Willis Builders Inc

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

14621 Brougham Way

N Potomac, MD 20878

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

General contractor servicing Montgomery county and parts of Washington DC. We have had the same Project managers on staff for 9 -17 years. Our newest manager has been with us for 9 years. We believe in high level service over quantity of work. We limit our projects so we can pay more attention to each project. We only take on work that we can effectively handle. We specialize in Additions , bathrooms , kitchens and basements. Our teams are skilled in all aspects of residential construction. For our existing clients we service any project they would like done in their homes. We have developed systems to provide the best communication , quality, and timeliness. We provide free estimates. Hope to hear from you!...

handyman (298)home remodeling (81)interior painting (70)drywall (63)plumbers (62)electrician (45)flooring (42)lighting (36)door installation (35)tile installation (32)general contractors (32)woodworking (30)

09/28/2021

Justin E.

We used Willis Builders when we first moved into this house 8 years ago and were extremely satisfied with their work, so we decided to hire them the update our two upstairs bathrooms (along with a couple other minor things around the house). The craftsmanship and efficiency of the project blew me away and I am super happy that I decided to use them again for this project. Naveed and Nelson were fantastic. I was amazed at the long days they spent and how efficient the work was. Naveed came to me with any questions and feedback....and the few small issues with materials were resolved quickly and easily. They are a great team and I would recommend them to anyone for a similar project.

Description of Work
Update two full bathrooms

Category ceramic tile,drywall,plumbing,remodeling,ceiling fans,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

[Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you and Willis Builders appreciates the positive review and the opportunity to work with you on multiple occasions. We look forward to working with you in the future!

09/28/2021

Dan B.

Could not have gone better. They made the necessary construction modifications required in an old, uneven house, they did the work in just over one month, and we very clear about the additional costs that arose from construction obstacles as well as additional items we selected for them to do.

Description of Work
Willis transformed our main floor by repositioning the front door, moving the powder room, and opening up a needed hallway between the entry and the main part of the house. It's like a new home!

Category ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,flooring contractor,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the positive review. It was a pleasure making your renovation a reality. Willis Builders looks forward to working with you in the future. Thanks!

06/02/2021

Mahmoud & Ferjana K.

It went amazing. Naveed was a great project manager and walked us through the process every step of the way. He explained multiple options and provided recommendations on how to better design our basement layout. The end product was better than we could imagine. I would definitely work with Willis Builders again.

Description of Work
Basement with a Bathroom

Category electrician,handyman service,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,ceiling fans,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/02/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the glowing review of your project manager Naveed. Willis Builders is always pleased to receive compliments regarding our project managers. Naveed is extremely skillful and client orientated. Please feel free to reach out to us for any future remodeling needs. Thanks!

05/24/2021

Kenneth C.

Excellent , Naveed was professional and knowledgeable

Description of Work
bathroom

Category remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

Willis Builders is pleased that you are happy with your project. We always appreciate and welcome feedback on our project managers. Naveed works very hard to ensure client satisfaction. Please reach out to us with any future remodeling projects. Thanks

02/12/2021

Jonathan L.

Naveed did an exceptional job on this project and the outcome was beyond expectation! Naveed and Matt Willis kept us updated throughout the duration of the project, and finished ahead of schedule. The professionalism and level of detail with this company is unrivaled. Willis will be our first and only call for additional work on our home. They will also be our first recommendation to family and friends.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Category chimney caps,home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/01/2020

Review for Willis Builders Inc - 14621 Brougham Way, N Potomac, MD - 39190318

[Member Name Removed], We are so happy that you are pleased with the outcome of your project and that you enjoyed working with Naveed!! Enjoy your remodeled spaces and please keep us in mind for any future projects.

11/05/2020

Nathaniel R.

We asked Willis Builders to remodel our two bathrooms after they did a great job helping deal with water intrusion (upgrading to wider gutters, rearranging downspouts, installing a sump pump). Both jobs were overseen by Leo, who did great work and was extremely helpful when we discovered we'd forgotten something or didn't have enough of XYZ because the pandemic slowed shipping down. I would gladly hire them again!

Description of Work
Exterior drainage issues; remodeling two bathrooms

Category gutter repair,home security systems,wells,home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

08/20/2019

LINDA B.

This was a top to bottom complete renovation of my house. All work to be done was described in well written project proposals. I have lived in my house since 8/1/1972. Over the years I have had workers here to do some renovations and repairs. Matthew Willis of Willis Builders, the Project Manager Marcelo Gomes, and all the workers that came to my house were very professional. I am very, very pleased with the outcome of this renovation. My house is better than brand new only because I was fortunate to have Willis Builders do this renovation.

Description of Work
remodel existing bathroom, install complete new bathroom, install complete new family room, prepare and paint all walls in entire house, prepare and refinish all hardwood floors, prepare and paint entire garage, install brick to fill in old vent access, insulation of all outside walls in family room and unfinished basement area.

