Bottom Line Remodeling

Maryland
Maryland: General

2909 Stockton Rd

Phoenix, MD 21131

At Bottom Line Remodeling, we take pride in the quality of our work and strive for the highest level of professionalism and offer a 36 month workmanship warranty. We've been in business for more than 17 successful years, and back our services with more than 30 years of experience. You always deal with Robert Nally, the owner when you choose Bottom Line Remodeling. Our family-owned-and-operated business is looking forward to serving you. Choose Bottom Line Remodeling and Construction Company, Inc., of Phoenix, Maryland, for all your home improvement and remodeling needs. We offer services to all of Baltimore County and surrounding areas, and can help with all phases of remodeling and construction. Whether you're a proud homeowner in search of a dependable remodeling contractor, or you're interested in new construction projects and need expert advice, you can count on us every time. Give us a call (410) 329-9663 and we'll answer all of your questions....

home remodeling (67)tile installation (24)plumbers (18)flooring (18)interior painting (16)electrician (12)drywall (12)lighting (11)door installation (10)woodworking (8)marble & granite (7)window replacement (7)

03/05/2018

CHARLES B.

It was excellent. They were very easy to work with, the work was completed and on time.

Description of Work
They remodeled a bathroom.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/05/2016

06/23/2017

Mary M.

Excellent Experience with Bottom Line! Rob and his crew are so good at what they do! They exceeded my expectations in many ways. First, they started and finished more quickly than I expected. Once they tore into the project they encountered some unexpected problems but they were able to adapt the plan and make it work. The finished projects look amazing. They were pleasant and professional throughout the project. A+ and highly recommend

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom upgrades. We needed a floor and some cabinetry replaced in our bathroom. We also needed new cabinets, counter and back splash in our kitchen. We had some water damage in both the kitchen and bathroom and needed that addressed as well. Our home is 130 years old.

Category ceramic tile,drywall,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/23/2017

Hi Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the kind words. I strive to make my customers which we do projects for happy with the results. It was a pleasure working on your project. Enjoy and thanks we appreciate your business! Robert

03/18/2017

Barry D.

I needed to update replace two bathrooms - one due to a problem from the original construction of the house which I lived with for 40+ years & the second the “main bathroom” which due to a leak in the roof had partially collapsed the ceiling which temporarily I had patched up. I contacted Rob Nally “Bottom Line remodeling” & received an estimate of $8,500 for each bathroom update, The guide line being that I chose & bought the vanities, plumbing (for the bath tub, shower, vanity), the medicine cabinets & the lights above the vanities. Perhaps some people would want a “turnkey” update & I’m sure that Rob would accommodate that request if that’s how you wanted to do the effort (I never asked), but for me I really enjoyed being able to choose what I wanted rather than have some contractor chose those items. If it doesn’t look right I can only blame myself – which is fine with me. I spent $2,900 to purchase the faucet sets, vanities, granite tops, medicine cabinets, towel bars, light fixtures for the bathrooms. Now to the rest of the job: Bottom Line Remodeling gave me the option of selecting tile from 2 or 3 places ”I really loved the tile we selected by the way” , provided a high end toilets, bathtub, & tempered glass shower for the one bathroom. All the work was done extremely well IMO… Rob in the process resolved the 40+ year old problem that I had in the shower – the original plumber/ contractor had not properly set the base – that is now completely resolved. The effort took roughly 2 weeks to complete (for some maybe this it too long) for me I’d rather it done right than done fast… each day tarps were put down plastic covers placed over furniture to minimize dust, residue from the demo & re-construction. The tile work, drywall, installation of the built in medicine cabinets, vanities, granite tops & plumbing were top notch IMO. I also use well water & have a water conditioner on the system, but you never know when you’ll have a pin hole crop up, Bottom Line remodeling replaced the copper lines in the wall with CPVC pipe (one less potential problem) down the road. The finished job looks great total cost for the two bathrooms being $8,500/each + $2,900 for the items I purchased & listed above for a grand total of $19,900 I am extremely happy with the new bathrooms & if I ever chose to move, the bathroom s will certainly add to the appeal of the house.. I would certainly use Bottom Line Remodeling again without question.

Description of Work
Replace two bathrooms - main bathroom & the master Bedroom Bathroom

Category contractors,ceramic tile,drywall,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,ceiling fans,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/27/2017

Review for Bottom Line Remodeling - 2909 Stockton Rd, Phoenix, MD - 34629095

03/08/2017

Mark F.

Seemed like a reasonable person when we met in person, but he just didn't seem to understand customer service and timeliness.

