Using Negative Air Machines and Full PPE equipment on every job.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Affordable Basement Waterproofing

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2005

2710 Mountain Rd Suite 201

Pasadena, MD 21122

Call (800) 679-6513 to schedule your Professional Inspection! Affordable Basement Waterproofing is licensed, insured and we proudly serve the state of Maryland Our company is devoted to every detail in planning your future investment in basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, mold

01/07/2021

Tom M.

We've been working with Affordable for a couple of years now. To put it lightly, we have the basement from ****. When they arrived, we had some water in the basement and they quoted us based on their normal pricing. Once the concrete came up, we couldn't believe what we were dealing with. It's a constant flow of water that required two sump pits and an insane amount of work to install our drainage system. Every time they tried to dig a pit it would backfill with sand and water- they had to dig this up painstakingly- foot by foot. We thought for sure we were in for additional costs, but they stuck by the original estimate. Since then, any time we've had an issue or a question, they are quick to answer. Poor Kelly and Bobby probably recognize our number on the caller ID but whenever we make a call or send an email, we always get a response- usually with a visit on the same day. We highly recommend this company for their honesty, customer service, and quality work.

Description of Work
Install Basement Drainage System

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

07/13/2020

Arthur B.

They were incredible, they came very promptly and very educated, they do everything they said they would do, they were affordable, they fixed the prob on our basement, they installed new sump pump, they also come and check every now and then to check the basement for free, great lifetime warranty on the work that they did, the new sump pump warranty was for 5 years.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing service & sump pump installation & complete window seal, 2 underground pipes

09/11/2019

Mrs W.

Excellent!!!

Description of Work
Waterproofing the basement

08/15/2019

S N.

We hired Affordable Basement Waterproofing to address water intrusion in our basement. They were very responsive and worked with us to meet a tight deadline despite their extremely heavy workload due to the unusually heavy rain and flooding in the area.

Description of Work
basement water proofing system and mold testing

08/14/2019

Elizabeth C.

I must say out of 5 companies I called and had estimates for, Affordable Waterproofing was the highest. The reason my husband and I moved forward was the suberb customer service from George, Kelly and Jay. They reassured us that the inspections for the work and the experience from the crew would exceed all of our expectations once the job was completed. I can rant on and on about the overall experiences with this company. They are the best.

Description of Work
Foundation

08/14/2019

Elizabeth C.

Amazing, Good crew

Description of Work
Waterproofing

08/13/2019

Kirk D.

The job went very well, looks great and works great.

Description of Work
Affordable installed two separate french drains with sump pumps

08/02/2019

Mary Kathleen L.

Affordable Waterproofing, was most professional; responding to my questions, taking calls from me. The team at Affordable Waterproofing, from Kelly and Jai to the on-site workers and engineer they went above and beyond my expectations. Would I hire them again, most definitely!!!

Description of Work
Foundation stabilization and water proofing

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

09/13/2018

Janet G.

