Brody Brothers Pest Control

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2005

11436 Cronhill Dr. Unit 1

Owings Mills, MD 21117

Family owned & operated Quality Pest Control, since 1984. Brody Brothers Pest Control. Award Winning. Winning Angie's List Super Service Award Since 2007. Brody Brothers was named Best of Baltimore in 2013. We hold an A+ rating with the BBB for the last 7 years. NEW Mosquito & Tick Control! Additional DBAs - Brody Enterprises Inc, Yaakov Brody & Sons, Yaakov Brody & Sons, Yaakov Brody Sons Inc....

06/09/2022

jerome F.

They were very effective and even went above and beyond. I would recommend them as well.

Description of Work
I hired them to get rid of mice and fruit flies. They come out every quarter.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review we really appreciate this!

03/02/2022

Chana J.

I purposely waited to write this review because I wanted to assess whether the treatment worked and whether the techs were really professional friendly before writing it. I think that *anyone* can seem professional the first time; it's how you are after a bit and whether your services work that matters to me. I was encouraged by the excellent reviews I saw, but decided to hold judgment until I had actually experienced several visits. I can say, without hesitation, that Brody Brothers are one of the most professional, kind, and courteous companies I've ever worked with. And, more to the point, they get the job done! Thus far, they've come to my house three times, with two different techs doing the servicing. Both wore masks and shoe covers to protect my floors (without my asking them to). Both techs were professional, friendly, and they took my intense fear of bugs seriously and were very kind and considerate in telling me enough, but not too much, lol. Talking with the office staff was wonderful; they were empathetic and kind, and took the time to understand what I needed. They were able to schedule me in 48 hours. They sent me email and text notifications reminding me of the appointment and again when the tech was on his way. For one of my appointments, the tech was ahead of schedule and called to offer me an earlier time (if it worked for me), which was thoughtful. The emails also included the name and photo of the tech so you know exactly who to expect, which was really helpful for me, as my kids are homeschooled, so I'm usually here with two young kids and can be a bit wary of having strangers in the house. When Brody Brothers came, they listened to me- really listened to me- and clearly explained what they would do, why, and what I could do to help their treatments be most effective. They came and treated and I did everything they told me to. The initial appointment was the longest, at about an hour, but the other two were about 30 minutes. They were also friendly to my dog, and took the time to greet her so she left them alone during the appointment. Sightings decreased within about a week, and after two weeks we saw nothing; when they came out for the third visit there was still no activity seen by the tech and we hadn't seen anything either (this was about a month after the initial treatment). I am so glad I called when I did! I signed up for quarterly service; their prices are very reasonable. Not the cheapest or most expensive, but worth every penny because you get what you pay for. Fantastic service from techs and office staff, and excellent results!! I highly recommend Brody Brothers, don't even waste your time going elsewhere!

Description of Work
pest control

Category pest control

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for us, we really appreciate this!

08/04/2020

Brian G.

The technicians were very professional, courteous, and efficient with their job. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Wasp nest removal

Category pest control

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review!

05/29/2020

Peter M.

John G. kept me informed during each step of the process, and did an excellent job of removing the birds and adding a cage to the vent to prevent this from happening in the future. I have always received good service from Brody Brothers.

Description of Work
Remove birds from attic vent

Category animal removal

Thank you so much for the feedback!

12/20/2019

Becky R.

They have been fabulous. I had used a competitor for years but Brody did a stellar job in comparison. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I have been using them for pest control issues for rodent problems.

Category pest control

What a great review thank you so much:)

01/16/2019

David H.