Description of Work
Called this BLR on a Monday or Tuesday to get an estimate at my house for some countertops. Got a call back the next day saying he would come out to give the estimate, but that he was going on vacation that Friday, and wasn't able to come out until next Friday. I said "OK" and waited the week and a half to get measurements taken. Friday comes and we get the estimate. A lot of the time is spent talking about his retirement and vacations. I expected to get an estimate back early next week. Wednesday rolls around and I haven't heard anything, so I start making calls. I call a few times... different numbers since Angie's List, his business card, and his website all list different numbers. But they all get forwarded to some general call center that takes messages and forwards them, some outsourced company. Finally get a response the following Monday. Owner says that he left on vacation yet again, but didn't tell his outsourced call center of this, or didn't tell me this. A reasonable company would say "Hey, it will be a little while until we get your estimate" instead of just dropping off the grid. Was turned down for "not being a patient person". Apparently waiting a week and a half to get an estimate, and then almost a week with no response regarding the estimate I was promised. I now understand the recent reviews and insincere professional responses that were given.

Category countertops

Work Completed On 03/06/2017

I am very sorry that Mr. [Member Name Removed] feels this way. I actually work on my jobs personally and usually return calls when I get in in the afternoon which I let customers know when I talk to them. And I am also sorry that I get to get away for a couple weekends after working 6-7 days a week in the last eight months. Mr. [Member Name Removed] would call the answering service and if he didn't get a quick response he would call a few hours later saying it was his second call. Most of which was on the weekend and one was at 11:27 pm right before midnight. Not sure how many businesses are open this time at night? Just seemed like he was not a very patient person. I called him very nicely and told him that I was sorry but I actually was not interested in doing the project. Yes I have an answering service that I have had for going on 19 years. I am a small business and don't have a secretary sitting at a desk answering the phone. If II spend all day on the phone, I could actually get nothing done. First person that has actually had a problem with the answering service. I actually hear that they are very nice . Good luck on the project ! Just baffled with people trying to make good people look bad when they have never done work for them. I am sure that most people will look at work performed and see what actual customers may have to say. Thanks and have a great day

11/10/2015

Roxanne T.

Never hire this man. He is sloppy and does not keep time commitments. I have never had anyone with more vehicle problems. The project was to be finished the week before Christmas and was not completed until the week after Christmas. Problems: 1. Door betwwen rooms-different style door than the rest of the doors in the basement. 2. If there were scratched or chipped tiles layed them anyway without notifying me so I could not get replacement tiles. One whole box of marble floor tiles were scratched and he layed them anyway. 3. I was to have a shower system where both faucets turned on at the same time. Ireapeatedly asked him to open up the boxes and check them to ensure he knew how to install them. He waited he had layed the tile and then was not able to put in the two way. 4.When I asked why the inside of the closet doors were not painted he said he only does the door side facing outward. On the inside of the doors he left grout from the tile all over them. 5. He mixed the grout in my utility sink without cleaning up afterward. The sink was almost pristine prior to this because I had spentd hours cleaning the sink when wer first moved in the house. Now I cannot get the grout stains out of the sink. 6. He left drops of wall paint all over the white baseboards and trim work he had painted. 7. He hung a shelf on the wall and ot fell down a month after he put it up. He did not bother to insert anchors into the dry wall. The toilet roll holder is now falling down for the same reason. 8. In my shower stall, one of the small pieces of tile is sticking out, so I have to watch where I step so I do not scratch my foot. I had done a major kithchen remodel at my previous residence the year before we moved into our present home with another contractor and tile layer. I know the difference between a good job and mediocre job. Do not let this guy near your house.

Description of Work
Put in a new tile shower, replaced bathroom floor with marble tile, framed bathroom window, installed medicine cabinet, painted bathroom and basement rooms, put in a wall to make space into two rooms, and layed ceramic tile on floors.

Category contractors,ceramic tile,drywall,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 11/10/2014

I am real sorry that this customer has twisted the truth to this extent. I bend over backwards to make my customers happy which shows in 99% of my reveiws. You just can't make everyone happy I guess. 1- The door was different for which I explained at the bigginig. The customer didn't want to pay for the special order dor to match the ixisting closet doors. 2- The scratched tile was a result of Customer supplied tile which was purchased from a discount tile store. I got rid of as many as I could and yes I might have missed a couple, but I chipped them out and replaced them at the customers request with no questions asked. 3-The shower systym she speeks of was not possible with the type of shower and style for which she had in this basement bathroom. I explained it to her and she went on line, to see that it would not work and agrred with my explanation. 4- Painters only paint and affected room side of doors unless asked for and paid for. This is very common. 5- I did not in any way and have never mixed grout in someones sink. I mix my grout in a two gallon plastic bucket. 6- Not sure about spots of wall paint on base but I do know that the base trim was new and was painted before being installed and installled after the walls were painted as we always do when new trims are to be installed 7- The shelf and toilet paper again were Customer supplied and were for sure installed with anchors as always usually with anchors which come with the fixtures. 8- Not sure about the shower floor tile sticking up which were a mosaic type marble tile and sometimes are not the same thickness. Again I am very sorry that the customer feels this way and it was done a year ago. If I would have been contacted of the supposed problems, I would have went and resolved the problems no questions asked . Again, You can't make everyone happy all of the time. She must have really not liked me to try and make me look so bad

06/18/2015

DAVID A.