At the end of July my basement flooded. This was the 2nd company to come out, & they had almost EXACTLY the same proposal as the first company but were slightly more expensive. Ken was the person to evaluate & make a proposal on August 4th. I asked if they have a military discount & he said no, but they have something called a HITS list. He explained that sometimes they get a hole in their schedule so if I am willing to fill in the hole in their schedule they offer a discount. Ken told me the week of Labor Day is open. He asked me what other companies I had coming out & he bad mouthed the other companies. He told me that one of the companies will just put Styrofoam peanuts into the drain system. At the end of the week I texted Ken to ask if they still had that date available for me & he didn’t respond. I emailed the office & asked if they still had the HITS list date for after Labor Day available. Jai, Operations Manager answered yes I have you on the HITS list. Since HITS was described to me as a hole in the schedule her answer indicated to me that I am set for September 4th so I signed the contract. Over the next week Jai let me know they can’t do the job the week of Labor Day. Her explanation was they aren’t open on Labor Day and closed Tuesday. She said there isn’t enough time to get the permit and work in the 3 days left so they will start work September 10th instead. I was very upset because I had already rearranged a trip for the original dates, now I would have to rearrange a second time. Why did they schedule me for an opening that isn’t big enough to do the job? The week before Sept 10th I heard nothing. Ken was very helpful when getting me to sign the contract and he assured me he would be with me throughout the process so I texted him. I waited 2 days, & I texted again. My work starts in 2 days & no one has contacted me. I decided to email the office. This was their response, “Hello, Due to historical rains and the county permit off being behind we had to push everyone back. Your date for Monday is not confirmed. We will call you on Monday to confirm your install date. If you have any questions before Monday please call the office directly. We also will call you and tell you what to expect on the first day and what needs to be done to prepare for your start date” Jai. This doesn’t make a lot of sense. I found out by going online that a permit has not even been applied for yet so it isn’t that the county permit office is behind. If they are running behind and haven’t even applied then it is obvious I am not on the schedule any time soon so why couldn’t someone tell me this before the day work was to begin? Also, why would I be told to call the office before Monday for questions, when they aren’t open on weekends, & this message was on a Saturday? I emailed that I feel they are lying to me because permits haven’t even been applied for & I expressed frustration of having to rearrange a trip several times. I have family members involved in this planning, & a contractor lined up for the end of the job to finish the basement. So this is a lot to have to keep rearranging. The reply was, “As I stated before everyone got pushed back not just you, it’s not just your permit. You reach out to Ken on Wednesday not the office, and you didn’t email the office like you did today… I believe I spoke to you the first time and said please go on your trip, we never ask anyone to not travel or take care of what needs to be done, also before we arriave at anyone’s property we call to confirm and verify the work. Unfortunately the office is closed on the weekends so I do not have a schedule around me to give you a solid date nor do I have your contract to see the scope of work….I can look more into this Monday, we apologize Ken didn’t respond, he does work in the field and runs appointments 7-12 hours a day. HITS is definitely still in place, it’s just with over 250 customers we can’t determine what Mother Nature, county permits or other jobs will show us. We are currently on a job right now that’s flooded due to us working on Friday and it’s not raining, which pushes someone’s job back another 1-3 days. We cannot control this matter. Either me or the GM Kelly will call you on Monday with a solid date, which could very week be next week, I just do not have a schedule in front of me. I’m sure the county and other Waterproofing companies will tell you they are just as busy. Thanks,Jai “ I have serious issues with this response. #1 there is no apology about having to reschedule me twice already, for the confusion, or lack of communication. Then, she is blaming me for not emailing the office when the point is, THEY should be contacting me in advance about changes. I also, didn’t care for the tone about how I should have traveled. There is absolutely no accountability with this company; everything is an excuse or my fault. And what does she means by HITS is definitely still in place? How can that be in place when it was for Labor Day week and now we are 2 weeks past labor day? Do they have more holes in their schedule with 250 other customers lined up? Now HITS seems to mean we will work you in asap which is not what I agreed to when I signed the contract. I emailed again my frustrations & I look forward to talking on Monday. Monday the 10th when work should have begun I wait for a call. I told Jai I would be very busy Monday so if they don’t reach me they are to call my dad’s cell & I gave our numbers. Based upon Jai’s email I expected a call at 8 when she could look at the schedule, but 830am comes & no call. My dad decided he would call since I was busy. No one answered at first; he called back, Jai answered. Jai told him that GM Kelly wouldn’t be in until 12 & she will call us when she gets in. Around 1030am I decided I would email Jai because I wanted to know how far behind my job is being pushed & surely Jai can look at the calendar to tell me. She replied, “Hello, The GM does the scheduling, that's why I told you she would call you today once she got in, your father has already called this morning also…” I don’t know what she means that she does the scheduling; shouldn’t I already be ON the schedule? So my suspicion that I was never on the schedule to begin with, that this HITS list was bogus just to get me in the line was true. My dad & I waited until 130 still no call. My dad called again, Jai answered & she gave him a hard time that he had already called, & I already reached out and GM Kelly is aware of our messages, she WILL call us back but she is in appointments & can’t make calls while in appointments. Why tell us she will call us when she gets in at 12 if she has appointments? Apparently GM Kelly doesn’t care about customers because 8pm came and she never called. Right before 8pm I got a one line email, “Hello, Your start date will be Oct. 1st.” There was no apology for delaying for a 3rd time or lack of communication. There was no addressing my concerns of being lied to and clearly they lied about GM Kelly calling us because we never got that call either. At this point the job is an entire month late. How did they not know they were THAT far behind? Someone should have called me the week before to tell me of changes. I emailed them again my frustration and at this time I no longer want their services. And this is the response I received from someone named Katrina who I had ZERO interactions with (interesting point, she CC’d the owner of the company & is the only one to call me Ms. Galla and obviously she was trying to make things sound very professional and polite for the owner & the owner never reached out to me), “Ms. Galla, In response to your email the message from Jai was from two days ago on September 10 at 7:45pm at night. She responded @7:45 pm on her way home from work which redirects emails after hours to her cell phone. I am sorry you feel this way, however it is very true that this is not a usual waterproofing season and there is 55 inches of rain water in the ground. Affordable Basement Waterproofing has over 156 customers waiting to be installed the next 16 weeks. Some customers have been waiting to installed as early as July 04, 2018. Our company has been in constant contact with you and it is factual that there is an over abundance of customers and not enough staff to fulfill the amount of work that is coming in on a daily basis. We never took a deposit from you and have not blamed you for anything. My collogues at several different waterproofing companies are experiencing the same HARDSHIIP as Affordable Basement Waterproofing. We wish you well and hope you resolve your issue. Best, Katrina Simmons Installation Manager” #1 I don’t care about Jai having to respond on her way home from work. There was supposed to be a PHONE CALL from GM Kelly. #2 it is a HORRIBLE apology to say you are sorry for how I feel, instead of your role in this situation #3, 156 customers installed in 16 weeks, means more than 1 person/day. You can’t do these jobs in a single day! Clearly, you didn’t have a hole in your schedule for me. Obviously you hoped to get my money before another company would and then string me along until you could do the job. #4 I gave plenty of examples of how you were NOT in constant contact with me. Lastly, it is atrocious that you are talking about the hardship on YOU. The hardship is on the COMMUNITY of people dealing with flooded homes and mold, you are taking advantage of people & making a killing so I would NOT call that a hardship on you. If you are reading this review, I found other companies for the same price that can do my job in a faster timeframe. They set up the jobs for 7-10 days but expect them to take 2-3 days, so even if the job runs long they shouldn’t need to move jobs back. If you choose this company, know you are #157+ in line and won’t be helped until 2019 because they are already book out for 4 months. Don’t believe an earlier date.

