Bayside Electric Co

Founded 1995 • With Angi since April 2009

101 Bodan Rd

Millersville, MD 21108

Bayside Electric Company is family-owned & operated by Father and Son, Tony and AJ Braun. Tony Braun learned the Electrical trade while working for BGE many years ago and continued to hone his skills through training and many years of experience. Known for being meticulous and a great

10/28/2016

Robert S.

Overall it went okay. They came out and ran the line. Turned out the wrong gauge wire was run. Tony came back out and corrected the problem at no additional cost. Work was great as usual.

Description of Work
Added a 50 amp line to a 14-50 plug for a 240v Electric Vehicle Charging station. About a 50 foot run.

05/18/2016

Laurie S.

Tony and AJ showed up on time. They were very friendly and got right to work. Because the original ceiling fan was not installed properly, AJ had to make do with what was installed in the ceiling. He explained everything as he did it and did not push for an option that I didn't want. The end result is just what I wanted. Both Tony and AJ were very professional. I highly recommend them for electrical work and will call them in the future for other projects.

Description of Work
installation of ceiling fan, new light switches and GFI outlet installation

03/20/2016

STEPHEN AND DEBORAH D.

I did not use them. Please stop asking me to review this company.

Description of Work
Nothing - The only reason I am filling this out is because the Angies List website continues to send me reminders to rate this company. I originally purchased an Angie's List deal to replace a bathroom fan with this company. However, it turned out that I could get a better price elsewhere so I did not use the deal. I do not remember exactly when all this happened but it was a year or two ago. I hope this entry will stop the Angies List reminders to rate the service.

11/30/2015

MARK W.

Job was exactly as requested and exactly as quoted. New wiring was run from outside and up to the second floor. Not a huge job but AJ was friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and prompt. Job was completed within the timeframe and dollar amount originally estimated. Nothing bad to report and I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Wire and outlet installation.

11/14/2015

Robert S.

I had two electrical outlets on my deck that had stopped working. One had it's gasket corroded and water got in tripping the GFCI for the sockets. AJ came and replaced the sockets, and put new updated covers on them. Switches work great now. AJ was quick and on time.

Description of Work
Fixed and updated two outdoor electrical sockets.

10/12/2015

Constance J C.

Extremely easy- Work was done by AJ - who is excellent - like his Dad- Tony. I knew where I wanted the light installed ( to provide light on a dark side of the house) and AJ was able to do just that- and it was a bit of challenge placing the light- and he did that very well. Very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Install a motion detector flood light. They had installed 2 others (years back) and now they installed a 3rd one.

09/07/2015

James P.

The technician replaced an outside light fixture in a prompt and competent manner. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Replaced an outside light fixture.

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

09/04/2015

Russell B.

You supplied only one contractor for the service I wanted. I entered details of the work on the on-line form. The contractor has not called me. I would like to cancel my subscription to Angies List and get a refund of the $7.98 fee. (Please note: I am not certain if the name of the contractor is correct. However, I expected to receive more than one referral from you so your service was of no value to me).

Description of Work
Never contacted me.

08/31/2015

Ali D.

I had worked with this father/son duo when we first moved in. For the most part, I was satisfied for the work they provided. So when I needed more work I called them to get an estimate. This time, however, the father has retired and son is running the show. It took almost 10 days to get him to get an estimate. When I mentioned that some of my plugs that his team installed were no longer working...he said he would have to charge me a service fee. I declined...the funny thing is that another electrician guided me to the GFE outlets and instructed me to reset it...he did it on the spot and charged me nothing! I received the estimate a few days later via email. His estimate was 3.5k (nearly 2k more than my other estimates). As long as the son is in charge I would NOT recommend this company! I went with another electrician, Weisman that was highly rated on Angie's list. Their work was great and the team was professional. Save yourself headaches and $$$...go with someone else.

Description of Work
Estimate only.

08/20/2015

Richard L.