I want to first say that every technician that ever came to our home was extremely professional, courteous and genuinely I felt that they were great people. As for the issue, I want to start by stating that before I contacted Brody Brothers, I started noticing mouse activity in my basement January 2018. It was extremely cold outside down to the negatives in the evening at times. Around this same time, we also started hearing noises in our attic in the evening, great bats etc. For the mice, I set snap traps loaded peanut butter and caught one within minutes. Set 3 more traps over the course of a few days and each one claimed a new victim. Deer mice, they were getting in from under the garage door and working their way behind some shotty moulding (horrible builder work) in my garage and up into my basement via the top of the foundation. I sealed off entry points with steel wool and caulk. I contacted Brody Brothers to help monitor the situation. They set up some sticky insect cartons on the floor and we were told about their monthly service plan. They also inspected the attic ( I have two attics they only ever went into one of them) and stated that they found some bat guano. They set snap traps, But They indicated in their report that there was evidence of possible bats hanging out in the attic in the past but they were not able to do anything about it. So several months went by. I went up into my attic to do some electrical work, install a fan and recessed lights in our master bedroom and I noticed that the traps caught nothing. I was very curious on why snap traps were set for bats. Long story short, their notes indicated that there was evidence of bats getting into our attic but no one ever followed up with us to correct how they could be getting in except for "quarterly service" In which they put down the sticky cartons for insects. Some months later it is winter again and I go to get my son to bed one evening and we hear noises in our attic. My son is crying and freaking out. I contacted Brody Brothers and they came out for quarterly service and did nothing to address the concerns. They stated that someone else from their wildlife team needed to handle this since they believe it was a bat. I was figuring that this was supposed to happen many months ago from 2018 when I first started noticing the noises. A week goes by and their "Wildlife technician" comes out to my home, he inspects the attic as well as outside of my home and states that this is indicative of a little brown bat perhaps getting into our attic but states that there is nothing that he can do until September 1st. On top of that he provides me an estimate of the work that can be done in 9 months for over $2200.00. This im assuming is on top of the contract for service that we signed up for. Needless to say we are not renewing this service plan. So we have had this contract for a year and not once did they ever address the actual issue. Now we are on a mission to see who can assist with this because clearly this company just wants service contracts. I'm overall extremely disappointed by the company especially when they have come highly regarded locally.

Description of Work
Mice and bat but nothing was really ever done but a bait to get me to agree to a service contract

Category pest control

Mr. [Member Name Removed] - thank you for your honest review of our team. We really do appreciate your feedback and take to heart the words you wrote here, thank you. First, let me say we can improve, 100%! I did review your account with our staff and we definitely dropped the ball on following up with you for our wildlife technician to reassess after the snowfall last year. We take full-responsibility for that and are very sorry. Upon re-assessing this year, we did find evidence of bats again and provided an estimate. We do our bat work during the Maryland Dept. of Natural Resources recommended time in September and October; I know that is a long time to wait and frustration with this is understandable. I believe we recommended another company that may be able to help, I would be happy to provide that information to you again. I know you spoke to Kirsten regarding our services, who was able to have your money completely refunded for your general pest plan you have with us. We really appreciate your feedback and I feel horrible for your experience with us, it is not often we have a customer say they have a bad experience. I hate to have our team fail like this. If there is anything else I can do - please feel free to reach out directly to one of our mangers: Kirsten and/or Samantha at 410-653-2121. I really appreciate the time taken out to write this review and I look forward to working with my team, so this does not happy in the future again. Thank you again and I am truly sorry!

11/14/2018

Dina G.

Amazing. Such outstanding service. High quality, patient, and kind team. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Termites, ants, mice

11/13/2018

Becca R.

We have had a on going mouse issue for a few years every fall/winter. Since hiring Brody Brothers we have not seen or heard a single mouse!!! We also get really big spiders all the time and we have not seen any of those guys in a long time! Safe to say I've never been more happy with the decision of hiring this amazing company! Service is great, but the customer service from everyone in the company is the best part!

Description of Work
Pest control

09/24/2018

Sandra G.

I've been using Brody Brothers since 2001. I've never had any problems with any of their services. They are always punctual, friendly, and informative.

Description of Work
Annual Termite Inspection

09/24/2018

Pat B.

Tony, Troy, and Charles come out on time, and spend lots of time checking inside and outside of my home. They are very knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Got rid of wasps, mice, and spiders.

04/19/2017

Sabrina C.

