Sheldon & Sons Inc

Maryland: General

3220 Hunting Tweed Dr.

Owings Mills, MD 21117

www.sheldonandsons.com

In 1972 we started Sheldon & Sons as a small family run business. For over 40 years we have evolved into a full service painting contractor. Each step of the way we have worked hard to build a top notch reputation based on quality workmanship and attention to detail. Today Sheldon & Sons employees 12 work crews consisting of long time employees and family members. We have the expertise to perform jobs of all types and sizes, but pride ourselves on the personal attention that comes from a family owned business....

interior painting (216)house painting (107)drywall (24)pressure washing (16)woodworking (11)decks & porches (10)deck cleaning (6)plastering (6)wallpaper hanger (4)wallpaper removal (4)general contractors (3)epoxy flooring (1)

12/10/2021

Ilana K.

We met with Scott Sheldon to get an estimate for patching holes in our ceiling and wall made by our electrician in order to run wiring for a new light fixture. He was friendly and competent, and assured me we'd have an estimate by the end of the next business day. While a pleasant and prompt follow-up email was received promising the estimate by separate email, no estimate came. This morning Scott called before 9 am to say his company could not handle our job but he recommended some other person do it, provided his contact phone number, and proceeded to announce that he'd given our number to this other person, and that we could expect a call from him. I was appalled by this utterly unprofessional move. At no point did we give Scott permission to give our number (and address too? Who knows?) to a third party. If Scott wanted to provide us with a subcontractor's information to use or not as we wished, that's one thing. However, handing it to someone without our consent is quite another. Needless to say, we shall not be using this subcontractor, about whom we know nothing, though he is not to blame for Sheldon and Sons' unprofessional conduct. We will be hiring a different professional who came highly recommended by people we trust and provided us with a proper estimate.

Description of Work
Ceiling/wall patching

Category drywall,plastering

Work Completed On 12/07/2021

04/16/2020

Diane J.

It was great. They did a good job. I had recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Painting interior and exterior

Work Completed On 04/16/2015

03/24/2020

Jonathan A.

Sheldon and Sons did an amazing job on my kitchen. I chose to not only paint the kitchen walls but paint the original kitchen cabinets instead of getting brand new cabinets. I’m glad I did because the way the cabinets were painted made my kitchen look brand new with only half the cost. The crew was incredibly friendly and professional. I felt very comfortable with them working in my home. Everything was done in a timely manner with both quality and efficiency. I am very happy with the work and will definitely be using them again.

Description of Work
Interior Painting/Painting of Cabinets

Category interior painters,cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 03/24/2020

Review for Sheldon & Sons Inc - 3220 Hunting Tweed Dr., Owings Mills, MD - 38461730

02/28/2019

Kimberly S.

Walter is the most meticulous and perfectionist painter ever! I sustained fireplace soot damage to walls and ceiling and he made all look brand new! Even places I didn't notice, his eagle eye caught all subtle color differences. He is amazing. Gals on the phone - Nancy and Sandy - are very kind and efficient.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 02/28/2019

Review for Sheldon & Sons Inc - 3220 Hunting Tweed Dr., Owings Mills, MD - 37737736

09/25/2018

CHARLES F.

exterior wood and interior window (wood) patio - neat, cleaned up when the painting was complete - very good - painters were very nice to work with

Description of Work
Outside painting / interior Patio

Category decks,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/25/2018

09/22/2018

NORMAN W.

Never had job done. Got several other estimates that were much lower in price.

Description of Work
Ceiling painted

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

09/17/2018

Julia B.

A Facebook Referral with pictures of cabinets and kitchen taped and plastic-sheeted is what prompted my call. Scott Sheldon gave me an estimate, it was the 2nd lowest. He explained that the cabinets would be sprayed. Walt, the painter, was punctual and very professional. After 5 days, the cabinets looked wonderful, however there were 3 different surfaces, the doors were sprayed-some of it silky smooth, some of it gritty, the cabinet frames were brushed, silky smooth, but with brush marks visible, and the large expanses of flat sides of the cabinets were roller painted which yielded an orange-peel surface. We did get a partial refund after I requested an adjustment. My advice, be sure to inquire how the cabinets would be painted. IF you can afford it, refacing would've looked better.

Description of Work
Painting kitchen cabinets

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

08/27/2018

TERRY C.

Sheldon and Sons does a terrific job, from the estimate (by the President of the firm), to the fast and efficient crew.

Description of Work
Paint deck

Category decks,house painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

04/17/2018

Michelle B.

The office personnel were rude. I got an estimate and then I had to wait until a specific person could schedule the appointment. When I didn't hear from the scheduler, I called several times to try and reach her and she was either out of the office or not available. I didn't understand why the office manager who kept taking my messages for an appointment couldn't schedule the service. When I finally got a hold of her, she was unfriendly and dismissive. I thought her behavior was unwarranted as I didn't complain and tried to make polite conversation. There were three painters who came out to do the work. Overall, they did a good job and were very professional. We had our full bath, powder room and exterior door frame and windows painted. When the paint dried, I noticed some areas that needed to be touched up. The lead painter came back and addressed my concerns and touched up the areas and we were very pleased with the quality of the job.

Description of Work
Painting exterior and interior

Work Completed On 11/10/2017

04/13/2018

GEORGE G.

Great! House looks like new although is over 60 years old

Description of Work
Sun room painted and ceiling repaired. Outside portions repaired and painted.

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

Interior & exterior painting. Drywall & plaster repair & patching. Texturing of ceilings & walls. Millwork finishing & refinishing. Doors. Windows. Cabinets. Cases. Interior walls & ceiling painting. Faux & specialty painting. Wallpaper & specialty wall coverings. Pressure washing. Deck maintenance. Siding. Exterior woodwork repair. Scraping. Sanding. General surface preparations. Fences & trim.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check