Category contractors,ceramic tile,closet systems,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,glass repair,handyman service,hardwood floor,insulation,lighting,masonry,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,garage builders,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/20/2019

The first thing that comes to my mind in response to your amazing review is something that I had said to Marcelo and my wife. Basically I explained to them that if all of my clients were as amazing as you I would have so much joy in my life! This was an amazing project for us and the double bonus is that we got to work for you. I really appreciate all of your gratitude and grace throughout the months that we worked for you. We overcame the county permitting tragedies and challenges together. I have never had such difficulties and ridiculous requirements and you were a trooper the entire project. I would say I look forward to our next job however I believe we may have done everything! I will say that if you ever need anything in terms of work or help with anything else I hope you will consider me a friend as well. The project was a blessing and a great experience for all of us at Willis Builders ! Thank you so much! Blessings!

07/11/2019

Roger C.

Slight delay in starting work and then project was on schedule and remained on schedule. Mathew Willis was very helpful at all stages and provided good advice and recommendations. Because this was a basement bathroom we asked him for his recommendations and followed them on tile, appliances, windows, etc. We also had him do the purchase and installation of everything. As easy as such a renovation could be.

Description of Work
Major renovation of old basement bathroom

Category ceramic tile,handyman service,lighting,plumbing,replacement windows,home remodeling,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

Review for Willis Builders Inc - 14621 Brougham Way, N Potomac, MD - 37978473

Hi, thank you so much for your review and feedback. It was truly a pleasure working with you! On most projects the homeowners choose and provide their finishes and fixtures so it was fun to be able to put together all of the finishes and fixtures for your approval. Also it’s very rare to be able to work for a few weeks while the homeowner is out of town. It felt like an accomplishment to be able to complete the project while you where away . We appreciate you trusting us and allowing us to work in your home to finish the project while you were out of town. It was always a pleasure in all of our conversations and exchanges and I greatly appreciate that. Thank you for allowing us to layout, design and install your entire new basement bathroom.

03/22/2019

Julia M.

We hired Matthew and his team to completely gut and renovate our small master bathroom. Very generally, the experience was a positive one. The good: - Matthew and his subcontractor were extremely responsive to emails, texts, and calls - If we pointed out something that we thought wasn't quite perfect, they were happy to fix it - trash was removed fairly regularly and they would always tidy up the work/ storage area if asked (mostly when it was spilling into our walkway) - They always called to ask before adding extra work to the contract, even if it was clearly necessary (i.e. sistering some beams that had dry rot) - bills and itemized receipts were produced promptly and regularly - the estimate for labor was spot-on and we didn't feel like we were upsold - the additional costs came from things we had either anticipated or agreed were necessary (some beam sistering, replacing the ceiling, finding an alternate way to vent a new fan) The bad: - our project manager was only on-site a couple times a week and not for very long, which meant there was no direct supervision of the guys doing the work - it felt like every day or every other day we had to point out stuff that needed to be fixed - a crooked tile, missing waterproofing, regular tile used where there should have been bullnose - which was frustrating - they frequently ran out of things or discovered new supplies they needed that had to be ordered (shower valves, more tile, etc.), leading to delays - the work took about twice as long as they had first estimated Overall, I understand that some of these frustrations and difficulties are just part of dealing with a renovation. While I would have preferred not to have to nudge them about items so frequently, I certainly felt like they were treating us fairly in terms of cost and appreciated the responsiveness.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category electrician,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/28/2019

Thanks for your review with valuable information and great feedback! I always see the feedback good or bad as a real way to see how we are doing well and ways to do better. Sometimes expectations are met or exceeded and sometimes expectations are not realized. Expectations and important aspects for a homeowner will always vary based on each individual. I have adopted a habit to ask what is most important so we can make sure these important factors are met. This project had a good bit of surprises that added time to the project along with details that where changed or added. Our time estimate is based on other similar bathrooms but can easily change if anything is added or changed. We have learned to communicate as additional time becomes required and have found this is very helpful with the creating flexible expectations of our clients. Your review has sparked some insight and ideas and I greatly appreciate it! Blessings!

02/21/2019

Marie P.

Went very well. The project manager did a good job and took care of all our needs.

Description of Work
Re-did bathroom. Put in new wood, tiled whole shower area, new hardware, new vanity, new toilet, painted bathroom, new exhaust fan, tiled outside shower floor.

Category handyman service,home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/21/2019

Thank you for your great review! Leo your project manager has been with me for 17 years and pays attention to detail and quality. He’s very knowledgeable in all aspects and tends to be very helpful by offering ideas and expertise. We look forward to our next project with you and Leo will be your project manager again. Blessings!

Remodeling & home renovation. Bath & kitchen remodeling. Additions. Damage repair. Handyman. Flooring. Termite control. Doors & windows. Decks & porches. Painting. Trim. Basements.

Wallpapering.