They came out on time. He told me where all the entry points were and sealed up everything. It was very effective. And I noticed results immediately. The bait that they used worked very well and fast. He gave great suggestions on what to do to prevent the issue in the future. I tired to do it myself and clearly these guys are the true professionals. My cats had already killed a few but I wish I didn't wait so long before contacting them.

Description of Work
Pest control for mice

04/03/2017

Art B.

Will only perform wildlife removal work for persons with existing contracts

Description of Work
removal and repel groundhogs under deck

Category pest control

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused. We do list that our Wildlife services are only offered to our contract customers at this time. We do always recommend Md. Dept. of Natural Resources. They can be reached during normal business hours at 877-620-8367. Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback.

07/21/2016

Rhona R.

I have them come back multiple times a year. They always are great to work with. They're great people. They use chemicals that are safe to use around children and pets. They're a family run business which I really like as well!

Description of Work
They spray around the house for pests, using safer chemicals. They'e also captured mice in my home and sprayed for termites and ants.

06/14/2016

manfred M.

They were here a month ago. I have a service contract with them so they come on call and quarterly.

Description of Work
Pest control, I use Brody Brothers.

04/04/2016

Ronald K.

Went well. I have no more wasps.

Description of Work
Removed wasps nets

03/18/2016

Gerald J.

I was given a two hour window for my free estimate and received a text when the technician, Jonathon, was on his way, which was great! Even though I only called about the fly issues, he did a full free inspection of the property. He was spot on with the areas that we get ants just by looking through the basement. He assessed the issue with the flies and was able to explain some reasons why we would be having the issues. He identified an area under our deck that was open and filled it in with spray foam. I appreciated that he did not try to push any treatments for the house that weren't necessary or to try and push a service, but was very honest about what problems he saw and how to fix them. Brody Brothers will definitely be the first people I call in the future when I need any type of pest control!

Description of Work
I received an free estimate for a fly issue I was having in my mud room.

02/13/2016

Jennifer W.

The technician was very helpful, thorough and professional. He provided good information and explained what his company offers as well as some do-it-myself tips. This is the second time I have used this company and I'm sure I will use them again in the future

Description of Work
Checked my home for possible rodent access points and advised me on my options.

01/23/2016

Jeremiah T.

Jonathan Hart from the Brody Brothers came to my building to get rid of a new infestation of roaches there. He thoroughly inspected the building and discovered the source of my problem: roach eggs that were brought in by a guest to my property. He then took care of the roaches, as I have not seen any roaches or heard any tenant complaints of roaches since he came about a week and a half ago. This confirms my experience with the Brody Brothers, since Jonathan came out for me about 10 months ago and got rid of my mouse problem with just one treatment. He told me that not all mouse infestation problems could be handled with just one treatment, but I am very glad that he was able to do this for my situation. My building has been mouse free ever since.

Description of Work
The provider exterminated the mice and roaches in my building. I was charged about $250 on each occasion, spaced out about 10 months apart from each other.

01/20/2016

casey C.

I would probably not use them again, not due to anything that they did wrong. I would try somebody else, just because we're still having pest issues. Even though they were treating, we're still having pest issues. So, we would probably try somebody else. They would give a large timeframe and I'd have to pretty much work from home the entire day. Sometimes it's kind of difficult to do that.

Description of Work
They were doing quarterly pest control. So spraying and baiting for rodents.

11/13/2015

Miguel R.

The team, applied a dust substance, which instantly killed the nest. Excellent work.

Description of Work
Removed a wasp nest growing on the siding.

11/12/2015

Eric C.

The Brody techs do amazing work no matter the bug problem I have. They are prompt and have always handled my bug and bee problems on the first visit.

Description of Work
I have used Brody for years for both quarterly service and the bee problems I always have during the summer.

10/07/2015

Michael S.

The professionals showed up on time, explained what they were going to do and they resolved the issues. We had 2 separate incidents and the nests were removed and all bee activity stopped within a few days. They also perform a follow up service free of charge.

