We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Cedarbrook Outdoor Design/Build

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2007

2303 Back Acre Cir

Mount Airy, MD 21771

Cedarbrook has been named by REMODELING Magazine to its 2019 Big50 Class of America’s Top Remodelers! Big50 remodelers run successful companies of various sizes that have taken the lead in raising industry standards. Since the Big50 program began, REMODELING has selected about 1,600 firms for Big50 status, approximately less than 2% of all remodeling businesses in the country today! Cedarbrook Outdoor Design/Build is a family owned and locally respected company specializing in designing and building custom outdoor spaces. When creating your deck, porch, or other custom outdoor space, we design a style that works for you! Our team of master carpenters will turn your design into your own custom outdoor space. Together with a custom deck or porch project, you will have the option to add custom features to accent your deck such as benches, gates, planter boxes, landscaping, walkways, retaining walls, and patio work. If you are interested in adding a custom outdoor space to your home, Cedarbrook Outdoor Design/Build offers the highest quality materials and service at competitive pricing. Our team believes in a hands-on customer-oriented approach that ensures a personal touch with all our projects. We provide our customers with professional designs and building plans so they have a hand in the planning of their deck or porch project. Cedarbrook offers a 5-year workmanship warranty guaranteed against defects resulting from improper workmanship. Additional services for your convenience including permit service and design only agreements. Reach out today to schedule a free consultation!...

03/17/2021

Dean M.

This job was done 10.5 years ago as of 2021. The finished product turned out great but its the behind the scenes experience that what unsatisfactory thus the three stars. Job was overpriced by comparison but we like to think you get what you pay for and C. Brook had lots of great reviews and seemed like a quality group. It took longer than expected but that comes with the territory. Punch list included lots of leaks in the porch roof and after many return visits and gutter alterations the water coming in staining the ceiling and bulk head where fixed. Recently ( 10.5 years after install ) we've had issues with the steps off of the back porch, deck boards and fascia boards coming loose. We called Mike and he came out to take a look. Most of the pressure treated joists used are completely water damaged. He explained it was partly due to the way they constructed it ( which they have since changed ) and that there is a warranty that can be used for the wood they sourced. Cedarbook wanted a very high price to do the repairs, ( compared to the other estimates we have obtained ) and told us that we had to handle all aspects of the warranty ourselves. A very disappointing response overall.

Description of Work
Covered deck and pavers

Category contractors, decks, sunrooms, hardscaping, patios

12/05/2019

Myles P.

It was very good. They were professional. They were on time. They were thorough. They did what they said they would do.

Description of Work
They rebuilt my front steps.

Category decks

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate the time it takes to do so and are very happy to hear how pleased your are with the work we did for you. Thank you for being a valued Cedarbrook customer. Jon Dawson - Marketing Manager

Nancy R.

it Went beautifully. CedarBrook is a wonderful company. All the employees I encountered were very nice, talented. I am very satisfied

Description of Work
Deck replacement

Category decks

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate the time it takes to do so and are very happy to hear how pleased your are with the work we did for you. Thank you for being a valued Cedarbrook customer, be sure to tell your family and friends who are looking to improve the outdoor space! Jon Dawson - Marketing Manager

Lynn C.

Terrific craftsmanship and attention to detail Excellent customer service

Description of Work
Deck replacement

John H.

They did not build to the plan that we agreed on. They left a mess in the yard when they stopped working. Overall the quality was not worth the high price tag.

Description of Work
Building deck

Category decks

We appreciate the feedback and apologize that you have had a less than stellar experience with our company. We can only improve our business and service through feedback from our clients and appreciate you taking the time. - Jon Dawson, Marketing Manager

Brad and Jennifer M.

Great, very accommodating, crew was professional, and the work was competed on time and budget.

Description of Work
Deck and Patio

Amelia H.

Could not have gone better. CedarBrook was very professional and prompt. They assigned a different supervisor to manage the various phases of the project. This allowed each supervisor to know the details of each phase. They always did what I asked and never forgot any detail of my instructions. All phases were completed perfectly, and every step was done right the first time. All my questions got answered promptly by the relevant supervisor. CedarBrook personnel demonstrated the highest level of integrity. I wish some companies I’ve worked with could learn how it’s done from them.

Description of Work
N/A

05/24/2018

Stephanie R.

It went very well. We were having construction done at our house as well at the time and coordinating with them took a little time but over all everything was done well and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
A new patio with retaining wall and waterfall and an outdoor kitchen

Category decks, landscaping, hardscaping, outdoor kitchens

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and the work we did for you. We appreciate your time and are thankful for our customers. Your project looks amazing!

Elaine O.

