America's Handyman Service

Founded 1990 • With Angi since February 2005

4.3

7415 Watersville Rd

Mount Airy, MD 21771

major credit cards accepted. deposits required to book work, final payments on completion. We do not mark up materials cost. What we pay is what you would pay!

07/26/2017

AJ J.

Not great. Arrived with his arm in a sling and was not able to do all the work we requested. Some clean up issues. Main thing was that the office person was very defensive and argued about the description of the work needed (told them they'd be working on a 14' ceiling). Told me they never even used the power room (I was standing in the kitchen watching him). Asked him a question about how the light fixture should be set up and was told that "it's all there in the book".

Description of Work
light fixture replacements

01/26/2016

George A.

Description of Work
I had server water damage, roughly 80% to main floor and basement and all floors in 2nd floor, and the entire home had to demised and rebuilt. Americas Handyman worked with the insurance company outlining the hidden damage from water and it was all added into the insurance payment. All work was performed professionally, on time and within the estimate.

Category water damage restoration

01/11/2016

pat M.

Description of Work
Efficient, knowledgeable and friendly!

11/17/2014

Rosa F.

Jim was able to come in and knew what needed to be done. He made suggestions on what we could do to make the home more marketable. They were extraordinary and better than anyone I have used in the past. They were perfectionists, efficient, and kind. Very considerate. They were excellent. They are customer oriented. They thought about the customer and aimed to please.

Description of Work
We were putting our house on the market. Jim helped us prepare the home for sell. They repaired a screened in porch, repaired and sanded our deck and removed a hot tub. They also did many other miscellaneous projects.

06/23/2014

Ronald C.

Description of Work
They replaced dormer windows. Was completed in one day. The job was handled as if they were working on their own property.

06/10/2014

Kelly M.

Our real estate agent recommended Jim McQuarrie, who often worked for him on properties for sale. Jim was very easy to talk to and deal with (unlike so many handyman companies, where you talk to a scheduler, but the workers' communication skills are not too good), and we thought his estimate was fair, so we hired him. The estimate was also accurate - no surprises, like and quot;Oh, we also charge an extra $40 that we didn't tell you about on the phone.and quot; As for punctuality, the property was vacant and had a lockbox, so he could come and go as he pleased. However, it is important to note that he got the work done by the date our Realtor requested, and was all done in a workmanlike fashion. Also, during one of his visits when we were also there and working on the property, he took care of some small matters which he probably could have charged for - but didn't. I added a little extra to our payment to show our appreciation. Next, the buyers' inspection came up with some rather ridiculous complaints (such as the attic drywall tape being in poor condition) and Jim, at our realtor's behest, fixed everything in time for the scheduled closing date. He also purchased and installed three new exterior light fixtures to satisfy the homeowner's association. Finally, at zero hour with the closing actually taking place, our realtor called on Jim to put an extra brace on the deck stairs, which the buyers had suddenly decided were wobbly. Jim accomplished this while the rest of us were sitting around the closing table.

Description of Work
As we were preparing a rental town house for sale, we needed a number of small repairs and installations (replacing light fixtures, installing new vanity and tile, fixing roof and deck flashing, repairing electrical outlet, etc.) We also commissioned several last-minute repairs based on the buyers' inspection.

05/12/2011

Robert G.

I looked on Angie's list and found several handyman entities. I picked this one because of other positive recommendations. They called back quickly and we set up an appointment. He dealt with my mother at her home (it was her radio that I got her for Christmas) and the rest of the story is in the prior comment.

Description of Work
The company did an excellent job of coming up with a creative solution (how to best hang and position a satellite radio antenna outside) to a vexing problem. The work was efficient, reasonably priced and well done.

01/19/2011

Susan B.

The owner and a worker gave us a great estimate and held to it. The tub was delivered with several cracks (not their fault) and they made sure to be at my house when the replacement was delivered. They left the bathroom looking like new construction rather than a repair job and took a great deal of pride in their work. The assistants were as nice as Mr. Erhardt and a pleasure to have around. I will definitely use them again for small plumbing needs. The only complaint was a very late arrival (of about 2 hours) on a day I had taken off from work. I called them and after that I was kept informed, but the delay was excessive.

