Shary's Plumbing, LLC.

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2006

3401 KEMPTOWN CHURCH ROAD

Monrovia, MD 21770

Small Business - 9 employees 24-hour Emergency Line - 301-229-6695 Woman Licensed, Owned & Managed Company. Plumbing, Drain Cleaning, Gas Fitting, WSSC Backflow Certified...

01/22/2019

Lawrence B.

Our toilet kept getting stopped up. Another plumber snaked, but said we really needed a new toilet, which didn't make sense to us. Shary's came out promptly, identified the problem and repaired it. We haven't had any problems with the toilet since the repair. I will definitely continue to use Shary's.

Description of Work
Toilet repair.

Category drain cleaning

09/14/2018

Laurie W.

After calling one of the big name companies and getting no relief, we called Shary’s and explained the problem. We had water backing up in toilets and showers. They sent a crew out the next day (a Friday) who diagnosed the problem and put in a temporary fix. Due to days of heavy rain, they couldn’t come back until Tuesday, but called to check in with us and to make sure the temp fix was working. On Tuesday morning a crew came, carefully cut a section out of my driveway, removed and saved plants from my flowerbed, and more importantly, did not have to alter my front porch. They fixed the pipe that same day. The crew was friendly, polite, very neat and hard workers. I cannot stress enough how happy we are with their work and strongly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior septic drain pipe replaced

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Thanks so much for the review-so happy that Sean and Chris were able to take care of you! We look forward to working with you in the future. Best, Shary's Plumbing Team

03/29/2018

Lawrence B.

We were going to move the toilet, and called Shary's because they were recommended by a contractor. The first surprise was that I spoke to Carl Peterson, who had done very good work in our home years ago when he had his own company. He provided good advice on the phone, and Shary's had a plumber at our house same day to review the project. He carefully reviewed what we were considering and advised us that it would be very expensive if it could be done at all, explained everything involved, and offered possible alternatives. We didn't do the project, but I will definitely call Shary's again if we need plumbing serviicesll

Description of Work
Consult on moving toilet in small powder room.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Thank you for the review- glad we could help and we look forward to working with you in the future. Best, Shary's Plumbing Team

02/01/2017

Lee A.

It was a complicated thing I think because they had to make sure everything was safe, where did the water go, the electricity behind the wall, and tell us all the different steps. They may have even referred us to different vendors because first you had to start out with the water and then you had to bring in electrician for all the stuff that got wet to make sure it was safe. The toilet started dripping and went in the floor. We got multiple bids. We thought they were reasonable. We would recommend them. It was not the deal of a lifetime but reasonable. I don't recall having any problems. They came when they said they would show up. They probably called first. I think they were fine. The people on the phone was also very good about coming up with the date and explaining the charges. The people that came to the house were careful and put things down so things would not get dirty.

Description of Work
They repaired a leak.

Category plumbing

Thank you! I am glad we could get the job taken care of for you. -Shary's Plumbing Management

09/01/2016

OONA S.

I think three or four years ago we had a big leak into the kitchen and we had to figure out where it was coming from and stuff like that.

Description of Work
I used Shary's Plumbing, Llc. for water heaters.

Category water heater repair

06/27/2016

Anne C.

...We also needed a part to fix our sink. They said they would order the part; I could easily install it. It seemed like such a simple matter. But many pleading phone calls and emails later over a period of several months were to no avail. After several months of effort (and their empty promises), we just gave up. All the while, Sharys Plumbing never was apologetic; in fact, they always acted completely indifferent to our situation. I can't recall ever being treated so unprofessionally...not just by a plumber, but by ANY contractor. How people like this stay in business is a mystery to me.

Description of Work
The initial repair work to find and stop a leak was performed satisfactorily, though it took two separate visits. However...

07/14/2015

Cathy D.

Service was excellent, efficient, and reasonably priced. Love the fact that this is a woman-owned business.

Description of Work
Fixed leaking shut-off in basement for outside faucet; fixed leaking laundry tub drain pipe; replaced 3 toilet flappers; checked all faucets for leaks.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for the great review, glad Troy could get everything you needed done!

06/14/2015

Barbara P.

The plumber dragged the toilet across the marble floor of the bathroom, leaving a deep scratch in the marble. After three requests, Shary came to the house and looked at the damage, promising to get back to us. Despite repeated follow-up, she never got back to us. I then wrote a letter suggesting that she pay me $500 to close the complaint. She did not have the good manners to respond. All of this was particularly disappointing (and infuriating) because we had been a customer of Shary's since the firm was established. But we will never use them again.