Excellent workmanship. Very pleased

Description of Work
Resurfaced large existing deck with composite product, new railings and some landscaping work to divert water away from the deck/house

Category decks, landscaping

Thank you for reviewing our company and the work we did for you. We appreciate your time very much.

KATHLEEN M.

They were quick, and professional. Patio took a few weeks before install, but complete in 2-3 days. I would absolutely hire Mike and Cedarwood again to complete a project in the future.

Description of Work
patio pavers

Ralph M.

Great, I always get compliments on the overall quality of construction of my deck and patio. Our favorite spot at home is outside on our patio.

Description of Work
Deck and Patio

Category decks, patios

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and the work we did for you. We appreciate our customers.

Robert W.

Very professional; timely completion of work; very high quality of craftsmanship; easy to work with. Excellent at producing detailed, understandable plans, with parameters of the bid clearly spelled out and fulfillment in every detail. After nearly 10 years of use the patio needed some cleaning and touch up work from erosion. They completed this work with the same degree of care and competence. I recommend Cedarbrook most highly and without reservation.

Description of Work
Had large paver patio, walls, steps and pathway built; after ten years had it cleaned and touched up where necessary.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Thank you for reviewing our company and the work we did for you. We appreciate your time and are thankful for our customers.

KATHLEEN M.

THE OWNER HELPED ME WITH MY VISION OF CREATING A PATIO THAT WOULD BRING TWO OUTDOOR SPACES TOGETHER! IT'S PERFECT. THEY WERE PROFESSIONAL, PROMPT, AND IT CAME OUT FANTASTIC. EVERYONE LOVES THE PATIO WHEN THEY COME OVER FOR BACKYARD COOKOUTS. THANK YOU AGAIN, CEDARBROOK!

Description of Work
PAVER PATIO

Category patios

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and the work we did for you. We greatly appreciate our customers!

Beth S.

Great service. Looks beautiful. One railing is a little bent but I haven’t called yet. Cedarbrook was great! Mike was really good about presenting the options. The crew was timely and professional. They came out afterwards to explain the cleaning process.

Description of Work
Redoing my deck

Category decks

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and the work we did for you. We appreciate your time.

08/07/2017

James M.

would not come out and wanted to charge $125 if they had to give an estimate

Description of Work
deck replacement

06/05/2017

Amanda C.

They were extremely quick, efficient and do outstanding work. I had some follow-up questions and Mike is very patient and responds very quickly. This is the second time we've had them come out and do work and each time is a pleasure. I highly recommend them and will go back to them anytime we have additional work like this.

Description of Work
They completely removed an old wood retaining wall/patio and replaced with stone wall, paver patio and built-in fire pit.

Category decks, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

05/22/2017

Matt B.

Perfect. Extremely professional and was in and out in a week. Kept work site very organized and clean. Would highly recommend the Cedarbrook team.

Description of Work
Backyard Patio, Fire Pit, Lighting and Small landing deck with Stairs out my mud room door.

Category decks, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

11/28/2016

William C.

Flawless from start to finish! Excellent crew and management. I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Deck replacement

11/05/2016

Bill H.

The work has been performed very well. Workers carefully removed the wood board from existing deck surface, and layout the timbertrak board very nicely. Thanks for the great job.

Description of Work
reface the deck with composite material

11/04/2016

Gretchen B.

Excellent. Cedarbrook owners and staff are professional, curteous, and timely. The quality of the work was exceptional. All of our needs were met. Cedarbrook really goes above and beyond. They are a very trustworthy company and we would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
We had a deck built

07/27/2016

Dave W.

Wonderful. Entire organization was a pleasure to deal with. We LOVE our deck. Even with a last minute change, CedarBrook accommodated without complaint. Each day, the crew cleaned the job site, and were sensitive to the grounds and plant life. Job finished on time and on budget. Workmanship was spot-on. All the joints, miter cuts, etc were clean and tight. We would surely recommend CedarBrook to family, friends, and neighbors. It is high quality work, high quality people, at a fair, competitive price.

Description of Work
Suggested ideas/materials for the project, began project on time, completed on time, on budget. Replace entire deck and side porch.

03/03/2016

Kim L.

I can't speak more highly of a person or company. During the course of planning my deck upgrade, I got estimates from a few different companies and a friend that did decks on the side. No one came close to the expertise and professionalism that Mike A. showed me. He was very kind, helpful, not pushy at all and even walked around my house with me to go over my different options. He was very thorough. He offered suggestions on ways I could save money and why he would suggest doing things a certain way over other ways. When he left, I felt like I had just met someone I could trust. He even followed up a couple months later to see if I had any further questions. Although, I wasn't able to schedule the service at the time due to some unexpected family financial issues that came up, I will definitely be calling them when I am ready to pull the trigger on my new deck. I was very impressed with Mike and appreciate the time he has spent with me thus far. I can't wait to work with them in the future. If you are considering interviewing several companies for your job, I'd highly suggest you give Mike A. and Cedarwood a chance. I think you'll be impressed too.