Description of Work
Installed new bathtub and tile surround, repaired leak, moved on/off water switch in a closet, repaired dry wall hole left by previous plumber (when giving me an estimate)

08/11/2009

Paul K.

I changed my date 3 times, Jackie was very flexible and professional from the estimate to the work being done. The handyman was late getting to my house for the estimate by an hour, but was on time for the scheduled work day. The handyman also helped me get some materials out of the basement of my house, which he definitely wasn't obligated to do. The work completed was top-notch and looked very nice for the money. They even came into Baltimore city to do my work, which is out of their area. I highly recommend this service and am very pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
I had my kitchen ceiling patched from a leak in the 2nd floor bathroom, the flashing on my chimney was replaced, and I had a wall in my back bedroom refinished from the roof leak. I had an estimate from a roofer was that 3 times the price of what this company charged for 1/3 of the work!

03/15/2006

GREGORY G.

Communications were poor until it was time to commit to the work. Then responses to my questions were prompt and always accompanied by a request for a deposit. They did arrive as scheduled and the vent pipe flashing was repaired. However, the remainder of the work was not done satisfactorily. The weather stripping did little to block the air at the doors. The ceiling repair was fine but paint was applied to wall in error and not repainted. The other ceiling was not painted at the edges, I assume because they did not want a repeat of the previously mentioned problem. The weather was cold and it was not unreasonable to wait on the shingles but I have heard nothing from them about this work since they left. I was not home when the work was done and my wife paid as per the contract. I emailed them about the aforementioned punchlist items but received no response. I have tried to contact them but my calls have gone unanswered.

Description of Work
Replace collar on vent pipe; weatherstrip two doors; repair damaged sheetrock ceiling and paint; paint a second ceiling; replace missing shingles

12/19/2005

ROMA B.

THEY DID A GOOD JOB, BUT THE COST WAS SO MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECTED. THE GUTTER FELL DOWN AND IT COST ME 275 DOLLARS TO GET IT PUT BACK UP BY THIS COMPANY. THEY WERE OK FOR WHAT THEY DID. THEY DID AN AVERAGE JOB.

Description of Work
THEY CAME AND PUT UP A GUTTER THAT FELL DOWN.

Category gutter repair

02/15/2005

LINDA L.

WORK WAS PERFORMED WELL.

Description of Work
SEALED PIPES ON ROOF.

FreshStep LLC

I am a certified Mold inspector and Remediator. My company, FreshStep Moldand Carpet Cleaning, has a 5 star rating on Google, Home Advisor, and Angies List. Specializing in carpet cleaning, duct cleaning, water damage restoration and mold removal. Estimates are free for homeowners and availability is based on your needs. We are licensed, bonded, and insured. Feel free to call the office and speak with me directly at 240-551-6802. The office is located in Capitol Heights and open until 6pm. Also check out our Facebook profile for pictures and customer comments.

RestoreUnow

WATER, FIRE & MOLD Damage Restoration & Clean-up Services! When disaster strikes your home or business, you need an experienced professional company to restore your property back to pre-loss condition. We offer immediate disaster response and can work with your insurance company. Having a disaster happen can be a traumatic time in your life and we understand every aspect of this. Our goal is to not only restore your home or business properly but to also ease your mind. From the initial phone call until after we've completed the work, we promise you'll be completely satisfied. We urge you to take a few moments to read our reviews, learn about our services, and contact us with any questions you may have.

Shanco Companies Inc

At Shanco Companies we want to be your go to company for everything home improvement, remodeling and repair. We specialize in meeting the needs of the homeowner. It is our mission to provide outstanding customer service, with emphasis on getting the job done right and done quickly the first time. Customer Satisfaction is Our # 1 Goal.

Award 2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Gutter cleaning and repair, doors, painting, carpentry, bathroom remodel & basement finishing.