Description of Work
Shary's person re-installed a toilet after it had been disconnected to allow a wall paper installer to work behind the toilet tank.

08/08/2014

Amy L.

I'm just flat out disappointed. My company REALLY wanted to work with a woman owned/operated plumbing company and it was overall just so incredibly disappointing. I REALLY hate to say that as a woman owned development company but it's the fact.

Description of Work
After NUMEROUS efforts to contact this business and finally getting a call back after about the 4th go around, I was then stood up for the appointment we made. Then, because I'm a super forgiving person and very much wanted to work with a woman plumber, I actually rescheduled. Shoot me right? So then i take the time out of my day yet again to meet one of the guys who work for this company...then just never heard back from them. This job was for a sizable apartment building meaning more than 20k job likely and they just bagged it.

Category plumbing

I am sorry that you found us disappointing. I see that you stated this was from three years ago but just now reviewed our company- we would love for you to give us another try and hopefully we could successfully help you. Thanks!

07/03/2014

Carol H.

The service tech crawled behind my furnace and had to stand on duck work in a unbelievably difficult space to replace my pipes. He did so in order to not have to cut into my wall. I honestly don't believe anyone else would have even attempted to get back there. He also stayed and tested it to make sure there were no other leaks and that it worked properly. I would use them again!

Description of Work
I had a cooper waste pipe that had two holes in it, he came in and replaced it with PVC piping.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for your review! Drew is a great plumber and always makes sure to do everything he can to complete the job in the best possible way for the customer :) -Shary's Plumbing, LLC.

03/18/2014

I-Tien Y.

This was one of the worst experiences I have had with a provider that I got from Angie's list. I called the service on Sunday night to help with the hot water heater that was not working, on a unit that was less than two years old that they installed. The technician called back and walked me through resetting the hot water heater. That would have been great, if that was the correct way to reset. It was a relatively new unit that the technician did not have experience with. He later called back and said that he thought i needed a new igniter. He said they would order a part and schedule a service call on Tuesday. On late Monday, I called them to see when the appointment would be. They had not ordered the part yet and said that it would be Wednesday before the part came in, IF they overnighted it at a cost of $50; the part was free since it was under warranty, but overnight shipping was not. (Perhpas if they had ordered earlier in the day, the part would have been available Tuesday, as per my conversation with the technician). Then a little while later the receptionist called back and suggested that the technician come out on Tuesday for a diagnostic service. Well, I believed the person who told me that I needed the igniter, and I felt that may mean two trips out, with two service charges, so I asked them just to send the person when they had the part in hand, and that way, if that was the problem, they could fix it with one service call. Plus I work and do not have time to wait around twice. So Wednesday rolls around, and at the appointed time, I called them to see what was up. They somehow had the part shipped to the wrong address and had to retrieve it from elsewhere. Now they blamed UPS. I do not know if that was true or if someone gave the wrong address. In any case, it was very late before the part was retrieved. The technician did come out that night, but obviously had no idea what he was doing. After cutting wires and installing the new igniter, it still did not work. He blamed me for not letting them do the diagnostic service first!!! I expected him to do the diagnostics when he arrived, not to willy-nilly install a part if that was not the correct thing to do. I had agreed to pay for the shipping, which by the way, when I talked to the manufacturer, they said that they charge $10-30 for overnight shipping (this was a small part and I expect the lower end of the price range was what the company actually charged). So anyway, by the end of the service visit, the technician then decided that it was a gas valve that needed to be replaced and he would have to order that and he would call me the next day to let me know the status of it. Well, in the late after noon of the next day, I still had not heard from them and had to contact them to see what was going on. He said that the manufacturer did not want to send a part but required that he be at the hot water heater with a technical representative. When I heard that, I called the manufacturer myself and talked to the service agent. They instructed me on the CORRECT way to reset, which I could not do, because the technician had left the hot water heater in a non-functional state. And the manufacturer gave me the names of a couple of AUTHORIZED repair companies in the local area. I called one of them, who was able to come out the next day and fixed it without any additional parts and without any hassle. It ended up to have taken an entire week to work through, with no hot water in the house in the winter. My problem was that I called the WRONG SERVICE PROVIDER who did not have anyone trained to repair this hot water heater but charged me anyway for someone who left it a MESS!

Description of Work
I called the service because the hot water heater that they had installed in 2012 was not working. A company member came by to install a part that was unnecessary and left the water heater without having fixed the problem.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

03/03/2014

RICK H.

They were prompt and completed the work well

Description of Work
Unplugged a stopped up toilet in the powder room on the main level

02/15/2014

Maria W.