Robert did a fine job in one day. He moved the appliances out and back in for me.

Description of Work
Robert installed a tile floor in my laundry room.

Category flooring contractor,home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/20/2015

03/17/2015

Elizabeth E.

Mr. Nally (the owner) was prompt, courteous and professional. He made my project a priority and started on it right away. The project ended up being more than either of us bargained for after the discovery of two other burst pipes, but Mr. Nally was able to adapt the plan easily and was very helpful in assisting with my insurance claim Mr. Nally did a very thorough job not only of the visible work, but went out of his way to ensure that the pipes were properly insulated. It was obvious that he cares about the quality of his work as well as customer satisfaction. I would hire Bottom Line again in an instant!

Description of Work
Partial bathroom demo to repair 3 burst pipes; installation of insulation, drywall and tile flooring; painting; rewiring and hanging of vintage ceiling lamp

Category ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/14/2015

03/03/2015

Kathryn B.

Mr Nally came on time every day and communicated with me through texting (my choice). Even when the weather was horrible, he was here on time. He and his helper-apprentice always laid out drop clothes that went from the front door all the way to the bathroom upstairs. Both men were here on sight and did all the work themselves. I was in awe of Mr Nally's knowledge and expertise in everything he did. He kept me informed every time there was something I needed to be consulted about, whether it was the tile pattern as he rounded the next corner or how or where I wanted something put. He listened to all my suggestions and we always seem to come to a consensus before moving along. The work was done in three weeks time (much longer than either of us had speculated) but the tile work was more than a week of work, each tile being painstakingly applied to the correct place. I was the mastermind of the pattern, but Mr Nally had to accomplish what I perceived. It was a difficult task, but we love the results. Lastly, I would like to say that Mr Nally was always professional and friendly. A difficult combination to find. He likes to sing while he's working, I found that cheerful. He has a very optimistic personality, which made him very easy to work with. We look forward to using him again on our next project.

Description of Work
Mr Nally came and gave us an estimate to renovate our bathroom. I was impressed by his reviews on Angie's List and after getting one other estimate we decided hands down to use his company. I wondered, as one always does, if we had made the right decision. I can say now that we did. I had a comfortable feeling right away with Mr Nally and Bottom Line Remodeling. He was knowledgeable and willing to work with me and my ideas. He completely remodeled our upstairs bathroom. The house dates to 1943. Original bathroom had pink plastic tile nearly everywhere, from the floor to the walls. The primary reason we decided to remodel was because the tiles were falling off the walls in the shower area. And the grout was dried up and coming off in chunks. We asked Mr Nally to gut the entire room except for existing tub and toilet. He replaced insulation and walls throughout. He installed new custom shower tile design and custom decorative border around the room including backsplash. Each 2 x 4 or 2 x 2 tile was installed individually as the design required. That was quite an undertaking. Mr Nally also Installed new cabinets, furniture, plumbing, electric, and moved sink plumbing to more central location. New flooring was also installed (ceramic planks that are wood look). New vessel sink and waterfall faucet. Built a radiator box to hide the overly painted radiator. Installed all fixtures and towel bars (even unclogged the tub drain). He also painted the walls. Because the floor was terribly un-level he mounted the floor cabinet to the wall so that the granite would be level and the sink would also be level. Then he built feet for the cabinet so that it appears level. Truly rebuilt the bathroom. We were completely pleased with the outcome.

Category ceramic tile,electrician,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 01/16/2015

Review for Bottom Line Remodeling - 2909 Stockton Rd, Phoenix, MD - 26992101

01/27/2015

Laura C.

Robert was great to work with. He was always cheerful and kept us up to date on the schedule of the work. The work was top notch.

Description of Work
Gutted a bathroom and rebuilt it. The shower and floor were tiled. A vanity/countertop/sink were installed. A large resessed medicine cabinet was installed. A new toilet was installed. The drywall was replaced. The outside wall was insulated. An overhead light was put in the shower. A bifold shower door was installed.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,doors

Work Completed On 01/04/2015

10/17/2014

John V.

We had our master bathroom upgraded. Mr. Nally and his son performed all the work personally. They showed up on time each day and called If they were going to be late due to pickup of materials etc. He finished at a reasonable hour each day and left a very clean worksite and told us what was to be done the next day before leaving. We really appreciated his input into the planning as well as the savings we gained by the discounts for materials he passed along to us. He redid the tub surround with no disagreement when it didn't turn out as we had envisioned. He wanted to make sure we were happy with the work and we were. Other than a few minor cosmetic issues we were very pleased with the work. We now have a beautiful master bath we enjoy using and looking at.

Description of Work
Remodel Master Bathroom

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/30/2014

All phases of remodeling, decks, finished basements, siding, additions, ceramic, floors, kitchens, windows, doors, bathrooms & garages.