Eastern Shore Window & Door

Founded 1994 • With Angi since March 2013

We are your "Window & Door Professionals!" we sell and install Factory Direct windows doors storm door sliding glass doors French doors Garden windows Bay and Bow windows installed complete by our A rated 5 Star rated Factory trained installers Free Estimates in home....No 5 hour presentations No

4.4

4.3

window replacement (51)door installation (31)egress window (2)

11/16/2022

Bob S.

Well worth the wait! Shane and Jesse did an excellent professional installation of an 8’ slider in Ocean City Shane is certainly an expert installer. Very respectful of property and taking pride in a job well done Please convey my compliments to both guys Door looks beautiful!

Description of Work
Removal and installation of a new 8’sliding door

11/15/2022

Robert P. M.

I greatly appreciate your crew’s expertise at installing our 14 new replacement windows on November 11, 2022. Please let your crew know how highly I feel about their professionalism and expertise on the job. I did a final walk around inspection and had some concern about my three front attached windows looking out of square. I have since looked at older pictures of that three window set and see my siding is out of square not the windows! I feel badly that I may have taken away some of their feeling of a job well done. They overcame the rotten frame problems they had to work with around the house, as well as the aforementioned existing issue. My wife and I are thoroughly pleased with the new windows, your communication along the way and the professionalism shown throughout the process. Best regards, Robert MacKinnis

Description of Work
Replacement of all fourteen of the house windows.

08/29/2022

Frank Z.

Windows were installed perfectly. They work perfectly, we can already see the reductions of our AC bills, and comfort in the home

Description of Work
New Windows for the entire home (27 Windows)

Work Completed On 04/05/2022

We are glad you are pleased. Thanks for the kind words. You are a [Member Information Removed] for life!

08/29/2022

Robyne F.

The process was very professional and timely (given the supply issues from the pandemic). The windows and doors are very high quality and we couldn’t be more pleased. This company is a family owned business and as such, treated us like valued customers instead of another “job”. We highly recommend!

Description of Work
Windows

Work Completed On 08/02/2022

Thanks for the kind words and your business. You are a customer for life!

08/15/2022

Stephen B.

These guys do lousy work and wouldn't come back to fix problems. All the windows they installed were drafty because they weren't installed properly. Talked to owner on phone numerous times but kept making excuses and in the end did not send crew out to check and repair. BUYER BEWARE!

Description of Work
New windows

Work Completed On 05/03/2022

We are sorry that you feel this way. Every window we install is professionally done on each Home with the best quality materials. I believe you originally stated only the upstairs windows felt drafty. You are a customer for life and we can review again for you gladly.

07/09/2022

Debbie C.

Update - July 9, 2022 - Here I am with front door still backwards with the interior of the door outside, a hole in the door where the deadbolt belongs , foyer furniture in the family room with no idea when this project will be complete, or even a POSSIBILITY of completion. It’s mind boggling. And mind numbing. On June 24, Joe left me a voicemail after my pleading for status info, that my frame should be on the truck on July 6, that we would then “have it in hand,” that we would then “get you scheduled and done.” He also indicated that he would send the installer to install the deadbolt, well, none of this has happened. Texted Joe July 6 for status. Informed me via text that frame was on the truck, but he had no idea when it would arrive because of the holiday. Huh? Uh, thanks? Gee, I feel so much better now. This is where it ends for now. I have reduced my rating from 2 stars to 1. Almost out of allowed characters. *Ordered doors Oct. 2021. Supplied large deposit for 5 doors. *Not a word from ESWD until I called in March 2021. *Was told by Terry, the salesperson that I could call the manufacturer. *Informed Terry that I expected ESWD to obtain that information. Said he would. *Heard nothing. Subsequent phone calls were not returned. *April 2022 receive email from the owner stating doors are near completion. *May 2022 we arrange installation on June 7 8. I take off those 2 days from work. *Guys show up on time with great products on June 7 *Remove the entire frame containing the entry door and 2 sidelights. *Install new frame, door, and sidelights. *DOOR IS HINGED ON THE WRONG SIDE, AND SWINGS THE WRONG WAY! It is backwards! *Installer contacts Joe, the owner. Joe wonders if I will consider keeping it this way. Denied *Joe offers re-mortising the frame for hinges on the other side and the other frame mods needed and patching the other side with $200 discount. Denied. *Joe informs me that he is in possession of a frame that is properly mortised, etc. and that the installers will retrieve it and finish my entry door installation on Mon. Jun. 13. I agree. I am already off work, as I am leaving for out of town on that morning. My son would be present for install, and installers and I determined that my husband arrival time would be adequate for final inspection and payment. *On Monday installer texts to inform they are at warehouse, and should arrive to my house by 9:30a. *At 10:20 a I text installer to see what is up. There is no frame at warehouse. No one will be coming to my house to correct this error. I am informed that Joe will contact me in the evening with options. *Monday evening - Nothing. Now, here I am with an incorrect entry door. My furniture cannot be taken out of my family room and put back in the foyer. I have a hole where the deadbolt belongs, and an old crappy knob (my old knob). The installers and I agreed that there was no reason at time of incorrect install to install new knob and deadbolt as they would be installed on the properly installed door the following Monday. *It is now Friday Jun 17, and Joe has not contacted me one time. *Called Joe We would Jun 15 to find out what is going on. Had trouble with connection, and could not hear him well. Asked him to call me back when he was in a better location. Said he would call that evening. Did not call. *Called Joe today, Jun 17. Said he was sorry did not call, blah, blah, blah. Asked him WHAT IS GOING ON. Said he was ordering frame from manufacturer. Expressed my displeasure at complete lack of communication, blah, blah, blah in return. *Products are nice, installers are great, but communication and customer care are nonexistent. * The value for money rating above has been greatly reduced by the sheer frustration and life disruption caused by this amateurish mistake.