The first visit from Shary's to work on my seven year old tankless hot water heater was in December. The plumber arrived late and didn't have the pump to descale the hot water heater, so he said if the cleaning did not work, he'd come back out to descale. It didn't work. I scheduled the second visit, leaving a key when they called to say they'd be late again, but the plumber never came and also never called to say he couldn't make it and needed to reschedule. After the problem persisted, I called to find out for sure that they didn't show (I wasn't home afterall) and indeed no one had come. The third appointment, the plumber is on time and equipped with a pump to descale the hot water heater, yet today I was greeted with a freezing cold shower. $600 later, my hot water heater still only works part of the time. I could schedule a fourth visit, but at this point, I am not sure they are worth my time or money. After sinking $600 in to a company that still has not fixed my issue, it might be best to move on to a new plumber. On the positive side, the plumber who visited my home was friendly and professional. What they did do appears to have been done well.

Description of Work
On 12/4 cleaned burner assembly and manifold and fan assembly on tankless hot water heater. On 2/12 descaled same hot water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

12/24/2013

Sherry R.

I couldn't be happier. I called at 7:30 am and they answered the phone. The receptionist said someone would be here between 9-12. They arrived early!!! He had treats for our 110lb dog. He was just lovely. Worked quietly and neatly. Pleasant and professional.

Description of Work
Cleared my drain on Christmas Eve

07/24/2013

Judy B.

We weren't aware of the issue until Friday and unfortunately they were not able to come on that day but Shary called to make sure that it wasn't an emergency and could wait until first thing Monday morning. Good customer service! Two plumbers came Monday and I was impressed to see that they took their boots off even though they made many trips back and forth to the truck for different items. The work was done quickly, professionally and at a lesser cost than I expected. I love using local companies for work and Shary's Plumbing has always been great to deal with. We are very happy with their services and have recommended them to many of our neighbors.

Description of Work
We were having issues with an upstairs toilet that was clogging as well as possibly leaking into a closet ceiling downstairs. They determined that the problem stemmed from a past construction issue and open vent so they fixed it with suggestions given on how to keep the upstairs energy efficient toilet from clogging.

07/18/2013

Pilar S.

They were very good. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Come out to fix my garbage disposal and the ice maker for the fridge

06/19/2013

Blane C.

Went very well and kept us warm. When the parts came in the replacement made it even better.

Description of Work
Tuned up heating boiler and identified parts that needed to be replaced, like pressure gage and overflow tank.

04/22/2013

Janeen D.

Our toilet would not stop running. Tried some self-maintenance, but could not diagnose the problem, so I shut off the water to the toilet. Called Shary's on Monday morning; they were able to send someone out the next day. Had a scheduled time, but was called after an earlier appointment ended sooner than expected, so plumber was able to get here earlier. When he turned the water on, there was no running, but since I already had a spare flushing valve mechanism, he installed it for me. He also gave me some suggestions as to diagnosing for next time, as well as some opinions on different fill valve mechanisms (ours is a Toto, but he commended FluidMaster) in case this happens again. Charge was in line with what I would have expected for a service call.

Description of Work
Toilet water would not stop filling. Plumber spent time diagnosing, then replacing a fill valve mechanism (that we already had purchased).

04/18/2013

Rebecca J.

Frank came to my house to consult on my plumbing problem, which was another company's snake stuck in the pipes of my house. I'd only lived in my house for 4 months so I knew nothing about my pipes. He was clearly very experienced at his job, was kind and patient and saved me literally thousands of dollars from the mistake another plumber made, and that plumbers expensive, poorly designed plan. He helped me figure out a smart plan to retrieve the other company's snake. After that was done over the weekend, I called back and a second plumber, Carl, came and snaked my pipe properly. They both gave good, solid advice on the problem at hand and on what future action I should take to prevent future clogs. Plumbing problems are scary, as insurance doesn't cover them, and plumbers are expensive. Shary's employees were professional, kind, and had integrity. I would definitely trust them again, particularly if you have a difficult problem. I won't use another plumbing company again, especially as I live in an old townhome in DC, which is bound to have esoteric problems crop up.

Description of Work
Shary's helped me remedy the problem of retrieving another plumbers pipe snake from my pipes, then snaked my pipes properly once that was achieved.

02/04/2013

Judy P.

Frank found a leak that was hidden in the kitchen wall that other companies had been unable to locate. He was very prompt and left everything clean. This was our first time using Shary Plumbing and they will definitely be our plumbers from now on.

Description of Work
Very pleased with Shary

01/20/2013

Barton W.