Description of Work
Mike from Cedarbrook came out and discussed options with regards to updating my current deck. He also provided a draft design and a rough estimate based on the information he gathered.

Category decks

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We greatly appreciate the feedback. Sincerely, Kristen Arneson Office Manager

07/16/2015

Amanda C.

We initially called Mike to come out and give us a quote about replacing our deck that was severely run down. The second he saw the area, he asked us how we felt about not replacing the deck and instead going in a different direction. He had an immediate vision on how to improve the overall look of the outside of the house. He designed amazing plans and was able to work within the constraints of our budget. Everyone we dealt with throughout the entire project was extremely professional and courteous, and they were always quick to get back to us if we had any questions. We are simply elated with how it turned out. I would not hesitate to recommend Cedarbrook for any outdoor design project. We will definitely use them again for our next outdoor area that needs updating.

Description of Work
Removed large old deck at the front of the house and replaced with retaining walls and paver walkway.

Category decks, landscaping, hardscaping

02/17/2015

Paul C.

Cedarbrook did a top notch job for us. Mike the owner provided us very useful information to help us plan the dimensions and noted the location of a vent which had to be considered in determining the height of the deck. Cederbrooks two man crew came out and in less than a week built our lovely new deck. We are very impressed with the quality of the construction and workmanship that went into it and we were thrilled to be able to enjoy our first summer on our new, beautiful deck. Everyone from the owner, to Kristen who manages the office, to the workers we built our deck were very professional and responsive. We plan to use Cedarbrook again for our future patio.

Description of Work
Cedarbrook built a deck for our new ranch style house with wraparound stairs

Category decks, patios

Hi [member information removed]- Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate the time it takes to do so and are very happy to hear how pleased your are with the work we did for you. Thank you for being a valued Cedarbrook customer. Kristen Arneson Office Manager

02/09/2015

Ralph M.

The Cedarbrook team did a great job from start to finish. We really enjoyed the overall experience and the end product is fabulous. We've had several professional craftsman and carpenters who have been amazed by the overall quality and detail to attention with our deck and patio. The quality and experience truly makes Cedarbrook standout from their competitors. I have and I would continue to recommend Cedarbrook Outdoor Design/Build services to everyone planning to create or expand their outdoor living area.

Description of Work
Full design/build for a composite deck, steps, full patio, retaining wall, sitting walls, with finished area under the deck. We really enjoyed our experience with the whole team from design through construction.

Category contractors, decks, hardscaping, patios

Thank you [member name removed] for taking the time to review our company and the work we did for you at your home. We take great pride the quality of work we do and value the relationship we create with our customers. Thank you for choosing Cedarbrook as your outdoor contractor. Sincerely, Kristen Arneson Office Manager

JCB Handyman/ Masonry

Experienced finish carpentry, framing & general handyman work. Call today for an estimate!

Offers by JCB Handyman/ Masonry on Angi
    Diversified Contractors LLC

Customer satisfaction comes first, which is why the owner is present throughout most of the construction and installation. We love what we do and we put that care into each project. We have hundreds of satisfied customers in MD, DC and Northern Virginia who will be more than happy to provide references. From simple and humble patios to vast and spacious landscapes, we always bring sophistication. Great or small, every endeavor is an honor to us and your exquisite taste is our passion.

Artistic Stamped Concrete of Maryland

Decorative concrete is a great way to get the look of natural stonework at a fraction of the price. Transform your outdoor space with decorative concrete from Artistic Stamped Concrete of Maryland, LLC. (ASCM). A family owned, local Maryland company. For more than 20 years, we have been providing quality workmanship on stamped colored concrete & hardscapes. We are a full service construction company. From design to new build or demolition to renovations. Building from your dreams, implementing a concept and turning it into a reality. Transforming outdoor living spaces from ordinary to spectacular. Let us show you what ASCM can do for you! Sustainable, green, stamped concrete, driveways, pool decks, patios, walkways hold up to the test of time. Since opening our doors, ASCM has provided expert decorative concrete design and installation throughout Maryland. Our primary goal is to provide our clients with high quality, low maintenance, affordable solutions for patios, pool decks, driveways and walkways and more also known as hardscapes. We now offer fencing and pool renovations.

Offers by Artistic Stamped Concrete of Maryland on Angi
    Maryland
    Maryland: General
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, American Express, Discover

Custom Decks, Porches, Sun Rooms, Roof Structures, Deck Resurfacing, and Outdoor Kitchens. Custom features offered in conjunction with above services include Paver Patios, Walkways, Firepits, Hardscaping, and custom woodworking services.

No minor repair work. Minimum contracted work currently at $5,000