Description of Work
Exterior Doors

Category egress windows, doors

Work Completed On 07/09/2022

My apologies... totally my fault that the mistake was made! ...and in an effort to get you taken care of Immediately I thought we had what we needed in stock. I was mistaken and wholeheartedly apologize. As far as updating you with correct information... It does take a minute or two to get the information from the factory on turn around time. God forbid I were to error again and tell you something wrong. (did not want that to happen) Frame is in hand and will be corrected immediately! at your convenience. Again I apologize for your inconvenience. You are a customer for life! With the best products on the market and the best warranty!

02/10/2022

Regina S.

Crew showed up on time, well prepared, minimal interruption to our work-from-home situation. The double tilt in, low-e windows look nice and function well. Crew did a great job installing, and cleaning up afterwards. I would definitely work with them again!

Description of Work
Replacing 7 windows

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you for the kind words! You are customers for Life!

01/06/2022

Rob H.

Very frustrating experience. Would not recommend. Cannot get straight answers and still after 8 months, no idea when the job will be done. If we want to know what the status of our project is we have to call or text. Our sales agent or the owner has never reached out to us in 8 months. Has claimed that COVID is responsible, but I have observed many projects in my community started and finished in the 8 months we have been waiting. Other contractors contacted have assured me that they can get windows and doors and can get the job done for us. We are beyond frustrated.

Description of Work
Signed contract 8 months ago with a $4000 deposit for 2 doors and 7 windows installation. No product, no installation, and very poor communication. Lots of excuses.

Work Completed On 01/06/2022

It is unfortunate that material shortages on custom made products have impacted the completion of custom jobs and orders. If in stock materials could be used the job would be completed! We should soon have the rest of this customers material and be able to try and make them happy. We are customers as you are awaiting materials. We thank you for your patience! Truly in these tough times we share.

07/26/2021

Kathy C.

March 1, 2021 is the initial project date. After 5 months July 12m 2021, installer came but with the wrong door. We gave 780.00 as deposit payment and agreed to BBB to provide refund. Until now BBB and I never heard anything about the refund.

Description of Work
Door Installation

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

unfortunately delays due to Covid creating material shortages have impacted heavily the construction industry. We did provide the product that was stated on the contract. Unfortunately the Salesman should have specified a replacement product for this particular customer as they were not replacing the entire unit. We have refunded the deposit and offered to reorder the correct product without ANY deposit and expedite as much as we can these days. The customers New Door. We like happy customers and will continue to strive to accomplish this.

01/21/2021

Maria H.

They called an hour after I filled in info on Angie’s list. Asked for address and said he’d get back to me. Two weeks went buy, so I called again. I was told he had it written down and would get back to me. That was over 2 months ago.....

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category egress windows, replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/29/2020

06/24/2020

Patrick C.

We were contacted immediately by Eastern Shore Window and Door. Their rep scheduled an appointment and arrived on the day and time promised. You have no idea how rare that can be here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. We were very impressed. He left us with an invoice explaining the work to be done and the cost. Was knowledgeable, professional and courteous. The price seemed reasonable. We did discover that it was possible to replace just the glass without installing an entire new window, so that is what we did. But I would absolutely call them again if we have a window or door issue.

Description of Work
Broken glass in a double pane casement window

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

thanks for the kind words we aim to please! Please tell friends and family as you are doing them and us a service!

04/08/2019

Paul H.

We are very happy with the doors. The estimate process was very informational and no pressure. We were given enough information to do some research and make a very informed decision. The installers were great and very professional. Price + lifetime warranty plus glass breakage warranty were the big sellers for us. Also, the energy performance ratings are all standardized so we could compare similar windows. We were happy to pay thousands and in some cases many thousands less for very comparable windows. Lifetime windows for a great price with an excellent warranty. good company. The only minor criticism would be that after we made the down payment there was very little contact, even as several months went by before the windows were ready to be installed. I had to follow up to get updates. Having some follow up communication from the company about the order would have been nice. But if you know that going in the end product is great and worth it

Description of Work
16 windows and 1 sliding glass door

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

03/15/2019

Janice K.