I called for regular service. They were able to schedule me for next day service. The plumber was on-time, very professional and evaluated the overall condition of water heater including age (13 yr) and cost for replacement with additional costs to bring up to code during replacement. Service was very fast.

Description of Work
Replace water heater pressure valve

09/21/2012

Bruce E K.

They were excellent. They were very knowledgable and the price was excellent. They were very responsive when I called and asked questions. When I had a question about something particular, Shary herself called me back. The attention to customer satisfaction was very good. And we have had no problems with what they did.

Description of Work
We had an irrigation system installed. They did the plumbing part of it which was a submeter and backflow preventer.

08/08/2012

Jim T.

Every project that Shary's does for us is always a positive experience from start to finish, and the results always meet or exceed expectation. Moreover, Shary's personnel are careful not to track dirt into homes, and always leave their work areas looking clean and neat.

Description of Work
Shary's replaced our sewer line, and over the years have provided fixes and repairs ranging from repairing leaky shower valve, unclogging pipe, and replacing hot water heater and generator gas pipe. We would not consider using anyone else. Shary's personnel are extremely professional, reliable, courteous, respectful and efficient. Shary's pricing may be higher some of its competition, but you get what you pay for and more. Shary and her employees get to know their clients, and when you have a problem, especially an emergency, they are going to take care of you, period.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

07/20/2012

Amanda Z.

They were great. They were on time. They were professional. They got the job done at a very reasonable amount of time. They were very prompt. It was easy to schedule.

Description of Work
Shary's Plumbing replaced two hose bibbs and fixed two small things.

03/20/2012

M M.

Shary's worked directly with Paul Davis Restoration and our insurance company to replace 2 hot water heaters in our utility room. The heaters had been surrounded by fire and soaked by the fire fighters' water hoses. Shary's came and inspected the water heaters, ordered 2 new water heaters, and installed the water heaters. They were professional, polite, knowledgeable, prompt, etc. They changed out the water heaters in a day and the job went smoothly. We appreciate the help that Shary's Plumbing provided to us after we had just experienced a housefire!

Description of Work
Shary's plumbing replaced 2 hot water heaters that had been damaged in a house fire. ( Note: We do not know the exact cost of the work that Shary's Plumbing did because it was submitted to our home insurance company. However, we did have a deductible.)

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

A-1 Trenchless Services LLC

Give us a call you'll like our prices !! We are a family owned and operated business, offering expert service for 31 years. I personally supervise, as owner of this company all projects, for example: water and sewer line replacement, sewer and drain cleaning, hydro jet and cast iron pipe descaling and pipe bursting excavation. We take pride in turning a very unpleasant experience into a satisfying outcome. free estimates

Solutions in Aqua Services/American Water Pro

Expert water specialists that will solve your problem 100% guaranteed, making Solutions In Aqua the leader in water treatment, water softeners, filtration and purification, water testing and diagnostics, whether city or well water. We also specialize in pressure issues, pressure tanks, well line repair, well pumps, since 1984 in the MD, VA, WV areas. #1 in customer satisfaction, we offer an unparalled level of knowledge and professionalism. The best warranties, low price guarantee and 100% satisfaction are just a few reasons why we have such a loyal customer base. We work with you to support your equipment with our Service Reminder Program and are happy to support the do it yourselfer. We offer in house financing with no interest payments and accept on line payments as well as all major credit cards. Referrals are our only business, no paid advertisements or sales commissions, resulting in quality, not quantity.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Available, American Express

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Shary's Plumbing, LLC.

How is Shary's Plumbing, LLC. overall rated?

Shary's Plumbing, LLC. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Shary's Plumbing, LLC. open?

Shary's Plumbing, LLC. is open:

What payment options does Shary's Plumbing, LLC. provide

Shary's Plumbing, LLC. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Available, American Express

Does Shary's Plumbing, LLC. offer free estimates?

No, Shary's Plumbing, LLC. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Shary's Plumbing, LLC. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Shary's Plumbing, LLC. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Shary's Plumbing, LLC. offer emergency services?

Yes, Shary's Plumbing, LLC. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Shary's Plumbing, LLC.?

No, Shary's Plumbing, LLC. does not offer warranties.

What services does Shary's Plumbing, LLC. offer?

Shary's Plumbing, LLC. offers the following services: Residential & commercial, any & all plumbing, drain cleaning, gas fitting & backflow prevention work, new installation, service, repair, replacement of fixtures, faucets, water services, sewer services, well pumps & lines, remodeling kitchens, laundry rooms, & bathrooms, water heaters, disposals & water treatment systems.