021

Charles E.

Excellent work don by the Tech . He was knowledgeable and Professional

Description of Work
Garage Doors

Work Completed On 11/15/2021

11/09/2021

Janice C.

Our 7 year old garage door wouldn't close completely. Of course this happened on a Sunday. We received a call a few hours after posting the need from Pops. Once he realized our situation, he came right out. He was friendly and courteous. He was super fast. Our door was repaired and maintenance completed in record time. We really appreciated the quality of the work and how quickly he responded. Would absolutely recommend him to my neighbors!

Description of Work
Garage door repair and maintenance

Work Completed On 11/07/2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us [Member Name Removed]!

09/10/2021

Justin G.

I put a request for bid out to Angies list (Angies), and Pops gave me a call. Pops scheduled an appointment with me to fix my garage door the next day. The technician showed up at the time agreed upon, and assessed the issue. The tech had all the required parts with him and was able to fix the door quickly. The cost was a little greater than expected, but the door works like new.

Description of Work
Replace garage door springs, and adjust rollers.

Work Completed On 09/05/2021

08/06/2021

Nnenna N.

I submitted a request for quote on Angi and immediately got a call from this company in response to my inquiry. I explained the issue with my and they said they could have someone out the same day to see what the issue was and figure out the repairs. They gave me a time frame of 1-4pm. The technician showed up at 4:22pm. After going over the issue, the technician explained what he could do to fix it. I also just heard from my builder's subcontractor who was to follow up regarding his solution so I said I'd like to wait for the follow-up so I could compare and make a decision. The technician said it was fine and that I should go ahead and pay the service call fee of $39. This was the first I had heard of a fee. I explained I requested a quote on Angie's List so I could compare and make a decision. He said he would send me the fee to pay and I could call whoever. He also I asked if I thought he just came out for nothing and that there is a fee. He stopped short of completing his sarcasm and I made eye contact with him. He eventually let me know he needed to hurry and up and leave so I basically I needed to be quick with calling and paying, I guess I was wasting his time as he kept repeating this. I called the company since they responded to my request for quote submission to set up the appointment without mentioning the service fee and I was told that it's their policy in case the work doesn't get done otherwise they would be going around giving quotes for free. That's all I need to know. Definitely will never use them after this experience. I paid their fee and will make sure no one I know uses them. They need to explain that there is a service fee. That is a thing they must not be aware of... there is something called free estimate so they should disclose that they charge for estimates when they call potential customers especially on unsolicited responses as I did not even select this company when I submitted a request for quote in the first place. Shame on them, hope they make good use of the money I gave them. By the way, one of their competitors came out to give me a free estimate right after their technician left.

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

03/16/2021

Michael K.

A note about this review. The springs were replaced satisfactorily, my rating is based on the overall experience. The original request for service produced a very quick call-back. A visit was arrange for an estimate, which was $275. The estimators offered to do the work right then and now, but that time didn't work for me, so I scheduled for two days out. On that date, two different people came. Despite having an estimate already (and basing my choice on this price), one of the installers insisted that this price was "per spring", thus the total price would be double, or $550. He then offered to reduce this to a total of $500. Regrettably, I went ahead and agreed; the second installer did the work. There was some private conversation between the installers, and the second installer on his accord told me that the total was now $400, which I paid. I regret moving forward in the first place once it was apparent that I was receiving a much higher price than originally quoted and get the feeling that the installers were sub-contractors who were simply trying to get the most for their work as they could. I don't fault their business model but don't appreciate their sales tactics and regret moving forward with them. I have a second garage door in need of the same service at some point, and will find a different company.

Description of Work
Spring Replacement

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

Hi from pops garage doors, sorry for the misunderstanding, please send your address / cellphone number so we can look into It and make sure you’ll be satisfied, thanks

01/26/2021

Sean K.

Put in a quote request and got lucky, they had someone here within an hour. Shachar was the tech and he was extemely curteous and efficient. He replaced the springs and bearings on the door in less than an hour. Extremely happy with the service and will be looking to these guys when I need to make any other repairs or replace the door. Door works great.

Description of Work
Replaced spring on 2 car garage door

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

10/31/2020

david T.

Everything went well. I couldn't be happier to have a working garage door.

Description of Work
Garage door installation

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

09/23/2020

Jorge C.

Nati and his team were excellent! True professionals and care about making sure their customers are 100% happy. I recommend Pop’s Garage Doors highly

Description of Work
Garage door installation

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

08/28/2020

Knowles A.

They provided a free onsite estimate. Unfortunately their estimate was 3x times every other quote I received for replacing single garage door extension springs. They wanted $700. When I said no and pointed out their price difference, they "called the office" and dropped it down to $350. This is not a car dealership, I am not interested in making sure I do not get taken advantage of. As a comparison point, I paid $185 for the service from another provider today. The only difference is a 3 versus 5 year warranty and that is certainly not worth triple the price. The company manager called me afterwards trying to keep the work. He offered even less money. If it costs X, then it costs X. You don't get to halve the price and expect me to feel grateful that you didn't scam me.

Description of Work
Garage Door Spring Replacement

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

08/04/2020

Carol D.

I called at 10am when my garage door broke. They called me back within 10 minutes. They said they would have a technician here between 11 and 2. They arrived at 1230 and were able to repair the door. Everyone was very professional and friendly. I really appreciated the quick response. Would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Replace wires on garage door.

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

06/12/2020

Theresa W.

On a previous visit for installing a new 2 car garage door I had left a bad review and the Owner (Amir) called me the next day and wanted to know details and asked how he can make it good, he asked to come back and give another quote and assured me the technician was fired. He was very nice and apologetic and gave me a great deal to make things right, and hopefully on the 25th when he installs my new door and opener and click pad it will be awesome. Thank you Amir

Description of Work
Garage door

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

06/11/2020

Theresa W.

The service repairman was very belittling to me as a female. Won’t hire him at all.

Description of Work
Garage door

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

05/27/2020

Julie B.

The repair guys were quick and knowledgable. The opener we bought through this company was beyond our expectations - we loved being able to control the door from our phones in addition to the 2 clickers, a garage door clicker, and 1 keypad. Having multiple ways to open our garage door gives us tremendous peace of mind. At one point, I accidentally misaligned the sensors set close to the floor, and after calling them, a repairman came right away to adjust the sensors. They were pleasant every time.

Description of Work
Replace the garage opener motor and repair the springs over the garage door.

Work Completed On 05/25/2020

05/12/2020

Lou N.

Everything went extremely and the quality of work was extraordinary. Very reasonable price; a bargain for the quality and scope of work.

Description of Work
Garage Doors

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

01/01/2020

Emel O.

I highly recommend Pop's Garage Doors. I called them, and the technician (Amir) showed up less than an hour. Amir was very professional. He explained everything in detail, and he completed the repair very promptly. I’m a very satisfied customer, and highly recommend this company and Amir to those looking for an excellent garage door repair service!

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Work Completed On 01/01/2020

12/23/2019

Rebecca B.

Am renovating a house before I move in. Appointment was scheduled. Even though I suggested they might not want to come out so far, I was assured it wasn't a problem. The appointment was scheduled for between 0700 and 1000. I showed up before 0700 and waited, and waited. At 1015, I gave up and went home. I had tried to call the company contact, and reached a machine saying the voice mailbox was not yet set up. I then sent an email severing any and all future contact.

Description of Work
Replace five garage doors, two motorized.