Description of Work
Waterproofing and Carbon Fiber Strips on foundation wall

08/15/2018

Deborah S.

I currently live in the Middle East and called at the minimum four different contractors which no one called me back. Jai answered my phone call and called my friend staying in our home the same day. She got a contractor out to my house which gave us an honest assessment and said we didn’t need any waterproofing it was the yard we needed to focus on with maybe some French drains. He could of easily came up with some work we needed to do but was nothing but professional and HONEST!! Thank you Jai to you and your crew being halfway around the world with the Navy and having our family here is stressful enough but it is nice when there is at least one contractor that has a good heart and wants to do what is right!!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

03/29/2018

Jennifer G.

Very happy with the work done and the pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing, sump pump install

03/02/2018

Robin A.

This company is the model of A+++ customer service. Jai had left me a voice message concerning the scheduled appointment I made from Home Advisor. She was able to push up the appointment to meet my schedule needs. Ron came out to estimate the job. This was my first estimate for this project and I was skeptical to hire them prior to other quotes. He totally understood my concerns and said if I scheduled the installation at this time they would take $500.00 off the cost as well as give me a 30 day price match guarantee. On top of that the lifetime warranty on the work, labor and sump pump made it a no-brainer. Kelly contacted me the day before installation to verify everything and answer any questions I had. Joe and his team showed up on time, placed plastic around to minimize the dust and promptly did the work. They finished in approximately 4 hours. Upon completion he went over the instructions as well as ensuring I was comfortable with the outcome before my final payment. 2 days later I received a package in the mail from the office. In the package were printed photos of the different phases of the job. I could not be more pleased!! Thank You Affordable Basement Waterproofing, Inc. It is a wonderful thing to no longer worry about puddles in my basement!!!

Description of Work
Basement water management system, french drain & sump pump

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for helping our business grow. We appreciate your business!

02/10/2018

Jennifer G.