Workers arrived earlier than scheduled which was fine because they finished earlier. Very pleasant to deal with. Answered any questions I had as they did work. Advised me that installing a new whole new door would not alleviate the problem of water getting in but door needed to be replaced because frame was rotted and it had to go. They advised me to get a siding gutter company in to fix where water was getting in because new door would just get ruined. They had Eastern Window and Door recommend a reliable company to me. Cleaned-up after job; even swept and shook out my throw rug.

Description of Work
replacement of front house door including side lights and transom. Reinstall storm door.

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

02/06/2019

Daniel S.

Buyer Beware, LIARS AND THIEVES!! Frankly I am shocked this company has ANY positive reviews. They were hired, AND PAID almost $3000 in JUNE of 2018 to provide and install a new door. Basically they took the money and forget we existed! Over six months later, NO DOOR. We have called repeatedly over the last six months and very time they act shocked to hear from us. Every time they promise we will have our door, that they will “call us right back”. They never call back. They took the $$$$, and did not provide the product or service. To me that is thievery plain and simple. $3000 is ALOT of money to us. Our electric bill is sky high with heat seeping out the current door, and they do not care. DO NOT believe the other reviews. Absolutely Abhorrent business practices. We need a refund so we can get a door from a decent business. Not these charltans.

Description of Work
We Front Door

Work Completed On 02/05/2019

We certainly apologize for the delay in correcting the factory error. The door and sidelites arrived in a timely fashion originally they were just not the color requested...so they were sent back to the factory. Unknown to us They were lost on return but we awaited their delivery any time it just didn't happen. The product is now installed and taken care of for the customer and they have a Lifetime Warranty! They are customers for Life!

12/20/2018

Annji B.

I was a little worried about how this would go at first. The owner called me immediately to set up an estimate which was great. I could have used a little more help when the estimator came to check out our door situation, but I chose from a variety of options from a catalogue. A custom transom had to be ordered. I think they were very busy because I didn’t hear from them for what seemed like forever. Then I was called and told they had a window (pun intended) to install it the following day. Fortunately, I was able to take the day off. They showed up and pulled out the old door, transom and sidelights and installed the new. They were courteous and professional and it was clearly not the smoothest job they’ve ever had. They did it in one day and it is perfect!! Seriously, it’s stunning. I have the prettiest front door in the whole town.

Description of Work
Replaced front door, transom and sidelights.

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

10/29/2018

Christina C.

The process went very well in the beginning. Then, I had a long delay working with my HOA on colors (not their fault). Then it was time to schedule the actual installation. Install of the doors went fine, and the installer was very nice (but hinted that I probably paid too much). Then it took forever to get the shutters installed. I had to keep calling and asking for an ETA, worrying that my HOA would fine me for having mismatched shutters and door for so long. Overall, the experience was only so-so. I probably would not use them again.

Description of Work
Front door, screen door, and shutters

Work Completed On 10/29/2017

10/02/2018

Jeanne C.

Eastern Shore Window and Door was very easy to work with for the sales and installation of my new windows. I think their service was exceptional. The installation went very smoothly in a professional manner and the installers cleaned up afterwards both outside and inside even vacuuming the floor beneath the windows to clean up any debris that fell. And my new windows look and work great. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
new replacement windows for my house

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

08/22/2018

william B.

After being disenchanted by the high-pressure sales tactics of some of the well-known window companies in the area, I called Eastern Shore Window and Door and spoke to Joe, the owner. I am very happy I made the call. I explained to him what I was looking for and he felt certain that his company could provide the type of window replacements we needed. A short time later, salesman Terry came to give us an estimate. It was the most relaxed interaction I've ever had with someone trying to sell me something! The price per window was much better than expected, especially considering the outstanding quality windows they have custom made. We signed the contract that day and, as promised, approximately six weeks later installer Jack and his two assistants came and installed the windows in one day! They were professional, courteous, friendly, and extremely efficient. We could not be happier with the finished product, and enjoyed the experience from start to finish. I will definitely contact them again when it is time to replace all of the windows in the front of the house.

Description of Work
16 replacement windows in the back of our home.

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

04/17/2018

Deedra D.

The project went very well. Very professional. He cleaned up afterwards without being told to do so. Everything turned out good.

Description of Work
Replace front storm door and replaced back door.

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

03/19/2018

Tammy E.

I haven't got done yet.Need done.If you don't have size can you cut down one you have or whatever. I have aluminum. Can give price for vinyl too. Please get in touch with me. Tammy Evans Mitchell at 228 6109. 302.

Description of Work
I still need trailer window put in. 46w,47tall.

01/27/2018

Paul V.

The Patio door took a long time to get here from the mfgr. Installation went very well. The space for the slider needed to be modified to take the new patio door. Final product looks great. A lot of window and door companies that I spoke with would not modify the existing slider opening.

Description of Work
Replacement of an existing slider with a patio door and replacing a very old window

Work Completed On 01/27/2018

01/24/2018

Penny W.

Beautifully. Once the windows were received, we were contacted and the windows were installed the next day. Two very polite gentlemen installed 4 large windows in about 4 hours, cleaned up the mess inside and out and were gone in what seemed like record time. Couldn't ask for better service. Very impressive.

Description of Work
New windows

Work Completed On 01/16/2018