A to Z Contracting

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2012

685 203rd St

Pasadena, MD 21122

We are a local remodeling company...

11/14/2016

Joan V.

Chris was very professional. He gave me a fair price and did a very nice job. He used quality materials and did a very neat job. I would use A to Z Contracting again.

Description of Work
I was having problems with small animals (fox, groundhogs, etc) taking up residence under my deck which sits low to the ground. I needed to close off all access points but I wanted it to look nice and blend in with my landscape.

12/05/2015

Allan S.

Office is easy to deal with. Pricing of contract is fair and reasonable. Skilled craftsman assigned to the job.

Description of Work
Regular maintenance on Generac Guardian whole house generator

Category electrician, handyman service

05/20/2015

Paul S S.

It went very well. He is very professional. He came out and completed an assesment then mailed me the estimate. After I reviewed the estimate, he came out and we were able to get things squared away. Once he started, he completed the project within a normal period of time.

Description of Work
Staining of desk; installed and painted new front door

Category remodeling

03/19/2015

Deborah S.

Description of Work
They removed an old kitchen backsplash and installed a new backsplash. The work looks great!

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

01/21/2015

Linda S.

Description of Work
I have never contacted this provider. I don't know who they are.

01/13/2015

Roger V.

Description of Work
Installed a new garbage disposal, fixed leaking pipes, cleaned a small amount of siding and a gutter

Category gutter repair, handyman service, plumbing, siding

01/06/2015

Liz B.

See Above

Description of Work
I hired him for handyman services. He put up a banister for my stairs, installed a new mailbox, caulked some sinks, and fixed broken toilet paper holders etc. They did a great job. It was a bit on the expensive side. I bought a deal for $199 for 4 hours of service. When he called he indicated that meant 4 man hours, which was fair. But the other guy that showed up didnt really do any independant work, he was more of a "go get this tool from my truck" guy, and so the jobs took an extra hour which cost me an extra $70. While I don' t think he's assistant should have really counted for an additional worker, I did think they did a great job, and I would use them again.

12/18/2014

Christina M.

Description of Work
I phoned Chris Dombroski, of A to Z Contracting on 25 Jun and made an appt for 28 Jun meet him at my rental property to give me an estimate on a long maintenance list. We started with a list I had typed up, but modified it with his recommendations. For example, he recommended adding an access panel, rather than just patching over, the spot where the plumber had removed the drywall to fix an exterior hose hookup. I gave him HOA-approved paint, and the extra floor tiles that he would need for some of the bathroom repairs. Chris Dombroski was busy with other jobs, and I wasn't in a hurry, so it was 13 Jul before we spoke again to schedule the work for 17 July. On 17 July, Chris Dombroski showed up a bit early for the 8:00AM appointment with some assistants. Some of them began immediately, while others went to purchase items, such as deck boards, needed for the repairs. The final bill was $1072.50 for labor ($55 per manhour for 19.5 manhours) and $210.00 for materials. Here's the list of tasks: |1) Rear Rake Return + Rear Rake Board, which HOA said needed paint. (This was ladder work on the second floor of a townhouse.) |2) Replace splitting boards on deck |3) Calulking below sliding glass door |4) Fix plumber-created hole in drywall by adding access panel |5) Patch drywall hole in dining room |6) Fix corner of master bedroom. Drywall tape was buckling in corner. |7) Replace collapsing clothes pole in bedroom closet. |8) Replace broken self-stick tiles in bathroom |9) Fix caulking around bathroom sink |10) Address broken toilet flange and reseal |11) Add transition strip below dishwasher |12) Add transition strip near entrance way to cover splitting vinyl |13) Fix dining room ceiling buldge, resulting from old water leak |14) Improve outside drainage by digging shallow channel in which to insert an extension to the sump pump drainage pipe. |15) Patch bathroom ceiling

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, deck cleaning, drain pipe, interior painters

11/11/2014

Charles J.

It went very well.

Description of Work
They extended the water drain off in my back yard.

11/05/2014

Rosie C.

Very well. We discussed each task and Chris made recommendations for two repairs. Also indicated what additional materials were needed. He was courteous and completed the job with 30 minutes to spare and that included going to the hardware store for materials. Four hours was more than sufficient for the number of tasks I needed to have completed. And the price, $199, was worth the money. The tasks were needed for the sell of my home. If I wasn't moving out the area, I would definitely want A to Z to take care of my home.

Description of Work
Repaired a kitchen drawer, installed an electrical outlet, tightened a smoke detector, covered two electrical boxes, installed a vent to extend an exhaust pipe in the attic, repaired a crack between porch and sidewalk,

Category concrete repair, electrician, handyman service

10/08/2014

frank L.

Everything went great. Work was well done and worth the cost.

Description of Work
Dry wall repair and grout sealer.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service

09/30/2014

Viral P.

Chris at A 2 Z contracting is very professional an easy to work with. I had him work with several of my tenants, and everyone is happy. He is very courteous, professional and reasonable. I would definitely recommend this company for any contracting work.

Description of Work
A2Z did a lot of work for me, in all areas, and I am completely satisfied with their services.

09/11/2014

Eric F.

Went very well. The guys were professional, quick, and clean. No issues here and I would hire them again for other projects. Easy to work with and schedule. Knocked out a bunch of stuff that was sitting unfinished for a while.

Description of Work
Installed 2 bathroom cabinets, installed doorknob, fixed loose trim in hallway, installed a new medicine cabinet, fixed loose towel rack, checked work my dad did on my kitchen cabinet.

08/19/2014

Ronnie J.

I told them I wanted them to put in a shower door, there wasn't one to take down or anything just install the new one, and he said it was going to take two hours. I felt like he was not being honest with me and was trying to take advantage of me, so I am not going to work with them.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal from them for handymen work.