Work was done quickly. I had no issues with the quality of the work completed.

Description of Work
Waterproofing and installation of sump pump.

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for helping us grow. We appreciate your business!

09/27/2017

Judy S.

Work went well. They addressed all the issues and after the work was finished, they addressed additional concerns. I found them to be very professional. Vince was extremely helpful in doing the work to my satisfaction. I just hired them to do another rental property.

Description of Work
Affordable addressed a crack issue I had on my back wall. They also waterproofed the back wall and installed a new sump pump

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for helping us grow, we appreciate all your business. Welcome to the Affordable Family.

07/30/2016

Lisa T.

Affordable basement waterproofing was very knowledgeable & professional from the beginning visit & estimate (Ken).& I will admit the process frightened me( big job) but once the team Gordo, Zack & Joe came to start the job, my mind was put at ease. The entire team, was very professional, hard working & answered ALL my questions.& Getting a job of this size is intimidating & any homeowner wants to know that the job will be to their satisfaction, that's what Affordable basement did for me.&Not saying I ever want to go thru this again, but if I did, Affordable basement is my go to company & would HIGHLY recommend them.& I'm VERY particular & some would say OCD (lol), but I had 5 companies & estimates in my home, w/Affordable basement being my last & I chose them hands down. The protection of my belongings was well cared for and house prepped for work to begin.& Gordo made sure the whole team cleaned the property once work was completed. Laura the owner, wonderful & any additional questions, (more work I wanted included, "window well") Laura was there & further put my mind at ease & didn't try raising my fees outrageously.& The pride of the entire company, standing behind the work went beyond my expectations.& Awesome job Affordable Basement.

Description of Work
They did my basement waterproofing.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Thank you for helping our business grow!

03/10/2016

Barbara E.

Description of Work
I am very happy with the work. It was done in two days. Someone checked with me to make necessary decisions. I had a lot of dust afterwards and am thinking there was no way to avoid that with major construction.

12/02/2015

Robin Y.

I ordered an inspection of our basement for waterproofing. It started out with the office girl not telling the salesman to call me 15 minutes before he got there, so I could meet him, as I asked her to do. So as he was waiting for me, he took a walk around the basement. When I got there he said their was a lot of mold remediation that had to be done (which I was aware of) and he wanted to get together with me and my husband to give me a treatment method and price. It wasn't convenient to get myself and husband together at the same time, so I just didn't call back. I went with another company that was fine with just meeting with me. I picked a C rating because it says that's a "fair" rating. I really would've just picked n/a because we didn't have any work done.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing inspection

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

11/09/2015

Delores M.

d It went well. The workers did what was expected of them. They did not stop working until the job was completed. Their boss came by periodically to check on them and noted that they were doing just what he expected (excellent work). After completion of the job, I also checked it out and thought they had done an excellent job.

Description of Work
Installed a sump pump and treated and removed all mold that had built up in the basement. They had to tear town some of the walls in order to get to the mold.

10/19/2015

Elyse C.

Everything went perfect! Ken came out the same day and explained everything to me so that I could easily and finally understand why the water was coming in. He was extremely knowledgeable. Brian and his guys worked so hard for 3 days and made my basement dry again. I'm extremely happy with their service and could never imagine anyone giving them an F review. They're an A+++ company in my book!

Description of Work
Interior drain system with sump pump

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you very much for the amazing review. It was our pleasure to help you be able to enjoy your basement once again. Please do not hesitate to call with any needs in the future. Sincerely, Affordable Basement Waterproofing Family

10/14/2015

Anna D.

Category basement waterproofing

We were called out to perform an estimate at this Member's house about 8 weeks ago. The wife called and set up the estimate, and when we called prior to arriving she said she was running a little late due to traffic and would be home shortly. Our team arrived at the home, and the husband opened the door unaware of our appointment. Our inspector explained that his wife had scheduled the appointment. The husband proceeded to show us the issue, he then explained it's been occurring for years and he had no plans on fixing it. We thanked him for his time and left. Once the technician arrived back at the office, we followed up with the wife and recapped the conversation with her husband; we also mentioned if they changed their minds to call us and we'd give them an official estimate for our services. We've heard nothing back from the homeowners in the time since, and are quite surprised by this review out of the blue given there's no details as to what was done to cause an F. We are more than happy to work with this client, and welcome them to call us back directly.