Description of Work
We had a very active bee season in the late summer and early fall. Brody Brothers came out quickly and resolved 2 major issues we had this season with significant yellow jacket infestations. They are very knowledgeable and professional. They know their business and perform it very well. I highly recommend this company.

10/06/2015

Jennifer W.

The technician was very nice and informative, he did the work efficiently and cleanly. He then told me me the total charges. He was not aware I had purchased an Angie's List Big deal but said he would check with the office. I emailed the office and they acknowledged I had already paid via the Big Deal and said it could take time for them to get the payment from Angie's List. That's not my problem. But after that I did get a bill in the mail which I will not pay. I hope they will update their system to prevent this, that is why I gave them a B for professionalism. I would call them again for pest control.

Description of Work
Sprayed yellow jacket nest in siding

09/18/2015

Emily S.

I trust this business to provide competent and safe service.

Description of Work
exterminated ants

09/17/2015

Michele W.

We called Brody after seeing their trucks around the neighborhood. They were able to set us up on an appointment and come out promptly. They determined what the issues were and suggested, but did not pressure, that we start a program with them. They explained how it worked and I decided to sign up for the year. We had some millipedes appear in between appointments and they scheduled us as soon as they could, actually moving it up a few days when I explained that we were having company and needed them to be able to use certain areas. They are higher priced than a big national -ix company but their value is apparent. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
They assessed some issues in the house with ant and other critters, and provided services to rid us of these

Home Guard Termite Pest & Home Services

Home Guard Services is a locally owned and operated Maryland termite, pest, and home services company with over 20 years of experience and a multi-year Super Service Award winner with Angie's List! Home Guard Services provides excellent customer service and competitive rates. Serving Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Howard, and Prince Georges counties in Maryland, we offer free inspections, coupons, and referral discounts. Former DBA: Pest Guard.

Offers by Home Guard Termite Pest & Home Services on Angi
    American Pest

American Pest is offering disinfectant and wipe-down services at this time to combat the spread of COVID-19. As always, we offer top rated pest control for the home and business; servicing D.C., Maryland and Virginia for 90+ years. Proven and reliable pest control for rodents, ants, mosquitoes, bed bugs, termites, and more! Our highly-trained, certified pest control professionals will help you to take back your home from pests and keep them out. Award winning, green-friendly options. Service guarantees. Emergency services and 24/7 local communications. We're up to the task of discussing your unique pest problems and providing you with the best possible experience. Contact us today to learn more about our pest control services!

Offers by American Pest on Angi
    Bug Boys Pest Control

Bug Boys Pest Control was founded by Rory McCarty in August of 2013. With over 30 years of experience in the pest industry, Rory had one goal – to bring back honesty and integrity to the pest industry. When you choose Bug Boys Pest Control, you will not only receive a service, but you will gain a family as well. We are dedicated to providing a high-quality service at a fair and affordable cost. Daily, we strive to be the number one pest control company in each area we serve. We employ ladies and gentlemen who display integrity and professionalism. Having the best technicians in the industry is our goal. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Termite treatment videos https://youtu.be/Mnxg7n_na58 https://youtu.be/epe8h_B-XtU Termite investation videos https://youtu.be/wcO-u1P9u_E https://youtu.be/XwxP0_ms8iY Termite Bait system failures https://youtu.be/ZAqMR51FDYg https://youtu.be/7Nrgb4jWYiM Fraud videos  https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdf81hwL/?k=1 References Judy Yo  7036252885 McLean VA Ken Gural 7033463597 Clifton VA Barre Lanford  4107441313 Catonsville Md Brenda Phillips (571) 278-7439 Alexandria VA Tic Tok @bug_boys *Military discount* *senior discount* https://www.bugboyspestcontrol.com/

M.D.A # 28177
    M.D.A. #28177
    MD Dept of Agriculture
    06/30/2018
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Residential and commercial pest control including integrated pest management, general pest and termite control, bed bug, mosquito & tick control.

Fumigation. Wildlife only offered to Contract customers.