08/17/2014

rebecca M.

I contacted the Handyman. He was able to come out on August 5th, the day the packers were there and viewed the job. He stated that the job was more detailed and would cost more than the Angie's List contract and that he would not be able to accomplish it in the time frame that I established. I am moving and renting the place. Thank you!

08/15/2014

David C.

It was done in 2 hours 45 minutes. He as consummately professional and was quite knowledgable about his work.

Description of Work
Did a full range of small issues, from hanging shelving, fixing chandelier, nailing up soffit, to fixing a sliding door and replacing screened door to replacing two cedar 2x4's on my deck. He also gave some good tips

Category handyman service, screen repair, deck cleaning, doors

08/08/2014

Melanie R.

Great until it was over and he gave us a bill for $500!!!

Description of Work
Wow!!! I had no idea that he would charge an extra $300 to put a plastic shed together. That's a bit outrageous!!! So I bought the $199 for four hours of handyman work and he showed up with him and another guy. At the end we demanded a check for $300 on top of the $199 I has paid through Angie's List!!!! HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!

Category handyman service

This client has put a horrible review due to not understanding her purchase threw the big deal service. She knew the terms set by Angie's List. I never sold her anything more than the service she started threw Angie's list. We spoke on the phone on Tuesday, she explained her project as well as put a scope of work on the big deal notification. we scheduled the work for this morning. I also confirmed with her that I would be on site with a helper after learning that she wanted a two man job completed. We spoke of any additional hours to be billed and confirmed her understanding... She was never unsatisfied with anything until the total time was established. She has marked all F ratings because of pricing that she agreed to in writing threw Angie's List prior to ever contacting A to Z contracting. I never demanded any payment I simply handed her friend the contract that I explained to her she signed at 8 am this morning. and showed her the balance..... she gave me a check for the balance less the Angie's list credit. We were on time, professional, and performed our services to their satisfaction. Two hours later she calls me expressing her anger with the final cost for building here prefabbed shed to her satisfaction. This is the first client in 17 years to ever put a stop payment on a check. And I believe its all do to her misunderstanding of what she purchased threw Angie's List . Please contact me asap..... I would like this issue resolved 410-800-1051

06/09/2014

Patrick R.

Description of Work
Fixed 2 loose door handles; repaired a sink that stopper had broken, repaired flushing mechanism on 2 toilets, repaired a leaking outdoor faucet

Category handyman service, plumbing, doors

04/16/2014

Jim W.

Chris arrived on time and got to work immediately. Previously, he said the job would take 3 hours and it did. He is a very professional and knowledgeable handyman. He and his team member ensured the site was clean of debris. The job was done to my satisfaction. I would recommend him based on this first job he did for me.

Description of Work
Installed approximately 60 soffit vents on my house and garage.

03/29/2014

Gary S.

I was going to purchase the special that Chris was running but needed him to come out to see what it would cost just to repair the gutter which came disconnect from the down spot. I new it was a simple tasks to fix but didn't have a ladder long enough to reach the top of the roof. Chris came on time and took a look at the issue and said he would just take care of it for me right away. He pulled his ladder from his truck and had it fixed in a matter of 15 minutes. Normally these contractors who come out to do estimates would have given me a price and I would have had to schedule a time for them to come back later. Instead Chris new it was a simple job and knew it wouldn't take long. So instead of having to re-schedule and charge some ridiculous amount for 15 minutes worth of work he just took care of it on the spot and saved me from having to pay the $199. Companies like this are hard to fine so this is one you definitely want to add to your list for any home improvements or to do list. Thanks Chris and I'm sure we will be doing business together in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired gutter and down spot.

Category gutter repair, handyman service

01/21/2014

Bill F.

It went very well.

Description of Work
Installed a new bathroom fan.

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans

09/24/2013

Bill F.

Their over all service was the best and the price was good.

Description of Work
I used A to Z Contracting to install a new glass in my bathroom.

Category glass repair, handyman service

06/04/2012

Diane C.

I had an area on the ceiling of a closet in my house that looked like water damage, so it would be coming in from the attic. They could have told me anything and I appreciate that he was so honest with diagnosing the problem. He did not try to go for anything else and even told me what type of primer to get to paint over that spot on the ceiling.

Description of Work
Chris helped to repair a leak that I was having in my attic.

Category drywall, handyman service, water damage restoration

Flood Crew LLC

*24 Hours Emergency Service Response Call 571-332-3890* Flood Crew works with all insurance carriers and offers a Free Infrared Inspection* Throughout our history we have developed superior technology and processes with one goal in mind – a healthy indoor environment! We are the choice for many homeowners, realtors and businesses. Flood Crew is a full cleaning & restoration company based out of Sterling, Va since 2008. We believe in providing top notch service when you need us most. You can be assured that every job is done with the highest of skills. Serving Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC. Call our office at 571-332-3890

Offers by Flood Crew LLC on Angi
    All Pro Restoration

When the unexpected happens you want a professional on your team—one who analyzes and fixes the problems quickly in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Turn to AllPro Fire and Water Restoration. As an industry leader, family-owned AllPro has been restoring homes and businesses to their original condition for nearly a decade. With a goal of providing efficient, reliable work on time and on budget, AllPro Fire & Water Restoration has helped thousands of homeowners and businesses in the Baltimore metropolitan region recover from minor and major events. Our expert crews cover New Castle County in Delaware, Cecil County, Harford County, Baltimore County, Baltimore City MD, Carroll County and other surrounding counties in Maryland. Call us and discover why AllPro is the first step to take when the unexpected happens. Call the Certified Professionals at AllPro today!

Home remodeling, repairs and additions, basements, bathrooms & kitchens.