08/12/2015

John H.

Description of Work
Service Rep, Laura Gratton, responded on time and before 2 other |> companies. Her 25 years of experience and answers to my questions and needs |> led me to choose Affordable that day before seeing the others. I don't |> generally make such a snap decision, but I truly felt confident with her |> solution to my basement water leak. |> The work crew did the job cleanly and timely without disrupting any areas |> of the home or yard. Sump drains and pump work well as tested following |> installation and recent rain. |

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for helping our business grow!!

06/19/2015

JoAnn T.

Affordable Basement's management and employees who handled my project were extremely knowledgeable, professional, courtesy & respectful. The project was done in the timeframe designated and management and crew exceeded my expectations in every aspect of this job - customer service was excellent. Professionally done, I was extremely happy with the product and services provided. The cost of the project was realistic and reasonable as I did comparative analysis with 2 other waterproofing companies that were outrageously over priced for the same services I received from Affordable Basement. I strongly recommend this company for the work ethics and the process they provide to waterproof my basement. In fact this project was done for my rental that is under contract for sale the end of June 2015 and I just recently had Affordable come to our primary home to perform the same services at a reasonable, realistic cost.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

06/19/2015

jeffrey B.

I had 2 problems, 1, My sump pump pipe was clogged so the pump continually ran due to no water exiting the sump pit. They found the clog and unclogged it, repaired the pipe, and responded the same day which was important before my sump pump burned out because it was running continuously. They had also noticed that my block walls in my basement were very wet, and discovered that the weep holes had not been drilled out. ONce drilled out, the water drained freely into the drain tile and the walls dried out in 2 days and everything has been great since then. They are very professional, knowledgeable, and responsive. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Analyzed waterproofing problem in my basement and found the source of the problem and repaired it.

Brother's Waterproofing, LLC

Here at Brothers Waterproofing, we provide foundation services such as waterproofing, structural repair, crawlspace encapsulation, piers, sump pump replacement, sub floor drain system, concrete work, and air ventilation systems. Founder John Enciu, has been in the industry for over 15 years. He has put together a team with over 50+ years of combined experience, that can strategically and effectively protect your BIGGEST investment, YOUR HOME. We offer FREE ESTIMATES, FHA/VA Certifications, and a NO PRESSURE approach! A TRANSFERABLE OWNERSHIP WARRANTY and a NO QUESTIONS ASKED service policy. We are committed to EXCELLENCE and HONESTY! CALL US NOW and see how we can help you. (888)362-4884

Budget Waterproofing Inc

Budget Waterproofing has more than 55 years of experience in servicing commercial and residential customers throughout Maryland. Our Maryland waterproofing services range from foundation crack repair to sump pump installation and crawlspace encapsulation. If you have moisture, humidity or mold problems in your basement, Budget Waterproofing is your solution. We have proven over the years that our waterproofing methods not only look good and do the job, but also last. Our technicians are well-trained and instructed to respect your home and make sure you are happy with their job. As one of the leading basement waterproofing companies in Maryland, we are confident that you will will be satisfied with our level of quality. Enjoy competitive pricing and state-of-the-art waterproofing – hundreds of satisfied homeowners already are!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

A A Action Waterproofing Inc

AA Action offers permanent solutions to fix your leaky, moldy or flooded basement or crawlspace. Call AA Action Waterproofing, Inc to schedule your Professional Foundation Inspection 888-922-5517. What our inspection will involve is a very thorough examination of the foundation inside and out. We will explain why your foundation is leaking and what we can do to fix it permanently and provide a written estimate. This service is FREE of charge as long as we are meeting with the homeowner. We have over 30 years of experience helping homeowners in Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia. We offer lifetime warranty's that are recognized and accepted as proof of a dry basement by FHA, VA, conventional lenders, and real estate professionals. Our warranty is also transferable should you sell your home. Interest Free Financing available with approved credit. We look forward to working with you.

Offers Coupon

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Maryland
    Maryland Home Improvement Commission
    09/19/2019
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, American Express, Financing Available

Foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawlspace waterproofing and encapsulation, mold testing and mold remediation