We had a defected GFIC outlet in the kitchen. My son who has a lot of electrical experience replaced the outlet, but it still did not work because there was another shorted outlet somewhere on the GFIC line. My son spent i/2 a day trying to find the defected ectricoutlet, but could not find it. Bayside Electric had a $100 dollar special offer,including service call. They came the next day and within an hour found the defected outlet and reconnected the GFIC outlet which during our troubleshooting experience .had gotten rewired incorrectly. The technician who came (the Bayside Electric owners son) was very ptofessional and experienced. I highly recommend them and would not hesitate to call them in the future if I have another problem.

Description of Work
Repaired a shorted electrical outlet (replaced outlet) and wired a GFIC outlet we had instslled incorrectly.

Category electrician

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate it.

08/03/2015

David L.

AJ arrived on time, asked about the issue and how it happened. Performed an inspection and then repaired the issue. We will be using their services again to install new fans.

Description of Work
Repaired power outage to one circuit unit.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thank you for the great review.

08/03/2015

Belinda F.

Excellent customer service. No problem setting up appointment. Provider was on time, installs were quick and no mess left behind. I will definitely use Bayside in the future for my electrical needs. I would rate Bayside with an A++.

Description of Work
Installed 9 ceiling fans.

07/31/2015

craig P.

I decided to have him replace the bathroom fan motor instead of replacing the whole fan. They advertised the whole fan for $249.00 but it was smaller than the existing fan which would have left an inch opening on one side if it was installed. I decided to have the motor replaced instead for more money. Not a good deal.

Description of Work
replace a bathroom fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

We offered you a different option because if drywall repair. You had a larger fan in there than we were advertising so we replaced the motor. The price of parts is out of control we gave to the best deal we could as we do all our customers.

07/29/2015

Sherry S.

Arrived on time. Very polite and professional. Found the problem quickly and resolved the matter quickly. Couldn't have asked for better service. Will definitely use again. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Faulty GFI switch in the basement

07/08/2015

William P.

Excellent. In an out in an hour.

Description of Work
Install box and new ceiling fan for living room

Category electrician

Thank you for the review.

06/25/2015

Mary T P.

AJ was professional, arrived on time and gave me a senior citizen/Angie's list 10% discount. He replaced the old Ballast and the old tubes with the new Ballast and the 2 new tubes that I had purchased and provided. I held off writing this review for 10 days because my kitchen light has been acting/working differently than I remember it doing for the previous 29 years that I have lived in this condo, and I wanted to watch how the light worked before I wrote this review. Sometimes when I turn on the light-switch there is a 2 to 3 second delay before the light comes on, and sometimes there is no delay. Sometimes after the light has been on for a while the new tubes flicker and then stop flickering, and sometimes they do not flicker at all when the light is on. This never happened with the old Ballast and old tubes, so I'm not sure what is going on---but I still have light, nothing has blown-up, so I'm happy about that. I will call/use Bayside Electric again if I need any other electrical work done in my condo.

Description of Work
AJ installed a new Ballast and 2 new tubes--that I purchased and provided--in our kitchen light fixture. I believe the old Ballast and tubes lasted for at least fifteen years.

06/22/2015

Martha D.

It went smoothly and quickly

Description of Work
Moved an electrical outlet

06/17/2015

Kathleen C.

My experience with Bayside electric was very good. He called promptly to set up appointment and came within a week. He replaced two electric outlets. The wire had come loose in one and was sparking when the light was turned on. He also replaced a lightbulb in cealing fan. He was very nice and fast. I would definately use Baysie again.

Description of Work
Change two electric outlets and lightbulb.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the review and the business.

06/14/2015

Nancy J.

Found the problem and fixed it quickly.

Description of Work
repaired breaker for heated floors

Thanks

06/07/2015

Robert S.

My second time using BaySide Electric. Again, he was on time and fixed the problem without a problem. Professional and honored the Angie's list discount again. A previous installer had cut an electrical connection for installation convenience and never connected the affected outlets again. Tony traced the lines found the cut, made sure there were no issues with reconnecting, and got the power flowing to the outlets again. He was on time and did the job quickly, will continue to use for any electrical issues,

Description of Work
Reconnected electrical lin cut by another installer

Thank you.

05/21/2015

Philip R. S.

The electrician did a great job. He was right on time and got right to work installing the fan.He was professional and did a great job. Thank you Bayside electric and thank you Matt at Angie's list.

Description of Work
Installed a ceiling fan.

Category electrician

Thank you very much for the review. This helps us a lot. Go O's.

05/20/2015

Myra W.

Service was exceptional. Responded to my request same day, arrived to perform the service on time, had a pleasant demeanor, informed us of how to prepare for house inspection and most important fixed what needed to be fixed. No fuss no muss!

Description of Work
Replaced light fixture, repaired light switch

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you very much for the great review. Good luck with house.

05/20/2015

Brent M.

The electrician showed up a few minutes before our appointment time and started work immediately. He was done within an hour and on his way. The work that he performed, mounting an electrical box to the wall, seemed like quality work and our home buyers approved.

Description of Work
Mounted a hanging electrical box to the wall for purposes of home sale.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review. I hope the sale of the home went well.

05/08/2015

Belinda F.

Excellent experience. All fans were installed in a little over an hour. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Installed 4 ceiling fans.

05/08/2015

Ray M.

AJ arrived on time, was thorough, conducted the work professionally, cleaned up after himself and shared a lot of electrical knowledge with me that will help me in the future. I would ask for him by again by name, as he was excellent to work with. He represented himself and his Company very well. My strongest recommendation for AJ specifically and Bayside Electric!

Description of Work
Assessed wiring, tested outlets, replaced two bad outlets, gave advice for further troubleshooting.

Scutro Properties LLC

We are a fence and deck builder that makes the process easy on you. Through our concentrated specialization on fencing and decking, we are able to offer you exemplary services in both categories. As a result, the majority of our customers come through referrals. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Award 2022
    Offers by Scutro Properties LLC on Angi
    Abbey Fence & Deck

Abbey Fence & Deck Co., Inc., boasting one of the area’s largest and most versatile facilities, has been serving metropolitan Baltimore with pride for over 50 years. Family owned and operated, our guaranteed workmanship has added distinction – privacy – and security to thousands of homes, businesses, government and industrial sites. Prior to 1985, Abbey Fence Co., Inc. concentrated predominately on residential fencing. In October 1985, Fritz Fence, a well known and respected company in the commercial and industrial market, was acquired. It was a perfect fit and today, Abbey-Fritz Fence remains dedicated to providing quality materials, labor and professional service at competitive prices. Abbey-Fritz Fence is a member in good standing of the American Fence Association and the Associated Builders and Contractors Inc. We are extremely proud of our charitable endeavors as well. Materials have been donated to Grant-A-Wish Foundation at Johns Hopkins, the Ronald McDonald House and the Compassion Center in College Park, MD.

Annapolis Painting Services

The #1 Painting Contractor in Annapolis, Baltimore and the District of Columbia. Over 30 years of top quality service! Annapolis Painting Services has over 75 skilled craftsmen so that we can meet the demands for the residents in the Annapolis, Baltimore and the Washington DC Metro regions. We feature the kind of professional and technical dexterity to go from one specific project to another that may be quite different, which simply indicates we have all of the seasoned experience and training you can want from a painting company. Our clients love us because we proficiently handle all painting requests, both internal and external, for a myriad of properties. No job is too large or small, and they include residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, real estate projects and more. It is all about making your property look its best, which is why we handle related tasks such as: Interior & Exterior painting, Drywall repair & installation Roofing repair & installation, Siding repair & installation, Pressure washing... Plus many more services. Choose the BEST.. Choose APS!

Panel box replacements and upgrades, circuit breakers and fuses, new and old wiring, code violations corrected, ceiling fan installations, lighting and receptacles, dimmer switches, club basements and additions, whole house wiring, swimming pools and hot tubs solar panel, smoke detectors, all types of residential electrical wiring & repairs, generator installation.

Generator servicing